LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no wonder i haven't seen any post from him. I miss his translation where he removes all redundancy.

Black Frost and Astaroth like this.
  2. Centurionzo

Centurionzo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how things are today ?

The translation is still bad, also is the novel complete ?

3. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    completed in (at the latest) 2016 at chapter 1467.

4. c0debreaker6

c0debreaker6 A MANLY Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh..... So we still have a long way to go, even with the current release rate.

Also, who the hell is Brando!?

Black Frost likes this.
  5. gangbuntu

gangbuntu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the mc brendel

c0debreaker6 likes this.
  6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually Brendel.

Not always, there was one guy who also got called Brando and not Brendel. I think it was one of the Folded swords guys.

LazyLuong, Wowafay and c0debreaker6 like this.
  7. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    He also fixes certain inconsistencies and does minor changes to the story. Unfortunately it is never gonna be complete but his translation was superb.

c0debreaker6 and Astaroth like this.
  8. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, i get really confuse reading it because of that. It's very annoying.

9. Centurionzo

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I used to like to read this, then it's just start to get kinda boring and repetitive, I wanted to ask, who did the MC end ups ? Did he discover why he was in that world ? Does he return to earth ?

10. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the comment here with list of harem members
    https://lnmtl.com/chapter/the-amber-sword-book-6-chapter-1467

There were God People who came from Earth just like MC. I don't remember how they came to the world of Amber Sword and why - they were planeswalkers so they kinda traveled across dimensions or whatever. They kinda created the world of Amber Sword (parallel universe basically) and the world was following Tiamat laws (not sure how it is translated now). So all those dragons, planeswalkers, the goddess and so on at one point were alive and kicking.

Twilight Dragon was a calamity that was threating the world and he wanted to destroy that world (don't remember why). God People and the Goddess used the special ability to reset the world to the past each time they could not win against the Twilight Dragon. During each reset the god people, dragons and co. were dissappearing (I don't remember why). Multiple cycles happened not many ancient entities remained. As the Twillight Dragon was also extraterrestial entity like the Goddess and co. and did not follow Tiamat laws he could not be killed after the reset so he tried to destroy the world again and again.

Eventually the Goddess decided to bring a hero from Earth - the original world of the first god people. There she created the game The Amber Sword using which she wanted to find the best person who would fall in love with the world of Amber Sword and would want to save it if he were to be transported to the real one. Basically she wanted to find the person who would become really attached to that world (Sophie's senior for example was also transported but only partially - she retained some memories but she wasn't attached that much to the world thus failed to be transported completely).

In the end he stays in the world and lives with his harem.

I read it long time ago and used MTL (with WMW it was one of those novels that really liked and finished) but I was wrong in my summary in certain areas
    I thought that the world lost its magic powers and I am still wondering till this day what really happened after Brendel defeated Twilight Dragon (Basically the dragon took over the world and it was his mistake as he became part of the Tiamat laws and could be killed now) as the wizards seemed to lose the silver blood and it became red
    that posted some years ago (but don't remember where). And ending was kinda abrupt as the author literally wrote a single (!!!) chapter after the final battle. I was pissed off. He did not even mention Freya in the last chapter!!!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  11. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    What ever happened to Scarlet? Damn the author is really making Kirrlutz and its people extremely dislikable. Will that empire and their people just go poof already together with their Cathedral?

Also, I binged this from Chapter 1 up to V4C120+ and damn I'm sick and tired of this novel already. I dunno why I started reading but I thin k it is because I was looking for a Kingdom Building novel. What I got instead of 90% Brendel or some other people fighting and one-upping one another that it just got annoying to read. At some point I just skim through to see what happens and still more more more battles. I wanted the damn Kingdom Building parts and if there were battles, I hoped they were Army battles. For now I guess I'll just shelf this until the end of the translation and try reading again when I'm not burnout.

12. Centurionzo

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved Vol 1.1, though that was great, after that things started going downhill, it's not only the translation, I pretty much gave up on the novel

It reminds me of novels like the Novel Extra and Everyone Else is a Returnee, they have strong beginning but around the middle things started to go downhill

13. Gitami

Gitami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a minor additional info on the ending
    The god people and twilight dragon
    An unknown time in the future the Earth was destroyed, no mention on who or how.

They found a whirlpool of chaos energy and settled down, bringing order to the chaotic font which inadvertently created self consciousness for the chaos energy and why it wants to destroy the civilization built on its back. As a being of chaos having any order goes against its existence. There have been multiple resets before but this current cycle was the final one; they only have enough energy for one reset. The Twilight Dragon got tired of having his victory reset 5 times by the troll goddess so he decided to enter and become a part of the world in order to destroy the reset switch.

The goddess sends information back in time to the dreams of developers so they'd make the game, and the brainwaves of the players are collected, no mention how it reached goddess Martha. I am not sure if it was for finding the one who loves the most, what I do recall was the goddess was using the game as a training simulator for the brainwaves which she uses to create veteran warriors to fight in the final cycle.

There were multiple players who were created, trained in the previous cycle, then destilled into DNA form to be inserted into the iron/black tribes(the current humans). They were suppose to emerge around this time where the world was most similar to the game so they'd know where the powerups are, however those who possess those DNA either go mad (like having multiple personality) or ignore the memories. Brendel personality died, but the body still lives so the latent DNA emerges and successfully take over.

What happened to magic after isn't clearly explained but the Tiamat Law which was used to bind chaos into ordered mana was shattered with the Twilight Dragon's death. The book does say that Anna's design of the magic engine ushered in the next era of magic. I guess the font of chaos still exist but the magic engine was able to convert that raw ambient chaos to something usable.

The author's next work is more small squad adventueres 5vs many to 100vs100, hot blooded action sequences and speeches, still has game mechanics although it is more explained.

14. KjellBudal

KjellBudal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wrong link.
    Chapter 11 link goes to chapter 12.