LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe they just called it a developmental wall and was the most common way for people to stop growing with the other being just running out of jobs to take. For van and crew it has mostly been taking down foes way above their paygrade that push them through walls with divine protections helping them and giving them more job choices. (Pretty sure most of vans god level jobs are from his protections from the gods of origin and earth)

grim5000 likes this.
  2. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the feeling we'll never see what these jobs like Chi You actually do. Kind of a shame.

Zamzukan likes this.
  3. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Miriam has a whopping 4 divine protections. Meanwhile, Borzofoy is using time and space attribute magic which seems rare for a country bumpkin.

5. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    And the tongue is his best muscle yet!

6. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The body double doll has been claimed. Anyone care to guess how long before a real Van plushie hits the market?

Eddy andres likes this.
  7. Startarrot

Reading List:
    Link
    To soon if you ask van.

grim5000 and Kaithar like this.
  8. Kaithar

Kaithar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can foresee Van saying "Time and Space attributes? That's rare... I'll have to see if I can introduce you to someone that can give you advice, I know some experts on those attributes who are really friendly and helpful but they don't get many people to talk shop with..."

Obviously this would be followed by him discovering he suddenly had divine protection of two top-level gods and an elf cosplayer who didn't want to feel left out. And Miriam facepalming, presumably.

9. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys are funny, of course there are Van plushies, they just haven't been mass produced. It's probably something like:
    Hey Van, can you give me some extra soft DK fur?
    What do you need it for?
    Just some pillows and stuff.
    Okay, let me get you various fluffy materials, and some high quality DK silk and threads. How big do you want me to make your pillow?
    No no I'll make the pillows myself.

That conversation probably repeated multiple times, with everyone in his inner circle, before someone like Pauvina or Darcia actually asked Van to make the plushie himself.

10. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing the last week has shown is there is a very strong inverse relationship between the frequency of releases and the amount of arguing and drama in this thread.

anon, grim5000 and spycho357 like this.
  12. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For clarification I didn't mean in universe but actual product. Tell me you guys wouldn't buy a Van plushie if the author had them made.

Was also reminded that Van's race changed from Damphir(dark elf) to (goddess) when Darcia evolved. I wonder if that happens to other Damphirs. Like if Van turned Selene's mother/father into an undead and then evolved them if her race would change too?

13. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vandalieu Zakkart – Dhampir (Mother: Goddess), 11 years old, male
    Van's race don't changed, he is Dhampir as he was before. Darcia race is Chaos Elf. So, (Mother: Goddess) don't have anything to do with race. I think God and Goddess is not race but occupation? Like King. King is not a name for race. In case of Dhampir it just shows his parent race who is not vampire, so I think it should be:
    Vandalieu Zakkart – Dhampir (Mother: Chaos Elf), 11 years old, male
    Don't understand why author choose Goddess.

14. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Dhampirs always have the race of their non vampire parent listed, because it affects their abilities and lifespan. He gets three times the lifespan of his mother, and now she is listed as Goddess, as Vida's Avatar.

15. Donce

Donce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, Goddess is not a name of race. Darcia race is Chaos Elf
    Darcia – Chaos Elf, 0 years old (resurrected), female
    Also, I don't think parents race change after child is born can have effect for child. So,Van should be listed as child of Dark Elf, or in worst case Chaos Elf. Not Goddess.

16. Kaithar

Kaithar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who has time to debate when Yoshi is on fire?

Nice to have an explicit canon explanation of the mechanism. Seems like the kind of soul in vessel technicalities that our favourite dungeon elf brought up.

I do love the subtle reminder that since Holly declined to compete in the Rankings, all the ladies listed and implied to have volunteered or consented when asked... We need a star added to the list to indicate who is involved because they are trying to apply for Van cuddling privileges :cookie:

Also... I am hoping that poor Katie Hartner quickly realises the mess her family made and send Vida a prayer of "get me outta here!" so she can nope the hell out of Rubbish Rodney's Rude Reincarnation Ripoff... There's so much comedy potential in someone turning up and telling the duke something like "Hey, I'm here to rescue your daughter, on request and order of Vida. Please co-operate." :blobrofl:

anon, grim5000 and Baldingere like this.
  17. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Love the idea but she wants to save her family as well. Maybe she can give up on the dad and emigrate with her mom and siblings? And her dad will think they got taken hostage and if he disobeys they'll be used as slaves in the mines like he did to his titan allies. Maybe Van would get the "unintentionnal blackmail" skill

18. Startarrot

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is the holy child of vida. With darcia becoming vidas vessel, vans status got a direct line to her and it updated to match.

19. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't buy a Van plushie if one were made.

Whether Van has a limited lifespan or not is kinda irrelevant. He can reverse his aging, become an undead and even become a god on death.

20. Apocalypse32

Apocalypse32 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more from the fact that as he was being reincarnated Vida gave him a whole bunch of stuff from Zakkart and some of her own blood.
    After Vida was released from Alda's stakes and began to get her powers back this was reflected in Van's stats as the divine blood of Vida fused into his soul started to radiate power...Shown by Vida's divine protection also appearing in Van's stats.

Or at least thats how I understood his change to Dhampir (Goddess) as Darcia's race change AFTER his birth would not have affected what his mother race was. ( Darcia was a Dark Elf when he was born so nothing she changed to would cause Van to change)