Discussion Do you have any piercings?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Tired, Jan 4, 2022.

?

Do you have a piercing?

1. Yup! Just one.

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Nope.

36 vote(s)
    72.0%
  3. More than one.

12 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to have an earing but I never put it back in, and over the years, it closed.
    I was thinking of getting another but I'm not sure what I'd do. (I'm really unsure about face piercings..hmmm)

My ma (when she was in high school) once told me that she used to have a tongue piercing and I wanted one too. Then she told me she got in a fight and it got caught on her tooth or whatever and ripped out...and I was scared to even think of getting one. :blobdead: I also heard they're harder to take care of (?) I don't know a lot about piercings too well.

But now I'm curious how many people have piercings, and what kinds too. :blobpeek: Are there any unusual piercing-wearers here?

One Perfect Veteran likes this.
  2. Rilise

Rilise Aestivating

Reading List:
    Link
    Count me out, my ear piercings are too ordinary. I don't even remember how I got it since it was done when I was a baby.

Fulminata, Mr. Tired and AliceShiki like this.
  3. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, its too scary and i think it doesn't have any other useful function other than "for unique appearance only"

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Piercings only help if they're out the way and don't cause any demerits to appearance. A lot of piercings can also be seen as a weakness as in if one pulls at the area of a piercings it can cause a lot of damage especially if someone targets those areas and I don't think you want a piece of you to be torn off.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    no:blobninja:

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. Bobasis

Bobasis Weeeeee

Reading List:
    Link
    I have ear piercings and that’s all. I don’t really like piercings except for ear one side

Mr. Tired likes this.
  7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Nonono. I have a jacob's ladder, and people can climb it to the apex. :blobpeek:

8. ellie357

ellie357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i used to have a conch piercing (ear) but i didnt realize the length for healing was so long (which makes sense, because its cartilage) so i took it out and couldnt get another one in lol. its the part above the earlobe that doesnt have super thick cartilage and it was nice because other piercings, particularly the tragus (the little nub just above your ear hole) hurt when you sleep on your side, which i do. i also had a septum piercing but that was right before covid hit, and i THINK having the mask on everyday kinda made it a little gross and it got infected. before getting the conch piercing though, i never really saw the appeal until i started actually wearing jewellery; it makes you look so much more glamorous and fancy imo. if your piercing closed and you want to get it pierced again, rub your finger over the lobe because my little sister had scar tissue and was advised against re-piercing them in the same spot, because there is a higher chance of infection. i say if you have the urge (and the cash) go for it! if you dont like it, you can always take it out also

9. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have any piercings, but I do think they look cool.
    What about a prince albert piercing? It's not in the face.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  10. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to have piercings in the past but I removed it after 6 months, I guess? And up till now, the holes are closed..

11. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was a kid, I asked my mother for permission to have piercings like Yahiko from Naruto. My mom refused :(

12. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I just have normal ear piercings. When I was in the hospital, I was really worried my holes would close up, but fortunately they didn’t. :blobsweat: I got my piercings after my wisdom teeth were removed at 17. My mom felt so sorry for me lying there, she okayed it.

13. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to have around 7-8 piercings, but sadly I couldn’t wear them due to it being against the dress code so it all closed. Now I just have 2 piercings.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, not at all. I always found them to be disgusting tbh... >.>

Mr. Tired likes this.
  15. dingdongkingkong

dingdongkingkong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have one in my left ear cuz it looks dope

16. MoJo

MoJo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have ear piercings but I have a reaction to most metals and the irritation means I only put in my earrings in once a blue moon to prevent them from closing up. This is mainly so that every five years or so I can wear them at a wedding or such.

17. Scyphoza

Scyphoza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had 6. 3 8 Gage in each ear when i was a teenager. i took them out years ago when i joined the marines and never got them pierced again when i got out.
    On a related note one of them got infected and i had to take it out and when it healed and i put it back in i found out i can keloid. that's when the scar tissue never stops growing and i had to have the lump surgically removed 3 times before it stopped. so thats the main reason i never got them pierced again otherwise i miss them.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  18. Agentt

Agentt Loves cats and pats and my wife

Reading List:
    Link
    *flicks forehead*
    I don't allow it!

19. CadmarLegend

CadmarLegend one and a two and a bing bang boo!

Reading List:
    Link
    I do have my ears pierced, but only cuz my parents pierced them as a child, very similar to what @Rilise said. I sometimes place in an earring that my sister left (maybe I stole it from her, who knows? :blobneet:) to keep them unsealed, but I don't wear them publicly.

My parents, after getting my ears pierced later let me lose my earrings, and thus, I never got another again. Well, I could get then now, but I don't wanna spend money on stuff at the moment... besides, I haven't really seen that many dudes wearing earrings around me so I guess I just got into the habit of not really wanting an earring either way.

Baldingere likes this.
  20. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep forgetting that some parents choose to have their baby's ear pierced. Even though I've known of it most of my life, I still find it a smidgen odd.
    Do you still have them?
    You gotta have a friend by your side in a fight so you can say "Hold my earings!" before beating someone up. :blobpopcorn_cool:
    :blobhyperthink: NO. I appreciate the suggestion though.

Baldingere and Kuroguma like this.