Spoiler The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy...thread

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Silentstorm, Apr 25, 2020.

1. DarkeAOU

DarkeAOU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the novel is still ongoing (it updates Monday-Friday). We are currently six arcs into Part Two of the novel. Part Two seems to be focused on the second game in the series, and the current arc is dealing with Nate, who is the second capture target introduced from the second game. He's an inventor. :blobpats:

The ML has not been decided yet. At the moment, Stayle, Arthur and Val are all possible candidates. Stayle and Arthur get the most screentime, but thus far, Val is the one who gets her heart racing (Leon does as well, but he's a special case). There are a lot of people who like Pryde, though, so it's within the realm of possibility that the ML may end up being someone else.

I would like to remind you, however, that this novel isn't categorized as a Romance (I wouldn't really call it a harem, either, despite 75% of the male characters crushing on Pryde). The closest Pryde has come to having a crush on anybody is probably her fangirling over Powell (who was her favorite character in the third game). :hmm:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  2. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobparty:Chapter 15 is out in the manga! :blobparty:(If you've forgotten, I put the link to the raws at the top of my Master List.)

Sorry it's been so long since my last update. In between me being depressed over the lack of Val lately, there's been some life stuff that has since been resolved. So not only did I miss chapter 14 of the manga, but chapter 15 has been out for a while, too.:blobwhistle:

On the bright side, though, chapter 15 looks like it will close out the Sick Person Arc. Which means that I can expect to see Val again in the Sinner Arc, either at the end of chapter 16, or chapter 17 if the manga-ka decides to draw the House Party Arc.:blob_pompom:

In regards to the novel, my break from the series means that I am currently more than 100 chapters behind. So despite the Devouring Demon Arc being concluded (along with another short story arc), I have yet to compile a summary for them. I'll try to get that out as soon as possible, but it may end up being next week (given that my primary focus in November is NaNoWriMo). :blobtired:

As always, I am always up for procrastination, so if you have questions about the series--ask! Interested in the guys from the second game? Curious about Pryde's "crush" on Powell? Want to know how Sefek and Kemet are dealing with middle school? You can also ask about Part One of the novel, too. :blobuwu:

3. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so here's the summaries for the 33rd and 34th arcs. Regarding the 35th arc, I'm a little stuck on the title translation for now. This time around, Pryde's called "Ambassador Girl," but what's "Shoushitsu" (ショウシツ)? :hmm:

Hmmm...for now, I guess I'll just list it as the Ray arc (like how the Sick Person Arc was first referred to as the Gilbert Arc).

EDIT: Okay, I have a better translation now, so I'm going to dub the Ray Arc the "Disappearance Arc." Good to go.

Anyway. The summaries.

33 Devouring Demon Arc (chapters 155-237)
    Dios and Curi help Pryde tutor Amulet. Arthur's athleticism gains him popularity among the male students. Pryde and Arthur are introduced to Amulet's brother, Phillip, while Stayle hides in Cedric's carriage. Stayle and Gilbert receive reports about child trafficking originating in Proudest. Pryde asks Leon for help to save the next capture target, Nate. Pryde threatens Nate into becoming "friends" with her. Val digs a pit to catch the troublemaker students inside Proudest. Pryde hires Nate to create something with his invention special ability. Curi lends Nate his dorm room to invent in, while Colm oversees his work. Pryde reveals Nate as a victim of home abuse, and Nate doesn't return to school the next day. Val takes Pryde to rescue Nate, and Colm arrests Nate's abusive uncle. Pryde skips home economics class and enlists Val to hide her. Nate delivers his invention to Pryde.

34 Direct Connection Arc - Filler (chapters 238-243.2)
    Queen Rosa has a vision of a person letting his fire special ability run wild until he is the only one left alive, and Regent Wes records the prediction. Pryde is depressed to find out that she has to take supplementary lessons for home economics with Amulet. Gilbert informs Pryde that the school chairman, Anchorson, will soon be brought before a jury. Val delivers a report that the troublemaking students he's been catching were actually criminals hired to enroll in Proudest in order to locate a person named Lyre, and their employer is the next capture target, Ray Karin.

As long as I was putting off rereading this arc, you'd think that I disliked Nate, but he's actually a little cute. :blob_patpat:

Regarding possible love interests, I feel a bit sorry for Pryde's crush on Powell, but I really think Powell and Amulet are going to be a thing. :blobpats: From Powell saying that he already had a person he cared about in the Brothers Arc, and Amulet describing her ideal man as "a kind person who always protects women and children," which is practically Powell's catchphrase. I'm sorry, Pryde, but I think you've lost this one. :hmm:

Also: I'm crying. As long as the middle school arc's been going on, there's been no Pryde/Val scenes until near the end of the Devouring Demon Arc. The first scene's just light flirtation, but the second!!! Three whole chapters!!! And they're completely alone together!!! And the author censored it, but Val called Pryde by name (finally)!!! Oh, my heart. :bloblove:

I'll share the Pryde/Val moments from the Devouring Demon Arc as soon as I can, but it'll definitely be a couple days. But it's worth it!!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  4. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious if the tl team for the manga is still translating this or is it dropped? I've noticed in the raws that they skipped a lot of vital scenes that were part of the novel which made me sad because the pacing was already good. When they removed those parts, it made some of the motivations of the characters become flat and boring during those chapters.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    bochucha and DarkeAOU like this.
  5. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobparty:Chapter 16 is out in the manga! :blobparty:(If you've forgotten, I put the link to the raws at the top of my Master List.)

I thought this was coming up. Hm, if I knew this chapter updated today, I'd have dropped the announcement with the story arc summaries. :blobpats:

Anyways, this chapter is literally the tail end of the Sick Person Arc. Arthur coming out to his dad and Deputy Commander Clark about his special ability, and then the rest is Stayle and Arthur bonding.

Looking forward to next month's chapter. :cookie:

terpseachore and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  6. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Just bringing this up now, but if you see any new names appear in my summaries and want to know who these characters are, I have updated my character list. All characters from the second game who have been revealed thus far are in the Civilian section.

Okay, and now on to sharing the first Pryde and Val scenes since the Brothers Arc. (I missed Val so much, you have no idea.)

Again, naming the scenes according to chapter. The following excerpts do not contain the entire chapter. (You'll have to wait until the translator reaches this point to read the whole chapter, or TL it yourself.)

Here's the Devouring Demon Arc! :blobhero:

(Pryde POV) II 227. The Selfish Girl Thinks
    Val looked at him with a grin, agitating the frustration that he couldn't be heard here, but suddenly the person next to him caught his eye. After thanking him, Val turns his face towards Pryde, who says little and only looks at him.

"... ...what"

"Nothing. I'm just relieved because you look okay."

Huh? Val raises an eyebrow at her reply.

Val even wondered what it was for a moment, but when he saw Pryde looking at his face, Val wondered if Pryde was worried about something else.

All Val did was just transport. Moreover, Val wasn't interested because he had nothing to do with Nate. No matter how much Pryde worried about Nate, no matter how unreasonable she is, he only thinks "again." It was impossible for Pryde to be calm even though it was someone else's problems. Val even thought that the Pryde who intruded like this was strange, more than anything.

However, even if he didn't hear the situation from Pryde, she wondered afterwards if Val was uncomfortable when he saw the man who used violence against Nate. Val didn't know Nate's circumstances, and Pryde thinks she would have done something wrong if she showed him something unpleasant after having called him unilaterally.

In reality, Val speaks in the usual tone as if he hadn't seen anything. She thinks that he couldn't feel so good to see it when he cares about Sefek and Kemet.

"Even though it was an emergency, you got involved unexpectedly. I'm sorry if it made you feel unpleasant."

"What are you saying when you know my criminal record?"

I wonder if you're sleeptalking. Val returns his honest impressions in words.

Val understood Nate's situation from the other side of the door, but Val himself didn't think much about it. It wasn't unusual for him either.

And when it comes to Nate's uncle, Val's often even worse off. Rather, if he thinks that man had a good year and earned a small amount of money to that extent, he was more amazed. The value of a person with invention special abilities is not detailed, but Val was tired of the lower class adults who rob children. Rather, humans who do not do so are rare. For Val, the only difference is between it happening in a house or in a back alley.

When asked if Val hates it, Val thinks he hates children more than Nate's uncle, who was the same kind as himself.

Val was half skeptical about what the person who sentenced him in the trial herself was saying. However, Pryde only tilted her head.

Of course Pryde remember his criminal record. Everything, including the sins he himself admits. But still, Val thought that he didn't want to see such a person.

To Pryde who stared at him, Val looked sick.

"... I can't do it' and 'I don't want to do it' are different things. I don't care which kid gets messed up. "

"Would you be able to forgive them if the opponent was Sefek and Kemet? Of course you don't have to answer."

"... ... ... ... ... ... ..."

Val tried to laugh with his nose at the end, but he closed his mouth unintentionally at the words that changed the situation.

Val looked beyond the door with his eyes as he quietly remembered. Val couldn't see it from his current position, but when Pryde jumped in, he caught a glimpse. Recalling that it was a kid about thirteen, he was certainly not far from Sefek and Kemet.

In that sense, Val finally understand what Pryde wanted to say. However, just because they are close in age does not change his feelings about other children. To be honest, Val doesn't care about children other than Kemet and Sefek.

When Val suddenly closed his mouth, Pryde regretted that she didn't think and said something unnecessary.

No matter the reason, she didn't need to remind him if he really didn't care. However, Val's words, that described himself as the same kind of person as Nate's uncle, bothered her a little.

In response to Val's silence, she apologized, "I'm sorry, it was a trivial thing."

Val distorts his mouth, annoyed that Pryde has to bow her head. Val doesn't want to talk about it anymore while Stayle, Arthur, and even Leon are listening. However, it was more unpleasant for him to have Pryde make that clouded facial expression, as if Pryde had intruded too far. Val's not hurt, but apart from that, Val still doesn't care about Nate.

Val has no regrets or remorse for what he has done in the past, and Val doesn't feel disturbed even if he's confronted with it. If he has to say

"... ... If you want someone who thinks like that, look in the mirror rather than at me."

E? Pryde replied with a loud blink to the words muttered like a soliloquy in a low voice.

Pryde wondered what that meant, but Val didn't want to say any more. Stayle and Arthur nod silently to his words, but Pryde is unaware of the actions of the two behind them. Leon immediately understood the meaning, but turned away rather than let it show on his face, saying that he didn't want to be glared at by Val. Certainly ..., Leon sincerely agreed with Val's words silently.

"... ... Isn't it messy?"

As Pryde moved her lips to ask what he meant, Val turned his gaze from her to her outfit, as if overcoating.

Pryde shrank when he suddenly points it out, and she looks at her clothes. When Pryde hugged Nate, she absorbed his tears and the water from his clothes, and now her front was wet and discolored.

If you look at it in the sun, Pryde think it's quite dirty again. It's not transparent, but it also has blood stains. In any case, Pryde couldn't go back to school, and Pryde folded her arms in front of her and roughly concealed her grief.

"It may be quite noticeable ... ... I wonder if it's so dirty that I can't go in the doctor's place."

"I don't think it's a problem, but if you're worried, go home first."

"It looks good on a kid"

Contrary to the caring Stayle, Pryde hid with both arms and looked back at Val, who was laughing and smirking.

Her lips are sharp and her raised eyes shout, "You know my real age!" She is now 14 years old, but she is actually an adult woman. But now that Stayle and Arthur aren't wearing a jacket that can be worn by her, there's nothing to hide her appearance.

While Stayle and Arthur suggested that they return once or borrow something from Nate's house that could cover her, Val's provocative grin did not fade. Seeing him grinning with that unpleasant smile, she was tempted to tell him not to laugh that much. From Pryde's point of view, it's better not to expose it this time. Pryde wondered if she should say it again, but before that, Leon moved from his spot.

"... ...It seems that Nate is almost finished changing his clothes. Shall I go back first?"

(Pryde POV) II 234. The Selfish Girl Escapes
    Looking up, there was an odd spot on the side of the school building on the other side of the tree. There between the windows of the second and third floors was a protuberance that for certain did not exist in the design. I didn't notice it yesterday, but it blends in so well that ordinary students who just entered the school must think that it is part of the original design.

I can't really see the top from here on the ground, but I'm sure. I rushed to the bottom and I softly called out.

"Val! Val!! Is it a little better? Please help me a little!"

I call out to Val, whose base is at the back of the school building to ambush bad students.

When I thought that he should be around here, it was a hit. It was good I came to the back of the high school building. I checked here first because it was the closest to the mobile classroom, but in the worst case, I would have to go back to behind the middle school building.

At first, there was no reaction from the protuberance when I called, but after a few seconds of silence, someone rose up from the shadow. I heard a low muttering voice from the top, "Ah? ... ..." so maybe Val was sleeping.

"Val! I'm sorry to disturb you when you're busy, but can you hide me too!!"

"... ... ... ... ... ... Ah?"

When I called him again, I could see the face that woke up completely this time.

Val, who looked down from above with his head tilted, looked down at me with his sharp eyes for about two seconds and then blinked rapidly. His eyes were asking me what I was doing.

No wonder he is surprised. Normally, all students are in class at this time. Even though he was on duty here, I never thought I would ask Val, who is in the position of Bancho behind the school, for help in this way.

Anyway, hurry, hurry! When I beckoned, Val raised one eyebrow and slowly descended from the wall using his special ability. For the time being, I was relieved that I didn't have to work to advance here. I may be able to reach if I do my best to leap, but at that height, the only way to be sure is to climb a tree and jump, or jump off the third floor.

"... ... ... ... Jeanne. What are you planning to do in a place like this?"

He stopped unnaturally for a moment when he tried to say something, so maybe he tried to call me "Lord."

I banned him from calling me Lord on the first day of school, so he called me Jeanne safely. It was good I said it then, after all.

Val was descending, but his eyes paid more attention to the surroundings than me. It may be more suspicious because neither Stayle, Arthur or the Knight Captains are there like yesterday. I'm really sorry to call you for such a bad thing.

When Val landed on the ground, there was a sound like a descending escalator, and the earth that made up that protuberance dissipated cleanly. As usual, his special ability is perfect enough to make you speechless with Kemet's help.

Even if it is restored in this way, I don't think that the protuberance from before looked strange. It would be noticeable if it had a clearly unsuccessful form like a swallow's nest, but it was really solid like a structural part of the building from the start.

While I thought about that, Val stands in front of me and looks down with a suspicious expression from directly above. Val had been set at the age of 18 so that he wouldn't need to return to Chancellor Gilbert, but I was 14 years old, so I think it's been a while since I was under this much pressure. Thinking that it's okay for him to be in a bad mood this time, I look straight up to ask him.

"... ... Only for second period, I don't want teachers or students to find me, so I want you to hide me secretly. I knew you were hiding outside the school building."

As I say it, my voice gradually becomes quieter.

That's why I'm not making sense. But I knew it from before that Val was hunting bad students and lurking outside the school building. If Val, who had been ordered not to enter prohibited areas, were to lurk, there was no choice but to use his special ability to blend into the surroundings. At this point, Val was the only one I could depend on, as not even teachers or bad students have been able to find him until today.

Val shouted "Huh?" to my response and looked at me seriously. It's a face that said he wasn't convinced at all. I can forcefully make him hide me with an order, but I'm the one asking for a favor, so let's get him to agree. Even while doing this, at least the fact that time is passing by is a relief.

"Is it something related to the kid from yesterday again?"

"No. Nate's not involved."

"What happened to the usual kid? Why doesn't he take you with him?"

"... ... Phillip and Jack are absent now, since the elective classes are separate for men and women. They don't even know I'm doing this. Alain, I think ... ... is maybe somewhere."

"Then what's the secret? Why don't you ask the knight?"

"I don't need to hide because I'm being chased by a specific person, but ... ... I don't want to be found by a teacher on patrol."

"... ... ... ... ... ... Huh?"

(Pryde POV) II 234.1 Goes Overboard
    "... ... ... ... ... ... Huh?"

I didn't expect that strengthening the patrol to crack down on troublemakers would catch me in a situation like this. No, it was meant to crack down on bad students like me right now, so the patrol itself is correct!

I become less hesitant the more I say. Before I noticed, I grabbed Val's arm with all my strength, even though I didn't turn away from Val's face. I already made the request, so any excuse is fine, only hide me somewhere! I shout in my heart.

Even as I do this, I'm uncomfortable thinking I might be found by teachers or students. I shift my feet from side to side meaninglessly while standing, rubbing dents in the ground.

"In other words, do you mean you're skipping class?"

Twitch.

My shoulders jump honestly when Val asks that fastball jackpot. I swallowed several times, pursed my lips, and nodded.

That's right, this is definitely skipping.
    For even the First Princess of this country to skip class, shame fills my heart. Still not responding to Val, I make a conscious effort to move my mouth without turning away, and admit the most embarrassing reason.

"... ... There was a class I don't want to attend, no matter what... ... ... ... ... ... So, I snuck out. I know it's really rude to the teacher. Please keep this a secret from Phillip and Jack, as well ... ..."

I told him.

I finish with a thin, unreliable thread-like voice. To be honest, with Stayle, I can't help but receive a sermon. I took my classes seriously as the First Princess, and I studied Chancellor Gilbert and Stayle's thoughts on the school curriculum. It would be terrible for me to make a single recommendation on what Chancellor Gilbert and Stayle and the senior management worked hard to put together. Above all, it's rude to the teacher to avoid the valuable elective lessons they came all this way to teach, and more than anything else, the teacher today ... ...

The more I think about it, the narrower my shoulders become. My shoulders come up to my neck, and I have mixed desires to eeturn to class, and to escape from class. Then

"~~Hyahahahahahahahahahah!!!! You're afraid of being caught because you don't like the class!? You're becoming more like a kid!!"

Hyahahahahahahahahahah!! Val's laughter broke out in front of me.
    Your voice is too loud!! I wanted to yell at him, but I clenched my teeth and endured it. I'm an adult here, be calm, be calm. I'm still the one making the request.

After chanting the word "adult" in my head more than ten times, I raise my head to face him. When I looked up, Val was holding his stomach and pointing at me with his index finger, laughing from the bottom of his heart. For a moment, I think about biting that finger. I hate being the height of a 14-year-old.

Val's laughter does not stop even if I try to repeat the request again while clenching both fists and enduring, "So, I want you to hide me... ..." It seems that the fact that I ran away from class was a key point he never got tired of, and he kept laughing out loud. It was really good that this was behind the school building.

The windows on the back wall of the school building are all either the library or windows of unused storerooms, so you don't have to worry about being noticed. And if not, you can be sure

"Ah! Hello, you're a teacher on patrol!? Thank you for your hard work!!"

Hee!?

I look back at Captain Alain's loud voice, which warns me. It definitely warns me!!

I cling to Val in front of me, grateful to Captain Alain for talking to the teacher nearby with a loud voice that echoes to reach us.

On the wall!! On the wall!! and I desperately push Val, who has stopped laughing, to the wall to hide me. Val responded to this immediately and used his special abilities as soon as his back hit the wall on my order. The walls of the school building move to cover and hide us. It's a pitch-black space on the inside, but it must have become a seamless section of the wall as before.

Perhaps he noticed that we were hiding, Captain Alain's voice couldn't be heard any longer, though other people's voices could be heard faintly through the wall. For now, I stroked my chest in relief to be able to hide safely ... ... I feel like Captain Alain is also having a great deal of trouble.

When I think that this time, phew ... ... ... I exhaled, feeling something other than relief. I bowed my head, and my forehead hit Val, who was standing in front of me.

"... ... It's not my hobby to be pushed into walls."

A voice far lower than mine came from above.

When I noticed and lifted my head, Val was looking down at me from above with furrowed brows.

It wasn't stuffy or dark, and when I looked up I noticed a number of small holes in the ceiling. Thanks to that, I could clearly see his moody face.

I was relieved that I was hidden from the teachers, and if I look around, I can see that he build a good place at once. The height was around two meters, and the length of the covered space was about two tatami mats wide. It's a very comfortable space. He said that it was not uncommon for him as a delivery person, but I still wonder if he really sleeps in such a place.

When I opened my mouth and looked around without saying a word, Val complained to me, "How long will you grab me?" When I looked, I was clinging to him tight enough to wrinkle his clothes while pressing him against the wall.

I'm sorry, and I let go hurriedly and took half a step back without hitting the formed wall. I took another two steps and finally stopped with my back to the wall.

"What kind of hobby is this? Is this the 'invitation method' of the Royal Family-sama now?"

"That's wrong. Please stop calling me that at school!"

Of course, for Phillip as well! I got angry as I hid my voice.

Why do you speak such misleading words even when there are only two people here? Moreover, even if you don't have to worry about being questioned by others, I want you to stop referring to the Royal Family in such a place.

As soon as I retreated, Val was released from the position of being pushed into the wall. In a better mood now, Val grinned at me with an unpleasant smile. He probably thinks it's interesting to see me angry but unable to yell with all my might.

Although I was in a hurry, it might have been bad to push him so hard until his back hit the wall. However, there was nothing else that mimicked the walls of the school building, and I was in a hurry, so it can't be helped.

"This isn't bad, though."

Smiling, Val didn't even try to smooth out the wrinkles of his clothes, but stepped closer, stretching his neck out to approach my face with a grin.

Val might have leaned too far forward, he put his hands on the wall on both the left and right side of me. As soon as I tried to apologize, Val did exactly the same thing as me. Though thanks to the contract, he couldn't push me into the wall. Instead, his face is so close that he almost hits his nose against my forehead.

"And? What's next?"

"I would be grateful if you could keep me hidden for the time being. Until the class is over."

"Huh. Leave it to me."

Val looks at me with a grin like he enjoys my reaction, and when I made my request obediently, "Hyahahah!" he laughed briefly and straightened his back.

It seems the revenge is over when he lowered his arms and released me, and sat down with his back against the wall of the school building. Certainly, it must be uncomfortable to stand like this, so I sit down, too.

I crouch down to keep the skirt clean out of habit, but if I think about it, it's not a gown but a commoner's dress. I wonder if it's okay to get it a little dirty, then sit down and wrap my arms around my knees.

Then Val, who had his elbows on his knees, sighed and changed the ground under our feet at the same time.

The uncomfortable rubble went away, and now the ground felt like flooring. When I stroked it with my hand, it almost felt clean, so I gave him a word of thanks and folded my legs comfortably. I'm grateful that he let me feel at home.

There was no sign of a teacher approaching, and I relaxed my shoulders with a sigh. "So," Val threw out in a low voice.

"What kind of class was it that you had to run away from?"

"... ... ... ... It's forbidden to snoop on that topic alone."

It's an order. I wield my privilege and close my eyes in refusal.

Then a happy voice said, "I see?" The face looking at me was distorted happily. I don't want to admit this even if my mouth is torn, so I forbid him to ask not only me, but also Stayle and Arthur.

"Isn't it something that a monster like Temee is bad at? It's worth taking this request just to know that."

"... ... What about you, what were you doing until a while ago? I thought you were working, but it looked like you were asleep."

"More deliveries last night. And in the daytime, there were those round trips to that kid's house."

I screamed unintentionally at the reply.

I had intended to get back at him, but the blame was completely returned. That's right, yesterday I called him suddenly and got an emergency taxi to Nate's house.

Furthermore, while we were listening to Nate and the doctor, we left Val to work overtime. I was the one who forced the already-busy Val to do extra work when he could only do his delivery work one day a week after school.

I think I should apologize here, but while I was stuck on the words, Val gave a big yawn. The light coming in through the ceiling let me see his fang-like teeth.

"The bad guys haven't come out these last three days. I don't know if they're all gone or if they're just hiding."

Thanks to that, I'm still free. Val said, and rolled over on the side of his folded knee. It seems that he's still tired after all.

Val's tired from lack of sleep, and no matter how wide he spreads the net, if no trouble appears then he can't help being attacked by drowsiness ... Rather, I have no qualifications to blame him because I am currently in the process of skipping class.

I'm sorry ... ... I hang my head and apologize in a quiet voice, and Val said, "I don't remember asking for an apology" with a yawn.

"Anyway, rather than that appearance with no sex appeal, your normal body would be more than welcome."

"Take extra care!"

Even though I just apologized, I snap back sharply in my usual tone.

Because of my appearance as a 14-year-old member of the common people, I am now dressed normally and sadly aware of my figure. I glared at Val with downturned eyes, covering my figure with both hands. Val only grinned back with a silly smile.

"If you're staying, do whatever you want. I'll do as I like, too. If I don't get up in time for lunch, Temee will wake me up."

After declaring that he would sleep, Val turned his back on me and really closed his eyes.

For now, I was relieved that I was given permission to wait here, and breathed out silently. Though it's a little disappointing that the only person I can talk to is gone. No, I know I can't be spoiled and demand to have my way.

Lunch break ... I heard that and remembered that Stayle and them will come back in a hurry once the class was over. My classroom is not too far from here on the first floor of the high school building, so I think there will be enough time even after the bell rings. However, if the class rounds up early before I have time to get there ... ... When I think about it, it seems best to run and get back quickly once the warning bell rings. Val doesn't have a watch and I'm not carrying one now.

I thought that I'd watch outside ... ... unfortunately, there are only holes in the ceiling. I wonder how this person can detect trouble in this state, but maybe he can tell from hearing voices or other sounds since the walls are thin.

Since there are no people, the only sound I can hear outside is the wind. I try to listen through the wall, but I can't hear any footsteps. If there is trouble, will I have to wake him up then?

It's quite possible that the sky will be empty during class, so for now, let's think about him in the special classroom. Since Nate's situation has calmed down, all I have to do is remember the other capture target. That way there is no limit to what I can do even after the top secret inspection is over.

Before Chancellor Gilbert and them, who are moving secretly, can grab that neck, at least Lyre ... ...

"... ... ... ...?"

As I was pondering, I suddenly heard a sound that I hadn't heard before.

If I raise my head which naturally hung down as I thought, it was Val ... ... it looks like he's sleeping. Val fell asleep really quickly.

Thinking that Val was tired after all, I feel sorry for waking him up for such a personal reason. If he was this tired, he should have taken his time to rest on the protuberance from before. The stair landing was also a possibility, but at least no one comes here. This certainly makes you sleepy.

In front of the sleeping Val, I suddenly became worried about sleep and stopped thinking.

I gently lifted my body from the wall and approached him on all fours, but Val didn't notice at all. I've seen him sleeping many times, but I didn't think he really wouldn't wake up. I'm a little jealous that he can sleep soundly anywhere.

Approaching him step by step, I finally came close enough to look down at him from above without being noticed. Not smiling and without a wrinkle between his eyebrows, it's a defenseless face. I forget about it, but it feels strange to think that he's currently younger than me at my actual age. It honestly doesn't occur to me.

After a lot of thought, suddenly I realized that this was a violation of manners and raised my head. I felt used to looking at him somehow, so I didn't feel any resistance.

Normally when I see his sleeping face, it's an unavoidable situation, so I apologize. I was about to leave my seat beside him and return to my side

Then

"... ...?"

Something suddenly bumped into my knee almost as soon as I turned my eyes to the wall where I should return.

My shoulders jumped a moment at the feeling, but looking back, it's Val. Val was sleeping with his body facing the school building a minute ago, but now he was lying on his back, probably because he had trouble sleeping. Because my knees were right next to him, the temporal region of his head bumped into them. As a result, his head was tilted to one side instead of facing straight up. I think I'll have to apologize when Val wakes up.

But I'm glad Val didn't wake up now. I don't want to disturb his sleep twice. For now, I gently shift the knee that was in the way to secure his airway. Put my hands on his head and carefully lift it from below so as not to wake him up.

Put his head in my lap.

"... ... ... ..."

Safe. He didn't wake up after all.

It seems that giving him a lap pillow was the correct answer after all, as the snoring disappeared and it became quiet. No matter how well it's paved, it's on hard ground, but I think he can sleep better now.

I've been receiving his help for a while, so I'd like him to take his time as sleep for at least a few tens of minutes after this ... ... that said, I'm sorry that my knees have no sex appeal.

Grr, when I remember that, I want to pull on his cheeks right then, but I put up with it. Val is the landlord now!

Through the cloth of my clothes, the texture of his hard hair and the weight of his head were indirectly transmitted. My knees grew warm due to his body temperature seeping in slowly. His head is heavy. After all, he's now an 18-year-old.

Even though Chancellor Gilbert manipulated both our ages, it's natural since there is a difference of four years. I'm sorry that I ended up seeing his sleeping face again, but I'm relieved to see that he's sleeping soundly.

Today Val was planning to come to the castle after school to report on various things, but that's not all.

There is still a lot of work for the delivery person to do over the two-day holiday from school that starts tomorrow. Val already has some of the items from my mother, but I wonder if I can extend the grace period a little. It may be better to order him to take a rest without overdoing it. Also, I should have Arthur touch him just in case ... ...

I thought vaguely about it while looking at his weak face, mu thoughts gradually becoming blurry.

Oh, bad, lunch break, I thought, but now that I can't move, and there is no external stimulus, it's hard not to get drowsy.

By the time I realized I was nodding off, my eyelids were closed.

(Val POV) II 234.2 And Hurries
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Why is this happening?

Val, who woke up quietly, thinks with his sharp eyes open.

After sheltering Pryde and taking a proper nap, when he woke up, he wondered if he was still dreaming. When Val went to sleep, Pryde was by the wall opposite, and Val slept with his back to her. And his sleeping position itself hasn't changed much.

But for some reason, Val has his head on Pryde's knees. Furthermore, directly in front of him when he opened his eyes, there was Pryde with her head bowed while sleeping, completely defenseless. Val can't take his eyes off her, even though he really thinks it's harassment.

Moreover, because she was asleep, her face came really close as her back curled up. Val looked at her with furrowed eyebrows, wondering if he would be held responsible if she made a mistake even if Val didn't do anything.

Like this, Val can't easily raise his head. Pryde's sleeping so deeply that she's likely to fall forward if given the right stimulus. And Val didn't feel like doing it.

Looking up at Pryde's sleeping face, Val calmly organizes the current situation once his eyes have begun to adjust.

Val didn't think he got into this position by accident. Then, the cause was definitely the Lord in front of him. Val was convinced that Pryde, who seemed reluctant to attend class when she appeared and instead asked him to hide her, might have lended her knees in atonement when she learned that he lacked sleep.

Haa ... ... sighing, Val turned his gaze upwards once more, and soon noticed something else. A completely different shame rises.

... ... Why didn't I wake up ... ...!?

Gah. When Val thought about it, he brought one hand through the narrow gap and smack it against his face.

It was embarrassingly more humiliating to wonder why he hadn't woken up before now, far more than his current position.

Val grew up among the lower class, so he can sleep almost anywhere. Val was used to being able to sleep with barely any movement, no matter how loud it was around him. Normal things wouldn't wake him up, however he was very sensitive to changes in the surroundings.

Even if he was asleep, if he felt something was wrong, he will wake up immediately. Even if Val slept soundly, he often woke up after a short period of time, like now. He didn't sleep for long periods all at once. He woke up after a short period, and went back to sleep, over and over again. Val has always been in a position where he didn't know when he'll be attacked in his sleep.

But this time, despite being put in this position, Val never woke up.

Val knew he was tired as mud, but he still can't understand. It's understandable if the other person was Sefek or Kemet, but when Val wondered why he didn't wake up because of Pryde, Val felt dizzy.

Shit, he muttered, and covered his tightly closed eyes. He realized that he couldn't complain about his current sleeping comfort.

Her warmth, and the scent of flowers that he can faintly smell from a close distance. Val knew that if he decided to go back to sleep, he will definitely be able to do it.

Why isn't she awake yet? Val wondered, annoyed. If this was how it was, Val decided to wake her up, so that he could see her reaction to their current position and relieve his anxiety.

"... ... ... ... Oi ... ..."

When Val tried to say 'Lord' out of habit, the effect of the enslavement contract stopped his mouth unnaturally.

Since she has forbidden him from calling her Lord while in this guise, Val can't call her that way. He clucks his tongue and calls her by her tentative name.

By the way, Val can't remember calling her Jeanne during the annihilation war four years ago. In the world of back alley business, there are so many street names and pseudonyms that they're overflowing, but it still feels strange for Val to call Pryde, Stayle and Arthur by their aliases.

Val glared up at that dumb face, but there was no other way to call her. He opened his mouth to call with a hidden voice.

"Jeanne. Hey, get up ... ... Jeanne ... ... ... ... ... ... ..."

It doesn't work at all.

Sleeping comfortably with a relaxed face, no matter where he looks, she's a 14-year-old girl.

So why does she only show him this childish appearance with no sex appeal, Val wonders again. Pryde looked even younger when he thought she was drooling.

Val didn't sense any signs of people nearby, but thinking that it will be troublesome if the teachers find them again, Val suppressed his voice and called her. However, Pryde, who was still sleeping comfortably, stays there like a doll and does not wake up. Val was the one who told her to wake him up, so why was he trying so hard to wake Pryde up?

When he thought about it, Val exhaled tiredly. Furthermore, the bell that marks the end of second period finally begins to ring. In this place with thin walls, the sound of the bell clearly echoed in his ears.

Pryde also reacted, her facial muscles growing slightly tense. Watching her thin, well-groomed eyebrows twitch, Val peels his teeth and wonders if she will wake up if he calls her one more time, opens his mouth, and ... ... hesitated for a few seconds. He thought, and thought again, and called her only once more before the sound of the bell cut off.

"────"

The whispered voice that chafed inside him to the point that he was amazed was naturally swallowed by the sound of the bell.

And Val realized that he dared to do that. He watched her awaken little by little to the sound of the bell, regardless of his voice, and her eyes finally opened once the outside grew silent again ... ...

Knockknock.

"Ah ... ... Jeanne? And Val. Second period is over!"

A voice that sounds like the speaker is smiling bitterly came with the knock. It's Alain.

Suddenly, the raised wall was hit, and "Fwah!?" Pryde's whole body jolted with surprise, and she raised her head. Her eyes opened to look straight ahead, then she looked around to see where she was.

Pryde fluttered her freshly opened eyes at the sudden stimulation, and Val sighed in refusal. "Okay." While she was confused, he raised his head from her soft knees. Val yawned and scratched his head as he raised his upper body.

Pryde noticed that she lost the weight of his head on her knees, but finally understands the situation.

When Pryde remembered that she had fallen asleep while lending her knees to Val, she hurriedly wiped her mouth with her hands, wondering if Val had seen her sleeping face or if she drooled in her sleep. Then, taking a deep breath, she spoke to Val with a hidden voice.

"I, just now, someone called me ... ...!?"

"Temee's knight. He's hitting outside the wall."

Val cut her off with one word, and the knocking sound made her jump again.

Ah! Pryde raised her voice and fluttered, standing up, and called through the wall near her.

"Oh, Captain Alain ... ...! Excuse me, is there no one outside now ... ...?"
    And:
    "Val! Thank you so much for your help!! I'm sorry to disturb you when you were taking a nap!"

When Pryde waved her hand as she called out with momentum, Val only waved his hand at her as if telling her to leave.

Even after standing up, he slouched his back so that she could only see his profile, and he climbed up the wall of the school building again, without calling out to Pryde or Alain, who chased her once more.

Feeling a sense of defeat that he had slept better than expected, Val returned to his usual position. When he formed the protuberance once again and curled up there, he felt uncomfortable with the hard ground once he lowered his head. Val gave up on his expression because he felt uncomfortable.

"Oh! Jeanne!"

Pryde took the shortest route to the middle school building, and when she hurried up the stairs, her classmates called out to her.

When they try to go down the stairs, she realized that they have already returned to the classroom. The Pryde who rushed to their classroom with a pale face didn't feel like living.

It was an accident Pryde fell asleep like that! And looked at her nails innocently. And

... ... By the way, was that really Captain Alain ... ...?

The memory of just before she woke up suddenly revived.

She was certainly called. By someone. But her drowsy head didn't know whose voice, or whether it was reality or a dream. But if it happened as she remembered, Pryde seriously doubted that Alain, nor Val, who was there, would call her that way.

"Pryde"

Then, Pryde wondered if it was a dream.
    After concluding that, Pryde changed her mind and hurried to her classroom.

I know that Val's on a two-day break from school at the start of the Ray Arc, which he's definitely going to use to make some progress on his backed up deliveries, and Pryde wants him to get some rest after that, but I don't want to wait another 4+ months until the next Val scene. :sweating_profusely:

Hopefully he comes back before it's time to meet the fourth and last capture target of the second game. :blobsneeze:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  7. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobparty:Chapter 17 is out in the manga! :blobparty:(If you've forgotten, I put the link to the raws at the top of my Master List.)

As expected, this chapter covers the House Party Arc. Pryde looks great with her hair braided, doesn't she? And at the end! At the end!! It's Val! Val's back, and hotter than ever!

Ahhh, the next year is going to start with the Sinner Arc! I'm so happy!!! I mean, I knew it would, the manga can only include so much filler. Though I wonder if we're going to see little newborn Stella in the next chapter, or jump right into Val's business? I don't really mind either way, since Val's definitely going to be center stage in February's issue. :blobgift:

I guess I should stop avoiding it and catch back up with the current arc now. (Currently a week behind, so it's not too terrible.) Unfortunately, the current capture target is Absolute Trash. Literally begging Val to come back to carry this arc, because I have absolutely no interest in this brat. :notlikeblob:

So Ray is the bastard son of Marquis Anchorson with a Baron's daughter. He manifested his Black Flame special ability early in life, but has very little control over it. His special ability went out of control when he was a kid and he ended up burning his house down while he and his mother were inside. The MTL is unclear on whether his mother died in that fire, or whether this particular fire gave him his distinctive facial scar.

Ray was rescued from the fire and somehow became indebted to an older street boy named Lyre, whom he refers to as his benefactor. (I think Lyre rescued him from the fire, but who knows.) At some point after this, Anchorson found out about Ray, learned about Ray's special ability, and brought him home. Anchorson wanted to adopt/legitimize Ray because of his rare special ability, seeing it as an opportunity to get close to the throne, but Ray wouldn't agree to it since he wanted to keep his mother's name.

Fast-forward to when the school system was established, and Anchorson was made school chairman. Ray realized that the majority of the students there would be lower class, and therefore may potentially be familiar with Lyre. Recognizing that Anchorson is a classist person with no interest in the school outside prestige, Ray agrees to let Anchorson adopt him--but only if Anchorson leaves Ray to run the school for the next four years, until he graduates. Then Ray hires a bunch of thugs under eighteen to enroll in the school to get information about Lyre.

Val's splendid efforts drove the violent offenders out of the school, Stayle and Gilbert stripped Anchorson of his money and titles and imprisoned him for dereliction of duty, and Pryde bullied Ray into letting her help him find Lyre.
    In the second game, Ray was the Last Boss' Yes Man. Anchorson hired Curi (and by extension, Dios) to act as Ray's escort, but the Last Boss wanted a refined pretty boy servant, so Ray gave him (them) to her. Ray let the Last Boss do various unsavory things that have yet to be elaborated upon inside the school, all because she lied to him that she knew Lyre and would help him make contact, saying that Lyre wanted to meet him.

This charade lasted over a year, and unless the player pursues the Ray route, Ray will continue to believe in and side with the Last Boss, except for the rare occasions where the lie is revealed, and he burns her to death instead.

In the Ray route, Amulet is able to prevent Ray from murdering the Last Boss, and he does end up reuniting with Lyre once more. Which allows him to then pursue a relationship with Amulet. Outside of his route, Ray never finds Lyre, but continues to search for him.

Writing all that, Ray should be a sympathetic character. But he's not. Anchorson was literally the worst example Ray could have had growing up. Ray doesn't care about the consequences of his actions, so long as he can meet Lyre again. :blobpoliceangry:

Pryde describes Ray as an "ore-sama" type character "like Cedric," but I can't remember Cedric being this bad at his worst. This is largely because Cedric is an honest, open sort of fellow, and Ray is very guarded, almost jaded. Ray is also the twisted sort of child who is attracted to people who call him out on his poor attitude, and is prone to teasing the girl he likes. Compare Cedric, who's just a clueless puppy. :blobpats:

All of that makes the Ray Arc extremely difficult for me to slog through. But I have to do it! For Val!! :blobphone:

Edit: Huh, so the author is taking a break after Christmas, so there won't be any new chapters until January 4th. Okay... :blob_teary:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
  8. preciousbots

preciousbots Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for sharing all these details & spoilers -- it's been fun imagining how they'll be adapted in the manga while the artist was recovering!

if it's not too much trouble, are there more scenes from the Sinner Arc you can share now that Val's back on the scene? :aww:

I was also wondering what arcs have been formatted into LNs (for example the arcs that are in LN 1). I'm in the US & the LNs will be released in the spring.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    terpseachore likes this.
  9. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait when did the Queen and her make up? I've read the spoilers but did I miss it or is it one of those "understood" things that goes without getting into detail. I Kind of wanted them to really have a talk so could someone spoil it if it hasn't been? Also has anyone spoiled in better detail the realization as to why Pryde might have turned out horribly had she not saved her father?

10. Pamtiur

Pamtiur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand Pryde will have tuned out bad because of many factors.
    1. Can be her mother kinda abandoned her cus she watched a future that she was bad and didn't correct her behavior and let the kid run wild. A child can be bad or good depending on the parent taking the time to learn them to be better and not less.
    2. When she feels abandoned she also learn that her mother are replacing her as a daughter with another that she haven't seen before at that given time.
    3. She may have been manipulated and her already bad personality at that time because no one dared to correct the royalty... combined is a deadly combo for the rest that have to be on the receiving end of the tyranny.
    4. When she does help her father and seen her past life she strives to be better, and gets the necessary care and affection that kids need to develop properly.
    5. As she have already the memory's of a past life she already have fear and knowledge to trive but also scared for a future that she have seen.
    6. If it was only her father that was saved and not the past life knowledge she may have tunres out fine considering he's really care and want to help. Therfore may also be willing to correct bad behavior if he had seen any.
    I believe the Queen take the cowardly route and keep her silent... however Pryde adult brain doesn't seem to seek after her mothers affection as a child mostly would and just let the past be past. Also the turn out points is only what I belive and concluded from what I have read and know of kids in general ^^

AnimeHuntress likes this.
  11. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm also in the US, so I have no idea about how the story arcs are distributed between novels. I will mark where the light novel volumes start and stop on my Master List when I get my copy, but obviously that information will not be useful any time soon.

Looking at the covers of the light novels published in Japan thus far should give you a rough idea of what happens in each volume.

Volume One has both Stayle and Arthur on it. Arthur is wearing his knight uniform. This could mean that it covers up to the Sword Arc (though that would make this a monster-sized book).

Volume Two has both Arthur and Val on it. Val is wearing his vagrant outfit. This (and the cover of volume three) leads me to believe that it covers at least part of the Sinner Arc.

Volume Three has both Stayle and Leon on it. This leads me to believe that it covers the Fiancé Arc.

Volume Four has both Gilbert and Cedric on it. (I'm assuming. He looks more like how I picture Lance, but with pierced ears. Where is my bling-laden puppy?) Pryde is wearing her red "knight"-esque uniform. This leads me to believe that it covers at least part of the War Arc. (The novel blurb does state that the Alliance Negotiation Arc is in this volume, so we do know that much.)

Anyways, you said that you wanted more spoilers from the Sinner Arc. I'll be happy to share more. Though I don't actually hold back on spoilers if I want to share Val scenes; if I already posted about that arc, I just go back and edit the specific post for new scenes. I've done that a couple times already, you might notice.

I'll have that up as soon as I can; I'm currently editing the scenes I want to share now so the translation is readable.

Okay, so you want to know when Pryde and Rosa made up? As I speculated before I actually got to reading the indicated arc, Rosa and Pryde make peace at the end of the Fiancé Arc. I'm pretty sure I did mention this when I was posting my reports about this part of the novel as I was reading it, though I could be mistaken, since you said you didn't see it. I thought I did, though.

I do know that I never shared this scene because, like many of you, I really disliked Rosa at the time I first read the scene. This is not due to the scene itself, but I think we can all agree that Rosa's basically a Hate Sink for the early part of the novel.

Note that even with this particular scene, I didn't become halfway ambivalent towards Rosa until the brainwash arc, so. It also took me a couple rereads before I was able to grasp everything that Rosa actually said in this scene. Not because the translation was confusing, but because I didn't read her prior scenes critically enough to understand how her special ability worked, even though it was clearly explained at the end of the Family Arc.

Please give me a few days to compile a few scenes for a Rosa drop. If you're impatient and want to look it up yourself, I believe it occurred in chapter 159. Raw link here.

No. This is repeating the same wrong-headed thinking that is too prevalent in this fandom. Correcting Pryde's behavior is not Rosa's sole responsibility. Pryde has two parents and an uncle, all of whom have the right and ability to scold a willful child. Her father scolded Pryde often, and her impression of Wes from her childhood (as mentioned in the AU Halloween extra) is that he lectures her a lot about "proper behavior for a princess."

The actual reason "Pryde" went bad in the game was stated by our Pryde very early on in the novel: the "Pryde" from the game was a sociopath who completely lacked empathy for others. Sociopathy is not something that can be fixed by anyone, although the author did write an extra set in an alternate universe where Gilbert became Pryde's primary caretaker in place of her father, and he actually helped her craft a likeable reputation, equipping her with skills that would have made her a near-perfect successor. (I haven't shared this extra yet, but I love it terribly.)

I also want to add that part of the reason Gilbert succeed in raising Pryde in this AU where her father failed in ours is that Gilbert gave her clear guidelines and praised her when she performed well. Neither her father or Wes ever praised her in the novel, though they brag about her when she's not around to hear it. Rosa and Gilbert are the only ones who praise our Pryde when she does well in the main novel. Literally. These two are it.

So the combination is this:
    - Does not feel empathy for others.
    - Lack of self-worth due to being abandoned by mother. This leads her to believe that her only value is her precognitive special ability, as it marks her as "chosen."
    - Her first vision (that made her eligible for the throne) showed her being condemned by her own country in favor of Tiara, thereby invalidating the sole reason for her existence.

Thereby giving us a hurt, angry eight-year-old bent on hurting others before they can hurt her.

I haven't seen any signs of "Pryde" being manipulated by anyone. Please note that the "Pryde" in the game is crazy observant. This is how she knew that Stayle was trying to manipulate her. This was how she knew Leon wasn't in love with her. This is how she recognized that Adam was suspicious (though she didn't realize he was born in Freesia until it was too late). And she noticed all of that on their first meeting.

For someone to manipulate her, she would at least need to care enough about them and their opinions enough to remember their names, but it's stated within the first three chapters of the novel that she didn't bother to memorize anyone's names unless they were her family.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  12. Pamtiur

Pamtiur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh I see thank for for the correction ^^
    I didn't take into account or only know from what I have read in the manga. So that she was incapable to feel empathy slipped me

13. AnimeHuntress

AnimeHuntress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! You might have gone over it and I just missed it. This spoiler discussion HAS A TON to it, much to my enjoyment, lol. I don't know how to feel about Rosa as culturally we are worlds apart, so I'm just leaving her on the backburner as far as how I felt about her. I just really want them to have a discussion and talk about how she gave up and just left her to the wayside. I'm not gonna say Rosa didn't try because we aren't far enough in with enough details to know whether or not she did. We are shown that it tore her up inside but that really doesn't matter to me and is more an excuse. A kind of, "I had to do it but it hurt" thing. The issue with that is just because it hurts both parties doesn't make the actions right, so until I know what she actually did and if she tried to change it or not, she's on the backburner. Again the culture in the story and the culture I was raised with are just way to different for me to be able to judge.

The thing with Gayle raising Pryde in an AU makes me think it wasn't sociopathy, though I will wait to see how that turns out. I'm excited for the English release, but also bummed... It takes them forever to do official translations now days. I miss the time when they used crank out adaptations every month. Now its closer to every 3 to 6 months, uhg.

14. Keb02Wh

Keb02Wh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo....I'm new and I've read the manga, the Light novel, and now this forum a bit. I read how there was this brainwashing arc, and I've been trying to find spoilers where they finally get Pryde back near the end thanks to Tiara. Can anyone provide the spoiler quotes of that very scene? Kinda expecting something "touching"

15. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even rosa claims that Pryde has a dark future ahead of her. That will really happen because the first thing she did was abandoned her child and ROSA let that happened. She just let it happened because she believed that she couldn't do anything about it. But as a mother, you're also responsible for your child. She's an empress and she sees the future. Even if there's no hope, I think it would be the best to try or do something about it instead of ignoring your child. Smh

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  16. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    @preciousbots

You said that you wanted more spoilers from the Sinner Arc. It was a great excuse to go back and reread my favorite arc!

Again, naming the scenes according to chapter. The following excerpts do not contain the entire chapter. (You'll have to wait until the translator reaches this point to read the whole chapter, or TL it yourself.)

(Pryde POV) 80. The Cruel Princess Notices
    It was when Arthur got up in preparation to open the door.

Rattle ... rattle ...

The carriage suddenly came to a stop, albeit slowly. Thinking it strange, Tiara and I looked through the window again, and Arthur and Stayle quietly gripped their swords. From outside the carriage, I can hear the voice of the guard.

"Get up!!"

"Get out of the way quickly!"

"What's the matter! What happened!?"

Stayle pulled Arthur, who was holding his sword to protect me and Tiara, away from the door, and shouted at the guards outside through the door.

I heard the guards hurried footsteps. "Forgive us!" The guards reported from outside the door.

"A vagrant has fallen and blocked the road ... He's being moved now, so please wait a moment!"

A vagrant ... It was not uncommon in our country. However, this was right next to the castle where the Royal Family lived. Why would one be in such a place? Stayle and Tiara might have had the same thought. I really wanted to look with my own eyes, but there were rare occasions when beggars or even anti-royalist groups chose to target the Royal Family, so we sat and waited patiently without opening the door. The guards are instructed to provide the vagrant with a portion of food and water if they're still alive.

After a while, the carriage started to move again as if it was released. Both I and Tiara were worried and looked through the window at where the tramp would have been dismissed. He was dressed in tattered clothes and a hood, and collapsed bonelessly on the ground. When I thought about asking Arthur to look in on his situation later

I noticed the dark-skinned limbs coming out of those ragged clothes.

"! Please stop!!"

I screamed before I thought. At my command, the carriage suddenly stopped moving again, and the carriage shook violently with the sound of hoofs and wheels.

As Arthur caught the rolling Tiara and Stayle put strength in his feet, I let the momentum carry me out the door and jumped out of the carriage.

The guards reached out in amazement while the three in the carriage called my name, and Arthur, the guardian knight, followed after me, followed by Stayle.

"Please wait, Stayle-sama, Tiara-sama, Pryde-sama," and the guards rushed to bring us back.

But this wasn't the time to answer that. As I ran, I quickly remembered four years ago.

'In the event that you are faced with a situation you cannot solve on your own and want help, I order you to come to me.'

If, if he really

'Without that order, if you fall into such a situation it will only end in sadness.'

If it's not to end in sadness!!

"Val!!"

I raised my voice as much as I can and ran to him lying on the ground. When I stopped, Arthur called me from behind.

"Pryde-sama!"

"It's fine," I refused, and I looked at Val.

There was no reaction from him. It seemed like he'd fainted. I kneel and lift his hood with dread. It's definitely him. The face had changed a little after four years, but it was almost the same as the face that appeared in the game. Val was breathing, but he was in somewhat bad shape. I put his head on my lap and poured the skin of water, which the guards had left, into his mouth.

By this time, Stayle had rushed over. "Ane-kun," he yelled and then looked at Val. "This guy ..." He was amazed.

Val snorted out a sigh, and opened his eyes in slits after a moment. Val looked vaguely at me as his eyes gradually focused, and then opened his eyes wide and ... Val fainted.

"Pryde-sama, that man ..."

Arthur didn't seem to remember him. Even though Arthur saw it in the video, it wasn't unreasonable since this was the first time Arthur met him in person.

More and more guards were gathering by this time. "What happened?"

"This person is injured." Stayle seemed a little unsure about way to say to Arthur and the guards.

So I dared to affirm it here.

"His name is Val, and he's my guest. Bring him with us as is."

Stayle was astonished and Arthur's mouth fell open.

I don't know yet. Did he happen to be here, or did he come to find me? It shouldn't be too late to release him again after finding out.

Since I am the one responsible for making him a slave and ordering it.

(Pryde POV) 81. The Cruel Princess Asks
    I left him to the guards and doctors in the base hospital for now, and once I received permission from my father and mother to temporarily invite "acquaintances" into the castle walls, I returned to the base hospital. Of course, Stayle, Arthur and Tiara came with me. Tiara remembered Val and was very scared at first, but she had calmed down a little and listened to Val while hiding behind Stayle.

He was the guest of the First Princess ... That was why, he was asleep in bed in a private room in the base hospital when we arrived. His mud-covered body was cleaned and he was dressed in simple but clean clothes while he was unconscious. He looked like a completely different person than the vagrant from earlier.

It was a face never seen in the game, probably because he was defenseless. When I first saw Val's weak face, which was neither glaring nor cursing, he looked to be in his early twenties. He was originally drawn with a neat face thanks to the character designer, but asleep like this he looked like a pretty boy with dark skin. It was something that I didn't know, because in the game he only had two expressions: an evil face and a surprised face.

"Pryde ... why did you help this guy?"

Stayle opened his heavy mouth. He might have had a guess, but his expression said that he still couldn't accept it.

"Hey, Stayle. Who is this guy?"

Stayle looked up at Arthur, who asked him to explain, and muttered, "Don't you remember? The surprise attack on the knights four years ago ... the only criminal who survived then was the bandit captured by Ane-kun and the Knight Commander."

(Pryde POV) 82. The Cruel Princess Decides
    "Two kids ...? What do you mean?"

I asked him for an explanation, kneeling down to look at him. He opened his mouth as if he had an idea this time.

"Two low-class kids ... they were taken by traffickers."

He told me as if throwing the words, staring at the floor, not looking at me. Like that, I continued to ask him.

"Help how?"

"After two days, at dusk, get them back in exchange for five substitutes ... I can't do it."

By contract, Val was unable to do anything related to crime. He can't do it himself, or ask someone else to do it. In other words, it was virtually impossible to get help ... But more than that, it was unlikely that the traffickers will exchange their hostages.

"... I told you, Princess-sama. I don't need your help anymore, so just release me."

Val said with a nasty, vulgar smile as if daring me. I was silent.

"... ... When will it be two days?"

"Well. It was noon the next day when I crawled here until I lost consciousness. It depends on how long it's been since then."

Val said, and turned his gaze to the window. The sun had set and it was getting darker outside.

Val wasn't there when we left the palace earlier, and we had returned before sunset. So the second day after the abduction would be tomorrow.

"If so, the deadline is tomorrow," I said to myself. Val glared out the window.

"... ... ... ... What do you plan to do?"

"... I can't help it. Unless the benevolent Princess-sama moves to give me five substitutes to exchange, or grants me permission to kill for just one day tomorrow."

He turned halfway toward me, laughing. But only his mouth was grinning. His eyes were hollow.

"I can't do that."

He laughed with a snort when I refused him. "I thought not."

Maybe he's half given up. The enslavement contract deprived him of the means, so there is no way for him to do it. If I release him here, he probably won't be able to provide a substitute.

That was why I ordered him.

"... Val. I will place you under house arrest for the night."

At my words, Val screamed "Wha!?" And shot to his feet. "Wait!! Shouldn't you be done with me now!? Then release me quickly ..."

"No. You cannot return home tonight."

I said, and walked to Stayle and the others. Val stood there yelling.

"What do you plan to do!? Is this also punishment for me ... This monster!!"

I almost felt nostalgic at his words. That's right, he called me that four years ago.

I heard Arthur respond to the word 'monster' by grabbing his sword, but Stayle reached out to stop him.

"Stayle, Arthur."

I ignored Val and stood between Stayle and Arthur. I stared at them. Both of them looked at me immediately at my voice.

Stayle bowed deeply just like that. "At the will of Princess Pryde," he said before I could say a word, and Arthur knelt down on the spot. Tiara took a breath looking at them, turned to me, and nodded as if she was prepared.

"Help them"

I said and looked back at Val once again. He looked dumbfounded at my words and stared at us with his mouth hanging open

... My answer to Val was fixed. Human trafficking was an illegal act prohibited in this country. We can't miss criminals who abduct children. And most of all, if that Val really wanted to help a person other than himself, I have a responsibility to take that hand.

It was me who ordered him four years ago.

"This is an order, Val. Give us as much information as you can about them. Tell us everything, even about the kidnapped children."

The enslavement contract with me does not allow him to harm, invade or rob anyone. Therefore.

"I will take back my citizens and your loved ones!!"

(Pryde POV) 87. The Cruel Princess Takes a Nap
    Tiara and I sat on the bed where Val had slept, looking between them as Arthur stood guard beside me.

After Stayle, Tiara, Arthur and Chancellor Gilbert had responded to my desire, the private room inside the base hospital, which was supposed to have been reserved for Val, was completely transformed into a strategy room.

And now Stayle and Chancellor Gilbert were plotting a strategy for tomorrow in order to fulfill my wish.

I'm really sorry for that.

Coincidentally, Val, who had started all this, was not here now. Despite being treated by a medic with the special ability to heal injuries, it would still take all night to be fully effective, and his exhaustion was significant. But that didn't mean that he could stay overnight in the base hospital ... At first I thought I'd have him stay in my room overnight, but everyone, including Val, strongly opposed it. Even though it should be safe, since the other party signed an enslavement contract.

In the end, we had Val hide in a private room that is no longer in use and rest his body overnight. The room was where Maria, the wife of Chancellor Gilbert, had been protected in the past. All of the furniture had been removed, so it was an empty room where no meals were served, but so long as he had a blanket, it should be fine.

'Val, do not leave the room until I give my permission. You may spend your time freely so long as you are quiet.' That was what I told him before Stayle teleported him. The weight that Stayle was now able to move through teleportation had increased. Now it was possible for him to transport up to four adults, including himself. The possible weight he can move was increasing year by year, and even though he was my younger brother, it's scary.

Val looked confused, as if he had trouble understanding the situation, but Stayle mercilessly teleported him away.

It seemed like the two-person strategy meeting would be a prolonged one, so I will check in on the situation later.

All of a sudden I felt warmth on my shoulder. When I looked back, Tiara had come to lean against my shoulder, fast asleep. It was a given since we've been very busy since morning, and Tiara was very excited when we visited the castle town. Furthermore, we went to Chancellor Gilbert's mansion, and then Val appeared ... I was sure that Tiara was exhausted.

I stroked Tiara's head while she slept and gently lowered it from my shoulder to my lap so that she could sleep comfortably ... I'm sorry it's not Stayle, Arthur or Chancellor Gilbert's knee pillow. Stroking her soft hair made me feel very comfortable and sleepy.

"Will you be returning to your room?" Arthur asked me. But I refused.

It was bad enough that they are holding a strategy meeting on my behalf. Or rather, it was terrible of me to fall asleep like this. I need to get up properly.

However, once I became aware of how drowsy I was, my eyelids grew heavy and my vision became blurred. I pinched my cheeks and shook my head, but I was still terribly sleepy.

When I noticed, I fell asleep as Arthur watched silently, covering Tiara, who slept on my lap.

(Pryde POV) 97. The Cruel Princess Finds
    "The advanced cells are under attack!! I don't know who it is, but they've blocked off the entrance and are messing with the products!!"

"What's that!? Don't mess with me! We worked so hard to collect those special ability people!! It will be a big loss if even one if them dies!!"

The men were screaming. After he answered the repeated questions, one shouted to call the chain ability person.

"... Advanced ... ...! Val ...!! Val is!!"

When I looked back, Arthur was hugging Sefek, and Kemet had a blue face. The two hands that were clasped together shook visibly, and they grasped all the harder.

Well, Val was in an advanced-level cage as they thought. They were making a noise about trying to escape, so I thought that I should tell them the truth discreetly. I gave Arthur a signal and asked him to let go of Sefek for now. But when I grabbed Sefek's shoulders and tried to get them to hear the current situation.

"Oi, this fucking kid there!! What do you think you're doing again!?"

Not good, they were completely on the lookout.

The man who left the cage earlier glared at us from outside the cage, holding a knife.

What should I do, I have to stay quiet while Val and Stayle cause a distraction. However, the man showed every sign that he was about to open the cage door and make an example of me now, and furthermore, the murderous aura of Chancellor Gilbert and Arthur was going up. For some reason, it was comfortable here ...

As I thought that, Sefek and Kemet started to walk toward the cage door, holding hands. I could hear Sefek muttering in a small voice, "Val ..."

The man glaring at me outside the cage, knife in hand, noticed and aimed his angry glare at them. I watched him raise the knife in his hand to throw it at them through the cage bars. The moment that Arthur rushed over, reaching out to help them

The man was blown away by a powerful splash of water.

E?

I, Arthur, and even Chancellor Gilbert, who had tried to hold them back, were speechless and glued to the spot.

The man who was hit directly by the water blast was knocked back several meters and fainted after hitting a wall. The metal cage that trapped us was wrecked and twisted. It was nearly wide enough for one child to push through it.

The lookout outside the cage was stunned by the turn of events in front of him, but the moment that he rushed at the girl in front of him, armed with a knife and gun

The next moment he was also hit by that terrible blast of water, and the rest of the men on watch were knocked into the wall and fainted.

It was Sefek's special ability.

I was sure that Val said that she had a water special ability.

But it was far more powerful than I had expected. I thought that the amount of water would be less than average, for example, on par with twisting the water faucet in my previous life. But it wasn't at that level. On the contrary, it was far more powerful than the water discharged from a fire engine.

All of the men keeping watch were dazed by the power of a waterfall that suddenly appeared before them. The metal bars of the cage were warped further, and the door that was meant to be locked was blown off its hinges.

"Return Val."

Far from being captured, even we were speechless as Sefek's voice echoed. In her, I sensed an anger that was unimaginable for such a small body to possess. It was a voice that seemed to well up from deep inside. I was hesitant to call out to her in the face of this terrible, murderous supremacy.

"I want to live. With Kemet. With Val. The three of us."

The voice trembled as it grew louder, but the tone was low. She and Kemet slowly went out of the hole where the door had been blasted open.

I moved my legs to give chase, but Chancellor Gilbert blocked me with his hand. "This is for me," he said, and gently followed them so as not to excite Sefek.

I'm glad that Chancellor Gilbert is by their side. I watch over the three of them with Arthur, who has escorted me this whole time. Sefek and Kemet, whom she pulled along by hand. Until Chancellor Gilbert, who was following them, disappeared from sight.

And at the end, just before she disappeared, I heard Sefek's voice as if she was talking to herself. A girl's voice, full of quiet anger.

"If you hurt Val, I won't forgive you."
    Sefek is just cool, okay? Facts are facts.

(Val POV) 106. The Sinner was Abandoned
    ... Val.

Abandoned by the entire world, that's my name.

My mother was born and raised in this country. She fell in love with my father, who was a traveling merchant from a foreign land who came here and visited neighboring countries ... and gave birth to me.

Since he was traveling from country to country, the number of times I met my father was less than one handful that I could remember. Every time my father returned, he left his country's goods instead of souvenirs from his travels, so for me, he was "just a person who sometimes gave me foreign goods." I was only involved when he read the language of my father's country out of a souvenir book. For me, who was born with a skin color similar to my father's, the history and culture of my father's country, that only had people with the same dark skin as me, was much more interesting than the people in the country in front of me.

When I was seven, my mother gave up on my father, who hadn't come back for more than a year, and fell in love with another man in this country, and kicked me out to scavenge among the lower class.

I did not question or feel sad to be abandoned by my mother, who didn't see me even if I entered her line of sight.

Before I knew it, she had nothing to do with me. Thanks to my mother, I was able to do most everything, so as long as there was a roof and a place to sleep, my environment wouldn't be too different. Rather, I was happy that I didn't have to listen to her blame and whine about my father.

Until this body became exposed to a world of continuous, unreasonable violence.

Until then, my life was spent almost entirely in the corner of my house. The world of people outside the window was only for my father and mother. I didn't know anything.

That just as the people with different skin color were "foreign" to me, I was "foreign" to them.

At first, they threw stones while I was sleeping in the shade. When I walked, I was pointed at even by those who wore clothes just as dirty as mine. Every day, men from the lower class beat me, kicked me, stepped on me, and spit on me for no reason. I didn't know how to resist, so I left it alone, but that just made me a good target for them. I managed to survive while digging in the trash, and one day I learned that if I had a knife, fewer people would approach me to make fun of me. However, several times they stole my weapons and half-killed me.

It was at that time when I used my special ability for the first time. When I thought that I was going to die, rubble wrapped around me and protected me from their knives and kicking feet. I could only make a shield, but it was the best weapon in terms of defending myself.

If I used it when I'm going to sleep, I don't need to worry about getting hit by rain, wind or thrown stones. I don't have to cover myself with a cloth and tremble, afraid of being attacked in my sleep and torn into eight pieces.

As my body grew, I learned how to imitate them and threaten and rob those weaker than myself. If I sold this special ability to join a large group or organization, I was no longer attacked by other people, and had no trouble getting food.

Threaten, overthrow, rob, betray, hurt, kill.

If you're able to do that without hesitation, then it is not difficult for you to survive by yourself.

The weak is crushed ... I never thought about what became of the other guys who went down the same path I took.

Like that, I became a low-ranlow-clas thug. And when I about fifteen, I heard about a profitable opportunity in the cliffs just outside Freesia and jumped on it.

Attack travelers and merchants traveling through the cliffs, rob them and sell everything.

It's such an easy job it's disgusting.

For me, who doesn't belong because of the color of my skin, it was a great opportunity for me to make a lot of money and leave this country.

I left Freesia and met the bandits I heard rumors about in the cliff area and talked to them. When I showed them my special ability, I was given a good position in the group. My special ability was useful for working in the cliffs. It was also comfortable because there were no people from Freesia there other than me.

Three years passed. I continued to work without hesitation and did well.

... Until one day, when those people we thought were merchants asked us to break the alliance between Freesia and Anemone.

The plan failed and I was the only survivor. I lost my job, lifestyle, status, and minions and fell into slavery.

At the hands of the First Princess of the Freesia Kingdom, who was only eleven years old at the time.

Val's backstory always makes me cry, I swear. I hate his mother so much. And I want to know what happened to his father (Was it bandits? Because that would be ironic) , and learn more about his father's people. (At least tell me what their country's called, Cedric!!!)

(Pryde POV) 109. The Cruel Princess Orders Again
    Chancellor Gilbert asked the knight, "What kind of child is it?"

"A boy and a girl around ten years old. I don't know the details, but I heard that they escaped due to a water special ability ..."

"Ahhhhh!! Those fucking naughty kids!!"

Val yelled with an angry voice and speeded up. Val outpaced the knights who were running with us and took the lead. I tried to stop him, but at the same time, Alain shouted in a louder voice "Wait a moment!!" and canceled out my voice.

When I tried to stop him again, my voice was canceled out by Val yelling "Sefek! Kemet!!"

The knights also tried to give chase down the narrow path, but they were doing their best to protect themselves and us from the rubble that fell due to the collapse. And then

"Val!?"

It was a girl's voice. The familiar voice of Sefek. Val ran even faster when he heard it. Captain Alain judged that it was the voice of a child, and shouted to the knights behind him, "Let's pick up the pace!" and speeded up further.

The knight who had lent a shoulder to Chancellor Gilbert in his child body, began to run with him, and we proceeded down the two-way road as if we were a single mass chasing after Val's back. For the first time, I started to consider the pros and cons of Chancellor Gilbert's special ability.

"Val! Val!!"

By the time we caught up, Sefek had just leapt at Val with tears in her eyes. At eleven years old, Sefek was small as she clung to Val's large waist. Val grabbed her with both hands and shouted, "What happened to Kemet!"

"Kemet, Kemet is over there!!"

Sefek pulled at Val's clothes and pointed to the path that led to the intermediate-level cages, which had already become blocked by the rubble from the collapse.

"Why aren't you together!" Val shouted, and Sefek explained that the falling rubble split them apart when they were wondering which direction to go.

Val clicked his tongue and used his special ability to make a earth wall beside him in an effort to get rid of the rubble in front of him. Some of the rubble that blocked the way moved thanks to the special ability, but as expected, not all of it moves ... there was too much rubble. The rubble that Val wanted to move did not shift to make a earth wall. His special ability was only to form an earth wall in front of him or a shelter wrapped around him. It was not the ability to manipulate the rubble as he wanted.

The knights tried to remove it, but before they could, they cave shuddered as the earth creaked and rubble fell. A knight tried to destroy the blockage with his sword, but when one rock broke, more rubble rolled down from above and blocked the way once again. I thought about trying to swing my sword as well, but the result might be the same. Even when one spot is cleared, the empty space will be buried by the rubble above it.

"Shit! Kemet! Kemet!! Answer me!!"

While Captain Alain gave instruction to the knights to reduce the amount of people there, Val desperately grabbed the rock with his bare hands and pulled it out to break through the pile of rubble in front if him. Val thrust his hand through the small gap that was soon closed by more rubble and struggled to clear out the rubble again. His hands were crushed beneath the stone numerous times, and if he forcefully pulled the stones out, his fingernails broke and tore off and his hands became scraped and bloody.

Even then, Val continued to call Kemet's name over and over and did not hesitate to dig a hole through the rubble.

A few knights helped and began to move the rocks, but the cave did not stop it's collapse. The knights tried to at least evacuate us alone, but I clung to Arthur and refused to go. "Take them first," he shouted, asking them to evacuate with Chancellor Gilbert and Stayle. Chancellor Gilbert tried to stay, but when I asked him to take of my younger brother, he nodded silently with an unhappy expression. Sefek also struggled, wanting to stay with Val, but she was forcefully picked up by a knight and carried away.

"Arthur! Never let Jeanne-sama die!!"

Captain Alain clenched his teeth as he led the knights and Chancellor Gilbert away, until two knights, Val, and Arthur and I were all that remained. Once we saw off Chancellor Gilbert and the others, I got off Arthur's back to help Val and the knights dig through the rubble. Arthur was confused at first by what I was doing, but soon started digging through the rubble with me. To my regret, I was a weak eleven-year-old, so I was of little use. I wasn't able to pick up a stone that Val and the knights could lift with one hand unless I pulled with both hands.

"... Val?"

It was when the collapse became even more severe and Arthur and the knights tried to force me and Val to evacuate alone.

I could hear the low, muffled voice of a boy. When I looked, I could see Kemet's face looking out through the small hole we were able to create.

"Kemet!! Stay right there!!"

The knights, Val, Arthur and I dug to widen the hole we were able to pierce through. When we managed to expand the hole that was only wide enough for my arm to fit through to a hole wide enough for an adult's arm

Grrrrrrrrrnn!!

As the cave made a loud noise, the ground under our feet started to crumble. The knights noticed and shouted, "Not good! Is this area on a cliff!?" I stopped breathing when I heard that. Not only were we in danger of the roof collapsing, but the ground as well.

We have to save Kemet quickly.

According to what Kemet says through the gap, he was currently being sandwiched between piles of rubble. Kemet was completely trapped between piles of rubble in front of him and behind.

Then we have to rescue him before the rubble can collapse any further. If he can't escape, then Kemet will be crushed like this.

"! That's right, Val!! Now that we're close to Kemet, if you use your special ability to make a dome around yourself with the rubble!"

When I tried to say it, "I can't! Kemet is too small, he'll get crushed by the rubble if I use my special ability!!" Val shouted.

"It's fine!! Temee and the others should go to the exit!"

Val shouted at us, gritting his teeth. He was implicitly saying that he will stay behind ... Did he forget? Even if he ysed his special ability, it will be different from when the cliff collapsed. This time it was also crumbling below. He won't be able to do anything if the ground beneath his feet disappears, as he can only cover himself with rubble.

The two knights refused and tried to remove the rubble and evacuate with Val. However, Val shook them off with the power of his arm and shouted, "Stop!"

"Are you knights new!? Or did you forget!!? I'm a sinner!! The terrible criminal who caught your Knight Commander and all the others in the attack on the Knight Order four years ago, who was defeated and signed an enslavement contract! So leave me alone," Val says in a tongue twister.

However, the knights grabbed his body nevertheless and tried to pull him out. But Val stubbornly refused to budge as well.

"Val!"

I called out instinctively, and Val stared at me with bloody eyes.

"Don't say it!! Don't say ...!! You can't order ...!!"

Val groaned, panting like a wild beast. If I ordered him, I can force him to move no matter how much he hates it due to the enslavement contract. But he refused it first ... Of course he did.

It meant abandoning Kemet.

- ... But this, it has to be wrong.

That in mind, I dared to open my mouth. To him who continued to resist the knights and determinedly dug through the rubble.

"... Val."

Val opened his eyes at my voice. "Stop," he moaned low in his throat. So long as I order it, he cannot refuse.

As the cave continued to collapse, I caught Val's eye ... and quietly ordered.

"Push us away with your bare hands and your Earth Wall special ability."

Val moved before either the knights or Arthur could comprehend my words. Given permission to use both hands, he pushed the knights away and raised his special ability. He piled up rubble and built a tall earthen wall betweem the knights and himself. He looked back at me in the short time it took for the pile of rubble to hide him.

... Val was smiling.

I couldn't hear his voice over the sound of the cave collapsing and the mud and rubble piling up, but his mouth moved as he looked at me.

"Thank you."

That was all that I saw before the earth wall he built between us blocked him from view.

I couldn't speak, so Arthur picked me up again. "Let's go, " Arthur called out to the two knights, and rushed to lead the way. The knights followed after Arthur as if they had realized something.

I clung to Arthur's shoulders and clenched my teeth. There were still tears seeping out from the corners of my eyes, and I couldn't stop myself from rubbing my face against Arthur's shoulder. Where Val was, the earthen wall grew smaller and smaller before it collapsed into rubble.

... I had no choice other than this.

Because this was what Val wanted.

(Pryde POV) 111. The Cruel Princess Escapes
    "Val ──!! Please answer me!!"

I shouted as loudly as I could so that my voice wouldn't be lost in the rubble. It wasn't long since I left Val.

"It's a command! If you can hear me, then answer my voice!!" I reached out for the earthen wall Val made and raised my voice again.

Immediately, a surprised scream came back. "Why didn't you!?"

What a relief, it was still in time.

"How is Kemet!?"

I raised my voice and moved towards the earthen wall again. Arthur paid close attention to me, crushing and knocking away the falling rubble to guard my position.

"Not yet!! But he's still here! Temee came back quickly"

"Val, it's an order!! Release the Earth Wall now!!" I commanded before Val could finish talking.

The ability holding the wall released as he yelled "Ah!?" The earthen wall collapsed without pause until it was completely undone, and Arthur and I dug through the rubble that piled up with our bare hands, until we overcame the smaller wall to rush at Val.

"Why did you come back!?" Val shouted angrily. His arm was terrible, as if he had tried to widen the hole the entire time after that. The arm that came out of the hole was not merely scratched, but covered in cuts and gouges, and smeared with blood. Few of his fingers had whole nails left, and blood overflowed there, too. However, the hole was still difficult for a child to pass through. When I looked at the hole, Kemet stared back with tear-filled eyes.

"Val! I order you!! Reach out out now and grab Kemet's hand!!"

Val widened his eyes with an expression that said he didn't understand, but as ordered, he stuck his arm through the hole and reached for Kemet on the other side of the rubble.

"Kemet! Take Val's hand!!" Arthur called out.

"Hey! What do you want to do!? No way you think I can pull him out by force!!"

Val glared at us with bloodshot eyes and pressed his body up against the rubble, reaching through the hole. It was no longer only one pile of rubble, the cave itself had begun to crumble completely, and even the ground beneath our feet cracked and groaned.

"It's a command!! Once you grab Kemet's hand, use your special ability"

"My ability is just to move rubble"

"It's not only moving rubble!"

I don't have the time to argue anymore. I exercised my position in the enslavement contract before I was able to convince him.

"I got it!" Kemet shouted from the other side if the rubble.

"I command you as your Lord!!"

I had to yell at him. There was a rumbling sound, so loud that Val wouldn't be able to hear me unless I shouted. That's why I look the plunge, even though my throat hurt!

"Control this entire cave!!"

Val opened his eyes wide at my command. His gaze said 'what are you saying, I can't do that.' But as long as he understood my words, even if he didn't understand what I meant, his body and special ability would move in response due to the enslavement contract. I invoked my position as Lord of the contract to make his special ability run rampant.

"Ahhhh ... aaaaaaaaaaa!! !?"

Val could only scream. He probably didn't even know what was happening to his body. He growled, his mouth forming a snarl, and his eyes moved violently as his eyesight flickered.

And then

The entire cave swelled.

It was as though the entire cave was a living thing. I felt strange, as if we were in the stomach of a gigantic creature. The inside of the cave began to shift and move, and the cracked ground beneath our feet undulated like a carpet being shaken out. Before I knew it, the falling rubble stopped. I looked up to see that the rubble that had fallen halted in midair. Instead of falling, it rose back up and returned to its original place as if time had rewound itself. I thought I heard a rattling sound, and the rubble that had blocked our path literally cleared the way, moving left, right, up and down. It was as if, rather than returning to its original appearance, the cave was being remade. The sight of the cave recreating itself around us was bizarre. It looked like a 3D image of outer space that I saw in a movie in my previous life.

"... ... How ... did this happen ...?"

When I looked, Val had a look on his face that I had never seen before. He looked around, blinking rapidly as his mouth hung open. He looked at the pile if rubble he'd stuck his arm through with a frightened expression, the rubble fell to the left and the right and fled as if it had a will of its own, merging with the walls. The rubble that Val and the knights had desperately tried to remove opened the way for him. And on the other side of the receding rubble

Kemet clasped Val's hand firmly.

His face damp from crying, Kemet looked up at Val with an open mouth, as if he couldn't understand what was happening in front of him. And when the rubble was completely gone and Val and Kemet were reunited

"Kemet!!"

Val pulled Kemet to him by the hand he was holding and hugged his small body.

A beat later, Kemet shouted "Val!" and clung to Val's body, crying. Val held onto Kemet with both hands, hugging him as his shoulders trembled like he was enduring something.

"... Damn you ...! Why does Temee ... The two of you always do things I don't need ... every time ...!!"

Val's expression as he hugged Kemet with clenched teeth was hidden from me and Arthur. But after a while, he bit out a quiet "I'm glad" ... at least, I thought he said so.

"... N ... nn ... This is ... ... Val did you do it ...?"

Kemet asked between sobs. Val sliwly raised his head, and rubbed his eyes with his arm just once.

"... I don't know."

Val looked at me and Arthur with red eyes, thinking that was probably the case. His gaze told me to explain.

"No, it was Val and Kemet together."

(Val POV) 115. The Sinner Falls
    - "Important" ... huh.

I thought while being hit by the wind that blew against my back, so I didn't know which way was up or down.

- I wonder if I got it at the end.

An image of Kemet and Sefek filled my mind.

I wondered if I was finally able to get that which I never had before.

And I wondered if I was able to protect it.

If I was able to get it at the very end and if I could protect it to the end, then ...

It wasn't a bad life.

I immersed myself in self-deprecating satisfaction and closed my eyes on my own. I surrendered to the sensation of plummeting down.

"Open your eyes!! Val!!"

And then

I opened my eyes at the voice that suddenly echoed. In this space where only I should be falling with the rubble

There she was.

She was not in position to look up at the sky as I was.

Straight down. Her shadowed figure dropped rapidly towards me, her head down as if she was diving into a deep sea.

"Wha ...!?"

I look a deep breath, speechless as I kept an eye on the approaching silhouette. I doubted my eyes.

"It's an order!! Grab my hand!!"

The princess' command moved my body before I could understand it. I desperately stretched out my arms to the sky, to the princess ...

And grabbed hold.

I thought I heard the slap as our hands collided. The princess used me to pull herself closer, hooked her other arm around my neck and drew even closer.

"What are you doing!? Temee's going to die ..."

Words finally escaped. I don't know what this means, what was this kid doing? All the people who were caught have already been helped!! Kemet and Sefek were safe as well!! But why, why does this kid still have to reach out to me!?

"Aren't you also my citizen!?"

What is she saying, without hesitation.

I forgot to blink at the words she told me while she looked straight into my eyes.

The princess brought the hand she didn't have around his neck to her mouth. Her hair was blown by the wind, so I didn't know what was up or down. She looked up at the dark sky, took a deep breath, and the next moment

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

A high-pitched sound echoed over the cliff. The deafening sound like tinnitus made me squint. And when the princess took another breath to whistle again

"Pryde!

This time it was another kid's voice that echoed. I looked back to see who it was, and the princess broke into a huge smile.

"Stayle!!"

The princess happily stretched out her arms and caught the prince's hand, which was held out to her.

... A second later, my field of vision changed instantly.

- ... It looks like Ojou-sama's "punishment" for me will continue for a while.

(Val POV) 119. The Sinner Gets Back
    "A ... aaaaah ..."

I could hear a high-pitched voice over the noise. It was a kid crying. I absently shook off the princess' hand and listened to the voice.

"I wonder if it's one of the children we saved," the princess murmured when she heard the voice.

... No, this voice is.

When I noticed, my legs moved.

My whole body was scraped up by rubble and bruised by chains, and even though I didn't want to take one more step, my body moved on its own as if it was being drawn there. The impact of each slow step echoed throughout my body, and more blood spilled from my wounded arm.

There was a carriage where the rescued people sat, and ... on the other side. A knight grew alert when he saw me, but the princess and the prince were right next to me. One word from them made the knight relax his vigilance. I walked past the knight just like that and dragged my body to the back of the carriage.

The depressing sound of crying kids hurt my ears. When I turned to the back of the carriage, there was already a crowd of people there. Crying with their back turned to the other rescued children and the knights, two children were crying. Even the knight wasn't able to approach the two of them were crying to much ... No, maybe that kid rampaged when they got too close. She would do that. For a long time now Sefek has been very cautious about people other than me and Kemet ... especially adults. Sefek didn't try to talk to my rubble-picking peers on her own, and only answered from behind my back. Sefek immediately switched from begging to selling water because she was afraid of getting involved with adults other than me. She's that kind of kid who wouldn't be able to do anything if she didn't become involved with Kemet.

... When we first met, Sefek probably had no choice but to use all her courage to cling to me. To protect Kemet from the stones those kids threw. It was probably because her parents treated her so badly in the past ... How many years has it been since I noticed that?

"Is it possible ...? Over there ..."

The princess looked up at me and asked. Unlike me, the princess and prince were both short kids who wouldn't be able to see Kemet and Sefek in this crowd. I answered the superior of the contract with one word and cut through the crowd step by step, and drew closer. I wanted to get rid of everyone, but I couldn't be violent to anyone, and furthermore, my whole body was so exhausted that I had almost no strength.

... The closer I got, the more I could see Kemet and Sefek's backs.

Like animals howling at the sky, their cries were mixed with sobs. "Val, Val" I heard them call my name several times with a rough voice. How stupid. They called my name, howled, and cried some more. They looked up without wiping off their face, and keep getting their face, clothes and the ground wet. Their crying and sobbing voices mixed together, and the wailing of the two combined. "Aaaaaah!!"

... Why are you crying so much.

I felt sick at the feeling of discomfort and my chest hurt. This was the first time these kids have cried so much in four years. Even when they were kidnapped, they didn't cry until they had no more energy. I don't know why, even though I should gave been satisfied to receive five replacements to save them.

I staggered and was supported by a knight when I collapsed. It was humiliating, they were knights and the Royal Family, but it was taken care of. By those who messed up my successful life.

... Still, my body rebelled.

At that time when those kids were snatched in front of me.

I don't want to lose it. I don't want to let it go.

I'm frustrated and angry, I want to get those kids back.

It kept screaming, regardless of what I wanted.

It was "someone."

No matter how much I hated it, how much I thought I would rather die than rely on those people. Even if I complained, my heart didn't allow it.

I snarled, rampaged, and fought, but I still wanted to get them back.

What was this chest pain?

This stuffiness that resembled nausea.

This irritation.

This discomfort.

What was the true identity of this bad feeling?

"It's important."

"It's worry."

The princess named my emotions.

My "important" was lighter. I had lived only thinking about myself until then.

My "worry" was easier. No matter how I thought, I thought that in the end, humans will die when they die, so if I kept that in mind, I would be fine no matter what happened.

I didn't know such heavy, painful feelings.

It might be better to be dead, my emotions raged so much that I can't hear what my body says.

Thinking about them, it was excruciating, painful and unavoidable.

I got back up with the knight's help. One step at a time, I came one step closer to their backs. The people around me noticed and opened the way to avoid me. I continued to look at the backs of the kids who cried and howled at the sky without noticing me. I hesitated, wondering whether to call out, and sttod behind the kids. If I had decided to hide and let them die just like that, these kids wouldn't cling to me for the rest of my life, I whispered to myself. Kemet and Sefek were red to their ears. Their falling tears wet their face, clothes, and the ground. Their throat trembled and they leaked a voice, crying "Uwaaaaaaaaaah!"

... I never cried in my memory.

Whether I was abandoned by my parents, beaten, or made to sign an enslavement contract ... I only accepted the reality right in front of me ... except that night.

The words the princess give me was revived in my head. The meaning was clear.

I kneeled and spread my arms.

That along made my body scream with pain, and I clenched my teeth. I covered the kids' backs as if falling down, holding Kemet and Sefek's shoulders with my arms. Twitch. Their shoulders flinched, and Sefek turned around with bright red eyes, her hand raised to blow me away. Kemet too held Sefek's hand and looked back with frightened eyes. And

Their eyes widened.

Eyes wide, theit mouths opened foolishly without being able to utter a word. It was the first time I saw such a dumb face, and I laughed with my nose.

... A second later, they both jumped on me at the same moment.

It sounded like they called my name just before, but I couldn't hear the words past their tears and sobs. I was suffocating because they clung to my neck with all their dumb strength. Somehow I managed to stay on my knees rather than lying on the ground, as if the two kids were holding me up.

My ears hurt because of Sefek crying loudly in my ears. The high-pitched cry hurt my head.

Kemet buried his face in my body and dampens my clothes. Tears sting my wounds and my body hurt more.

... It hasn't changed at all, everything's so annoying I could die.

But I can't let them go now.

My mouth moved.

My voice came out like a groan.

I had to say it.

I hoped that these words wouldn't reach anyone's ears, and if possible, be hidden by the sound of kids crying.

"... ... ... Really ... my family is so annoying ..."

(Pryde POV) 122. The Cruel Princess Thinks Up
    After waiting a while, Val was led out by a knight, Kemet and Sefek behind him. For some reason, Val came with his upper body bare, his shirt draped over his shoulder. Tiara and I were surprised and took a step back, and Val snorted with laughter.

"What, isn't Ojou-sama used to seeing naked men?"

It was the worst greeting. Tiara's face turned bright red, and Stayle and Arthur were so tense their joints creaked.

I exhaled quietly and said, "It's fine. More than that," and I turned my attention to Kemet and Sefek to greet them. Both of them seemed unfamiliar with greetings, so both Kemet and Sefek only bowed behind Val's back with rounded eyes. It looked like they were unaware that we were the same people as the children they met yesterday. Well, that was only natural since both the clothes and age was different.

Val smiled teasingly with crinkled eyes when they looked up at him like they didn't understand. "They're the First and Second Princess of this country, and the First Prince," Val explained. Both of them suddenly turned bright red.

"Eh!? It's a lie, right!?" Sefek was half-excited as she stared at the three of us in turn, and Kemet hid completely behind Val.

"Hey, Val! Why, why, why are you with the prince and princesses ..." Sefek, who asked for an explanation while grabbing the hem of Val's undergarment, made a frightened expression and shouted, "Is Val going to be executed!?"

Just like that, Kemet moved to stand in front if Val, and held up his arms to block us, shouting, "Val kidnapped those kids for a reason ..."

Val suddenly started laughing behind them. Apparently he had no intention of following up.

"It's okay, we won't do that. I'm sorry it took so long to introduce myself. I am Pryde Royale Ivy. This child is Tiara and Stayle. This knight is Arthur. And Val is ..."

I grew stuck on how to continue. What do I say, how am I supposed to describe our relationship ... When I was stuck smiling awkwardly, and I started to turn back to Stayle to ask for help

"We happened to become friends with Val. Onee-sama helped Val, who had collapsed on the side of the road, and we got to know him."

It was Tiara. Amazing, she openly declared that we were friends! Furthermore, I was grateful that she explained it without lying.

While I, Stayle, Arthur and Val were surprised, Tiara smiled and said, "We were able to hear from Val what happened, and we mobilized the knights to rescue you. We're very grateful to him."

Sefek and Kemet looked from Tiara to Val. Recognizing what they were looking at, Val agreed "... That's right."

The distance between them shortened immediately, and Tiara shook hands with Kemet and Sefek, "Thank you for your support." In response to her soft and gentle smile, they both laughed and answered briefly, "Yes ..." They must be quite relieved. Thanks to that, they didn't argue "Val doesn't have any friends" this time.

"Pryde Onee-sama did everything to the best if her ability for both Val and the two of you."

Tiara said and smiled at me. Noticing that, they both looked up at my face. "Thank you ..." Kemet muttered in a small voice. Together with Sefek, who had a bright red face, I thought that they were so cute I smiled unintentionally.

"... ... Arthur ...?"

Then. Kemet studied Arthur once more and tilted his head. Sefek also noticed it, and seeing Arthur, she shouted

"Oh! It's you! The person caught because of Val!!"

What a great memory. Arthur raised one hand in response to Sefek pointing her finger at him.

"Arthur is a knight. He cooperated with Val to infiltrate the traffickers base first. Jeanne and Gilles, who you also met, are safe as well."

Both Kemet and Sefek were shocked at Stayle's explanation, and sighed with relief. "That means that everyone wasn't caught by Val," Kemet laughed.

"... Oi, are we good now? If you're done greeting these guys, then you don't need us here anymore."

Val looked a little uncomfortable as he scratched his head. That's true, now that I was able to confirm that the three of them were safe, there really was no point in keeping them ...

"What do you all plan to do now?"

I suddenly asked them a question. Arthur and Tiara also looked interested as we waited for their reply.

"Huh? We're just going home. We'll scavenge around the lower-class."

Sefek and Kemet nodded at Val's words as if it was a given. "We have to look for shelter again because our house was destroyed," Kemet said, looking up at Val.

Yes, it was something normal for them.

I heard about the situation among the lower-class, but I didn't know the details. I have never visited the lower class during an inspection, so the first time I went was with Val and the chain man yesterday ... Most of what I saw was dirt and rubble. Most of the houses were damaged, and if they had a roof, then it meant that there was someone sleeping there. To improve the lives of the lower-class ... This was something that Gilbert has been working on for some time. There were various bills written for that purpose, but it was not something that could be improved all at once. Working adults like Val aside, it would be good if we could at least provide a minimum standard of living for children like Sefek and Kemet until they could grow up. Should I make something like an orphanage ... No, that's not the ultimate solution. They will need to learn how to earn money and live on their own even after they grow up ... but then? Thinking about it, there was a bill that Chancellor Gilbert proposed ...

As I thought about it, I came up with an idea and began to consider it on the spot. Stayle, Tiara and Arthur called out to me, who was muttering to myself, but the excellent brain of the villainous Pryde circulated thoughts at such a high speed that there was no time to reply.

Yes, that bill ... if I applied it here ... yes, just like in the game You Are My Ray of Light ... No, that was the original problem ... What? Wait, then ...

As it circled round and round, the idea came together at high speed, until finally I came to the conclusion.

"Val ... Kemet, Sefek."

Val and the others looked at me, wondering as I suddenly raised my head. Sefek grabbed Val's undergarment and pulled a little, while Val and Kemet tilted their head at the same time.

"Will you be willing to work for me?"

"Huh!?" Val, Stayle and Arthur screamed, while Kemet, Sefek and Tiara blinked rapidly.

And I think I'll wrap it up here. Editing for readability takes a while, and I've got two more spoiler scene drops lined up after this one (the Rosa drop and a brainwashing arc resolution one), so I'm calling it.

Sorry that it took so long.

17. preciousbots

preciousbots Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Keb02Wh

Keb02Wh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @DarkeAOU
    Hello, I’m new so I hope I don’t come off as “demanding/self-centered” but is it possible to show the ones I requested? (The Brainwash Arc, around when they finally got Pryde back from the brainwashing thanks to Tiara). Or did I miss something?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  19. DarkeAOU

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, good question. As I said before, it takes time for me to edit these translations for readability. What I just posted earlier took around a week.

Secondly:
    I already said here that your request is in my queue. I can understand that you may want confirmation, but I request that you please be patient. The scene you're asking for is literally three chapters long, so it shouldn't take as long as the last one to edit, and I already have the indicated spoilers compiled and ready to start work on.

But in the event that I decide not to fulfill your request right away, it will be because AnimeHuntress requested me for Rosa spoilers a full day before you made your request.

So be patient. I'll do my best to have something out by next week, but real-life obligations exist.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    AnimeHuntress likes this.
  20. Keb02Wh

Keb02Wh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @DarkeAOU My apologies, since this is my first time doing these and I didn’t realize everything I was reading. I saw how preciousbots was replying so I thought I had to do the same thing.
    Again, I didn’t want to come off as demanding/self-centered or even rushed but it appears I still brought you some inconvenience. I’m more than willing to be patient since you are the one doing this out of your own obligation.