Transmigrated into a Parvenu’s Ex-wife in the ‘90s

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Oct 15, 2021.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/transmigrated-into-a-parvenus-ex-wife-in-the-90s/

[​IMG]
    (I don't know how this cover art relates to the story aside from it is about one adult and 2 kids.)

I came to this novel after being caught up with Back to the Sixties: Farm, Get Wealthy & Raise the Cubs . They have a similar premise: transmigrated into a mother character of a novel whose children will eventually grow up to be minor villains for the novel's MC to crush. The setting is also Communist China, but in this case, the early 90s and this MC is already living in a city. Both MCs also get a large sum of money during their first story arcs to stabilize their lives and to start the ball rolling with the same aim to amass real estate and businesses before future government actions cause an economic boom. However, the MC for this story has no cheat ability, outside of general future knowledge. And this MC is more focused on developing her businesses than the MC in Back to the Sixties who's focus was child rearing.

Overall, this story is better than Back to the Sixties. While the story progresses "one day at a time" like Back to the Sixties, it wasn't repetitive. At the moment, we're at the upper 200s chapters and less than a story year has passed so far. If I had to describe my impression simply, it is that this novel is "meatier". There's more substance. The MC's plans are more sophisticated (well, somewhat) and her actions are more indepthly relayed to us readers. This MC also has more friends, so there's more non-family social interactions.

There've been 2 translators on this novel and the quality of both have been good enough. Another pass of proofreading would've been nice.

2. kcinara

kcinara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like this story, it helps that it has a good translator and the face slap of the antagonist is short but it’s there.

3. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-307:
    The neighbors were swayed too easily after all these years of bias.

4. kcinara

kcinara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, but before they only had hearsay, now they saw the girl making a show when she apologized. Between vague gossip and seeing things with your own eyes…

5. f9l3yn

f9l3yn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I filtered by comedy and came across this, but im around ch100 and theres no sign of it. Does it start on the later chapters or has it been incorrectly assigned the genre?

6. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. This story is not focused on comedy. There are light hearted moments as in any story, plus how the MC gets back at the people antagonizing her are amusing, but you're not going to be all LOL LMAO ROFLcopter.

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more slice of mc's romance and business's life iirc