Spoiler The Empress Returns

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by BananaShake, Feb 27, 2021.

1. BananaShake

BananaShake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Description
    When the Arpen Empire decided to no longer wage war, small countries nearby could finally breathe. But this peace was meant to be shattered, for soon after, envoys were sent to each country issuing a golden decree to each of the royal families.

“To establish an alliance with the Arpen Empire, each kingdom must send a princess to become a Crown Princess Candidate. The princesses will undergo six months of training to divide them into those who have the potential to become empress and those who will be concubines. Any kingdom disobeying the imperial edict shall be seen as enemies and their access to the River Judith’s stream will be blocked.”

“The God of Judith” was an age-old love song that had been sung from generation to generation. The ballad passed from the grandma’s lips to the little girl’s, from her to another, and another … etching a place in time. But this was no tale of admiration and envy, for all whose ears it reached agreed that the God of Judith was foolish.

Standing by the banks, a woman hazed at the River Judith before her … where the god may have stood thousands of years ago, her hand resting on her heart, a suffocating feeling clutching at her.

“The god isn’t the only one who’s foolish … Humans are the same as well … You and I.”

Viola’s long-cherished dream was not to marry and be someone’s wife but be hailed as the queen of the Kingdom of Koronis. She longed for the crown, even more after losing her only flesh and blood in the war. Once a half-royal, she struck a deal with the king to restore her status. It was a political marriage to the Crown Prince of the Arpen Empire.

“I’m going to be a queen, and I will take my identity back.”

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-empress-returns/

any spoiler on this?

SamSam, jkumi7 and kawaii12345 like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  4. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link

Volume 1
    Prologue
    Episode 1 List of Candidates for the Crown Princess
    Episode 2 Provocation
    Episode 3 Strategy
    Episode 4 Contract Terms and Conditions
    Episode 5 Wet Night
    Episode 6 Secret Castle

Volume 2
    Episode 7 Hot Body
    Episode 8 Welcome Party
    Episode 9 Full of Heat
    Episode 10 Exclusive Desire
    Episode 11 Displaced Destiny
    Episode 12 After the storm

Volume 3
    Episode 13 Happiness
    Episode 14 Precious Things
    Episode 15 As Empress Dowager
    Episode 16 Resolution
    Episode 17 To Help Him
    Episode 18 The Great Love
    Epilogue

*MTL from blog review
    Don't fool me. Because I wasn't a stupid prince eight years ago.

As the distance from the woman got closer, a smile rose on the emperor's lips. He carefully checked the retreat, but his gaze was sharply stuck in the emperor's face. However, I knew very well that I couldn't get back. As my heart beats, I clenched my teeth. Along with his body scent, the sticky smell that poked his nose scattered the woman. At the same time, my whole body trembled uncontrollably. Trembling was a different meaning than fear for the emperor.

I remembered the day when the woman groaned like a lustful wife. Then, naturally, the emperor's solid body was drawn. His body trembled with pleasure after countless nights over his body...

He looked at the woman gently. Then the secret place gradually got wet. My body flinched when it saw its owner.
    “Don’t look at me like you’re going to apply it like that. I'm holding on to what I want to hold right now. Well, since you and I met again like this, it would be natural for my body to get hot.”

There was no politeness in the glances slowly sweeping from head to toe. His bloody and smiling lips had a beautiful smile that couldn't be compared to anything in the world. The more he laughed, the more the woman's heart felt.

“Don’t be mistaken!”

The woman shouted. Then he laughed again.

“Don't fool me. Because I wasn't a stupid prince eight years ago.”
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  5. jkumi7

jkumi7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NOVEL'S ENVIRONMENT AND MC'S BACKGROUND:

For the first four chapters we know that Viola, the MC, was sent to the Arpen Empire through an agreement made with the King, her father. Viola has a "older" brother called Edward. He died in the battle against the Empire. But Viola suspect of the Queen's involvement in his death — because the queen's family and the King don't have a nice relation —, and her brother was the only prince of the Kingdom. The agreement made between Viola and the King is the following, as child born from a slave, if she suceed in the mission he would gave her, Viola would have the same chances than the others princesses.

MC AND ML DYNAMIC:
    Plus, it seems that Viola conquered the Prince's heart, however, she ran away from him on a night they would share together and he didn't find her until eight years later. He was already the emperor of the Arpen Empire.

This is a R-19 novel, so yes, they went snu snu~ before marriage.

GUESSES ABOUT MC STRUGGLES:
    My guess is, the queen is going to interfere in Viola's succession and she will discover details about her brother death. Since she hates the Arpen Empire so much, I don't know how or if the current emperor will make up her mind, because she is very focused and determined. Also, since in the old legend of "the god of Judith and the woman", the woman suffered for the god, the Emperor will be the one doing the chasing. That is if they are the reincarnation of the legend.

6. Lovingme

Lovingme Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know more about this! Please anyone?

7. kimmaeli

kimmaeli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more please :cry::blob_plusone:

8. SamSam

SamSam class' ...pas class' !

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:
    I dont really like the dynamic between Ml and Fl but I'm curious about who is really Guinev? how will the legend come true - who's the real chosen one? what does Ivan really want? and did Edward really die in the war as a soldier or is it a plot of the mother-in-law??

9. sara.aq

sara.aq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    spoiler please :notworthy:

10. trashconsumer

trashconsumer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please! :blob_plusone: That latest chapter is such a major cliffhanger. I want to know Lustian's reaction to finding out about his daughter since he, clearly, still has no idea who she is in the prologue.

Brigtter and SamSam like this.
  11. WinterVanillaField

WinterVanillaField Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • heres all what i remember:
      [*]Viola really likes lustian/lune but because of he’s brothers death she cant completely love him.
      [*]There’s a time that she’s willing to forget everything that happen in the past and decided to runaway but found out that lune and Guinev(her cousin im not sure though, she is also mistaken to be Gods Companion) getting married in the Judith River. Viola thought that Lune played her as she was taking her cousin to be his wife while pledging his love for Viola. She then fled to the mountains to be in hiding.
      [*]Mistakenly( this was cleared in the last part on novel)Lune only went there because he was called by his Father(Emperor) and didnt know that A wedding will be held.
      [*]The wedding didnt happen and By the time he got back Viola already went away.
      [*]Viola was pregnant of Lune child when she was in hiding in the mountains for 8 years, She sent her child to her Kingdom. Her nanny when she was a child was the one who took care on her child(named Wendy). The king took care of Wendy(viola’s child) and acknowledge it as his child because Viola didnt want her to be known as her child. It would bring disaster and danger to wendy if it was known she’s the daughter of Lune( which was the emperor now that time)
      [*]Fast forward Lune found Viola and took wendy as a hostage in order for Viola to go with him. In Lune’s knowledge Wendy is Viola’s precious sister. So they went to the king mdom of Alphen(im not sure) and they got married there.
      [*]Viola became the empress. She then knew that the crown princess sent thru the Alphen kingsom to be concubines became slaves after she fled. So she made sure the crown princess was sent to their kingdom after she became the empress. The princess concubines was so happy that they could finally get hone and return to their respective kingdom. As a result they pledge their loyalty to her and when the time she was need of help they will all come and help her.
      [*]There was one concubine who didnt when home her name was Anne, she was inloved with Ivan( Lune’s brother) and she became the grand duchess and married him. Unknown to Viola Anne is. Two faced b*tch who was jealous of her because Ivan love Viola since before she saw her( There was a time Ivan is willing to fought Lune to make Viola his)Viola thought that good thing Anne married the person she love and was happy for her. But in truth Anne and Ivan didnt really get along with obe another as Anne keep telling Ivan that she need him to impregnate her so that she could rise to the position as Empress.
      [*]Viola and Lune was all lovey dovey to this point . They admitted their love for each other. Went to picnics and stroll with Wendy.
      [*]Lune thought wendy really looked a like Viola and He thought because maybe she was her sister. But then He came to a point that The time Viola was away and wendy’s age was far on point and cant be coincidence. He asked his subordinate to do a paternal test
      [*]The subordinate came(named Kyle) and told Lune that wendy is indeed his daughter. He rushed to where Viola and Wendy is and hugged them both.
      [*]Lune swear he will protect his family and they will never be apart and same gos for Viola.
      [*]Unknown to them Anne saw the paternity test and told the temple Viola is the God’s Companion as she pass all the test. The temple that time is very keen on finding God’s companion as they are running out of time. So Anne made a plot with them to make Viola herself surrender as Lune wont ever hand Viola in.
      [*]Viola keeps looking for the God’s Companion not knowing it was her . She wanted to take a way Lune illness and doesnt want him to suffer anymore.
    So far that’s all I’ve read and remember . There a lot of circumstances Ive omitted but basically that is where the story goes now. Hope this helps. There’s a lot of smexy and hot stuff Ive omitted as well. But so far the manhwa novel is good (imo)

12. Blossomie

Blossomie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ending? Did the girl name anne get divorced with ivan? Btw can i know where did you read it? You can give the link to me privately. Thank you.

ArkiV_10 likes this.
  13. WinterVanillaField

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobcry:
    I havent reached the ending yet sorry

Luluchan likes this.
  14. Luluchan

Luluchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really curious about how it ends? can someone provide more spoilers?:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: I want to read it on the Kakaopage but there is an age limit, I am old enough but I have to verify with a Korean phone number, can someone provide an alternative how to do the verification???:cookie::blob_teary:

15. LayZhang

LayZhang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moaaaaar pwease

16. WinterVanillaField

Reading List:
    Link
    • Anne planned her schemes with priests for her plan to pursue
    • Fast forward (skipping snu snu) Viola still didnt think the excuses lune gave make sense and only made her more confuse.
    • Lune on some part had her shown some scrolls that records history. Its a magic scroll that the arpen empire had that records what's happening (currently , the past , and somewhat predicts the arpen future) thats why arpen is strong cause they get future predictions something like that. In their she somewhat convince Viola that she is not the God’s companion and Viola somewhat believe him and they snu snu in the library. Viola think this is a sacred place so she ask lune if they’re gonna do it there and lune being horny did it there and when Viola was in peek of haven she saw some text appeared in the scroll and read it( im bot sure what) but she now knows and sure that she is the God’s companion because of this withouth Lune knowing a single thing.
    • Viola knowing what it is, just to make sure, headed to the previous empress to talk about it. Lune knowing Viola cant still let go went ahead to threaten his mother( the previous empress) not to say anything to viola that can confirm she is the Gods companion. His mother agreed and Lune walk away not knowing Viola is already there hearing all the threats he made to his mother and confirming she really is the Gods companion while hiding.
    • She had few conversations with the previous empress and told her that even if she is the God’s companion she. Will not succumb to it and fight like what Lune is doing. She will fight God.:blobhero:
    • After their conversations she went ahead and tell Paul her knight she wants to have sword training and polish her skills if she gonna fight along side Lune. Lune hearing this didnt loose the oppurtunity and spar with here making him fall inlove with Viola over again because of how beautiful she is and amazing she is in fighting. Which was how it was like 8 yrs ago. And after that they snu snu :facepalm: again. Then her training continu for days weekes i thnk im not sure.
    • Lune proposes picnic or swimming in the Judith river along with Wendy:blobhug: just the Three of them with nanny and Rosha ( Viola’s servant Girl)
    • Everything perfect until Wendy almost drowned, good thing Lune was near her and He save her. While his attention was on Wendy. Viola around that time was pulled with some kind of weeds going down the bottom of the river and she cant shout because she was pulled hard. Viola saw what puller her is like a silver hair from the bottom. Viola almost past out and saw Lune’s fear wretched angry face before she closed her eyes
    • When she opened them she saw some scenes where God told her to come back to him because she is his Lover And that man was fake. The virgin?(or girl in the judith river story im not sure what she is called virgin or girl but anyways) told god that she is not her Lover but that man and refuses to go with him. The God became angry and killed the man and ripped his heart into half. (Sorry i forgot the story about judith please feel free to correct me if you know something). Then the girl told God if he can wait cause a human life will be over around 80 and she will go back to him. Until Viola was somewhat waken up from Lune resuscitation but she felt like the air he was passing to let her breat cant came cause she feel she is passing out. Lune was crying making sure Viola is alive resuscitating her. Then she was awaken in the Empress palace.
    • Lune heard that Viola was awaken then came over immediately. Asking if she was ok and Lune told her that she was caught in some seaweed pulling her leg which she said she saw some silver kind of hair/weed that was grabbing her.
    • The empress palace was overturned because of what happen to Viola amost drowning and dying, making Lune’s mood sensitive. He was so angry that the God of Judith forced to take her wife because she was the God’s companion. He was seething in anger because He didnt even open the Gateway to let God come over the River but suddenly showing himself almost taking Viola away from him.
    • In someparts of the palace , Anne :blobdevil:talked to the priests on how come Viola survived and didnt went thru to be God’s Companion when they have prepared this much. The priests told her they sidnt know what went wrong but thinking that God was too late on grabbing Viola when they let the Gates open so the God can comethru the River to get his companion. They told anne they would have a hard time doung it the second time Because Lune is seething in anger wanting to destroy the River. Anne told them they could talk to some nobles somewhat gaslighting them in surrendering Viola to the God of Judith so the Arpen Kingdom would last and not perish, which make their plan B.
    • Viola awaken had the determination to tell Lune she knows she is the Gods Conpanion. She went to Lune and told Him which makes him shocked . . She told Lune although she knows and she is fated to be taken away she wont let that happen and make sure that they will fight together alongside each other and that she will help him whatever it takes for them to be together.
    • Lune plan was to gather as much soldier to fight the power of God when he tries to take Viola but he knows this isnt enough. Thus Viola wanting to help Lune told him she would rally some allies from the princess( the hostage princesses before) and make them peace treaty with the arpen empire. Doing this she need to go the the other Kingdom to sight peace treaty.
    • Knowing this plan Lune disagreed cause Viola can be redeemed as hostage to other kingdom when she goes. And the other kingdom can use her to threathen Lune because she is his weakness. He doesnt want anything happening to Viola.
    • Viola told him to trust him.and went ahead on the plan travelling to other kingdoms to sign peace treaty and ask for alliance. Anne( who didnt want to go) and Ivan went with her. She told Lune she will come back but Lune cant let her go made some king of magic ring or item. That makes him went to Viola everynight and comeback to arpen palace every sunrise.
    • She succeeded in their first peace treaty and alliance. After that she goes to the kingdom of Anne to sign treaty, when she was almost assassinated. Lune hearing this asks Viola to comeback, but Viola cant comeback because this is just the beginning and they cant comeback a failure because other kingdom showed interest in the peace treaty.
    • The father of Viola kronis king heard this treaty and was so angry that the fellong kingdoms fall for arpen peace treaty when they should obliviate the arpen kingdom. He was cursing them. ( i ommited some scene of this father because he was in bed with some concubine while talking with this)
      • On the scene where Viola awaken after she drowned, the Gods saw what was happening and gets angry with Lune just a mere human taking his “companion/wife” and never letting her go. He makes sure Lune will pay, in the novel Edward ( Viola’s brother) was seen along with this God while he was watching Viola and Lune. He tells God that those couple are the chosen and they are bount by fate and the Judith river God cant do anything. ( this scene im so confuse so sorry cant further explain because me confuse also)
    That’s all again.:sushi_sleeping:

17. Cloudland19

Cloudland19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I need more spoiler :(

18. selyse

selyse Member

Reading List:
    Link

I love your summary, thanks. What about the follow-up? What does her father do? What about the fight with the God?

19. Mrshokage

Mrshokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love this one lots of smut and beautiful love story imo so many twists and turns ima miss those characters

20. Kon

Kon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've started reading this novel, but I've a question: Was the ML a virgin before he has sex with the FL? I mean, there seems to be mixed messages about this.

It's mentioned he never slept with the concubines and princesses. However, it's also implied he has released his "urges" in the past.