Discussion Do vampires in novels not exist?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Lord of sin, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Lord of sin

Lord of sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i had an epiphany This isn't really an asking for recommendations but I just noticed that there is:
    1, monarch of evernight
    2,My vampire system
    3,After Taken as a Prisoner of War, the Vampire Queen Turned Me Into a Vampire and Made Me Her Daughter or blood Princess and the knight.
    Are there other vampire novels out there? I was scrolling thru finding what to read when number 3 appeared, and I kinda started wondering, I'm looking for a romance right? And I feel like vampires would kick ass in the romance section yet I haven't seen anything? Are they really so unpopular? Or is my stoned self going delusional?

2. roata11

roata11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too popular in west, so nobody want to translated another vampire romance maybe

grrman, phonebinder, Asf and 8 others like this.
  3. WedgeOfHeaven

WedgeOfHeaven Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a couple others, but yes as far as I can tell they are rare. The Reincarnated Vampire Wants an Afternoon Nap is out there. I feel like I’m forgetting something, but that’s all I can think of right now.

Some other novels I know for zombies, other undead / magical / demonic mixes, etc, but still not many actual vampires, and most of them are isekai. Though that may just be what I’m seeing. My taste is probably quite open to the trashy side of things.

Personally I wanna find some vampire Yuri. So I guess I’m in a kinda similar boat.

Beyond the scope of novels, I know there’s plenty of manga, anime, etc on vampires, if you’re really hungry for the genre. I am compelled to mention Tsukihime, the visual novel, however well or not-so-well it’s aged.

Anyway, I’d guess there’s novels out there; they just probably aren’t translated.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    flannan likes this.
  4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve seen vampire arcs in novels. For example, “A Crowd of Evil Spirit Lines up to Confess to Me”’s current arc is a vampire arc.

There’s also “My Daddy is the Galaxy’s Prince Charming,” an excellent vampire romance novel.

5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, there are definitely others. I know I've seen some in QT arcs, and there was another novel I dropped called Blood Contract or something that I forgot, but had tons of vampires.

If you search up the "vampires" tag in series finder, you'll find 11 pages of vampire novelsi

Rumby and Lord of sin like this.
  6. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think twilight sorta ruined it for everyone. They either loved it so much that they think other novels can’t top it or they hated it so much that they can’t stand other vampire stories

Pikiliu, Oxylime, Asf and 1 other person like this.
  7. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try ash_knight17 "lord , Duke and ghost" series . They are awesome novels with plot.
    My favorite is "Bambi and duke" of hers. It's on webnovel app .

I feel vampire novels on nu are very shallow.
    You should try ash_knight17 "ldg" series.

Lord of sin likes this.
  8. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like half of the time it isn't even vampires, but rather some kind of blood crazy elves.

Lord of sin likes this.
  9. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read MTL CN novels from original sites. From what I can find all recent years, I think the CN audience doesn't into Western fantasy themes in general, not to mention the vampire one. I can only find ~3-5 novels about vampire theme each year that can enter the leaderboard.

Maybe there're more but finding a specific sub-genre in CN original sites is a pain. :blobconfused:

Lord of sin likes this.
  10. Xian Piete

Xian Piete Author of many mediocre stories

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of Asian cultivation novels use vampires as the western bad guys.

Lord of sin likes this.
  11. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Vampires are extremely popular, both as villains and as love interests. Not so much as protagonists, but there are still a decent handful you can find on NU with searches.

I don't tend to read novels that focus on romance so idk about those. Do Asian countries like gothic horror romance novels? It seems more likely they'd use one of their own many youkai or urban legends. Or Cthulhu mythos.

12. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you asking for Twighlight/Buffy the vampire slayer? Isn't it like one of the biggest selling romance media?

As for JP novels? A ton of them!

Kyuuketsu Hime wa Barairo no Yume o Miru
    The Reincarnated Vampire Wants an Afternoon Nap
    The Spearmaster and the Black Cat

Just looking at my reading list, I easily found 3.

13. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well,

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-undead-king-of-the-palace-of-darkness/

Good novel, features a protagonist that is a vampire after the first arc (starts off as a lesser undead) + a single FL. As in, a vampire that actually has the weakness of being a vampire (running water, silver, can't enter buildings unless invited, etc). The pre-vampire arc is more of a prologue. I imagine MC & FL are around... 100% likely to progress their relationship to actual couple status eventually. I'd say it's more action/adventure than romance-focused though. I believe the series remains non-harem, based on the reviews.

If you want to speed through the prologue-ish first arc you can read the first few manga chapters and then jump to the novel (that's what I did, although it was more that I switched to novel after catching up). I would suggest jumping to the novel as soon as the MC becomes a lesser vampire though. This is because the manga cuts details which.. aren't important in the prologue (I've never felt the need to go back and check) but contain some useful stuff after that.

Dr_H_16 and flannan like this.
  14. flannan

flannan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's one more than I have in my list. I guess I'll try reading about the spearmaster.
    There just aren't that many stories with vampire protagonists, as opposed to vampire love interests.

15. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    vampires are just not that popular in asia, also it's hard to take vampires seriously after twilight became a thing

16. grrman

grrman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vampires in general come from the mythos surrounding Ivan the Terrible and from Bram Stoker's book "Dracula" and other books in the 1800s. This means that vampires are a relevantly recent creation, and that makes it harder for the myths to have time to spread to other countries. I've seen vampire characters, but the only MC semi-related to them is from "The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time". The more modern "sexy" vampire is even more recent, which makes sense on why it hasn't quite crossed over from the Western world yet.

17. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try The Undead King of the Palace of Darkness. It's superb. I prefer the LN, but the WN is alright.