LCD The Regressed Demon Lord is Kind

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Blitz, Jun 26, 2021.

1. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, he's literally been brute forcing his way through everything, yet he's too weak? kek. that said. I hope he starts doing some power denial type stuff to glen. like, we all know glen's expecting to get powered up in this place, whether it was by the lake's tear or the fire tree, I am hoping zich snatches that or somehow gets it given to one of his party members. operation powerc**k (don't know if this word is considered bad here) glen commence.

ReMark and dysforia like this.
  2. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps Windur actually is a branch, from another of the super trees, or a master tree above them. One tree to rule them all, lol.

ReMark likes this.
  3. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that is what you call a plot twist. I guess the author is going for the Hero and the Demon Lord fell in love with each other plotline. Perhaps Zich and Lyla meeting in Violuwin was a reenactment of what happened in the original timeline.

ReMark likes this.
  4. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok, this burn was hilarious

Lyla has been corrupted.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    ReMark and lunarshadow like this.
  5. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's amazing how the author is showing a lot of cliche but not overusing it.. rather, it's used in the plot in the most twisted but entertaining way.

ReMark likes this.
  6. yushiro

yushiro Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's getting boring. Skipping some phrases and I still understand what's going on

7. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lyla is going to be the one who will say Zich's cathphrase by the end of this arc, isn't she? To highlight that her corruption was completed. lol

ReMark and lunarshadow like this.
  8. Keene

Keene Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really enjoying this dynamic with with new trainee mage. Super interested in what and/or who is preventing her mana from manifesting.

9. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm betting on it being her father. Could also be her grandfather, but I think he's just trying to avoid her feeling more pain. Glenn targets insecure, talented women. Glenn and his group has been shown to orcustrate those insecurities (lake's tear, the fishheads, Browning being told to focus on the shield rather than the sword, etc). In the original timeline, they probably find out it was one of relatives doing that to her and Glenn became a pillar of support for her by "saving" her.

ReMark likes this.
  10. Keene

Keene Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think the reason Glenn is doing what he's doing? They've hinted he's live through the cycle hundreds of times and it seems sometimes Zich is a hero, sometimes a demon lord etc. It's like Glenn is trying to find the perfect combination of events and people for some purpose. Is he working for someone else or is he the head of the robed figures? He didn't remember what he said to Zich said to him at the end of the last cycle so it appears (with Lyla as evidence) that retaining memories isn't consistent between cycles.

11. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    we don't have much to go off of here. Glenn not remembering could be because it was Zich (using the key) who reversed time and not Glenn. I don't remember if this was ever clarified but I wonder if Glenn even has active control over the time loop. he could be trapped in it too and trying to figure out the perfect scenario that would both lead to him being the hero adored by all and that would break the loop. If he does have control over it, it could be that even depriving Zich of his hero status wasn't enough to stop him from being an obstacle and it took this many timelines to collect the plot armor necessary to defeat him.

ReMark likes this.
  12. uchiru

uchiru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's just an overpowered hero-wannabe. This can be inferred from the fact despite having multiple regressions his mind didn't gain maturity despite numerous experience as he didn't have the ability to cope with the suddenly changed future due to Zich. There are even spies among his subordinates as there is another big boss who actually use future info wise using Layla. You don't have to think too much, Glenn really is just some OP narcissistic small-time villain who's goal is become a hero revered by all. He even got mad just because Hans is being called Sun Hero which should have been his title. It's either Glenn is natural blessed with regression ability or he is nothing but a vessel of experiment of the ancient empire like Layla but more complete? I guess.

ReMark likes this.
  13. Epythymy

Epythymy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels like author is out of steam in the latest chapters.

Elven war arc was a major letdown. Antagonist was really just a brainless cockroach who could be killed at any time but author's plot armor saved him till the very end. This king was a stupid retard with nasty personality. I was wondering why his people were listening to him during the whole arc.

Lyla's plot twist feels somewhat unnecessary too. It was here simply for the sake of it. No real impact on the story.

Also, I think Glenn's ability isn't a regression but retaining his memory instead. I remember Lyla mentioned it before that at times it was Zich who won their battle and at times Glenn. So it's irrelevant who dies first and the story will still go on.

The real question is what's really going on with this world? Even if one of them wins why regression keeps happening? It's more like the world keeps resetting itself after some major catastrophe isn't prevented in the distant future. Questions about small scale villains like Glenn don't help the story's progression all that much anymore.

And there should be a problem with Glenn's timeline too. This robed organization is too strong and huge. As if it's not enough most of its members are complete nutjobs. Current Glenn is too weak to create and control something like that in a world without global communication. Even if he relied on his identity as a prophet since the moment he left his mother's womb it's still not enough to create something like that in a world where strength is all that matters most of the time.

I hope next arc wouldn't be so bad.

14. cristofer ozias

cristofer ozias Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that Glenn is a regressor since in that world there are skills but they do not explain them well.

In addition, lyla does not see the future, she only dreams of the past regressions that gleen caused, which is why it is Lyla who is capable of retaining memory although she is not perfect.

In my opinion I think that gleen has the ability to regress and reboots the world until he is the perfect hero because when he killed Zich and he gave him a wound before he died he said "What! This ... is not ... pos ... finally. Here ... this time ... perfect ...! "which makes me think he won't stop until he's the perfect hero.

The organization already existed only that gleen with the many regrets of him convinced them to "work with him and not for him" and I think they are looking for lyla because she has some kind of power over time that she ignores due to her amnesia .

ReMark likes this.
  15. Keene

Keene Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From 237:

“But the master doesn’t seem to like that.”

“Well, it’s pretty well known that he doesn’t like Elena Dwayne studying magic.”

“Yeah, and compared to him, Sir Orland Dwayne has always been supportive of Elena Dwayne’s magic education.”

I'm calling it now. This is a huge jebait and Orland is going to turn out to be the one involved with the robed figures and the antagonistic grandfather will be the innocent one who truly wants what's best for Elena.

ReMark likes this.
  16. Generic.Archdemon

Generic.Archdemon Bleh~ too lazy

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a really good story, I am really enjoying it.

ReMark likes this.
  17. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The new site theme is terrible

Arbelbyss and Neiden like this.
  18. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it. Has a more modern aesthetic to it.

19. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    the need to load text separate from the site loading is killing my old unit, and now I can't access the site on the vita which I could before.

20. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    I am surprised to know another Vita owner.

Anyways it's kind of not the point of this thread.

I thought the dad was siphoning mana and it could still be just that it's unrelated to the robed figures... Or the roped figures are working with both him and jaewick. Or jaewick is unrelated and just a scrub

ReMark likes this.