LCD The Villain Wants to Live

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Blitz, Aug 28, 2021.

1. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Debangan_Daemon

Debangan_Daemon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently, this has turned into trash.

3. Centurionzo

Centurionzo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he screw up again ?

I always like the beginning of his works but when things get close to the middle, I left, things always go downhill

What happened now in the raws ?

4. kryner

kryner BYSTANDER BY NATURE

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I half gave up on it.
    Honestly, I can't believe how much I started to like Epherene, but other than a few characters.
    It's just...not fun to read at the moment.

5. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they were inserted as future means to explain why they entered the game world.
    Sincerely by now i don't see either side finding out who each other is, so if I were to guess Lie would end up managing to discover how to return while mc would end up staying on this world

She is the deputy chief of the investigation department
    She first appear when Mc train falls due to the assassination attempt and since then she is coming into contact with mc quite a lot as both officials means and non official intentions

She is part of the Redbox (demon blood), with still unknown ability.
    She is also related to the group that is observing Sylvia to see if she is dangerous on government orders
    Yeah epherene became one of the best characters of the series, i also like Allen, empress and the other teacher which was blackmailed

Well i end up paying some extra chapters, next few chapters are gonna be more interesting, since there will be more action and things get less complicated

I am liking the novel so far, Julie is a let down and Sylvia plot could be better but the rest is quite interesting so far

Lonelycity likes this.
  6. Sigismund

Sigismund Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read up to 111 and was starting to get slightly frustrated with the misunderstandings and this thread didn’t give hope. Never read TNE though so idk what to expect.

At times this novel reminds me of things I love about My Death Flags Show No Signs of Ending but then goes on to fuck it up.

7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel could have been better if the author lessen Deculein's interaction with the female leads.

8. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there many important misunderstandings at the moment?

Because there are lots of misunderstandings but then the author resolved them by having people constantly eavesdrop on the MC talking about them with someone else. Which... is really cheap to keep doing over and over again honestly.

Sophia thought that the MC was in love with her, that has been resolved.

The Julie plotline isn't a misunderstanding but a deliberate deception with a very specific purpose.

Due to Sylia's stalker behaviour, there are no misunderstandings in her plotline.

Lots of people had the misunderstanding that the MC was going to die in a few years. That misunderstanding hasn't been cleared because... he really is going to die in a few years.

That novel was really great but the problem is that the author really shot himself in the foot by having all named characters realize that Harold was actually a good guy as early as volume 2. And Harold was only really restricted by his mouth, so he just comes off as tsundere towards people who knew him.

I suspect that the author of The Villian Wants To Live has actually read My Death Flags Show No Signs of Ending. Because he avoided those things specifically by (a) having the MC move into Deculein when he was in his 30s and was already hated by everyone (b) having much stronger restrictions on how the MC can act while stuck in Deculein's body.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  9. Bielt

Bielt 『Planets Eater』『The Sin of Animosity』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm
    I don't think so?

If anything the only misunderstandings i can remember that are going on are:

Epherene and the other teacher think Deculain is Ill and is about to die due to sickness not really because of assassination. (It's possible that Sophien also has the same misunderstanding)

Sylvia plot is actually the other way around, it's MC that misunderstood thinking that Sylvia just hate him and didn't notice yet that she also loves him.

Yoo Ara and MC still didn't notice that each other are transmigrated

Yeah but honestly it's still better than some novels where the misunderstandings never end, besides if it's work for the characters they don't really have a reason to stop

I just wish that the author learn that communication is great and every reader actually would like to see characters that actually talk with each other
    Well i actual find it funny that they misunderstood that Harold IS a martyr and is trying to stop the evil guy even at expense of his life when he is literally doing everything he can to save the world because he want to survive XD

10. moridin84

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if the MC thinks that Sylvia just completely hates him. He's probably aware that she is more conflicted about it. He might not be aware that she loves him, but he wouldn't care that much even if he did.

I wouldn't classify the Yoo Ara and the MC not knowing each other as transmigrated as a misunderstanding.

11. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    Too many sub-plots that are too loosely connected, and we still don't have much understanding of where it's all heading towards. So far it's angsty slice of life drama.

12. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    you know it's epic when Ducelain laugh

13. moridin84

Reading List:
    Link
    "If you confess to Deculein then he will die because of your fate"

The author just cannot stop himself from ramping up the melodrama, can he? :rolleyes:

14. Feralis

Feralis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Melodrama is the Korean national sport.

Rowem and aundre like this.
  15. kryner

Reading List:
    Link
    All I can say is that from all the characters in the novel up the latest
    I really really love Stupid Epherene.
    She's just the best.
    But at the same time... Goddamn, she breaks my heart. She deserves to be happy with her strict professor :(

16. moridin84

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because she's the only one floating in this sea of melodrama.

17. Centurionzo

Centurionzo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So in the raws, does Julie hate the MC ?

Are still having so much melodrama ?

18. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She found out the truth in the 260s and forgave him, she pledged to be his "sword" afterwards.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  19. kryner

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh. not that much. But kinda hard to care about her by the time the misunderstanding is solved

20. Akuma no Rakuen

Akuma no Rakuen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone knows where I could read the last translated chapters of this novel?, what happens is that I am Spanish and the problem is that the page of novelupdates that is translating "active translations" if I remember correctly does not accept the translation of google by some reason, so if anyone has any alternative to read the last chapters on another page please tell me!