Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Madyandshan

Madyandshan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a thought, what if Sidina ended up with Nirta. Lol that would be a funny/cute couple

sepheddy, Aliali, sahsh_00 and 2 others like this.
  2. shake65

shake65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would absolutely love this! She’s super sassy. She would be perfect for his wild personality

3. covertcookie

covertcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy new year guys! We got some brief info from Sangsu Q&A with the writer:

1. Re: Maxi's dress from the latest chapter:
    when asked if it will be too racy, the writer said that it's not explicitly revealing, but our lady has an *amazing* body.
    2. She plans to write a prequel for Quahel.
    3. When asked who would Riftan kill more between Sejour and Quahel if anyone expressed favor for Maxi, she said both. lmao
    4. Lombardo already has a family. He started a family while Maxi is away.
    5. Uslin has an abusive brother hence his reaction towards Maxi's abuse. He accidentally joined RDK, and it was against his family's wishes.
    6. Richt's mom is cold, and he has two younger sibs. He's not close to any of them, but he's close to the current king. He is also *not* fat but has a similar body type with Hebaron, but a little taller.
    7. As per the author, if Maxi will ask Riftan to let her go (suppose she falls out of love), he will let her go as he prioritizes her happiness over his.
    8. Sidina is from Balto. She thought Maxi was her age when she sat next to her on their first year and was shookth upon learning she's married. She also created a love fiction club in Nornui.
    9. Maxi is bad at dancing hahaha.
    10. The writer made me laugh at this:
    Q: "what kind of clothes does Maxi look prettiest in the eyes of Riftan?"
    A: *Riftan POV* "I'm sure you'll look pretty no matter what you wear, but when you're not wearing anything..."
    11. Elias and Rosettal use separate rooms.
    12. Maxi's quite famous ya'll. Our daughter's reputation is widespread particularly in Livadon. She's famous there.
    13. Gabel already offered his geth to the wife of RDK's former commander (who took care of him as a child). Yuri and Garrow have not yet offered their geths to anyone.
    14. Ruth likes easy-to-eat food and food that can be eaten while reading a book.
    15. The author refused to comment on Maxi's magic/golem formula (if destroyed). She also refused to comment if the couple will have children at the end.
    16. The writer has initial plans of writing several episodes of Anatol's daily life and comic episodes from the perspectives of other characters, including the spy of King Reuben.
    17. Knights can only get married if their lives are stable (has a land or property) except if they'll marry for an alliance.
    18. Maxi's favorite accessory is the coin necklace given by Riftan. She likes soup and fruits.
    19. Yuri is a Siberian husky (breed of dog that came to her mind when writing the character). Btw, he has long hair because he declared that he will not cut it until he wins against Hebaron.
    20. Uslin has a fiancee you guys!
    21. An Ethylene servant trimmed Riftan's bangs. He has been really busy while his wife was away.
    22. Ruth is not aware of Riftan's fantasy when he used illusion magic on him.
    23. Riftan has not yet heard the Red Lady song. But then he may not like it due to the trauma of the incident.
    24. If the Roem empire did not fall, there is a possibility that Maxi could have the title of empress.
    25. The author notes Boracay as the most memorable travel destination as she went there with a friend, and the sunset was cool.
    26. Elliott is two years younger than Riftan. Uslin is one year younger than Hebaron. Sidina is 20 years old. Richt is 32 years old. Gabel is one year younger than Riftan.
    27. Ruth thought Agnes was a boy when she was young (and his student) because she was skinny, dressed like one and has short hair.
    28. The Duke of Croix thought Riftan wished to offer his geth to Rosettal instead of Maxi.
    Source: twitter (from korean angel fans)

AplCina, mariannaxx, onyxes and 14 others like this.
  4. chiara.56

chiara.56 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Ska_D and Aliali like this.
  5. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for this! Appreciate it very much

Aliali likes this.
  6. Flyinghigh79

Flyinghigh79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know why, but her refusing to answer is giving me hope that they will have children. Please kim suji let our babies have babies!!!

7. the english writer

the english writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh this is brilliant, thank you so much!
    So much to say and think!
    1. From the Manta illustrations, Maxi absolutely has an amazing body!
    2. I love Quahel, so to hear he will have his own story is incredible! I cannot wait ❤
    5. In my mind, Uslin redeemed himself a long time ago. He is one of my favourite RDKs after Elliot Caron.
    7. I hope to goodness Maxi NEVER falls out of love with Riftan. I don't even want to think about this.
    10. I ❤ Maxi and Riftan. Their love in Book 1 was so beautiful as far as romantic fiction is concerned.
    11. Hum, interesting. I've read mixed reviews about Rosetta on this forum and personally I don't like her, despite what she might also have been through, she was still cruel to Maxi. She comes across as very cold and blames Maxi for her fate, which is horribly arrogant. Interesting to think she is just another pawn for the Duke and King Reuben.
    13. That's so lovely. Gabel ❤
    14. Ruth. A total hero ❤
    15. I really hope her refusal to comment means we might get our happy ending
    16. This is so exciting! It means I won't dread the end of Under the Oak Tree as much as I thought.
    20. Uslin's finance. I'm a little bit gutted although my heart belongs to Quahel ❤
    22. One of my hopes for the end of the novel is that Maxi finally knows that she is the very being that kept Riftan going through his hardest times.
    24. Never in doubt. Maxi is incredible x
    27. Interesting. We know very little about Agnes' past, or Ruth's. If Agnes isn't a baddie, then she is either in love with Maxi, or maybe Ruth??
    28. The Duke absolutely has to have an unpleasant sticky ending. He deserves nothing less.

acm, Aliali and Flyinghigh79 like this.
  8. smita.g

smita.g Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Long ago I read a spoiler, and mostly it was from this site where the author had said that Riftan and maxi would end up having 2-3 children and the book will have happy ending. That interview was before she took leave from writing.

9. shake65

Reading List:
    Link
    If the duke was to die, wouldn’t it be Maxi and Riftan who get his territory?!? This is out of genuine curiosity. That would give the most territory in whedon.

it could’nt go to Rosetta because she’s the youngest or would being to the royal family trump Riftan and Maxi?

Aliali likes this.
  10. Mrs_W

Mrs_W Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for this info, so nice of you! Is the interview only available in Korean or do you know of an English translation?

I’m not getting a good feeling of this upcoming banquet based on how the story has gone for Maxi until now. Kind of feel this will be the event to push her to go to WT even more. But I somehow feel she will never make it there, her road will take a turn willingly or unwillingly. Let’s see, I can’t wait for the next chapters!!

Ska_D, acm and Aliali like this.
  11. Aliali

Aliali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is such amazing info! Thank you so much!!! Who is Lombardo? I seriously cannot think of who that is right now. Also, will she talk about/expand upon Uslin's fiance or any of the other points, in upcoming chapters? A little bummed over Uslin, too, I must say. I wanted him to be one of the knights who secretly fell in love with maxi! (Even though nothing would come of it, of course).

12. arianacalacday

arianacalacday Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lombardo is a remdragon knight that accompanied riftan in the dragon expedition. He was not always mentioned. And also I think if there’s a knight that will secretly fall in love in maxi. I’m thinking its elliot or yurixion. Hebaron sometimes flirts with her too. Not knowing she’s been flirted. But I want her relationship to workout with riftan. I hope she wouldn’t fall out of love and ask for a divorce because in this state riftan wouldn’t give a second thought to spare her now. :(:( And its depressing

Ska_D and Aliali like this.
  13. shake65

Reading List:
    Link

Yeah! I remember him stating his plan about Rosetta’s children. I kind of thought maybe that wouldn’t happen, but like you said we don’t know where the author may take it. Yeah, I feel like she does want the children she’s just afraid she may miscarry again. With the route they’re going I’m not sure if we’re going to get kids. Thank you for responding!

Aliali likes this.
  14. arianacalacday

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes which is sad. He’s not possessive and passionate in book 2 like in book 1. But I’m thinking that if only maxi went home when riftan asks her to go back to anatol. There’s a chance that their relationship might be saved. And she wouldn’t get pressured to go back to the world tower for one year. But instead she threw a book in his face. I was angry at maxi that time. Before leaving the tower she pledge to herself that she will try hard to win his love back. Also when riftan tried to protect her from balto executioning she once again push him away saying thank you but I have job to do. Like for him he valued her more than his life but the more he tried to protect her the more she steps in danger like what will happen in the future now. I think that’s the final blow when riftan said that no matter how much he objected she will still do it anyway without hesitation. Which is why sometimes I cannot blame riftan on his attitude
    I know y’all for her development but I’m for wife material. And also she can still develop in other fields rather than wars. Like handling finances managing the castle where riftan won’t be anxious over her safety. And even without reading riftans pov. I think his obsessiveness for her safety is justifiable because she’s his wife and only family so of course he’ll do everything he can to protect her.

And to riftans perspective I think whatever she might achieve. Even if she saves the world as long as it is WAR related. He will NEVER ever be proud of her. And will NEVER appreciate her. Even if she saves him. He will NEVER acknowledge her.
    The only part he’s proud of her is when she drove rem so smooth. She was also very happy when he praised her. And she thought that joining the wars or sharing his world will make him proud of her even more. But she’s wrong on the part. That’s why everytime she tries to help him he always rejects her but gracefully accepting the help of other people.

acm, Hello5427, Aliali and 2 others like this.
  15. Fatosnger

Fatosnger New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw a question in the author's Q&A event. I used google translate. I'm not sure if it's true, but I want you to see it :)

Q: I'm sorry for the perverted question, but... While Maxi was away for the World Tower, has Riftan ever masturbated while thinking of Maxi...? Of course it must be...? I wonder if he can run into it... Is Riftan's patience so great...

A: Of course it is. Heh If you only look at the first part, you will not believe it, but surprisingly, he is a person with great patience and patience. There are also strong defense mechanisms in operation.

AplCina, Oaktreepainter and Aliali like this.
  16. arianacalacday

Reading List:
    Link
    So did he masturbated while maxi is away? :giggle:

17. the english writer

the english writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I've been re-reading parts of Book 1, and the chapters when Maxi was looking over the castle, preparing for winter and planning the garden, she appeared to be at her best. She was getting to know the RDK and developing her relationship with Ruth, and Riftan. She was so respected by everyone. I miss this part of her. I understand she wants to be close to Riftan all the time (why wouldn't she!) and becoming a wizard so she can do so, but the more chapters of Book 2 I read, I wonder whether any of the wars and her conflict with Riftan feels worth it. I wish there was a little more compromise on Maxi's side, it does sometimes seem to be all or nothing, so I do understand Riftan's pain at times, and I can see why it must feel to him that she doesn't love him. I don't think I've read anywhere that Maxi became a wizard to do something for herself, my understanding is it was always for Riftan and Anatol. I guess the difficulty in creating and developing Maxi as a character is that she is a 21st Century woman living in a medieval world.

18. Zeezoya

Zeezoya Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hey guys i want to ask a question i don’t know why but it makes me very confused is there a third book please someone answer me please as this is making me crazy :(:oops:

19. 91reader19

91reader19 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought Riftan clarified that he wanted to give it to the duke’s eldest daughter? Which is Max.

Ska_D, poppypop and neomisa like this.
  20. Aliali

Aliali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your response! Yes, I just want Maxi and Riftan to work out, too. It really is so depressing right now. Yes, I would definitely think that Yuri has a strong crush on Maxi - he is so cute!!!
    Also Elliott, Quahel, and maybe Ruth? Hebaron flirts with anything that moves, I think, lol. Hebaron is definitely very fond of Maxi, though, and thinks that she is so cute and so amazing with her abilities - he is the great, supportive older brother that she never had. I love him. He is 1 of my favorites along with Yuri & Elliott.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022