LCD Absolute Resonance

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 18, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know. It felt like it tried infiltration initially with the MC's group, but failed due to his fiance.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would they have any mirrors? And why wouldn't they have a way to contact the Duke level teachers that are in there with them?

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How did he get passed the army of Others surrounding them?

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is she publicly revealing the secret of Li Luo healing her brother? And why did the beast allow them the time to have a protracted conversation instead of attacking or fleeing?

5. Muklas

Muklas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a xianxia, talking being a free action is very much a genre convention.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally, they can handwave it by having the conversation at faster than light speed via spiritual sense though. That's clearly not what happened here.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, there was a part of me that thought he might turn the beast into his third resonance, but I wasn't certain it was good enough.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they leave now, then who's going to purify the towers? Isn't that spot basically lost forever if they don't maintain it by keeping it purified?

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Usually," she said, "people try to sneak their way through the back door with some prudence. Discreetly. Not kick down the door, hinges and all, on the way in." lol.

"Mentor, I regret everything!" lol. As he should ;)

"an eighth-grade secret watersource wouldn’t be enough to entice people." Wasn't it already shown last chapter that it would be? Sure, having more incentives is always better, but the 8th grade watersource alone is still more than enough to catch the interest of the vast majority of artificers that don't have an alternate method of getting a hold of one.

"Xin Fu looked back down at his reflection on his shining blade, lost in self-doubt." Yeah, its not a great idea to damage the confidence of your team members...

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "A three-star formula could reach 65% tempering strength." Perhaps I'm misremembering, but hasn't he already made stuff with a higher than 65% rating?

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that he's choosing not to remember that he's going to have to pay to raise the grades of his other four resonant powers as well... ;)

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Li Luo did not really know how to handle their pessimism, but he did not bother to explain either." So, he did know, but chose not to for no well explained reason.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like less and less is happening in each chapter.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "How would he ever face the world again?" By reminding them and himself that several other fifth grade artificers also lost, and lost much more thoroughly? Or perhaps by reminding himself that accusing someone of cheating when the judges haven't is an insult to the judges and is very likely to get him fired?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Only the strongest of all the villas, the Skypalace Villa, had an eighth-grade secret watersource. None of the other villas had such a treasure!" Wasn't it said back in the restaurant when he first mentioned the 8th grade water source that the top three villas all had one?

Isn't the emperor still quite young? Why would the power transfer be scheduled in just half a year?

I have to wonder why the fight for House Luolan in half a year will even be necessary. Just the skyrocketing fortunes of the Suncreek Villa should be enough to convince anyone who hasn't completely burnt their bridges with the MC and his fiance to switch to their side. Well, unless they don't care about the House in the slightest and are being paid enough to replace whatever resources the House would have provided them for the next several decades.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "After all, why would resonance artificers want to go to the best villas? It was exactly because they could provide the watersource that would help them improve their refining arts the quickest." I would think that pay, prestige, and various benefits would play a pretty large role as well.

“I'm not even in yet myself, and I'm supposed to speak up for all of you?” lol.

"It was a little cruel to compare, but Tang Yun and the others were chaff compared to the fine seeds of the Resonance Artificers Hall." While its true that they have the greater technical skill, its unlikely that any of them have any real world experience, especially in management. There's still a place in the hierarchy for the current staff. Replacing them with green noobies would likely do more harm than good.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Is it about His Majesty's healing?" They're in a public location surrounded by people and this is supposed to be extremely sensitive information...

Honestly, they should have let Hanzhi retire. He's a proven traitor that will happily jump ship at the first opportunity. Better to let him leave if he's willing to make a peaceful exit. Better still would be to arrange an accident for him after he's left.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C333: I know he probably won't, but he should sell his pocket sphere for spirit liquids and lights. Its a nice utility item, but not nearly as useful to him as increasing his personal strength, and it sounds like he could get quite a lot of them for it.

C337: Having bubbles floating around in your blood is a good way to die...

So, how did it go from an extremely rare art worth millions of skygold, to an unwanted art that few would willingly practice?

C346: Lol. Why would he even bring a signal rocket? XD

C349: I wonder if he'll bother to heal them in order to build positive relations with them, or if he'll let their wounds accumulate to make it easier to backstab them.

C355: So, what exactly is stopping everyone from wiping out the MC's group and stealing all the gold they've collected so far?

C356: "Help me find that Lin Suo... we'll tear him up and feed him to the dogs" Lol. He sure does know how to motivate her ;)

C359: It feels weird that no one is making a last ditch effort to gather gold by slaughtering other teams in front of the Reservoir.

C360: It feels shortsighted to buy a consumable when his swords are literally falling apart. I know it'll prove to be the right choice, since MC's can't make a wrong choice in situations like this, but still. If we ignore plot armor, then this was probably the wrong choice. The pearl might help him win a single fight, but without the swords, there's no reason outside of plot armor for him to be capable of winning any of the others.

C363: "Everyone understood that there were only five writs and more than a hundred teams" Shouldn't there only be like 20 left by now? There were about a hundred to begin with, and they've been eliminating them almost non-stop since they arrived.

C364: I can't help but think that a better plan would have been to have Lu Qing'er use her frost power to create a zone of cold as they passed through the insects. She'd likely have knocked them out of the air without them ever getting a chance to attack. Well, unless they're much more powerful than they're being made out to be.

That aside, why exactly were the wasps focusing on the tank? He had no taunting skills, and there were more than enough wasps to go around.

C369: “I bet you feel embarrassed for underestimating Li Luo now!” Says the girl that was so certain of their loss that she didn't even bother to try preparing for their victory...

C370: "Dual resonances... it was as rare as a ninth-grade resonance." I thought they were significantly rarer?

“Yu Lang—a formidable foe.” I really do wonder how much trouble this is going to cause Yu Lang before people figure out the deception ;)

"Unfortunately, the rules of the Dao Fields was that dao-gold could not be stolen." Ah, so that's why no one tried to rob them. Though it doesn't explain why no one tried to extort them. "Give me half your gold or I'll settle for the incense gold from destroying you" and the like.

C373: "If not for this dependable manager Cai Wei, Li Luo and Jiang Qing'e would not have any time left over to cultivate at Astral Sage College." So when does Cai Wei have time to cultivate herself then? Was she not also a rising star of the college?

C374: They're giving away free gold eye treasures for winning practice matches? And the MC thinks the Golden Dragon Bank is extravagant *smh*. Honestly, it feels like golden eye treasures just became the average level of treasure and the minimum level that the MC will acquire going forward, even though they're supposed to be extremely rare and valuable for anyone even remotely close to his level.

That aside, I do wonder how he plans to win without a weapon. Is he going to go pure archer for the fights?

C376: "There's no need... just maybe eight or nine formulas would do, too many and we would feel embarrassed" Ah, so they do know shame... if only in passing ;)

C382: I wonder when we'll get an arc that's neither a tournament/competition arc, nor preparations for one.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't it much more efficient to bully the low level enemies that they can beat in seconds than to waste an entire day on a set of enemies that, even if they manage to beat them, they might not get anything from if they took too long to win?

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "but they could not stop it." could -> would
    Just because you lack the courage to do something, that doesn't mean it can't be done, nor that it can't be done by you :/