Discussion I want to complain about my boss.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cutter Masterson, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Be warn this a rant on my boss…

So here’s the deal. I was informed weeks in advance about a team meeting. Ok. I made sure I was not in the middle of a project. In essence I cleared my day.
    The day comes and I was standing by an hour before the meeting. So 5 minutes till the meeting. I get a time change to the afternoon. I confirmed the changed, but I’m still a little irked by the sudden last minute change. All well their the boss. The afternoon comes. 15 minutes before the meeting is supposed to start. We get another time change. Aaaaaahhhh!!! Now it’s the next morning. Ok clear my schedule. An hour before the meeting it get push back by an hour. Ok. Ok. It’s not that bad. 15 minutes till they push it to the afternoon again. Aaahhhh!!! 5 minutes till it get changes again. For the morning of today at 10am. Guess what happen 10 minutes till…..
    I feel like pulling my hair out and screaming. I know the boss isn’t doing this on purpose. He just a busy person and is a good guy, but man I am halfway tempted to call in sick or something.
    Sorry for venting. Lol. I feel better. Thanks for reading

2. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish you that it doesn't happen again
    You rant in a very polite way

3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the feeling that your boss wants to vent about their boss/client.

4. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    It is good that you like to be well prepared, but sometimes being over prepared is not too good. if the meeting was pushed several times you could have canceled with an easy excuse that you are busy and you had cleared your morning schedule, but now your running late or are backed up.

5. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the stress , the annoyance while waiting for an important event , if you want my advice try wim hof breathing technique before such meetings it can really help especially with strain on your nerves

6. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dealing with unorganized people is the worst, esp if they're in a position of power over you. Like, I got a schedule and a queue of things to do that don't include reserving the entire day waiting on you because you don't know how to manage your time or make proper plans. That incremental delay is esp stupid because it means they're underestimating how long they'll be delayed. At that point, why not just leave a good amount of time so you won't be constantly moviing things back in your schedule?

7. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    CALL IN SICK!

8. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. It Friday. So if it happens again. I don’t need to deal with until next week

Haha. Yeah. I think so too

A quote from my Captain to the crew when I was an engineer on a ship…
    “ If your on time. Your late. If your early. Your on time”
    Working on a ship means you either on the ship or your left behind. That’s why I am on the call 15 minutes till at the latest. I try to have an hour or two of lead time. So I’m not scrambling to setup and also to be in the right mindset. Prepare for the worse. Hope for the best

Normally just chill for a bit. Breathing in for a count of 3. Than out for a count of 6. Than get moving to my next project

It’s good being the boss. Lol. That’s all I can say

It might be important. I doubt it, but you never know

9. Nefasdetestasti

Reading List:
    Link
    Jokes aside, your boss is lucky to have such an outstanding and patient employee like you.

10. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Let’s not inflate my ego with fat head, but thanks. I appreciate the remark. Wish me luck

11. Nefasdetestasti

Reading List:
    Link
    GOOD LUCK AND BREAK A LEG(especially the leg of your boss}, ma dude!

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I will

14. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    I never worked on a ship, but I have been sailing quite fun specially when you do it on a very windy day and the wind catches the sail.

My favorite part is listening to the wind the moment it hits the sail and makes that sound like a flag in the wind.

15. Deleted member 166414

Deleted member 166414 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_patpat:
    Hang in there haha. :blobhero:
    Feel free to rant, it kinda help. At least it does in my case.

Thinking about the situation tho, I'd just enjoy the newly found free time to just chill around or do other work. It's definitely annoying with how it kept happening but so many things out of our control, why even bother? :blobdead:

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    well stuff happen~ more so with busy person~ similar stuff also happen on organization lol but as long as there proper compensation all is well~ imagine you postpone meeting several times last minute cuz one of the upper or important can't attend cuz various reason.... heh~

whenever that happen this cat try think oh well at least have time to dozing off waiting

17. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    I handle cargo on big ships in the United States of America. Usually around 100k displace + or - 50k. Never did much on sailing ships. The most I did with small boats is search and rescue practice with the crew paddling. I’d hold the oar and guide the boat while calling out commands. But what I do know about ships. Is never work on a cruise liner because they mistreat their crew and owning a ship is expensive. Especially, with all the maintenance needed. Still, it would be fun to experience once. As to sailing vessels. I know all the book knowledge from celestial navigation to splicing a wire rope. It’s amazing how fast you can tie a knot. When you’ve done it a thousand times. Lol.
    So I can see where your coming from. It’s amazing being on a small boat on a stormy sea with 30ft + swells with a 15ft boat. I love using the thrusters on the waves and doing donuts on the side of a wave. Good times

Thanks. I appreciate the heartfelt thoughts

18. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    They do say you shouldn't own a boat just have a friend who does. XD

I live in miami about 4-5 out 10 home owner probably own boats of some kind just my block alone there is 5 that I have driven by and that because they are around 30 foot boats, but the marina here in Miami are filled with all kinds of boats yacht's eve cruise ships and some cargo ships.

I think we don't have that many cargo ships compared to other cities/states I think it has to do with it being tourist city and they want to keep it neat clean and have too many cargo ships looks ugly.

19. Cutter Masterson

Reading List:
    Link
    If you ever want to be a captain on US waters. I know a school that will pay for everything. Even airfare. The only condition is you have to be 25 years old or younger. It’s my old school. Oh, yeah when I was starting off the pay was around $30 to $50 an hour, but I also heard. You could get $300+ an hour, but that’s dangerous work. Like welding underwater and crabbing up in Alaska. I don’t recommend thous, but if your interested. I can give you the information for it

One Perfect Veteran likes this.
  20. aegis062

Reading List:
    Link
    I am good for now. I work at a shipping company on the business side/ translating English to Spanish. it pays well.