Recommendations Cultivation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Epythymy, Jan 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Epythymy

Epythymy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for some good cultivation novels with MC who isn't solely focused on cultivating and doesn't care about anything else. Or he should at least cultivate different things.

It doesn't matter if it's a wuxia/xianxia or xuanhuan.

MC should have either some quirky obsession (money, women, very afraid of death etc) or practice side jobs like alchemy/blacksmithing, if he is cultivating different things/systems it works too(one arc he is mainly training in swords in the next it's guns/pets or whatever).

In short everything works as long as it's not a one-track-minded MC who cares about nothing but mindlessly increasing his strength like a robot and slaying his enemies with the same skill nth arcs in a row.

2. Anvis

Anvis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhu Xian, Heaven's Shadow and Killing God by Xiao Ding

Epythymy likes this.
  5. Despapa69

Despapa69 Revered 17 Syllable Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I Just Won't Play By The Book, Fantasy Simulator. They're alright with MCs not solely focused on strength. Soul of Negary explores a few power systems however the MC solely focuses on domination and gaining power.

I guess if you stretch it, Reverend Insanity also has an emphasis on various types resource and relationship management, along with different power systems however the MC is solely, and I mean solely, focused on gaming gaining Eternal Life, no quirks aside from scheming/scamming ability so I can't really say it fits the criteria.

Epythymy likes this.
  6. kiddkhalifa

kiddkhalifa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally love the Duluo soul land series. My favorite is Soul Land 2: The Unrivaled Tang Sect. Story follows MC from a young child to adulthood and he uses spirits and skills to battle enemies as part of a team. In depth battle scenes and badass powers that evolve along with him as MC gets stronger. He has a side profession of blacksmithing too that also serves to bolster his combat

Epythymy likes this.
  7. GGbookluver

GGbookluver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Epythymy

Epythymy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, as I've mentioned in the post it can be any cultivation system, I'm fine with dao, game-like lvl ups or whatever. The important thing is for it to not be too focused on simply getting stronger or some other aim completely.

It can be kr/jp too.

Like LoTM have no other plot other than becoming stronger. Even some side explorations of the world are mainly done in his pursuit of power. Though as novel's quality is not bad it's still a good read.

Or Gourmet of Another World have no other plot points than becoming stronger through cooking. MC has no friends, lover or any other hobby. He is simply cooking 24/7 and then will travel to get some resources to cook more. After transmigrating into his shop in another world he didn't leave it to explore the world even once for like half a year(he didn't even leave the street his shop was on) . At first I thought he was bound to it by the system but later it turned out that it's MC who is simply a retard.

If such one sided novels don't contain some amazing plot points or extremely interesting world it's simply too boring to read.

9. GGbookluver

GGbookluver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... So your not looking for a novel about cultivation, but a novel that also has cultivation/leveling up. How about these:

My House of Horrors: Horror system where MC must fulfills missions to gain attraction to his haunted house as well as get powerful allies and gain abilities. Despite that the story enters murder mystery territory, as well as helping ghosts and humans, acting like a psychologist, live streaming, creating dolls, yada yada. It gets a bit repetitive halfway, but I was fine with it.

Doomsday Pillars(on webnovels): This novel is based in Indonesia. MC goes back to the past where he was an architect after experiencing the end of the world. He creates a doomsday safe-haven for when the apocalypse hits and basically becomes a leader of generals and works to create a stable civilization in the apocalypse. You also can eat cores of zombies and stuff typical of apocalypse cultivations.

48 Hours a Day: Great being sponsors MC and makes MC join a competition of other sponsored individuals. These competitions include MC traveling to artificial universes where he acts a different character in each; a stranded man on an island, a race car driver, a soldier in war. I think this one will peak your interest as the MC picks up many different hobbies and skills

Plague Doctor: MC has a system that helps him become a better doctor and to cure his critical illness. All the same, a plague has broken out and MC is one of the doctors chosen to find a cure to the plague.

Note: Plague Doctor, 48 hours, and MHOH all have quirky MC's

They're all I got. Sorry

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    Epythymy likes this.