Recommendations Poly Relationship with no fighting

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Oxylime, Jan 1, 2022.

?

What is your preference? I won't judge.

1. Harem

15.0%
  2. Poly

65.0%
  3. Fake-bait Poly/Harem in-disguise

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None of the Above

15.0%
  5. All of the Above

5.0%
  1. Oxylime

Oxylime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Often poly relationships I come across will have two or more love interest know that both/all are in a relationship with the MC but still try to fight over their favour and love; isn't really a poly relationship and can go under the Harem tag. So please recommend novels/other media where they all agree to be in a relationship and do not fight over one another.

*MC and Love Interests can be of any gender. Can include Adult content.

fmriver likes this.
  2. poploc

poploc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know you say it doesn't matter but i still feel it's worth mentioning that both are bts fanfictions because i know some people don't like the idea of fanfic or the fact that it is fan fic on real people. The two are also little slow paced when it comes to that relationship dynamic .
    1. Seeking a friend for the end of the world-
    2. Lost Land
    3.House of Cards ( I haven't read this to the end yet so I'm not sure if they ended up all together)

Oxylime likes this.
  3. Uhoh_

Uhoh_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rupegia in ScribbleHub

Oxylime likes this.
  4. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rise of the Weakest Summoner (Scribblehub) Harem, but the girls don't seem disinterested in each other. Probably won't have any strictly girl-girl focus without the protagonist present.

Wisher Beware (Scribblehub) More poly than harem IMO since the girls actually do get together without MC, starts heavy on lewd scenes but has been trending away from them.

The Last Prayer (Royalroad) Naruto fanfic, has very long chapters (10k-15k words) but infrequent updates. They're calling it poly but has only been 1on1 scenes so far. Potential for up to 9 partners total with 3 tentative and 4 confirmed.

Personally don't really care for the type of relationship dynamic.

Oxylime likes this.
  5. Oxylime

Reading List:
    Link
    I am aware that AO3 has poly relationships, I have been exposed to many of my favourite ships through the site. I personally do not prefer RPF but is not offended by people who read or rec it. Thank you tho.

6. SerinaPark

SerinaPark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about a manhwa? There is one, they are really in peace with each other. A woman with three men. The title is Him & Him & Him. It's short but good and has smut.

Oxylime likes this.
  7. Oxylime

Reading List:
    Link
    That is actually in my TBR list, wasn't aware that it was poly tho thought it might be more harem based. Thx for the heads up.

SerinaPark likes this.
  8. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe:
    Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou!
    Chronicles of an Aristocrat Reborn in Another World – the Apostle of the Gods Who Know No Self-Restraint
    Goshujin-sama to Yuku Isekai Survival!

9. fmriver

fmriver Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say one that has a true poly relationship is in “The world of Otome game sis difficult for mobs”

Leon ‘the mob’, and more importantly the romance and genuine friendship that develops between Olivia and Angelica
    is unusual and particularly interesting to see in comparison with the in-world common reverse-harems created by female nobles and their slave/man servants that are completely transactional and superficial.

I think it’s more apparent in the written work than the manga though, and obviously there is competition with the story’s more shounen like elements, but it’s there.