Discussion Why do we like anime even though it contains pedophilia AND incest?!

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by efo, Dec 28, 2021.

1. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's list them. ( These are very few of them. There is a LOT of animes that I still didn't watch, so don't judge. )
    • Brothers conflict.
    • Vampire knight.
    • Dance with devils.
    • Domestic Girlfriend.
    • Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii.
    As for yaois.
    • Super lovers. ( Which I love. )
    • Papa to kiss in the dark.
    • Junjou romantica. ( It counts right? )
    • ...Black butler... ( maybe? )
    A lot of people like these, including me ( Except for Domestic girlfriend. ) and it's BAD! I sometimes ask myself "would I be against it if it was real?"...? It started to confuse my sense of judgment! The worst part is; IT'S EVERYWHERE! Animes, mangas, novels. And because I like it I can't stay away from it! I'm sure that there is a lot of people in my situation. Why do you think it's like this?

Note: I'm aware that there is a lot of people who don't like those but there is also a lot of people who likes them. I'm talking about those who likes them.

FIEND, ReaderReader and DrunkReader01 like this.
  2. Mndnd

Mndnd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO I'll be honest here, anime brings out the degenerate in a lot of people. People have all sorts of kinks and fetishes and anime allows them to indulge in a safe-- yes, safe, manner. We humans are still animals so we can't expect everyone to be puritanists or follow our moral guide. Just be glad it's fictional and not real life
    (And if you're appalled by these anime I'm begging you, please don't read any doujinshi...)

3. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nice projection bro

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though? You mean -because-. :blobpeek:

5. lilly2805

lilly2805 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not all animes have pedophilia and incest. I for one haven't come across one yet, and I've watched animes for quite a few years now. You just have to find the good side of animes, just like there's also a bad side for novels.

wasntbornyesterday and efo like this.
  6. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay. I like video games which are more interactive than books. Do I like killing and murdering people? No. It's entertainment, imagination does not reflect reality.

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, I'm really fond of stories that talk about "forbidden" topics and treat them seriously. Stuff like teacher-student relationship, or even a mother-daughter relationship can be really interesting to read about if the characters involved feel real and are extremely well-aware of how wrong their feelings are.

It's just so interesting, yanno? To see a teacher fall in love with his student and being like... "Wait, wtf am I feeling!? She is not only a minor, but also my student! This is wrong in so many levels!"

Or like... A mother talking with her friend like... "Hey, my [teenager] daughter seems to be in love with me, in a romantic way... The hell do I even do?" especially when the mother herself starts having feeling for her daughter as well, which is like... Even more troublesome and stuff.

It's just interesting to see it, I guess? Realistic character being actively troubled by problems that, while not common, definitely do exist... And like... Seeing the authors depicting the characters as self-aware, of knowing that their feelings are wrong, showing the characters trying to get help because they know that they cannot act on the impulses that they're having... I really like it. I just love seeing stories that humanize the "evil pedophile criminal adult that should burn in hell" and like... Show that those people are humans too, that they also worry about their feelings, that they seek help, that they don't necessarily act on their messed up feelings... It's just really interesting to see this kind of story~

... As for stories that use the incest/pedophilia tropes as a trope to put one of the multiple love interests be someone that is "forbidden", but this is never given any real attention and is just treated as another one of the many harem members of the protagonist... Well, I can't say I'm too fond of this execution, but if the rest of the story/characters is good, I can turn a blind eye to that.

orematcha, BurgerKong, efo and 2 others like this.
  8. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Start listing out titles. Show us how many contain what you claim. I'm thinking you're being hypersensitive. And yes we'll judge you if you get desperate and start listing out pr0n.

Greater thunder, asriu and elengee like this.
  9. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude you got a lot of time to watch anime.... have you tried going out of your mother's basement and walking outside for a change?

10. eskarleh

eskarleh i'm tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious about the plot and then I'm appalled.

efo likes this.
  11. campfire

campfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah yes, the infamous onichan.

efo likes this.
  12. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because I watch a lot of crime documentaries and stuff doesn't mean I enjoy crime.

Unless...:blobcat_hyper:

ReaderReader and efo like this.
  13. The_Essay_Writer

The_Essay_Writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People need to understand, anime is a medium NOT a genre of media. Meaning, it only "packages" the themes in a very "unique" way and has no part in the contents. Sort of like Amazon, it is simply a delivery service
    So I think the more correct (for lack of a better term) question to ask is: why do these genres exist and why are they so prevalent in the medium

ReaderReader, SoulZer0, efo and 2 others like this.
  14. DrunkReader01

DrunkReader01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... I mean 'Torture tournament' is my guilty pleasure when I'm stressed and gotta admit I would be interested if it existed, but
    forbidden romance~ the 'no 1 can know bcs no 1 would accept it' type is just sooooooo good. Literally most of the smuttiest novels contain incest (in 1 form or another) but in reality? No f'in way, it's hypocritical and double-standarded sure but I could never accept it in reality.

Guess it depends rlly

efo likes this.
  15. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why is incest being put on the same level as pedophilia???

SoulZer0 and efo like this.
  16. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I avoid any anime that tries to make entertainment out of pedophilia. I cut off mfs that watch that shit too. I dont like pedo shit; simple as that.

Also inb4 some retarded mf says "its just cartoons, its not hurting anyone" or some shit.

I don't like the sexualization of minors drawn or real and I don't like incest because it's just wrong. I wont argue on this so go eat a dick.

This is a big reason why I will never watch moshoku or whatever tf its called.

efo likes this.
  17. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    i have not watched any of those nor have i ever watched the few i know of that really cross the lines.

efo likes this.
  18. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    And? We like anime even though the protagonist can murder people easily, such as code geass or gundam. People like game where they can easily murder people, such as GTA or skyrim.

A real world is different to a fantasy world. It's not like those who like incestous theme is like that in real life. It's not like those who like loli/shota like those in real life (some of the kids are just shitheads irl).

If murder is worse than those, then why people are just that indifferent to it in media?

efo likes this.
  19. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't differentiate reality and fiction?

I root for the evil guy in anime/manga/novel but I absolutely won't in real life. I don't even need to think, because I know what's wrong and what's not.

20. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haters gonna hate. :blobamused:

efo likes this.