Recommendations MC Starts Out Unfortunate, Stays Unfortunate, But Gets More Powerful.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Beleren, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Beleren

Beleren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically the kind of story where you have to balk at the fella's luck and its tendency to be astronomically unlikely in worst way possible.

Alternatively:
    Dude gets shit on, grows strong to avoid getting shit on, still gets shit on.

There are only so many ways I can paraphrase the general idea, I hope you got the gist.

2. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Losing Money to Be a Tycoon
    MC wants to lose money because the system pays well when you lose money, instead his company get bigger, and bigger, the story itself is very nice, without harem, face slap etc.

Beleren likes this.
  3. NatCreeper10

NatCreeper10 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm finding series by using the series finder tab and putting in the tags as "unlucky protagonist" and "weak to strong", these were my results:

The Death Mage Who Doesn't Want a Fourth Time
    (And seeing this one, I remembered Reborn as a Spider, that MC is also pretty dang unlucky for a long while)

And if you use NUs Series Finder, you'll find others. Most novels will probs end up OP kinda fast and start the face slapping, but I'm assuming you are looking for ones where MC is shit on for the longest, the first rec, definitely. I'm not sure about others in the list you will. Hope that helps. Sorry can't post any links, which sucks.

Beleren likes this.
  4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    "The darkness was comfortable for me" is a pretty good example. Dude can't catch a break, but is certainly getting really strong. Not caught up though so there's a chance he may get a lucky break in the more recent chapters.

Beleren likes this.
  5. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beleren likes this.
  6. Beleren

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks y'all, keep them coming.

7. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Second Coming of Gluttony?

It’s kinda similar to a story where a Lv 1 newbie gets thrown into lv 100 zone and is expected to grow and survive. So while he does grow decently fast and strong... he’s nowhere close to the boss right?

8. Beleren

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually finished that one since everybody and their mom kept hyping it as the second coming of shakespeare or whatever.
    Spoiler alert: The description matches the story for 90 percent of time so you were right.

Lonelycity likes this.