Weird/ hilarious thing happened today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IceLight303, Dec 31, 2021.

1. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My nephew recently got into Naruto because his older relative (by about 5 years). My nephew told this older relative (who is not related to me), that I watch anime and had some cool figurines. This relative then says I'm only into anime because I'm trying to act young. :confusedcatblob:

This 12 or 14 year old is telling me something that I have liked since before he could talk (maybe don't know their age), is something only for young people now? :blobtriumph: My niece then pops in and says she agrees.:blobsleepless: my siblings were very helpful when I was pointing out how long I've watched anime and manga by saying they don't remember me ever watching them. :bloborz:

Long story short I convinced them that not only had I been watching anime/manga for a long time, I also tried to get all of my siblings children into it as well.

Has something you liked for a while suddenly becomes very popular and people accuse you of following a trend or trying to be something your not? Please share your experiences.

2. Keiko Ayano

Keiko Ayano Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tfw you did something first but someone else gets the credit.

IceLight303 and mir like this.
  3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Watching anime because you want to act young? Traumatise them with some fucked up anime then.

4. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    That's so weird, who do they think all the older anime were for? And the seinen/josei? Act like a superior elder by telling them about all the wonderful stories you know that they don't, because they're greenhorns!
    Inattentive siblings suck. If you don't remember, don't intervene.

mir and IceLight303 like this.
  5. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Cute. Hope they just watch the first seasons which i like wqy more

IceLight303 likes this.
  6. Obserwator

Obserwator [Gamer of Life] [Naturalist] [Universalist]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you were probably the first adult person they met who watched anime so they had some misconceptions about it. Good thing you made them aware that it's a little different than what they initially thought. And similar situation happens often - because it is very easy to have some faulty knowledge about any subject if we don't examine it deeply.

IceLight303 and mir like this.
  7. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    Show them your read/watched list, like myanimelist/mangaupdates. Then call them noobs/mainstream followers for recommending Naruto and show them older anime or anime for grown-ups.

If you can snatch their smartphone, send their family/ friends boku no pico:blobowoevil_horns: recommendation. :blobpopcorn_cool:

8. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not show them ultimate hellsing or even bakemonogatari, when they cry and Blood C:cookie::cookie::cookie: and more of gore anime.

Show them that anime isn't just for teenager!! :blobcat_hyper::blobhyperthink:

IceLight303 and sweed like this.
  9. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    Make them watch Berserk and laugh.

Sawanara murasaki likes this.