Discussion Why does it seem like...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by CadmarLegend, Dec 26, 2021.

1. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does it seem like most novels with over 2k readers always have the reviews with the most likes be ones that are negative about the novel?

I've found this in almost all the novels I've read.

And even then, after that one bad-rated review, there are quite a few good reviews below it. But it is very rare to see a good review at top?

Do you have any idea why this might be so?

PS, I'm speaking from personal experience. Idk if you've ever encountered that.

2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's not shit.

Lurking and DrunkReader01 like this.
  3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Because when a novel is good overall a bad point sticks out and gets more attention perhaps~

Despapa69 and CardOne4All like this.
  4. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because angry people are more likely to vent on the internet than happy people and in this chase venting is in the form of upvoting bad reviews.

5. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    When you hate something, some will go out of their way to express it. Probably the reason for the negative reviews. Same with liking something.

6. Sami11

Sami11 [Level 99 Duck]

Reading List:
    Link
    imo , I think the review system for Novel Updates is only useful if you want to know certain tropes in the novel beforehand, such as if there's tragedy, ntr, cringy protagonist, overly-nationalistic authors, etc... NU reviewers are biased af and there's no set standard as to how webnovels should be reviewed, so it really shows when a person hates the novel out of spite or when they're giving valid criticisms. And even then, what counts as valid criticism isn't clear either considering the special nature of these novels. You wouldn't review junk food with the same standards as restaurant food would you? The purpose of these novels is to provide a dopamine rush, not meaningful discussions.

This is why I kind of cringe when a user mentions in their review something like "Well if you think about it, the world of X is actually just retarded," and I'm like literally every novel on this site is like that bro.

CadmarLegend and Lurking like this.
  7. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats pretty much my thoughts as well

CadmarLegend likes this.