Spoiler Empress mother

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The tyrant Xi Wuji always thought that his pampered queen treated him affectionately, like a delicate little lotus flower. He thought she loved him, but on the day of his death, he opened his eyes. As a result of his death, she took charge of the government and had many lovers, and lived in debauchery. But he became her favourite lover again in this new life‽

Rania want to QT likes this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  4. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Rania want to QT

Rania want to QT Love my Wi-Fi

Reading List:
    Link
    She never loved ML

Khadz likes this.
  6. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really dislike her. She's such a hypocrite. The ml didn't harm her. It's her family who did. He cherished her. Even if he didn't favour her, she'd be an unflavoured concubine and could still live in the Palace well. It was better than living with her family. The ones she should hate was her family. She also raised her child by lying to him about how his father was. The child is so innocent that I fear if he found out what kind of person his father was, he'd have a trauma. ML might have been a tyrant but considering the Amy of ppl who wants to snatch away his throne, that's to be expected.If ML had behaved like a wise king in first life, he might have died earlier. The child is too naive to be an emperor. He wasn't raised and educated to be a king. I really want to see ml take revenge on her but the way it is going, he is all talk but no bite. I fear this Manga will end up like the normal trope of getting betrayed and finding out your wife was faking it all along yet stupidly enough ending up together. I wish the empress will get a taste of her own poison and ml would fall in love with someone more honest.

Alanif_7. and RakaSarkar like this.
  7. 5f3ly

5f3ly New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first of all, she did love him and wanted him to love her too but he never shows concern, has time pass by she lost hope until the emperor dies she currently lovesick read the most recent chapter you will understand right now there 47 chapters and she thinks that he came back but it getting funnier tho.

okay I wanted to clarify that he thought their kid has annoying and a nuisance she was scare so she hides him

8. Bookworm_Sueweetie

Bookworm_Sueweetie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, she did what she have to do. She's an Empress Dowager who had to protect her little kid against many enemies.

In chapter 54 or 55(?), she explained that she never been intimate/consummate with other consorts (her reason was must be abstinent for 3 years after Emperor died)... and she only used the harem to build power and connections. She also said that she acted as weak lotus flower before he died bc she knew he liked being dominant and see her act as delicate with tears. While now, she have to show her domineering side to be not underestimated. Even Commander Song stated before that many thought she's just a little kitty who can easily be controlled.

The ML stated that he liked her better now without tears (and start of SM scene with FL being dominant LMAO) ... Actually, I find the recent chapters became funnier now.

It still unclear if she truly loved him or her heart was already tired and hardened due to palace experience... but I think she liked him in some point and undoubtedly very loyal to him that's why she already noticed early Consort Jiang's similarities to previous Emperor. She even made their kid think that his Father was invincible, kind, powerful and truly loved her.

I think the real villain here is the former Emperor Father of ML bc there is a possibility that his soul will come back.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  9. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find the kid annoying but very cute. I understand why he would feel that way. The kid is powerless so he could die easily or enemies would use him to threaten the king.

Even now, the kid practically tries hard to help his mum find lovers. I know he's young but he's a future king so he must have already been studying about politics by now. But, I can't see even the slightest hint that he would make a good king. His mum lies to him abt his dad and he believes it all (blame the mum here) but is it that hard for him to find out what type of person his father truly is?! Am sure the maids gossip at least.

But the problem when lying to your kid about his dad especially when said kid is a future king is that the kid lives in a protective bubble but sooner or later the bubble will burst and it will cause internal chaos inside the poor child. The child will be unable to trust his only support - his mum.

Although she can't tell the complete truth to the child, she could have tried to at least talk about it slowly but surely. Lying is only gonna cause future troubles.

10. Purple Lotus

Purple Lotus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed that the Yuan An isn't emperor material but at the end of the day he's just a small child :/ Personally I don't expect him to be some sort of super solemn serious genius. He actually seems like a normal child. Well he'll probably become a bit more competent with time hopefully

Khadz likes this.
  11. amin882

amin882 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys read too many stories with super babies who think like genius adults, and are weirdly jaded. I like how normal yuan an. He's smart enough to keep up with his imperial studies so he must be intelligent, but he doesn't give up a weird adult vibe like other stories.
    Also since he's an "average" child in some sense, what's wrong with his mother giving a false narrative about his father. He's literally like 3 years old. Telling the kid the truth would just give him a warped sense of self. The truth would best be told when he's a teenager, since he would old enough to understand. Would you tell your future kids, "oh and your father killed people for no reason all the time." if you were in that scenario.

Also the empress and emperor original relationship could never be healthy and work. I like how they shifted the power structure. It makes this story really appealing compared to most others because it's realistic. Since in the story the empress is actually a smart person with common sense, and self worth. She's suddenly forced into the palace, and is picked by the bloodthirsty emperor. Who likes her seemly weak persona. In the end she's just acting the way he wants. Like she can't be honest, because he holds all the power in the relationship. If he suddenly fell out of love she would be dead. He's not a good guy, but at least he's getting better.

12. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like that he is shown to be a normal child and yes I agree he is intelligent. But, I find it annoying that he keeps trying to find a husband for his mum among her harem. That's not what a child would do.The other problem is the way he is raised by his mum aka lied to, made him quite ignorant of how the life of a crown prince is dangerous. He was easily fooled and nearly died. He also has a false impression of his father. The real problem isn't exactly from him but from the way he is raised. The kid wasn't taught how to distinguish people's intentions and how to be weary of people's good intentions. That is something that as a future king, he should have already been taught. The mum raised him to live in a bubble. It's harmful to him as he is more prone to easily being manipulated by evil people.

Honest, I don't like the FL. I personally dislike backstabbing especially if the person didn't harm you. (something she did to the ML) she also is too centered on her harms and never once tried to understand the hardships ML had when ruling she is obviously an unfit ruler. I find her a bad influence on her son. (excluding her motherly love)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021