TV New South Park episode

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Deadmantellnotales, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, the ending of "South Park: Post Covid: The Return of Covid" is pretty depressing. am I the only one who felt that 20 or so seconds made the ending feel unsatisfactory? Well, it might also be Matt Stone and Trey Parker saying "how's that shitty ending, ya didn't expect that ain't ya?"

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  2. zephyroths

zephyroths A Passingby Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    they really have to do cartman like that. sure, Rabbi Cartman isn't this Cartman. But after what he's willing to sacrifice... man...

Deadmantellnotales likes this.
  3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    It's sad but funny just like reality.

4. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to Cartman (that heroes can be victims and someone always ends up on the losing side) is a long running theme of South Park.

Even after everyone learns their lesson (in this case it's supposed to be about tolerance and forgiveness for others), nothing really changes since people were still dicks to Cartman, even though he was a hero. The fact that the audience feels sorry for him and that he deserved a better ending is the point.

It's also symbolic of the many unsung heroes during the pandemic (medical staff, essential workers, etc). Many were treated indifferently once everyone got used to the situation.
    Does anyone still remember an earlier time when the public would carol and cheer for healthcare workers at the end of their shift?
    Now they are treated with disdain by a significant portion of the population. How f*cked up is that?

5. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it another fucked up US thing or maybe I just don't talk to a lot of people or watch the news. I don't think people are disdaining healthcare workers in civilized countries of Europe but the attitude is probably the same as before the pandemic, that's nice but I don't really care until I get sick. I mean it's a job, what are you supposed to do, give them a percentage of your salary, treat them drinks everytime?

kkgoh and Deadmantellnotales like this.
  6. Deadmantellnotales

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, your statement is valid and I find it hard to agree and disagree.

Jojo775 likes this.
  7. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a f*cked up US thing. Because the anti-vaxxers now think healthcare workers are helping perpetuate a "myth/conspiracy" of COVID.
    They even booed Trump when he announced he got vaccinated. Go figure.

Deadmantellnotales and Jojo775 like this.
  8. Deadmantellnotales

Reading List:
    Link

I don't know how dumb you need to be an anti-vaxxer.

kkgoh likes this.
  9. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on whether you're the one in control (the really insidious, diabolical people), or the one blindly believing those in control (the dumb sheep being herded off the cliff).

10. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On the same line as the South Park episode, you guys should check out "Don't Look Up".

Sure it's depressing and had a rambling, although accurate sidetracked plot, but still conveys the message.
    I'd probably rate it slightly higher than the critics ... maybe 7/10.

11. Deadmantellnotales

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to watch this but forgot about the movie, thanks for reminding me.

For those who want to watch it: https://yesmovies.ag/movie/don-t-look-up-1630852277/1-1/watching.html

kkgoh likes this.
  12. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm nothing in the trailer made me laugh or grin so it makes me think movie is one of those that try to be funny but aren't.

13. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, the trailer is misleading and poorly made. Unfortunately even the 2nd trailer is too.

It's better to think of it as a dark comedy like Parasite. Not meant to be lol funny. If anything, it was almost upsetting to watch.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    Jojo775 likes this.
  14. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of it wasn't but I liked when he announced the Covid Delta Rewards Plus variant.

The problem in the US was this whole thing has gotten so political that all sanity has been lost in the debate. And healthcare workers simply are the ones who are left in the crossfire.

Not only are healthcare workers being attacked by anti-vaxxors. Those healthcare workers who already had covid and see little reason to get vaccinated for covid got fired, and any doctor who brings any form of concern with the vaccines due to seeing issues in their patients getting silenced from even making inquires.

These days, there is no middle ground. You are either an anti-vaxxor or believe everyone should get forced into a vaccination. And things are only getting more and more polarizing.

And many of the mixed messages are causing more harm then good.

Thus you get an endless vicious cycle where both sides double down only for everyone to end up screwed. And healthcare workers are just caught in the crossfire.

But it isn't limited to the US on how healthcare workers are treated. Just look at the doctor from China who first found Covid. He was treated like a criminal for daring to bring it up to other doctors.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  15. Deadmantellnotales

Reading List:
    Link

I do agree with how bad the US is polarized. That what you get for following 2 party system, even they start a new party I'm sure those 2 are gonna crush it so they don't loose votes. Well, I don't think multi-party system is the best, but it helps to evenly distribute hate better.

Jojo775 likes this.
  16. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not an anti vaxer, just that these vaccines aren't effective with 6-7 covid variants out there and it only being a vaccine for the first one lol.
    I got vaccinated coz of housemates and didn't wanna bother looking for a new place, two times I waited for an hour and half in a long line to get vaccinated. These people are morons, no public gatherings, then they make a gathering for a vaccination. This December, after supposedly more than 90% people have been vaccinated, this be in Ireland.