Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Marunalu

Marunalu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To bad we didnt get a reaction of sir leon seeing maxi in that dress. Would have love to see if our favorite cold as ice priest, still had managed not to lose his stony composure for once. I think it was good that it was sir aren who did go with maxi and not him. Seeing maxi with sir leon would have made riftan explode of jealousy right on the spot :D

2. Bluecattea

Bluecattea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, Anatol is still standing, right? :eek:

marucalypse and shake65 like this.
  3. Marunalu

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Im pretty sure riftan and co wouldnt attend a party if their home would have been invaded or destroyed. Despite the looming danger riftan and co still seem pretty chill. Uslyn more or less confirmed that maxi is in danger and that makes me think while uslyn watched over anatol he found out something concerning maxis safety and rushed to meet with riftan. It should be pretty obvious to everyone of them that richt has set his eyes on maxi. If I remember correctly he called her his “future queen“ or was it princess? :hmm: what if the plot twist is that not richt wants maxi for himself but that north king??? :eek:

4. Galaxia_Sama

Galaxia_Sama Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I change my mind. If I were Riftan my petty ass would steal Aren’s room. What he gonna do about it?

5. shake65

shake65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end of the day she is the closest to have been an empress of the roem empire. Closer than even her sister Rosetta. Also, didn’t Uslin go to Balto to help free those ships that got seized, maybe he learned news while he was passing by for that task.

6. Marunalu

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah thats what I think too. And please correct me if Im wrong but gabel is still at anatol right? So Im pretty sure if something happened to anatol and the people there, espicially comrades like gabel, hebaron wouldnt just stand around doing nothing but trying to give his boss tips in love.

7. tallnerd

tallnerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love you for this hahhahahaha
    And I knew that KSJ would not let us down. To this chapter i really lost fate at Riftan and their relationship. And im kinda still mad that Maxi has to do something like this to pull him toward herself. However, i am glad that this happened. And i would like to thank KSJ for giving us a charachter like Haberon Nirta. Only man that makes sense and speaks the absolute truth. I think lot of the other knights agree with him but as we read in the first book Riftan says that either Nirta or Ruth would go against my word and do stuff. Only man with balls ladies and gentelman. Praises to our orange daddy.

8. rose_petals

rose_petals Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    even though I do want her to become a high ranking wizard, she's happier with Riftan. I hope they talk and he tells her why he's been so cold towards her. I'm kinda nervous because we don't know what will happen with the upcoming war and that Richt bastard, i just hope we really get the happy ending the author promised us :(

9. shake65

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah! I think he was patrolling the mines or something of that nature. Someone is there just in case something happens.

Marunalu likes this.
  10. Lizaa

Lizaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone who has read the latest chapter in ridi
    Books can tell me if richt bleston appears in yesterday's chapter, and what uslin riftan and hebaron were talking about before maxi arrive to the banquet
    ? Thanks in advance
    ....From what i remember richt bleston call maxi my princess (after riftan leave for the monster city and max was worried for him and she was alone he appeared) he talked about the roem and how the peace of the 7 kingdom agreement will break and roem empire will comeback to its glory he talk about the wigru legend and how wigru reunited the 7 kingdoms and that riftan was just an imitation that he might be the real wigru lol maxi made fun of him telling him he would never be riftan calypse and i think bleston got mad and left told her we will see .... when he find out maxi was alive in book two he seemed happy? Like it was good news he thought she was dead after what happened in ethylene and seeing riftan a mess... after riftan leaves for the moanter city and didn't come back ricth didn't want to follow riftan plan and said they fail and maybe he is dead is like he want riftan plan to infiltrate to the monster citi to be a fail ,i dont like him everybody may think maxi is in danger but i think riftan might be the first target to get to maxi they have to get rid of him i dont know....hope riftan tell maxi what going on ,the only think revealed until know is balto trying to break the 7 kingdom peace treat

maybe but that's not convenient for king rueben like if there is a chance to gain more power and land would he stay still? Also his daughter in law also has roem blood too right? He can keep the line of power now with his grandson He wouldn't like maxi in the picture,maybe thats why he marry off his son to rosetta even thou he dont like the duke maxi being in the wt actually would benefit him the most , and having the best knight by his side is the best thing for him

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  11. tallnerd

tallnerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG GİRLLSSS GÖRRLLSS. What if.. And hear me out. Richt Bleston and Duke Croix were in cahoots. This is a midevel writing right. If Riftan were to be gone Maxi's father would be the one to have rights over Maxi, without a child. And who else hate Riftan more than Duke of Croix. OMG OMG and with Richt's plans to bring back Roem empire the key is Maxi... Omg.. and if riffy were to get out of the way the two shitheads would try to use Maxi. Because in my opinion the danger that makes riftan act that way is very close to Maxi personally. Uslin was relived after seeing her. Like someone who came running to bang the doors of their captain to tell them the most importante thing for him ( which is Maxi) he seems relived after seeing her safe and sound. Thats why he was desparate to find and tell Riftan what he knows, making sure that they know the danger that lies ahead. If you ask why Duke even related. Because an ending like this to such a charchter ( walking out of a courtroom and politically challenged) is not a finished story , thats what i think anyway.

12. shake65

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you! It would have worked out better for him if Maxi was a boy and married the princess. Yeah Rosetta is Roem Bloodline but I believe Maxi is closer. The author even said she may have been an empress in the q&a she provided. I believe Maxi’s mom was a closer descendant to the thrown. Rosetta’s mother was her cousin. Maxi would be closer in line to the throne if I’m not mistaken. That can definitely pose a big threat to the King! Good point.

Yes yes… I’m feeling this scenario?!? I can believe those bastard are in cahoots. I can add to you claim. Remember, after Riftan removed his declaration of War on the Duchy. Riftan had spy’s watching Evil papa Croyso. He could still be spying on him and maybe a spy brought back intel.

13. YesA17

YesA17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was searching for the account desperately

chiara.56, sahej and 321Hussain like this.
  14. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah you’re right. Maxi’s mom, Aryan Roem Gorta, is not just closer to the throne, she’s a direct descendant. Rosetta’s mom is just Aryan’s cousin (distant actually) since she has not even been named in the novel, I think.

Lola_Neres and shake65 like this.
  15. arianacalacday

arianacalacday Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish we got to know maxis mom. She must be an angel married to an ugly duke. Poor aryan tortured to have a baby boy until death. But at least we have maxi.

sepheddy, Lola_Neres and shake65 like this.
  16. Riftyriftmaxximax

Riftyriftmaxximax New Member

Reading List:
    Link

I knew .. but she didn't post the latest update yet ..and I'm afraid to share the link coz somebody reported her that's why the story was erased.

17. shake65

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes yes… I’m feeling this scenario?!? I can believe those bastard are in cahoots. I can add to you claim. Remember, after Riftan removed his declaration of War on the Duchy. Riftan had s
    oh!! I understand what you’re saying now! Yes that makes sense. I’m not sure, based on all the spoilers I don’t believe he was mentioned just yet.

Thank you, I thought so!

18. gorblegorb

gorblegorb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so I just found the chapter (Book 2, ch 98) you mentioned. I am trying to not distribute KSJ's work, but spoiler attached for lit review purposes. I tried to limit it to only what is essential, though because I don't speak Korean I felt the need to include direct quotes in the case my interpretation is off.
    **If you have not purchased the mahwa, ridi books, or web novel official versions, please consider it. Ridibooks is super inexpensive. There is really little excuse (in my opinion) for not purchasing.**

Context: its the middle of the second war, Riftan is in the monster city and Max has not heard from him. Alex just got executed by Kuahel. Richt approaches Max.

"Hey, our High Majesty the Princess, you are a very fearsome person." He mumbled mockingly. Max looked at him with bitter eyes.

"I am... I'm not your princess. Don't be foolish."

"After this war is over, someday, maybe it will be."

"Hey, what does that mean?"

"Do you think a peace treaty can be maintained even after this war is over? ... The Seven Kingdoms Peace Agreement was created to fight against the sudden proliferation of demons. In short, if the number of monsters decreases, the reason for its existence disappears."

"No, that's absurd. No, it's gauranteed to happen... !"

"At the beginning, a peace treaty was not for real peace. it was created by the kinds of each country to protect their power. The lords of the Seven Kingdoms have used the cause of peace to eliminate the revel forces and suppress the resistance of the lords. Nevertheless, the conflict did not end on this land."

An uneasy smile suddenly appeared on his lips.

"But even an imaginary peace will someday come to an end. The conquerors, oppressed in the name of a peace treaty, will rise up to recreate the glory of Roem. Only then will the myth of the true Uigru be resurrected on this earth."

A strange aspiration flashed in the man's red eyes. He continued speaking as if possessed.

"Uigru is a hero who united the Seven Kingdoms. But it is deplorable that the forces blocking the birth of the Empire are tarnishing his name. The more I think about those fakes, the more my anger grows."

Then he threw a provocative gaze at her.

"The best part of all is your mongrel husband. ... It won't be long before that mixed race bastard defiles Uigru's name. When the monster subjugation is over, the peace treaty will be broken and the true empire myth
    [not sure how that should be translated] will begin again."

Maxi asks if he means the character from the myth, and says it will never happen in Richt's lifetime, because he will never be able to outrun Riftan Calypse.

Then he spoke ominously slowly. "You will know where to put it."

Seems like Richt's on some weird prophecy sh*t. Maybe what the wizards find out about the warlocks will prove to play a key role in the upcoming conflicts, as I doubt Balto/Alex/Catholic Church have access to what they know. Perhaps even if Max goes back to the WT, she will end up back on the continent because of her magic abilities/knowledge (golems), and Riftan will once again realize he will never succeed in keeping her out of harms way unless she is by his side.

Perhaps Richt sees himself as the true incarnation of Uigru? Or its a "racial purity" thing? Big facism vibes if you ask me. Especially the part where he says "The conquerors, oppressed in the name of a peace treaty, will rise up to recreate the glory of Roem." Sounds like make-[insert country]-great-again, which is a key facist ideology across the globe in contemporary times.

I think the theory about the Duke being in cahoots with Richt makes sense, especially if it gives Croix the option to gain power and get revenge. Though, the Duke was really interested in marrying Rosetta to the royal Ruben line. And he only wanted Maxi's mom's Roem blood for land purposes. Unless he is motivated purely by rage, I doubt the Duke is fully trusting of Balto, a) because Richt sounds like he's repeating a pipe dream, and b) because it would assumedly be in the interests of the rest of the kingdoms to not let Balto take over.

19. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huhu that will be a huge problem. If I’m not mistaken, Catholic Church is very much against wizards/ taboo magic. So Riftan’s going to be in big trouble because of what Ruth did to him. he may be prosecuted later in the story/7 peace treaty war arc blah blah.

shake65 likes this.
  20. shake65

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey Circling back with you. Richt was there. It seems that Riftan is keeping an eye on him. Richt was talking to a priest and Riftan was curious as to who the priest was because he asked Uslin if he knew who the priest was. I hope this clarifies your curiosity
    ooooh!!! Great point! I didn’t even think of that!