Discussion ml needs therapy

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by eskarleh, Dec 22, 2021.

1. aintg

aintg Fairy Queen of the Demonic Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Lolol. This is why my interest in romance novels keeps declining. I mean, even in a very normal situation, you can't simply change people completely by saying a few words and doing a few actions... let alone by merely existing.

And now I somehow remember that new "Encanto" movie from Pixar. When everyone's gift can be seen, Mirabel's gift turns out to be being a family counselor. :blobicecreamlove:

your crush likes this.
  2. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is! Don't pick up boyfriend from trash can
    Something like that
    It's done by CG but the updates are super slow last I checked so I would recommend stopping when you reach the ongoing arc lol

3. eskarleh

eskarleh i'm tired

Reading List:
    Link
    AHHH I DID STOP WHEN I REACHED THE ONGOING ARC
    because I try to find similar novels my options are now limited. I keep switching bl romance genres and at this point I'm reading mtls to satisfy my desires

the romance I love to read nowadays is that gradual love where the mc and ml fall in love under scenarios that makes sense. cause really how tf you gonna fall in love just because someone they handed you a napkin. the mc could just stand there and the ml would be like "I'm all better now". THEY LITERALLY HAVEN'T SPOKEN TO ONE ANOTHER! this is why I love to read world hopping where the mc points it out and is like wtf, that's creepy.

and with encanto, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT
    when I watched encanto the whole family made me mad especially in the beginning. her grandma made me wanna slap her because she reminded me so much of my grandma (istg 60% of abuelitas have the same personality). how they all believed she was jealous and began to treat her exactly how they treated bruno. ngl if i was maribel and bruno i'd still be petty about it, but then again, it's a family friendly movie so they gotta make it happy. although she has no gift in the ending, in my ending her gift is the house. she keeps the house alive and she is the belief that keeps the magic alive.

4. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god!!!!! Mood! Same!!! Send me recommendations lol

5. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not so sure about that considering all the crazy shit that poor therapist would have to deal with if it is all these terrible characters.
    There would probably be some way to make that entertaining.

mir and Baldingere like this.
  6. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed! There are all those novels where the ML's secretary has to help him out in his romance, by giving him books to read, writing his chat messages for him and all. I'm sure people would like novels where the therapist is desperatly trying to keep his patient from making his relationship more toxic. It would be more funny too (at least for me, cuz I don't like the overworked secretary trope much).

mir, eskarleh and Nimroth like this.
  7. eskarleh

eskarleh i'm tired

Reading List:
    Link
    it'd turn into a comedy with the therapist's inner thoughts. the ml would talk about the shi they've done and the shi they went through and the poor therapist would begin to have grey hair

I have a lot to recommend all I need to know if which type is your favorite

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    Baldingere likes this.
  8. comeetomama

comeetomama used to called mommy now granny

Reading List:
    Link
    can u recommend a bl novel where gong or shou turns into cat. With fluff and obviously without toxic elements. I read one but they stopped to translate. Pls.

9. eskarleh

eskarleh i'm tired

Reading List:
    Link
    these are the ones that I'm aware of and have good ratings/reviews.
    The People Who’re Supposed To Kill Me Fell For Me Instead (world hopping cat themes, and the gong is the one who turns into a cat type, completed translations)
    I Am the Lucky Cat of an MMORPG (haven't read it yet, but it's on my list and the gong is the cat; completed translations)
    Reborn as the Villain President’s Cat & Dog [Entertainment Circle] (on-going translations, but I read the MTLs and it was still a satisfying read; shou turns into a cat and dogs chapters translated up to ch 56)
    The White Cat’s Divine Scratching Post (on my list as well, only reason I haven't read it yet is because the mc is a gong and I'm currently in a shou mc phase; shou turns into a cat, completed translations)
    The Last Cat in the Universe (shou turns into cat, on-going translations)
    The Aphrodisiac-carrying Man (shou turns into cat, completed translations)
    Meow! A Kitten Stumbles into a CEO!Novel! (there's 64 chapters and 41 chapters are translated, shou turns into cat)
    How Could This Cat Tease Me? (shou turns into cat, on-going translations)
    The Zombie Emperor’s Domesticated Cat (currently reading this one, shou is cat and on-going translations)

dummynovels has a lot of cat themed novels unfortunately a lot of them are on-going, but I do suggest to browse through there for more.

10. sherry90

sherry90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ml from Very happy
    He has mental illness from childhood trauma and went to actual therapist and he gets better after meeting mc. Very good and non toxic relationship... Well this author rarely wrote toxic relationship anyway.

11. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link

lmao the flashbacks of my childhood :blobshh: it's like la rosa de guadalupe, horrible but addicting.

There's this manhwa/novel where the ML has trauma because he was assaulted and currently (on the manhwa), Im glad they are doing the slow burn kind of thing bc in a way, it acknowledges that the ML has issues and FL wouldnt/couldnt/shouldnt just say "hello iz me the loyl, youre all better now" and suddenly, the trauma is gone. I do hope it gets better in the later stories tho.

Yandere ML who got therapy... I dont think Ive seen that in any romantic fantasy setting but Im not sure if there is one on the modern romance novels. :hmm:

Not a novel but a manhwa/webtoon. So far, Midnight PoppyLand is my best "couple who talk and acknowledges their trauma and issues" entry. Really wish there's a novel for that but Im also happy it's an original webtoon

hansora and eskarleh like this.
  12. eskarleh

eskarleh i'm tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally read a novel where therapy was encouraged and the ml supported it and helped the mc out and I was truly satisfied.

when the author acknowledges the issues and slowly works on the issues to show the character development and mental strength of the characters are rare but when found beautiful. I haven't read webtoon in a while but I might check it out.

yandere ml never gets therapy. mc either encourages it because they're also in a way a yandere for the ml or they just ignore it and act like it's not a problem, encouraging the behavior.

13. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    May I know the manhwa you talked about? :aww:

14. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a novel but a manhwa/webtoon. So far, Midnight PoppyLand is my best "couple who talk and acknowledges their trauma and issues" entry. Really wish there's a novel for that b

It's the Im a stepmother but my daughter is the cutest / Not Sew Wicked Stepmom (tapas version)

15. comeetomama

comeetomama used to called mommy now granny

Reading List:
    Link
    Really thank u. I am gonna read them all