Spoiler Who is the Prey

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ireadb4ijudge, Jun 3, 2020.

1. XiaoXin

XiaoXin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, if this was one of those trashy CEO novels, that Chen brat would be the personification of that kind of female lead.

Rania want to QT likes this.
  2. AWinterWonderLand

AWinterWonderLand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhua really doesn't do it* justice. Wished I knew the ...still I was curious... I'm...a sucker for redemption...but after reading all these opinions & descriptions...I... don't care for the main antagonist, because he is just cruel... an opinion on here really struck me, if the serial killer rapist had raped me. I don't think I can go on. I think she was trying to protect her family and anyone else around her, by not revealing her true experience...because they would've taken action and then get beaten or tortured...So I see she should've told her husband at the beginning. Maybe there could've been a way out. But looking at all the tracks they've covered to have Shen ZhiJie replace his half-bro (Fu Shen Xing)(thank you to all the spoilers which have been so very helpful cuz it helped explained). It would have been nearly impenetrable except for the fact that that psychopath starting to lose it w He Yan. Affection or something akin to love. At least, liking her. She was just a piece of shit to him. He treated like trash. I want to continue reading because I guess I am a sucker for pain hoping for a you-know sunshiny day. The comments here make me not but i still feel conflicted. Like, i wanna read the rest of the manhua but it's not complete. Was thinking of reading the novel...maybe I'm just a sucker for pain. I'm surprised it only took Shen ZhiJie three years for him to turn his life around (after death row, of course). Uh, transformed. He's just scum. I'd almost written that if he hadn't liked her he would've killed her, but i remember now, he said that since you had your chance earlier you didn't take it, now i won't kill you but make your life a living hell....so whether he loves her or not (which is ok if he loves (oh, God, to have feelings for) her) but the way he treated her (yes, i tend to forget) and it doesn't help that the manhua literally skips all the painful scenes (implied but not graphically imposed) (yes, I have issues w facing the truth) he can have feelings for her...
    But he is unable to express his feelings in a way that would make people love him. I have a hard time w/ my emotions so I get it. Poor guy, haha. Well, I guess all the violent ppl are poor handlers of their emotions. Sorry but not sorry

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  3. Ssdhg_x2

Ssdhg_x2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the latest chapter (80), it seems that ML ra*ed MC in front of her ex-husband after finding them how cruel it can be

Rania want to QT likes this.
  4. bibimbapu

bibimbapu New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, He Yan.

When I write this letter, you were sleeping by my side, and when you see this letter, my dirty body is probably burried elsewhere. It's amazing, isn't it? We separated for years and then reunited, across life and death. Now you look at my writing, that I wrote while I greedily look at your face.

Ah Yan, I'm as mean as ever, but I'm cowardly and weak.

Even when if I will got to have a chance to face you a year later, I still have no courage to ask whether the child is well. I look forward to him in my heart humbly to be able to lie beside you at this moment, but also deceiving myself that I can comfort you, it doesn't matter, if he can't be by your side, he can at least be by my side.

Will there be my shadow in the eyes of the child I tried to save with my life?

I thought I had a thousand words, but I didn't know what I could say until I wrote the words. It's me who dragged you into hell inch by inch, and now I'm dreaming that you can be moved by my words. It's ridiculous, isn't it?

But I have done something more ridiculous than this. I hide in the dark video room alone, like a peeper, watching the little things in your life and Liang yuanze's life, watching the two of you while you're at one end of the sofa, doing what you want to do. Sometimes you will smile at him, sometimes you will get angry with him, and sometimes even stretch out your toes to kick him "Yuanze, go and pour me a glass of water."

Whenever I see here, my heart will be jealous crazy, but also sad to find that nothing can be changed, can only imagine that the man in the image can be changed into me, how good it would be.
    It's not Liang yuanze. It's me. It's me. It's me. You're smiling at me. You're angry at me. You're sticking out your toes to kick that man. It's me.

But that person is not me after all, and I don't have Liang yuanze's good temper.

I won't tell you to sit so far away from me. You should sit beside me. You'd better cuddle in my arms. When you smile at me, I will bend down to kiss you. But if you get angry with me, I will definitely drag you over and teach you a lesson. Will I go and pour water for you? I've seriously thought about this question, and the answer is that I will, too. But I should tell you more: "Yan, go and cook for me. I'm hungry."

It's very much like a schizophrenic, would you look and laugh?

Ah Yan, you are right. Everything we have is wrong. Meeting is wrong, starting is wrong, our relationship is wrong, everything is wrong, how we do things is wrong. And I just hope that I can put an end to these mistakes right now.

A Yan, I'm sorry. I'm sorry to have hurt you like that. I can't regret it.

A Yan, I am willing, willing to use my death to end all this wrong, return your peaceful life.

A Yan, a Yan, a Yan, a Yan, a Yan, a Yan. I read your name again and again, hoping to remember more firmly, so that it can accompany me through the next huangquan road. ( The Road to the 2nd life; heaven / hell something like that)

Ah Yan, do you know?

More than once, I thought, how good it would be if we didn't start that night like that.

5. 81ganzy

81ganzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that's the only thing that made people feel sorry for him. If he was ugly or overweight etc, nobody would feel an ounce of sympathy for the guy. But since his character design is good looking, he can commit murder, rape and force a woman to abort her unborn child just so he can get her pregnant with his baby and still be able to get sympathy from the reader. There's absolutely no way I felt an ounce of sympathy for the guy. Let's just say that he did finally make the company legit ( only legal activities) and he did actually "change" himself for the better, does that just erase all the horrendous shit he did to the fl? No it doesn't. Even when I read that poor excuse of a letter I was just shaking my head while reading it.

6. Qfaea

Qfaea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came to confirm the white hair guy is dead and Im not freakin satisfied

Backstory etc doesn't mean shit when you do all those crimes. You are still a piece of shit who doesn’t deserve a speck of my sympathy lol

Reading this gave me migraine from how much rage accumulated, just almost as much as Diabolik lovers does too pfft

I respect the MC for enduring that, like that shit damn hard. But the same time the fact she didnt snap and kill him did not satisfy me at all

smeilia, Eloisane and 81ganzy like this.
  7. MangaCommission

MangaCommission Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He got his goons to assault her + keep assaulting her through selling her for how knows how many times + him assault her in person +++ Combined all of that

In what chapter was his past told? I think the TL has not gone that far yet.

8. Jeenajin

Jeenajin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading a little from the novel and it's even more messed up:

1)right from they're first meeting where the scum is planning to murder her, his partner really does r*pe He Yan while she was still a virgin.

2) FL and her husband, Liang Yuanze where planning to have children.

3) When she is attacked on the hotel by him and afterwards forced in to prostitution, he passes her around for more man than in the manhua, and tries r**ing her.

4) Scum forces her to get a abortion so he won't kill her husband, who had to get a face surgery so he would be unrecognizable.

9. anielol

anielol New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yo! can someone spoil me about tien tien?

10. Jeenajin

Reading List:
    Link
    she's the daughter of rich family, not as powerful as the Fu Group, and a college friend of He Yan. She is very confident and extroverted, and helps He Yan escape by giving her ID, since they are very physically similar.

She gets into a relationship and eventually engaged whit Fu Shen Xing while He Yan is missing (she doesn't know the Scum true identity).

Once she finds out about the truth, she keeps trying to help He Yan escape and bring him to justice, but there's little she can really do when Fu Shen Xing is threatening her and her family.

She really does her best to help He Yan, and helps her meet Liang Yuanze and gather proof of Fu Shen Xing crimes

11. TaoTie

TaoTie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Had the FMC and her Husband already met when the ML first met her that unfortunate night?
    I saw someone say that that night, being raped, was her first time so I wasn't sure if she and her husband were already in a relationship at that point

Jeenajin likes this.
  12. Jeenajin

Reading List:
    Link
    They already where a couple. They been together since high school, and he was going to propose to her that night.

She was 18-20 on the first chapter (the flashbacks).

And apparently is her "fist time" only in the novel, since the manhua doesn't especify that.

TaoTie likes this.
  13. TaoTie

TaoTie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woof. Man Im glad this story isnt from the ML (husband) POV that would be rough.

The MC really should've done every thing differently - I wonder what the story would be like if he had kidnapped her when taking her car that night (instead of ordering her execution and letting her be raped) and explained why he was on the run, used her as a hostage, been friendly. It would be interesting to see a sequel where the MC goes back to the start after dying (when he gets shot) and lives out an alternate timeline where he tries to overcome the odds while winning the FMCs heart instead of trying to force it.

smeilia and Jeenajin like this.
  14. Jeenajin

Reading List:
    Link

Yeah.. the artist working on the manhua was going to show little short parts that would show a alternative timeline where FL wakes up in her teenage body in the past and tries to fix ML but I guess they dropped that idea

EDIT: I don't remembered it clearly, but he was part of a street gang that was involved in some serious crimes, and his two partners where on the run whit him after they killed some people from they hometown, they where looking for a car and something to steal and sell to help on their escape.

And I also doubt that she would have fallen for him under any circumstances, she and her husband are pretty much soulmates and they still love and care for each other even after been separated for so long and all the trauma they been put through. Is really just Fu Shen Xing wishful thinking/dreaming of making her love him.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    TaoTie likes this.
  15. llaladeriver

llaladeriver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait at the first point, wasn't she married?

16. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not yet, as far as I know... she married then after that incident

17. Jeenajin

Reading List:
    Link
    They where just boyfriend and girlfriend at that time.

18. AidaIro

AidaIro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys Sorry as I'm about to say something irreverent "They made a drama based on this novel."
    But I'll say it's nothing like the original.It's called "The Controllers/The Confidence".

boom2424 likes this.
  19. misswhimsy

misswhimsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML and his group of monsters in the manhua is CREEPY AF and I was soo stressed with the horrors she went thru!:blobdizzy: It’s a relief to find spoilers that she did escape and that she stayed consistent with her feelings of hate:blobcat_knife: It’s terrible how she had to act lovey dovey to survive when what she really wanted to do was bury this bastard to the depths of hell:blob_catflip:

:confusedcatblob:Have a question about his whole revenge plan, was it only because he was put on death row for that car incident that compelled him to it or are there other reasons mentioned in the book? Because his revenge sure is EXTREME:blobconfused: It’s not even her fault. He might have gotten a death penalty coming his way anyway (even if they have never met) since he committed a lot of crimes. Instead of feeling vengeful, he should have just felt grateful for that second chance since his life and future as thug was switched w/the legitimate son, so now he has power, a privilege lifestyle and status. His circumstances changed for the better compared to the slums so where is his suffering to seek revenge on her?:blobastonished:

To those who have actually read the novel was the part where he committed suicide satisfying for MC as revenge? Can you spoil more on scenes where he instead became prey before his death? Seems like in the manhua she had to hurt and injure herself a lot in order to also hurt him so she sort of became like his achilles heel. Was unrequited love his only form of torture?

Also, I thought he made her ex-husband lose his memories and get plastic surgery, so that plan failed?

I agree with the comments about the art. Guess they get more viewerships with attractive characters so that’s why they keep using that hook.
    [​IMG]
    It’s misleading so some shippers romanticize:facepalm:

boom2424 and Jeenajin like this.
  20. Jeenajin

Reading List:
    Link
    Because he is vicious, cruel, and obsessed.

The guys that were with him all died, and his family only ever seek him out when it benefited them so that he could take the identity of the real Mr.Fu. He only did that because he wanted to. Like He Yan was the only loose end from his past. He just wanted to entertain himself with her pain and suffering, he did not expect her to endure all his torture, so he became curious. He Yan is also an extremely beautiful and smart woman and he eventually started to lust for her and then eventually in love. SPOILER]

You remember that black haired dude that is always with him? Not the bodyguard, but the one that refers to him as brother Fu and was with He Yan in the poker game chapter ( I'm sorry I don't remember his name, but I will put a picture later)
    he is actually involved in a investigation against the Fu GROUP AND Fu Shen Xing.

He kinda helps He Yan, more like she helps him, to get enough evidence against him, but he is also kinda shitty with her. Saying that Fu Shen Xing really loves her and that maybe she should just live with him.

At some point He Yan gives up on revenge. Shes pregnant with his child,she's tired, he always finds a way to stop her plans, she already saw too many people die and get hurt, so she just gives up, wich makes him freak out because she just doesn't respond to anything anymore. His downfall was wanting her to love him and forcing her to be with him.

When the truth comes out, he runs to some type of bunker, and keeps He Yan locked in there for days until he imprisoned Liang Yuanze whit them, and he sees them confess their love for her each other and agree to meet on theirs next lives, wich makes him give up. He lets them go, and tells He Yan to not look back and kills himself.

He Yan never loving him was the biggest torture for him.

He did go on with the surgery but he didn't lose his memories, it was just an act.

I'm sorry that it is rush and kinda hard to understand. I had to write it two times because it just kept deleting it or not uploading. I'll make a more in depth and better written version soon.