Discussion Is there a smut novel that you felt disgusted with it?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by efo, Dec 28, 2021.

1. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine was: Seduced By a Married Teacher.

My problem with this is not even the adultery part, it's that they are constantly doing 'it'. I'm aware that the reason people read this is the smut but... I was at a point where I wanted to throw up! I was like "Please! Just give us readers a break for JUST ONE CHAPTER!!!" the whole time... And in my opinion, there is no way that a girl who just lost her virginity can be that horny! And I'm not even gonna talk about the 'food play' thing at the beginning!:blobdizzy:

Did you ever read a smut novel that you felt disgusted with it? If you did, tell me why you felt that way.

2. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't tell you the title(s) but I still managed to read something that touched all my bottomlines when it comes to writing and personal morals. Such as p*doph*lla, grooming, (confinement), etc. Dub-con, lack of prep, and blackmail is a pet peeve of mine. All in all I have to say being horny can lead to regrettable decisions.
    The important thing is to find safe ways to facilitate horniness and to never project it into reality, like honestly I get chills from the smut I have read- out of context. Like I could have done so much better (because consent is sexy), but yet here I am reading short smut I find on NU.
    Edit: Random thing I thought I add. No- I don't read tags, usually just the summaries. So I usually end up with more than I bargain for.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  3. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to understand, if you are disgusted by the smut, you obviously haven’t read enough smut. It’s like shotgunning high proof vodka or tong testing 9v batteries. You know you shouldn’t, but your going to do so anyway because your bored.

If I put the worst, most horrid, putrefying smut novel about a protagonist so dense they could write physics papers about him in front of you and take away all your good novels, your still going to read it.

So stop whining, take your regularly prescribed cocktail of Absinthe(The fun kind), Class A Amnestics, and one of those super spicy 9 million SHU lolipops(Eloquently dubbed “The Toe of Satan”), and just get it over with! Then, when you wake up the next morning, tongue all bloated, memory full of holes, missing your pants, smut novel in hand, you will have learned your lesson.

4. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    My Little Pony smut fan-fic. Don't ask how I wound up finding it.

5. Tumtum

Tumtum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eye socket fucking. Getting off over two corpses, I can handle. Fuck factories, I can handle. Eye socket fucking, no. Just no.

efo, IceLight303 and MangoGuy like this.
  6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    There are things I have seen I don't wish upon any one. There are somethings you never escape from.

efo likes this.
  7. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    smut novel? Well... Harlequin's published novel. I got one as a gift from the event the bookstore made, and it is incomprehensible to me.

I was innocent back then, though. Giving a junior high school an adult romance novel? well, they gift wrap it, and it is a raffle. But...

grrman, Tumtum and efo like this.
  8. takame

takame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's the first time i've read a scat fanfic at livejournal, though i cannot remember it much. my bottomline is pretty deep when it comes to smut but that time i realized scat is a no no for me. especially when i tried reading manga that has that tag.

grrman and efo like this.
  9. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    At some point, you think you got used to it, and then you find a novel that transcends your toxicity resistance once again, and you slip deeper into the dumpster.
    I read plenty of smut that disgusted me, and there's really no point in reading it since it doesn't arouse me, but a morbid fascination keeps me going. However I find some comfort in the comment section, that is full of hilarious horny people, and confused people who hate themselves for reading that.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  10. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I generally don't get disgusted because disgusting scenes are usually clearly labeled, if not in the chapter itself then the novel will be clearly that kind of story based on name/description/tags.

However, there's one novel I can't remember the name of, but I was pretty disgusted at this:
    Out of the protagonist's harem members, only one (at the time) had any reason at all to like him. So he snapped at her and made her cry, then went berserk because trauma? and ended up losing his memory because reasons? Okay, so I thought maybe they'd explain it (the author did explain it later, it was stupid though) and kept reading. Cue next time he met her: for some reason the author, the protagonist, and every other character thought that she owed him an apology.

Keep in mind, no one knew about his trauma from his past life, all they knew was she asked him a question, he yelled at her, she cried, he started blowing shit up and attacking people. So when she was told to apologize to him, I was ??? but whatever. And then he refused to accept the apology. Eh.

No one's telling you that you have to make her your 17th wife, you little bitch, just say you forgive her so everyone can move on from the stupid incident more than 5 years ago. The one that you caused from your own selfishness.

All the while, this guy's being treated like he's some kind of saint by the author and other characters, and he's a normal (for JP) protagonist anywhere else, but every time that girl shows up since that incident...
    The hypocrisy made me want to throw up.

flannan, Gitami, Baldingere and 2 others like this.
  11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read lewd stuff in quite some time, but I usually read stuff that fits my tastes when I do wish to read lewd stuff, so... No, not really, I'm aware of what I'm getting into when I start consuming lewd content.

efo likes this.
  12. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Curiosity, boredom, and just for the heck of it have gotten me to read things I didn't think I'd get through.
    After reading enough, as someone said, I agree: the 'phasing' for most things usually wear off, and it gets less and less shocking. And it's usually because I think, "Why not, it's not going to ruin my life", and then I read it. I'm perplexed, sometimes disgusted. I forget about it, and move on.

But.

But but but BUT BUT THAT ONE. That one damn story I can't get out of my mind: It wasn't what would be considered ''ridiculously horrible'' while being compared to some other things mentioned above, but the way it was portrayed and written really unnerved me to the core, besides its horribleness standing alone as a story itself anyway.

I only remember the main subject of the story, especially since I never was able to finish it. It was about a girl who enjoyed being groomed by her father (or uncle??) or just some weird old man in her family, and it really just was horrendous for me to read, especially since the FL said she liked it, and the faces were just weird and my curiosity and boredom could never get me to finish reading that. I hated it.

And there was also this one where the girls were drawn so strangely, like anorexic-type-of-thin, with ridiculously huge boobs, like ''scoliosis giving'' level type size. That was just unnerving and strange...they looked demented and it was uncomfortable to read, so I stopped testing my limits there and stopped reading that one too.

It was all just....eugh. I don't even have a word for it, I just- *shudder* Eugh. No.

Baldingere and efo like this.
  13. NovelenthusiastIDK

NovelenthusiastIDK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing, at this point I'm too desensitised. Obviously some things are gross, but I really don’t have a strong reaction to them

efo likes this.
  14. Oxylime

Oxylime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing I've ever been repulsed by is like scat. Other than that nothing has ever faced me as I'm not really a vanilla type of person and can easily fall onto the sadomasochist line in terms of consuming sexual and gory content. If it intrigues me enough, I'll eat it up. I'm at that stage in life where I'm just indifferent to this kind of stuff. :derpyblob:

efo likes this.