Spoiler About Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 16, 2017.

1. lady-kyo

lady-kyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Roselyne is bigger than Hannelore after growing up

lazynoodles and Neuthue like this.
  2. Neuthue

Neuthue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will need to get my hands on that PoV .... simply a "must-have"

3. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cannot wait to see the amulet turns into gold dust :blob_grin:

saix2, Tjanie, lady-kyo and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw this picture below, from https://twitter.com/San_plus_/status/1469122785410752520?s=20
    [​IMG]

I never would have thought that guy is Aub Dunkelfelger, so young! In my mind, he is like Giebe Haldenzel, an old man with huge body and big hair like the Giebe XD, a bit like Bonifatius. His son is already adult too. So yeah, my image for him was old guy :whistle::ROFLMAO:

The girl beside Charlotte is Letizia. Then who is that under Sylvester?

lazynoodles, Neuthue and lady-kyo like this.
  5. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I also surprised at how young Aub Dunkelfelger is :ROFLMAO:
    But thinking about it again, his son Lestiraut is one year younger than Cornelius, who is Garstedt third son, so he must be around Garstedt generation instead of Bonifatius.

In fact, the character's ages are mostly younger than we readers expect, thanks to the early coming of age & marriages. For example:
    1. Garstedt and Elvira are in their 30s, but already have a grandchild. If Eckhart's wife and child didn't die, the child would be around the age to start preparing for the baptism ceremony.
    2. Magdalena is 25, but her son is already 8-9
    3. Georgine is also a grandmother. Her eldest daughter's daughter is already several years old.
    4. Justoks, who is the same age as Georgine, has a child at 18. That child is already an adult.

Thinking about it, people like Damuel and Ferdinand who are unmarried far into their twenties must be weirdos in society. No wonder Damuel is so desperate for a wife :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Btw, I translated the author's note:

"Many people comment [How young!] or [Unexpectedly, he hasn't been an Aub for long!], but this is the world where coming-of-age is at 15 and first marriage is generally around 16-20 of age. His son Lestraut is still 16 after all, so it's normal for him to be around 36 years old.

Also, for the most part, an heir normally becomes Aub at their 30-40. After coming of age, they start to attend the Archduke's conference, helping the Aub with various tasks to gain experience while creating connections with other archduchies' Aub and heirs. Only after they are deemed capable enough does the succession happen.

As for Sylvester, he becomes Aub without much experience after his father's premature death. Thanks to that, he was looked down on by his fellow Aubs for being a 'youngster.' Even now, that impression still follows him."

Neuthue, saix2, Jukki and 2 others like this.
  6. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    What I learned right now about Lanzeneve from the bonus ss

- They will always send 3 princess in Adal Giza, that means there are 3 factions. They are named after 3 flowers (won't do a spelling becoz I might butcher them).
    - Leonzo is the grandchild of the past king
    - So they are going to send Leonzo's sister?
    - Gervagio is the current king but his political influence/and power is weak. Gervagio married the daughter of the former King but has another wife (beloved). Both from different factions.
    - they intended to use AdalGiza palace earlier for their attack but Prince Sigizwald renovated it becoz he was going to use it as Rozemyne's room. So the plans were delayed, they waited until the workers were gone.
    - Lanzeneve envoys had other ways of communication but can't use them within Yurgen.

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do remind me, the whole adalzaze is to breed royalty for Lanzenave, right? So, the mother will be from Lanzenave and the father is from Jurgen. This is the case with Ferdinand, his father is the previous Aub Ehrenfest, right? And since the princessess seem important from the bonus SS and they're in Lanzenave, they should be from Lanxenave.
    But then, I thought mother's side mana is important to determine the children's mana too. But, the people of Lanzenave do not have mana, right? So how the Lanzenave's princess could give birth to children with big mana fit for royalty?

Why the previous Aub died? Premature death? Poisoned?

Jukki and lady-kyo like this.
  8. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lanzenave's princesses got sent to Adalgiza is the descendant of Jurgen's people, so they have mana on par with Jurgen's royalty.

When the first king departs from Jurgen to Lanzenave, he brings his whole family (wives, children, probably also children spouses) and his subordinates+their families (mostly high nobility, which means they can produce children with the king's children/grandchildren). The current Lanzenave Royalty and nobility descend from them, so there is a heavy inbreeding, but at least the descendants still have mana. By the way, the way inbreeding works in Honzuki world is based on mana color instead of physical genetic, and there is still no info on whether the heavy inbreeding results in genetic problems with Lanzenave's current royalty or not.

Of sickness. Silvester's father is sickly from childhood, which is why Bonifatius, who doesn't have any interest in the archduke's throne, was forced by his father to learn the knowledge needed for an Aub so he can take the position temporarily if something happens to his brother.

lazynoodles, Tjanie, Kaylee and 3 others like this.
  9. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's still plenty of loophole for me. Why.
    Maybe
    1. I guess their road to inbreeding have come to a block if not why'd the princess go to Jurgen for seeds.
    2. I mean, they still have the mother's mana, they should/could give birth with Lanzenave men too as long as the mothers have mana.
    3. No more potential men with mana for the royalty, so back to reason 1.
    or 4. They want more mana for the royalty. As for their aides' children, they all should alr blend with Lanzenave and maybe lose their pure breed or mana with so many years have gone to.

The world of Bookworm is very vast and written complicatedly detailed. Very different with other novel of the same theme I've read. Kudos to sensei

saix2, Jukki and lady-kyo like this.
  10. lady-kyo

lady-kyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from what I understand the princesses are sent to Jurgen so that their children have more mana, and have access to starp, which is only available in Jurgen. it is possible that the way jurgen's royal family packs the mana makes them have more than the noble men who are in the other country, it is also possible that they come to remove the royal blood of the royalesa de Lanze, to prevent " cousins" have the same descent and can compete for the throne.

Neuthue likes this.
  11. nesi

nesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. The princesses come to Jurgen not to get 'fresh blood' nor to avoid inbreeding. They come simply because they need a child with a schtap to become the king. To prevent Lanzenave to grow too much in power, Jurgen King didn't allow children born in Lanzenave to get a schtap. The child must be born and raised in Jurgen, get a schtap, then return to Lanzenave.
    2. Mother's mana determines children's mana, true. But a woman can only produce a child with a man whose mana amount doesn't differ too much from themselves. One traits people with mana had is their ability to 'sense' other people mana once they reached puberty. This 'sense' only works on people whose amount of mana doesn't differ too much from themselves. A 'spouse selecting criteria' so as to speak. People whose mana they cannot sense wouldn't be able to produce children with them.

Kaylee, Jukki, Neuthue and 1 other person like this.
  12. Neuthue

Reading List:
    Link
    Lanzenave sends princesses to get a king with staph (spelling?) since those are only obtainable in Yurgenschmidt, and valuable feystones from the children who are not chosen as kings. Those feystones are used as rings for the nobility since they don't have any magical beasts - the one Leonzio wears is a rainbow-coloured ring.
    The average Lanzenave noble has to compress more to survive, so they have more mana than their counterpart in Yurgenschmidt; just read this one: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n4830bu/637/ and the following one.

Edit: They can not "breed" (- I hate this word) with normal people from Lanzenave, because those do not have mana organs, and for descendants of Yurgenschmidt a similar mana range is a must in order to procreate.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    Jukki and lady-kyo like this.
  13. Tarniaesquetta

Tarniaesquetta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Adal giza doesn't need to get renovated. Just cleaned, probably.
    2. It wasn't renovated for Rozemyne, it was left as it is
    3. It was closed because it was politically unwise and it leaves a bad taste(like receiving high-mana girls for breeding). Political because if the current zent, Traokvar, lets in the females from lanzenave during political unrest (as his throne was unstable), it would be like he's welcoming higher ranking challengers for the throne. (if you read the wn, it seems like gervasio had some degree of freedom while he was there and with knowledge of how to get gultris height the right way unlike the current reigning monarchs, but back then, the zent still had a gultris height and gervasio was still not fully aware of the situation in lanzenave )

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    Jukki and Kaylee like this.
  14. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yes. The Schtappe. I forgot abt this.
    The only reason for Lanzenave to do the whole Adalzexa should be for Schtappe and feystone.
    Even if the Lanzenave people can have children with mana/mana organ but still cannot use mana without Schtappe which only be given to Jurgen's children and in the Academy. That's how important Schtappe and feystone to them.

Wait, Lanxeave noble has to compress? Compressing mana?
    Do these are the original Lanzenave from earlier generation (the noble that followed the first king to build Lanzenave) who should still had their schtappe.
    If not the originals or children born from these parents, so they have mana and mana organ?

15. Neuthue

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, they compress.
    An archnoble from Lanzenave is still in the archnoble range of mana level, but on the higher end, due to their circumstances. Their ancestors are nobles from Yurgenschmidt after all. They teach children the compression since they can not acquire a staph and only have the rings for releasing magic. An archnoble from Lanzenave is still in the archnoble range of mana level, but on the higher end, due to their circumstances.
    They even have the knowledge lost to the current Zent Traokvar about how to get GH, at least this is my understanding.
    This is how Gervagio gets GH fast (read: in a matter of days): he has an incredibly high amount of mana, and he has the knowledge left by their first king, who left Yurgenschmidt for "better opportunities".

Tarniaesquetta and Kaylee like this.
  16. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    This new info was from Leonzo's Pov Respective Wishes (5-7) just released this month.

They were supposed to attack on Autumn but they were delayed until Spring.
    There were workers renovating the palace just as Leonzo's PoV said so attacking by Autumn was risky. Georgina contacted them 2 years ago, then Ferdinand happened. And Leonzo was also wary about Ferdinand. This was also where he realize the Central Knight Commander is Gervagio's person.

This PoV just tell you they can attack on 2 instances. 2yrs ago and Autumn that year. This is the way author is telling us how tragic this story could go.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Jukki, Tarniaesquetta and Kaylee like this.
  17. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, what's Ferdinand happened?

18. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    his engagement happened 2 yrs ago. And Leonzo wanted to use their (Lanzeneve) technology to contact Georgene about the failed poisoning to Ferdinand. But can't use it within Yurgen.

Kaylee and lady-kyo like this.
  19. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    engagement with dietlinde, right?
    isnt that a year ago?

20. saix2

saix2 I'm seeing things

Reading List:
    Link
    since 4-9, 2 winters already passed. Its early Spring right now in the light novel (5-7).