Discussion Horrible Classmates

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lissi, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a really good day at school today. It's the last day before break, and in all of my classes (except one, which is basically just time to do your own work. It's basically just a class to study), I got food! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

So delicious. I had a full meal in my morning class since we were cooking stuff yesterday, I got to eat a marshmallow in my next class (and won a donut as a prize for winning a mini-competition!), ate popcorn and cookies during the movie in another class, and finally ate one of the mint chocolate cookies my teacher in my last class offered me while playing on his game TV thing. It was super awesome! :cookie:

However... today was also the day I realized just how horrible some of my classmates in that one study class. It's a really big class. There's probably at least 40 people in it? My other classes were pretty small this year (the biggest had barely over 10 students, and usually regular classes don't go over 25 people at the very, very most), so that class is pretty big in comparison. :blobrofl:

Anyways, we all sit in this auditorium and do our work. There aren't even tables for all of us, but well... there aren't any other options.

Today, the teacher who supervises us said that my class could do this paper airplane competition. Which is like, ok. I'm not good at folding paper airplanes, I didn't know any of the guys participating (and really didn't want to either), and I had other stuff to do, so I didn't participate. I just sat in my seat, doing my work, head down.

Well. That was a mistake. :blobsalt:

Because halfway through, I got hit in the head by a half-full water bottle. My gosh, the thunk after the bottle hit the ground (after hitting my head)... was so loud.

Like, first of all, what the heck were those guys doing, throwing a water bottle in a paper airplane contest?!

Second of all... how did it even happen???

I was sitting in the middle of the seats. By right, if people aim their projectiles through the aisles on the side (which they should've been doing), there's no way I could've been hit. I was in the middle of the largest block of seats, for goodness' sake!!

What the heck was the guy who threw it doing??

But see, I didn't know that guy before today. What I did know, however, was that at the beginning of the class today, the teacher made everyone sing him "Happy Birthday". So I didn't even want to say anything mean to him. Plus, he apologized and I don't think he meant to hit me, so even if my head kinda hurt... whatever.

But then the worst part was... those other guys laughed at me when I was hit. It wasn't everyone, just those 10 or so that were participating and throwing stuff everywhere.

And I could kinda feel a few tears welling up, maybe. I felt really humiliated even though I was the one hit. They are such horrible classmates!!!!! :blobtriumph:

Anyways, I moved to the back of the auditorium as fast as I could so I wouldn't be hit anymore (like seriously I feel like the teacher should've taken more precautions about having this kind of contest- where's the no danger zone for the majority who's not participating? But nope... she was just playing cards in the back :blobsweat_2:).

But some of those guys still came up there (because it was higher up there) to throw their airplanes... and I really wanted to tell them to their face, "get away from me."

I didn't. But I really, really wanted to. :blobsneeze:

Anyways, have you guys ever had any mean classmates like these? Like, they don't know you at all, but still made you feel really awful? :blob_tilt:

kkgoh, Agentt, MerryMune and 2 others like this.
  2. Epythymy

Epythymy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not even that awful though? Sounds like a group of silly dudes doing their own silly things and someone among them failed miserably in the process?

They were probably laughing at him and not you, I mean just imagining how some retard tried to do something with paper plane and water bottle and then somehow headshot an innocent bystander sounds like a fun moment?

You probably think that they were laughing at you cause you're the one involved, but it's just the whole situation that is somewhat absurd.

That is unless they were aiming specially at you, but considering that you don't even know them it's unlikely.

Some boys never grow up.

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I can safely claim I never hit any female classmate with projectiles or guffawed when they were hit with said missiles back in my schooldays, I cannot absolve myself of participation in such stupid activities. And as the poster above says, it was less about being deliberately mean than about being the unintentional, insensitive halfwits that boys of a certain age almost always are. And I wager that decades down the line, what was a mildly traumatising memory for you will be nostalgia for the good ole days for them.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    One Perfect Veteran and Almaa like this.
  4. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's interestingly cute way of expressing...:hmm:

Should've just picked up the bottle walked over and poured it over his head...

5. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs Lissi* Hamster Heal!

Lissi and One Perfect Veteran like this.
  6. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who does that in real life? just laugh it off or painstakingly glare at the for a minute :blobokhand:

One Perfect Veteran likes this.
  7. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh! I had an unique experience too. I had gone to the auditorium for some reason and in the class the other guys had thrown my bag down and my books somewhere somewhere , stomped on my bench and wrote my name on it. When I came back they blamed another for doing and started apologizing. I seriously hated it but I still smiled and said okay. Seriously I never involved myself with them again for the rest of the years I spent in that school.
    It's not a nostalgia but an horrible incident and they never did it unintentionally.
    Yes that's absolutely the only thing you can do

Lissi and One Perfect Veteran like this.
  8. ShadowAscetic

ShadowAscetic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In high school i had 43 classmates and we never changed class so basically this kind of thing often happened in the classroom. I don't mind though, shit happens everyday. Just imagine the chaos of having the same classroom with the same 43 people for 3 years

Tech is life and otaku31 like this.
  9. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I had some pretty mean classmates in middle school. The bullies ran a protection money racket back then and I had my money taken from me. Once, I was accused of a theft (probably done by the bullies themselves) and beaten up in the middle of a class. If you are interested, you can read about their exploits here: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/parallels-between-chinese-web-novels-the-real-world.82521/

10. Oarita

Oarita New Member

Reading List:
    Link

when I was in 6th grade,one of my senior hated me & liked to gossip about me.I dunno what i did to her.I even don`t know who is she.always bad mouthing about me to her friends,staring at me.wth.I dunno what was her problem.those kind of human being we can find at every school,they have lot of free time.

11. Obserwator

Obserwator [Gamer of Life] [Naturalist] [Universalist]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't react imminently to correct their behavior, they won't understand that they done something wrong, because why shroud they? No one corrected them right?

12. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are always dumbasses at school age. Just take adequate steps to protect yourself -- complaining to teacher or higher up since teach seems to be useless, or surround yourself with friends who can help.

Eventually everyone grows up. These dumbasses will either (1) realize they were dumbasses, or (2) double down to become worse people. (1) is more likely to happen since people tend to be collectively mean due to "group think". When they experience other social circles as they age, they see and understand more.

otaku31 likes this.
  13. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like you were an unfortunate bystander.

otaku31 likes this.