Korean The Most Vulgar Way To Dump A Queen

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Rin.rinaaa, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FBrLZK2UUAAaBSv.jpg

Title:
    퀸을 버리는 가장 천박한 방법
    Novel Link: N/A
    Official Novel Raws: Author: 장단조 (The same author who wrote, "Who Killed Dorothy")
    Artist: 르타
    Year: 2021
    Genre: Romance, Fantasy

Description (MTL):

'I'd rather be glad you found out my secret. You'd better divorce me.'

The large-scale survival game 'MAPS' is where I met my ex-husband, who brutally left me saying that he never loved me.

In a place where prisoners of war who became living chess pieces die and kill all over the world using a chess board, her ex-husband appeared as a crazy 'black queen' who beat up even her allies.

“Sally, your ex-husband and Jack’s personalities live together in Black Queen’s body. If you want to get your ex back, you have to kill Jack with your own hands.”

"Just… … I want to kill them both... … .”

Two souls I want to kill.

There is only one head that can be pierced by a bullet.

Will Sally be able to kill Quinn?

Main Character Descriptions:
    Female protagonist : Sally Moscat Description: A timid gongbug. Recognized for his talent, he participates in a special mission against the enemy, but at the pressure of his grandmother, he is in danger of marrying the war hero Zacherander by arrangement.

Main line: “Poetry, I can’t help it even if I don’t like it. Jack has already grabbed me on the wrists and ankles.”

Main Keyword:

#Powerful Woman

▷ Male Character : Zacharyander Galantine Description: A dual personality military officer from a fallen aristocrat. The personalities of 'Currander', who refuses to marry Sally by arrangement, and 'Jack', who has a crush on Sally, coexist.

Main line: “But if you become the wife of a guy like me… … Your life will be hard.”

Main Keyword: #Scarred

▷ Empathy
    “Sally, in Black Queen's body, your ex-husband and Jack's personalities live together. If you want to get your ex back, you have to kill Jack with your own hands.”

Why it should get picked up: Not gonna lie, the novel cover really got me. I love that the MC is holding a rifle, she looks so badass.

Why does she want to save her ex even though he dumped her ass saying he doesn't love her anymore? Is this some misunderstanding trope again? Or Is it because of her ex's secret? What's the secret about? Why did her ex-husband became a black queen chess piece and merge with another person so two souls in one body, huh? I wonder how she's gonna deal with her ex-husband having two personalities. So, how did it get to that point tho?

Those questions would get answered once this novel gets picked up. So I hope someone or a tl group picks this for their next project.

And from the keywords in Ridi, it mentions that this is a survival game type of story so this counts as dystopian I think. From the description, I guess the nobles or rich people from countries who won against the war use the losing country/ies people as "toys" so they decide to use them as chess pieces for a game of bloody chess to see who gets to win or killed or whatnot because they're probably bored or want to gain some "entertainment" in that way.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  2. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't get it, it says on your Main character description "Female Protagonist" but the way you describe (pronoun) in your sentences is intended to a male... is this a "Typo"?

And pls tell me if I'm wrong based on the "story teaser description" - a female who has a female body (i know it's obvious but i had to input this), embarks on a quest/adventure to save her ex-husband and "jack"s personality who are both trapped in "black queen's body (female body i suppose) [is this just a normal case of multiple-personality disorder?]...

and her ex-husband trapped in black queen's body maybe there has a hidden truth so shameful her ex-husband won't admit to it

(Spoiler: based on my conclusion) the ex-husband have "Gaze to the abyss" and decides to "Come out of the closet", made the a trip to the "New world" and came transformed into "Black Queen" with a extra personality - "Jack"

yeah i think it fits

3. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really sure about the pronouns thing since this is from Ridibooks and I just mtled it and posted it on here, for anyone curious about the characters althought it is mtl... But the mtled description of the story is much more understandable than the ones on the character descriptions. So I suggest to rely on that instead so it'll be easier to digest the basic premise of the novel.

Marvin likes this.
  4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    It's mtl, most Korean mtl I read would translate she as he and vice versa.

Marvin likes this.
  5. Marvin

Marvin The Man who realize love

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice my comment is so long nobody read the whole thing

6. Zachary

Zachary Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Rin.rinaaa

Reading List:
    Link
  9. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    Let’s ask sleepy / mystical merriers /rain of snow translators whether they can take this in :blobphone: if they have time :blob_pompom:

10. RegisteredToAskAThing

RegisteredToAskAThing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As said in the description, the male lead is Jackalander Galantine, he is tall, he has black curly hair, bright blue eyes, and a slightly dark face.
    He won the trophy at the Catia Chess Championship at the age of 14. For his heroism at the Battles of Mauta and Umbautu, he was awarded the Sonenta's highest military decoration, the Medal of Honor, he also enjoys boxing, swimming, cleaning, and chess.
    Briefly saying, he is Mr.Perfect can do it all male lead.
    She has gray hair and purple eyes
    It's a happy ending, but they don't have biological kids, because both have difficulties to have kids, and because adoptions are quite hard, they decided to rescue orphan children and be their godfather and godmother.

The story is very political with a strong war/espionage setting and there are a lot of characters, I'm not up to read it from beginning to end

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023