Mafia Omnifarious FM - TOWN VICTORY

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Zone Q11, Jan 4, 2022.

Tags:
  1. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya~ good afternoon~

Not in the mood to reread rn so i'll just reply to the ones that quoted me first.
    I didnt say they were w/w with each other.
    They are just my top suspect. I'm still picking up the person of interest first before looking at their links.
    I was the one you quoted and you didnt mention anyone specific, so i assumed you wanted mine.
    In the case where joker and lissi is the top 2 suspect, AND i have to choose who to lynch. Yes. I would gun down joker.
    Where did you get to say that joker is 'town' in this situation? And from where did you decide lissi is mafia?

2. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate this post with a fiery passion and want to nuke Cream from space for it.

3. trisscar

trisscar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall attempt to actually read what I wrote first this time, wheeeeeee.

Cream's been fill posting for whatever reason and is being kinda... abrasive it sounds like?
    I need to go read Gon again, but what I recall in an apparently addled state is a lot of "why is this your response".
    Wake's doing damn good, I wanna see if they'll keep it up.
    So like.....
    ....Why is Elim or Kill marry or kiss...?
    Wake Doc, Day Vig Cream if day is the mod or night vig Gon if night is the mod, fill for Elim

4. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean... She also sorta defines a style of play/analysis that most people can't manage and it's cool. Haven't paid much attention to her play in a while, but when I last was seeing her around like a year or two before One Flew Over the Mafia (I mean OFTM, whatever the hell that game was called), she was impressive. Not necessarily terrifying, but impressive.

5. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link

6. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww it didn't flip the order correctly.

7. trisscar

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooo, I somehow thought that Joker was in your maf reads. I apparently need to spend time not thinking about anything linked or complex for a while. XD

8. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    Soulbond, Auras, Banding, Phasing, Humility...

9. trisscar

Reading List:
    Link
    Uggggghh yes, though tbf I don't think I've gotten Colosseum to do it either without manual control.

....I can't quote your post of quotes because it comes up blank, dangit Osie. XD
    Last post tonight fuck.
    Wake is mirroring what I usually see when they have other things to do for a while when game starts, and then they come in swinging, yet to see that while they're maf to the best of my recall.

10. trisscar

Reading List:
    Link
    What you mean you don't want ALL of them at once? Let's make a keyword for that too!

Actually stopping for hte night now. XD

11. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    You are misinterpreting my argument. Let me more explicitly lay it out.

I. I think that people can be triggered by accusations.
    II. These accussations do not need to take the same shape or form in order to evoke a defensive response.

You misconstrue my argument by saying:
    I. Accusations of any shape or form, and from any accuser will evoke a defensive response.

A more accurate interpretation of my argument would be:
    I. Accusations that evoke defensive responses take many different shapes or forms.

To give a corollary:

It would be like if I said:

I. An action doesn't need to take the same shape or form in order to do good.

A misinterpretation of my argument would be:
    I. Actions of all shapes and forms are good.

A more accurate interpretation would be:
    I. Actions that do good do not need to all take the same shape or form.
    - Helping your elderly neighbor mow the lawn, or volunteering at a charity, or becoming a mentor for an underprivileged child are all actions that take different shapes and forms, yet all do good.

- Yet not all actions do good. Tripping your neighbor so that they slip on the sidewalk isn't good. Etc, etc.

Circling back:
    Accusations that evoke defensive responses take many different shapes or forms.
    - It can be like Tiggerbane namecalling Lissi as Scummi Lissi.
    - It can be like Zone making baseless accusations.
    - It can be like me being incessant with my accusations for a rather long period.

===
    1. It's not about the convincing. I asked if you thought I would have a problem generating reads when I'm not town. I asked this because you accused me of lacking confidence in faking reads. I was asking you to reevaluate whether I really would lack confidence.

12. WakeMeUp

WakeMeUp New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Page 38, I had to stop for now because I have to work
    I will @ you with my takes for everyone once I can make a reads list

13. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    What's SBPC?
    Also you might be right about certain degree of familiarity part. Since i do openly give out to the people that never played with me an introduction or warning that i will mess around during the game.

As for analyzing part, i do analyze. Just D1 sus claim is too unreliable for me to pin down any judgement.

14. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    @MathBlade - Elim/Doc/RB on Cream, GonZ, and Joker.

Also, if we centralized each player as vectors in Cartesian space for planar simplicity, with velocity aligning, who all do you think would cross product with similarly negative velocity to your scumreads?

^ Only sort-of a joke. Willing to explain as necessary.

MathBlade likes this.
  15. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    SBPC = Sort By Post Count.

If you had to force yourself to read exactly 4 players as a scumteam right now, who would they be, and why?

16. osieorb18

osieorb18 Queen of Sugar

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're currently on 20 ppp, you can adjust that to be more as desired.

17. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya know, if it weren't for that person who was like "if you are town why tf aren't you defending yourself" and told me to defend myself, I think you would have less of a "I want to survive" vibe and more of a "I want to understand" vibe.

Because as it stands, defending myself from accusations is certainly the bulk of my activity at this point. Do I like it? No. Do I feel obligated? Yes.

Like, before I was being accused and felt a responsibility to defend myself, I feel like I was making more progress in the reads department.

The politeness is natural, of course. We have plenty of people I'm not familiar with, so I err on being polite.

The oomph, the vacancy, I have explained.

The Garcia rulebreak was unintentional. I thought you were misunderstanding something. You see, I misunderstood Lissi initially, and I thought I saw you making the same misinterpretation, which is why I stepped in. I didn't exactly go big brain and think it was you doing a RT.

18. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyways, I will sleep. Should I role claim? Because IDK if I have the heart tomorrow for this game.

19. Furnace

Furnace Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Cream: I feel that they are town leaned, as their obsession with Lissi didn't seem like something a Mafia would ever risk, especially considering that if Lissi flipped town, they would be the prime suspect.
    2. WakeMeUp: Null, leaning on scum. I have no opinion, as there are only 4/5 posts with some content, in which I don't lean them to any side. Scum-lean for ignoring this post:
    3. Joker13: Town lean. Initially, they were too active to be mafia and too non-attacking to be town. So, I just dropped them as a neutral. Now, I see more of the poking and prodding, so I dropped them in town.
    4. Furnace: Me.
    5. Isolated0371: Town. Nothing incriminating, just a townie feeling.
    6. iampsyx: Null, leaning towards town.
    7. GonZ555: Null, leaning towards scum. Not chaotic enough to be Townie.
    8. Lissi: Town-leaned. Nothing that I found suspicious. The points which Cream pointed out, are preventing from a town read.
    9. osieorb18: Null. My mind says town, my heart says no. I don't know you, so here you go.
    10. MathBlade: Null. Was town-leaned yesterday, but lost that feeling somewhere down the road. Probably because nothing felt extremely towny? Seemed to be tunneled at Joker for the second half of the day.
    11. trisscar: Null, leaning to town. Nothing wrong with their posts. My gut feeling?
    12. tsumugiMD: Would normally be null-bordering scum for me. I hear that they don't tend to pick votes on D1, so for today, probably Null. Will need more observation on D2.
    13. Lemonfairy: Town. Nothing I found to be a problem. Will keep an eye on them just for too much towniness.

Joker13, Lemonfairy and Isolated0371 like this.
  20. Furnace

Furnace Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll return in a few hours. Will go play something for a while now.