Question how do you access naver webnovel chapters beyond the free ones?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by roastedmilktea, Dec 26, 2021.

1. roastedmilktea

roastedmilktea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so i've been translating a naver webnovel series but it's ended whilst i was in the middle of translating and locked all chapters beyond the 4th one. i wasn't aware that naver webnovel would lock chapters after the series has completed, so now i'm wondering if there's any way for me to get chapters beyond that (either through waiting for one chapter a week or???) paying for it is out of question, mainly bc i don't have a korean phone no, not bc of the money :blobsob::blobsob:

2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if they won't release it, your only option other than to pay for it is to access them illegally through some aggregation site. You shouldn't be getting any links here.

3. astralmech

astralmech [ ✨ ~ snooze ] [ kr translator ] [ jpn native ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Download the Series App. It's available in most overseas app stores and allows you to pay using your local currency. However, in order to do so, you must first verify your identity, in which Naver allows foreigners and Korean people living abroad to use their own personal IDs.

You can verify your identity as a foreigner on Naver using this [link]

It's very simple and easy--- I used my driver's license and they had me verified within a few hours.

Sara0jan likes this.
  4. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that is so weird, you need literal legal identification to read novels

5. eeeee

eeeee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can fly an airplane to korea, then buy the physical book haha. or just give up.

even if you have a verified account, u need a korean bank account to charge the account with money.

6. Deleted member 413735

Deleted member 413735 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I legitimately believed until this moment that Korean novel aggregators didn't exist because I never found any in Google searches, and wondered how those MTL sites got their hands on those RAWs to make MTLs.

Psst. How about *cough* dm- *cough* dm-ing me some *cough* names *cough* links. No one will know.

7. astralmech

astralmech [ ✨ ~ snooze ] [ kr translator ] [ jpn native ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not with Naver. Provided you make purchases with their app, you can verify your identity easy and buy things using your local currency. It's how I get both my Naver and Ridibook raws. KakaoPage is the only real pain in the ass, requiring a Korean phone number for ID verification for R15/R19 stuff and a Korean bank account to make purchases. Although, some people claim Happy Money is an avenue for making purchases there, but I can't personally confirm.

To be fair, it's not just for novels. Naver is an umbrella company that hosts a whole slew of things, including physical goods. They need to verify your identity before they allow you to make any purchases with them, which includes their web novels. And even when they verify, they really only need your full name and birth date (and if you live in the US, the state that issued your ID), with everything else being blacked out, including your photo, address, etc.

8. nee3n

nee3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I accidentally found this thread, but may I ask if once you downloaded chapters from Naver series app, can you still access the opened chapters if it has been uninstalled?

9. roastedmilktea

Reading List:
    Link
    tysm !! i'll try this when i get home hehehe <333

10. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Well just use other sites for raw materials :facepalm:

11. roastedmilktea

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm sorry but i literally have no knowledge of korean raw pirate sites lmaooo that's why i asked here GHDSLFJDS

12. candyjelly

candyjelly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, you can redownload the chaps (providing that you bought(소장) the chaps not rent(대여))

also just an fyi, you can use one ID on 5 different devices. so yeah, you can open your account in multiple devices at once and download the stuff that you bought in those devices.
    (yes, you technically can borrow or share an ID with your friends)

jkumi7 and nee3n like this.
  13. nee3n

nee3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a great help. I'm still not familiar with naver's system so I'm still kinda confused (y)

14. amso mayo

amso mayo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you help me, please? How many cookies are need to open a locked chapter? I just created an account and have been given free cookies, yet I keep getting blocked by 'unable to proceed with the transaction' notif. It's frustating.

jkumi7 likes this.
  15. Garnet

Garnet Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels without illustrations are 1 cookie, novels with illustrations are 1 (rental) or 3 (permanent) cookies.

16. indomieseleraku

indomieseleraku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's depend on the novel. But mostly 1 cookies, you can check here to see how many cookies is needed: https:// i.im.ge/2022/01/05/XFcITK. jpg (remove the space)

jkumi7 likes this.
  17. amso mayo

amso mayo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a matter of not having enough then, I have thirteen. So what caused it? It happened to every locked chapters in every novels I tried. And my cookies are set to expire three and five days later... Ahgggg what to do??

18. Scarlett0o0

Scarlett0o0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try it on other device