Discussion Anime target audience

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Jojo775, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't it be great if most anime wasn't aimed at teens but at 20+ audience without all being too serious?
    If it's for adults, then younger audience will still like it but if it's for teens then most will watch anime for a few years then move on when they get sick of shounen and tropes. Why not anime forever?
    Even the Trash Taste guys, an "anime" podcast basically admited they don't watch anime anymore or much less than they used to.

Oh you're wondering how I came with this idea? I'm a genius.

2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah it's fine.

3. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just keep re-watching Gintama.

4. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't follow a necro, I don't even like Gintama so go away.

5. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Make me.

6. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    Why should anime companies change their target audiences? Teens have more free time and can spend money on anime stuff without thinking than those who must work to death and pay for bills and debts every month. Also, adults can watch anime for teens, but the opposite is hard to say. Can a teen enjoy watching and understanding anime for adults such as Perfect Blue?

Besides, many 20+ audiences love the accounts that hold their digital games and films than anime only.

7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I reported the bot who necroed the thread but mod only deleted its comment instead of locking. Eh it's fine, since you're the first to actually have something relevant to say and it's true. Think about this though, I enjoyed LOTR when it came out as much as I do now, why can't more anime be like that?

8. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    :confusedcatblob: LOTR is a novel series for children, and the movie series is PG-13 because of violent scenes. I didn't watch the animation, but I think it rated E.

You should find anime/animations for teens, but adults can watch. Not all adults can watch anime that tagged josei or seinen because of their mature theme, though.

9. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    Necro occurs after reviving a thread that's been dead more than three months...

@ the topic: Isn't there plenty anime targeted at older audiences? It's called Seinen and Josei.

10. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean like animes with main characters that are college or older aged but still has that 'fun high school vibe' going on
    I guess I can understand that, because most josei and seinen have that melancholic/ philosophical thing going on that im not into all the time

Jojo775 likes this.
  11. RavenWolf1

RavenWolf1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have watched anime a long time. I'm middle aged and I really love high school themed anime. Maybe it is something like wanting to be young again? Why would I want to watch some old dudes trying to be cool again like some The Expendables? And not every anime is shounen. If you don't want to watch shounen, luckly there are plenty of other options like 86, Made in Abyss, Hamefura, The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Bookworm etc.

Jojo775 likes this.