Is Lord of the Mysteries Deep?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by sleepycaptions, Dec 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Occulus

Occulus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...yes? That's like saying a detective story isn't puzzling if you've read it already and know who the murderer was or a thriller novel isn't thrilling anymore since you've read it and already know the plot

Delerator likes this.
  2. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The start is slow, but the plot interweaves all that into an awesome ending for the arc around ch 200. After that, the story becomes normal-paced, I guess. No heartfelt messages or all that. However, the ending to the first arc is emotional. As for why the novel is revered, it's a novel with an excellent, consistent, and interesting power system, some great characters, and a good story. I found the second part of the novel lacking though.

sleepycaptions likes this.
  3. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep going until you reach chapter 213, you will not see "THAT" coming at all. The beginning of lotm is slow, I lost count how many times I fell asleep before I reached chapter 165 when things started to get serious.

What makes lotm unique for me is that every volumes have ending and conclusion, it made me feel like I was reading real books instead of webnovel. It's not perfect of course, hell I even made a very bad review about it to the point I was "attacked" and reported for posting "fairy tales" on review lol. Fanboys are scary lol.

The storyline is awesome, probably the best among CN here, and the lore is amazing.

Character development is almost non-existent imho. Of course there are some characters that had some character development although everyone were not supposed to have some character development due to one stupid law. But well that's webnovel for you. You can't have a webnovel without plotholes.

Alger and amon are the best characters period, and Audrey is the worst. As for klein, ugh I have a mixed feelings about him.

Thank god amon will be returning in the sequel.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    sleepycaptions likes this.