Question why do i drop these novels?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ColdKarma, Jan 3, 2022.

?

do you also drop novels that you enjoy?

1. yes

63.8%
  2. no

36.2%
  1. ColdKarma

ColdKarma Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whenever I find a long novel that I actually like I normally read around 100 and then I drop them.
    then the cycle starts again. I don't know why I do it, its not because I do not enjoy them. at this point its become almost subconscious. Does this also happen with you? Maybe I'm just weird.

ChocolatChan, Has and boredhood385 like this.
  2. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are so many novels out there than if a novel is just 'Meh' then it is not worth it to continue reading. I often read a novel for a day and only continue if I still want to read it the next day.

LastEnD likes this.
  3. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't drop novels that I like, it's more like I become disinterested with the story and don't really look for updates anymore.

Eventually I've fallen so far behind that it feels daunting to catch back up and I feel it'd be better to just restart. That can lead to a few different outcomes.
    A) Reading through it sparks my memory enough and I jump back to where I left off
    B) Reading through it sparks my memory enough but I still don't feel interested and drop it again
    C) It's sold to Amazon and I remove it from my lists

4. msbwhy

msbwhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't drop them if I enjoy reading them :hmm: well sometimes I do pause for a while when I feel bored, ditch them while finding new novels (happened many times :blob_grin:) and pick them up again when I feel like it/if I remember. That's why I have tons of opened tabs in my Chrome :sweating_profusely:

5. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I often find myself reading the whole novel and when I’m around 100 chapters away from the end my interest in the novel wanes

6. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be what originally grabbed your interest got overused, forgotten, or simply no longer interested you after a hundred chapters.
    If the novel had reviews, it could be good to read them beforehand to see if there's something that would make you tired of the novel or dislike it later.
    I also had a situation where I read a novel a few years ago, thought it was interesting, but now thought it wasn't interesting anymore because a lot of other newer/better novels fill the same niche, so there was no motivation to continue reading.

boredhood385 and Kyaaaaaaaaa like this.
  7. Darnest7

Darnest7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only temporarily drop. If I enjoyed it, I will pick up again while chapters get updated. If it was meh, will still prob pick up again. Will only permenantly drop when I am more aggravated than anything by main f/m. Or if it is insanely repetitive with "woe is me", lack of growth, and same dumbass antagonist that is still alive for some reason.. I read a lot of historical lol

8. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I do that sometimes, because I read a lot of novels at once, and sometimes one falls through.

9. Haniyeh

Haniyeh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have done it many times. There was this fun Shoujo manga I was reading, but it dragged on and on until I'm old enough to not read Shoujo anymore.
    And sometimes it happens because of irregular updates or bad translation. English is not my first language so when the story is full of errors, it becomes tiring to read. So I do myself a favor and stop reading althogheter.

10. QueenofCheshires

QueenofCheshires BXG QT Enthusiast (´∩。• ᵕ •。∩`)

Reading List:
    Link
    I've got this severe case of enjoying romance stories and dropping the story once the main leads get together. That's why i stick to QTs because they pan quickly. Plus, waiting for updates are very taxing, especially when they don't update for 5 months thus i Ultimately forget abt it unless i see it again. i also drop stories when one of the leads makes a very st*pid and embarrassing move that i would ruin the entire story for me.

Iruma666 likes this.
  11. eskarleh

eskarleh i'm tired

Reading List:
    Link
    for me it's because when I first read the novel it was what I was craving for and then I suddenly lose that craving for that certain type of plot and drop it despite how good it was and how much I enjoyed it

12. CrunchyBunny

CrunchyBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never drop the story when I enjoy to read that. Cause why you dropped that if you enjoy to read? It means you like the story. And sometimes I like to re-read again the story when i feel bored

13. Uygnis

Uygnis New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    happens too frequently, i feel you

14. Generic.Archdemon

Generic.Archdemon Bleh~ too lazy

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of stories loses momentum after a while.

trying_out likes this.
  15. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not new anymore and you have other things vying for your attention.

AliceShiki likes this.
  16. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you just dont like long stories or filler even.
    And you dont really care about the ending of those novels.
    You want to pick them up again, but once its on onhold list you wont even look at them anymore cause it feels like a chore continueing from where you left off.
    For me, it happens when theres a long hiatus or a very long update schedule.

17. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I try to finish them unless it's uninteresting I wouldnt bother to pick it up again.

18. tommyhunz

tommyhunz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll only drop a novel if there are little to no translations and I'll go back when it's nearing complete, or if the story follows a repeating routine that the MC doesn't learn from

19. Aribeth

Aribeth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I drop a novel that I enjoyed if:
    1. Translation quality starts going downhill
    2. The author adds some mechanics that ruins the story for me.
    3. If any character that I am emotionally invested in dies.
    I have a tendency to read a novel once enough chapters are available, instead of following it weekly.

20. Deleted member 25261

Deleted member 25261 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, some times i drop because lost interest, but that is a lot less common because i enjoy long novels and i'm really picky