Spoiler Debut or Die

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jul 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Esuv2XLVkAAyGRN.jpg

16A76022-E257-4F83-8496-68CF21C5BC6B.jpeg
    A41765D2-FDE6-4C0D-A552-837355A9A83E.jpeg

Official Novel Raws: Kakaopage
    Official Webtoon Raws: Kakaopage
    Author: 백덕수
    Artist: 텡 (Novel), 소흔 (Webtoon)
    Year: 2021(Novel), 2022 (Webtoon)
    Status: 477 chapters (Ongoing): - Part 1: 440 chapters (Complete) - Part 2: 37 chapters (Ongoing), Prologue + 11 Chapters (Ongoing)

Description:

A 4th year student who was preparing for the Civil Service examination, suddenly he found himself in an unfamiliar body 3 years ago.

As well as a status window displaying a threat in front of his eyes!

[Outbreak!] [Status Abnormality: ‘Debut or Death’ Occurs!]

A diary about the transformation of the main character, who was suddenly challenged to be an idol even though he has never been in the industry before due to sudden threat of death.

※Specialty: He used to take and sell idol’s data.

https://namu.wiki/w/데뷔 못 하면 죽는 병 걸림
    Ey2LUOFVoAEUDOF.jpg Ey2LUOGUUAAxYQF.jpg E0spSmPUUAYtCu-.jpg E1lKSRSUcAADkq_.jpg E4KBDFTVkAAP7JG.jpg E5nF_T9VgAcJs2j.jpg E6aR0f7VgAAThxe.jpg

Based from Namu wiki, the novel received favorable reviews for its serialization. It is also ranked high on the Daily Top 300 in Kakao.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    DEBUT OR DIE

┌────── •✧• ──────┐
    ༚ ༅༚˳✿˳༚༅ ༚ ꧁༒☬ CHARACTERS ☬༒꧂ ༚ ༅༚˳✿˳༚༅༚

└────── •✧• ──────┘

─≍✤≍─∘∙❖∙∘─≍✤≍─
    ⊹⊱❋⊰⊹ TeSTAR IDOL GROUP MEMBERS ⊹⊱❋⊰⊹
    ─≍✤≍─∘∙❖∙∘─≍✤≍─

❖ MC: Park Moondae aka Ryu Gunwoo

Main protagonists of this story. He is actually the oldest member of the group because his mental age 29 y.o. (the age of his original body, Ryu Gunwoo). As the owner of body he is orphan. He is very mature and rational. During all the story he has been the brain of the group.
    Birthdate: December 15
    Position in the Group: Main Vocalist; Face of the Group
    Rank in the Group: 1
    Associated Animal: Puppy; Tibetan Fox
    Park Moondae (MC) | Description by @Unique_Xero

❖ Seon Ahyeon

He is the MC's first acquaintance and friend as Park Moondae. Moondae was also first friend that Ahyeon has as participant of the show. He is described as very delicate and fragile person, but as the story progress, he becomes mentally stronger.
    Birthdate: May 7
    Position in the Group: Main Visual; Main Dancer
    Rank in the Group: 3
    Associated Animal: Deer
    Seon Ahyeon | Description by @Unique_Xero

❖ Lee Sejin B aka Big (KR: Keun) Sejin

The tallest member in the group. He is very cheerful and bright person. Often laughs and teases Moondae and others.
    Birthdate: August 1
    Position in the Group: Main Dancer
    Rank in the Group: 6
    Associated Animal: Bear
    Lee Sejin B / Big Sejin | Description by @Unique_Xero

❖ Lee Sejin A aka Bae Sejin

In his childhood he used to be child-actor. He was forced to participate in show by his trashy agency, but later he developed attachment to his new activity and genuinely wanted to be idol group member.
    At first after his parents' divorce he has his father's surname, Lee. But after revealing his father's gambling Sejin decided to change his surname to his mother's, Bae, as Moondae suggested. BTW, his new first name Bae means “actor” in Korean. That was the reason why during survival show he didn't want to be called “actor Sejin”, because it had offending meaning at that time.
    Birthdate: February 7
    Position in the Group: Visual; Sub Vocalist
    Rank in the Group: 7
    Associated Animal: Hamster
    Lee Sejin A / Bae Sejin | Description by @Unique_Xero

❖ Ryu Chungwoo

As the oldest of the group he is leader. He is calm and mature person (but in other aspects, not as Moondae).
    Birthdate: October 28
    Rank in the Group: 5
    Position in the Group: Lead Vocalist; Leader
    Associated Animal: Wolf; Bird
    Ryu Chungwoo | Description by @Unique_Xero

❖ Kim Raebin

He is very talented and knowledgable one. Despite having gangster appearance he is polite and respectful to others.
    Birthdate: November 11
    Position in the Group: Main Rapper; Maknae
    Rank in the Group: 4
    Associated Animal: Rabbit
    Kim Raebin | Description by @Unique_Xero

❖ Cha Eugene aka Cha Yujin

He is bright and easy-going one. He always took 1st place. But in this timeline he took 2nd place after Moondae in debut group. Due to his skill he is able to brighten the surroundings, so people can't ignore him.
    Birthdate: March 6
    Position in the Group: Main Dancer; Lead Rapper; Center
    Rank in the Group: 2
    Associated Animal: Cat; Tiger
    Cha Eugene | Description by @Unique_Xero

Webtoon Trailer

Individual Teaser

Summaries
    The Timeline (1) (2)
    Part 1 summary (1) (2)
    Chapter 26-31 The beginning of Moondae and Raebin's friendship
    Chapter 36-51 (Summary) Third song and Final song
    Chapter 38-39 Bonding with Eugene
    Chapter 40-42 Big Sejin's rumor and Moondae's help
    Chapter 58 Moondae's rumor, sasaeng, the fact Moondae's an orphan revealed
    Chapter 59 (MTL) Final song
    Chapter 85 Moondae's drawing
    Chapter 87-88 TeStar's first reality show
    Chapter 90 Raebin's grandmother sickness
    Chapter 91-94 Cheongryeo, Moondae, and System
    Chapter 95-96 Ahyeon get counseling, Moondae's sick, Big Sejin's birthday
    Chapter 102 Cheongryeo's tricking Moondae
    Chapter 104-106 (1) (2) Actor Sejin's injury, drug case problem
    Chapter 113 Chungwoo's controversy, Cheongryeo's pulling a string, Moondae's birthday
    Chapter 119 Cheongryeo annoying Moondae
    Chapter 122-124 Ha Iljun (Gold 1) and Choi Wongil reappearance, Cheongryeo's regressing addiction
    Chapter 177 Cheongryeo kidnapping Moondae
    Chapter 479 Waterbombs event
    Chapter 521 Ether
    Chapter 541 Moondae's going to Cheongryeo's past

Other Spoilers
    Detailed spoilers
    What's Cheongryeo's deal? (1) (2) (3)

Character's age
    Changing roommate
    Iter
    STier Possession Arc (1) (2)
    The villain
    Truth about system, Moondae vs System
    Romance stuffs
    Manager Gunwoo
    Debut or Die Magazine

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  3. Unique_Xero

Unique_Xero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the txt file of the novel in Korean

KiseonYi, agathe, RiannNeko and 2 others like this.
  4. Unique_Xero

Reading List:
    Link
    Beebuzz, ecaayu, Lois. and 25 others like this.
  5. kjpo34

kjpo34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    KiseonYi and agathe like this.
  6. xxsan

xxsan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Unique_Xero

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the novel is still ongoing I only got the txt to chapter 256.
    Once it's completed I'll get the complete novel txt tho.

giyuuwu and xxsan like this.
  8. candyjelly

candyjelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know an open chat / server where people are actively discussing about this novel (the upcoming merch and fanarts too)?
    (up to date preferred, but any is fine lol)

thanks!

9. blacklotus__

blacklotus__ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you can join the translator's discord server.

10. l3umblel3ee

l3umblel3ee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for this file!
    I used google translate and to read the story. Here are some story spoiler summaries. Warning: I used google translate, so it might not be the most accurate.

Moondae Park (MC) = MC
    Seon Ah-hyn = SA
    Kim Rae-bin = KB
    Sejin Keun (big) = SK
    Sejin Lee (little) = SL
    Chungoo Ryuu = CR
    Eugene/Yujin Cha = EC
    Choi Wongil = CW
    Changryeo = CG

- The “Rabbit” team (MC, SA, KB, SK, Gold 1) discuss their song selection. MC collaborated everyone’s recommendations together. They decided on the oriental, sexy concept with a moon rabbit theme.

- The “Rabbit” team’s democratic and easy song selection served as a huge contrast to another team (CW + CR + EC + SL), where there were constantly disagreements.

- During this period, EC went to MC to get some comfort. MC just served as a listener and candy dispenser.

- Someone posted a picture of SK with a cigarette. SK was going to quit, but MC stopped him by declaring the picture was photoshopped. They ended up taking long hours finding the original picture which the photoshopped image used. It was a picture of SK in a group student council picture.

- (CW + CR + EC + SL) team won the round. Their song arrangement and other aspects were lower in compared to the “Rabbit”/MC’s team, but EC took the stage and blew it away

- Gold 1 gets eliminated.
    - MC + KB + KB + EU go take pictures of their billboards in animal costumes (SA didn’t go because he went on a family trip)

- An event on <Relisting!> occurred. Essentially, contestants have the option to change company. However, if they choose to sign with the company they will leave the show. In addition, they also had to fill out surveys to match the company personnel??? Anyways MC’s answers were exactly like how CG, the leader of the famous group TVIC, filled out. MC met CG after filling out the survey and offered to sign MC to the company he was in. MC declined saying he’ll try his luck debuting on the show.

CW signed to another company because he knew his bad rep will get him eliminated and he probably won’t be debuting on the program anyways. He joined Gold 1’s company.
    - The theme of the fourth song was a free for all. Members could choose who they wanted to be with. They were given the sound track, but they need to do everything else on their own.

- MC + SA + KB + SK + SL + Gold 2 formed a team. MC was selected to be the leader for his calm disposition.

- They didn’t want EC because they were afraid he’ll take all the spotlight in his team like in the third song.

- Someone accuses MC dropped out of school because he stole a girl’s sanitary pads. MC freaks out and tells his team that he doesn’t know if he did it or not because he says that he lost his memories after a suicide attempt. The team gets MC to calm down and sleep first. Next day someone posted that MC wasn’t the culprit and he dropped out for other reasons and that MC was good person. Apparently, he lost contact with him after his phone got cancelled.

- The people who had previously broken into MC’s studio said that MC was an orphan. They apparently pieced together the paper MC had teared apart in the trash can. (Wow stalkers and crazy fans are scary.)

- Winner of the programs get to either choose a 7th person to debut with or cash prize. MC chose the 7th place person which happen to be SL.

Debuting team (in rank):
    1. MC (got a lot of sympathy votes)
    2. EC
    3. SA
    4. KB
    5. CK
    6. SK
    7. SL

- System awarded MC the truth behind Moondae’s death as a reward for debuting. Back in high school MC had an account where he posted fan cams, but he deleted before entering the working work?. Moondae was one of the close followers. Moondae, jobless and orphaned, lost his final solace, decided to kill himself.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  11. Ihartkimchi

Ihartkimchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the mtl rn and damn VTIC's leader is insane. I'm currently around 115ish chapter and just a question for the ones who've read ahead.

What is his deal? He knew Moondae will die if he didn't fulfill the system's requirements and yet he's deliberately making things harder for him.

Reading the mtl rn so might have missed some things, but he tried to give Moondae a "plagiarized" song (it's not really plagiarized since he went back in time) and posted a pic with the other bg called Onyx while the controversy for Rookie of the Year awards is going on so basically implying "onyx>testa" and encouraging VTIC fans to support Onyx.

He's doing a lot of things to catch Moondae off guard, when Moondae literally did nothing and wants nothing to do with him (he even blocked him lmaoo) so I don't understand why he's trying to be a villain to him.

Does he actually want Moondae to die? Or he's just being a sadistic psycho? You can't regress as much as he did without being unhinged so I guess that's a plausible reason.

Might be just the MTL but I really can't understand this character and his goals.

12. Laraenna

Laraenna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    VTIC leader wants something or something Moondae can do for him.

From what I understand from the mtl...
    Crazy VTIC leader wants Park Moondae to kill himself or get killed so they get regressed again 'cause this crazy guy is unable to do it anymore and he thought Moondae can return too. Remember when Moondae saw his status window, his ability to return back to the past was written as inactive. Its uncertain if Moondae can turn back to past again since his status window does not specify that he had this ability and also because this is not his real body (which VTIC leader didn't know)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    aineria, IzeeWeeb, JinVodka and 16 others like this.
  13. Ihartkimchi

Reading List:
    Link
    oh that makes a lot of sense!

I thought it only said "inactive" cause he has to die to trigger it lol so he basically thinks that Moondae is the new reset button lmao

Is there any reason why he wants to regress back? Cause with Moondae, the system is essentially blackmailing him but with Cheongryeo, so far there's no implication of the same system. So does he just regresses on his own cause he wants a perfect idol career run?? Or is there a deeper reason?

Anyways thanks!! :aww::aww:

aineria, IzeeWeeb, JinVodka and 12 others like this.
  14. Laraenna

Laraenna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for mentioning Cheongryeo's name. I forgot his name when I was writing my reply to you earlier, putting VTIC guy instead haha. :blobrofl:

I think he is indeed obsessed of having his perfect idol career run. Cheongryeo's mentality did get distorted having the ability of returning back to the past. His situation kinda reminded me of a story I've read before, where this guy who lives with his 2 male friends accidentally walks on his two friends naked on bed together. He got the ability to turn back the time, did not walk in his friends, and pretended that never happened. The situation got bad since he will even turn back time just because of ketchup getting spilled.

Honestly though I do still get confused by Cheongryeo and makes me wonder what is going on in his mind haha.
    By the way please correct me if I misunderstood something in the the story. I read the 257 chapters in google translate. :blobsweat_2:

15. Ihartkimchi

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I actually have to google his name cause mtl kept spelling it differently :blobcheeky::blobcheeky: He's such an interesting character so I have to do him justice and learn his name properly :blobsweat_2:

And you and me both lmaoo, mtl isn't really doing the story justice so there might be some stuff lost in (bad) translation but I can't help I my curiosity lol :blob_grin:

Laraenna likes this.
  16. candyjelly

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers about the system, including other people than moondae and cheongryeo who got caught up in it (up until chap320)

(might remember wrongly in some parts, feel free to correct me)
    system grants a dying person’s wish, but there is a rule for this:
    - dying person’s location must be near the previous person when they finished the last mission
    fun fact: the wording of the system is different in each person lol

nothing specified yet about the dead person who had the system before cheongryeo

when the system first appeared for cheongryeo, its because he wished to have a better career while jumping off a building. However, cheongryeo didn’t have the ability to check the system like moondae, so he probably often didn’t even know what happened wrongly and got sent back each year until he cleared all the missions. unfortunately in the middle of the way, he got addicted in returning back in time to make sure he finishes all his missions perfectly

next, moondae (real name: gunwoo), who transmigrated into another person and returned back in time. this is kinda a long story, but to make it short, after visiting gunwoo who was in coma state because of attempted suicide, og moondae accidentally slipped on stairs and died while wishing for gunwoo’s happiness. og moondae used to be a fan of gunwoo’s idol fancams before gunwoo closed his channel saying that ‘he’s gonna focus in gaming’ (gunwoo was actually focusing on civil service exam). somehow this made og moondae integrate with the system and system granted og moondae’s wish, by judging that gunwoo had to become a successful idol to be happy, thus the missions of becoming an idol, winning awards, getting millions of audience. (funny situation i know)

during this, system also made og moondae to transmigrate to gunwoo’s body and return back in time, og moondae had the missions to pass civil service exams. gunwoo (from current time) got to guide og moondae for a day every time og moondae finished a mission. gunwoo also bought winning lotto numbers for og moondae so that og moondae could fully focus on studying to not fail the missions.

we don’t know yet if there are repercussions of gunwoo/og moondae failing a mission.

the next person to get the system is kwon heeseung aka gold 2, who was in moondae’s team several times during IJC (Ch1-63), he fell off a bridge accidentally while wishing he should have become an idol instead of a model. he also couldnt check the system like cheongryeo. moondae told him his mission after checking his system. cheongryeo, moondae and heeseung are aware of each other being a returnee. heeseung also bought stocks right after he went back in time lol

chronology of the story:
    -7 years: system appeared in cheongryeo
    0 year: cheongryeo finished his final mission

other parallel timeline:
    0 year: gunwoo helped og moondae
    +4 years: gunwoo’s suicide attempt, og moondae died

current timeline:
    0 year: gunwoo woke up in moondae’s body
    (og moondae woke up in gunwoo’s body)
    +3-3.5 years: moondae finished his final mission, system appeared in heeseung and moondae created a new mission for himself and made the system to reward him the chance to talk with og moondae, which made him to be able to guide og moondae from year 0. (this kinda became a time paradox)

og moondae said that he’s going to part with the system soon because he was supposed to be dead in year 4 in parallel timeline, moondae (gunwoo) is trying to stop that from happening

as much as og moondae is wishing for gunwoo’s happiness, gunwoo also wants og moondae to be happy uwu

i’m live tweeting the series almost every new chapter update on twitter, if you can find me, feel free to dm me more to discuss about the story there (or here, but probably slower response)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  17. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    fuck theyre hot..
    ooooohhhh... i was wondering what happened to the og owner... i didnt expect that would happened since most novels would just ignore about original. thank you for the spoiler..!

NoName03, KiseonYi and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  18. Mai04149

Mai04149 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which chapter was it that the information about ML’s parents was revealed?

MiraJane likes this.
  19. Mwyumi_

Mwyumi_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's chapter 56 ywy well, not exactly but in that chapter the controversy that leads to that begins i think

gilnn8, Ahmya and Mai04149 like this.
  20. candyjelly

Reading List:
    Link
    there is if you search extensively lol this series gets pirated a lot and they also update the file so frequently :cry::ROFLMAO:

but you know, if you guys cant find the txt, you can just make a lot of kakaopage accounts and use the free chapter a day in each account to read the continuation legally lul