Spoiler Mom, I'm Sorry/Mamma Mia

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ecstasy, Jan 15, 2021.

1. trashconsumer

trashconsumer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly, I have to correct what I said before. (This is what happens when I don't read, apologies :blobsweat_2:)

So Henry DID in fact die, but was reincarnated. During their trial with the court judges, they reviewed his actions and determined that while Henry had good intentions, he left more pain for his mom than his death. (Something along those lines, which I think means like he left more unforgettable memories that'll end up making his mom suffer even more.)

So their verdict came out to be that Henry would be reincarnated but to a very vicious mother. However, he was later saved by Sarah who became a police officer.

Also, Henry's lifespan dealer got probation. He came to see Ijun (Henry's adopted brother) and told him all of that. This was chapter 99 btw.

I'll come back to post more, but I just had to correct my previous words first.

syofiaa, Rin.rinaaa and JoJoBread like this.
  2. JoJoBread

JoJoBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow you even did chapter 99. Thank you so very much. Truly. :)

Wow that hurt to read. Leaving your mom with more suffering when all you wanted was the best for her. Did reincarnated henry know he was reincarnated? I'm guessing no? at least as far as chapter 99 goes. There seems to be some sort of awakening in chapter 100 when they hug? Thank you again. :bloblove:

syofiaa likes this.
  3. trashconsumer

trashconsumer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep in mind that 5 years have passed since Henry's death.

• Sarah asks Ijun how he knew that baby Henry was being abused. And he replies that he just had a feeling.
    • They think that baby Henry looks to be about 3 years old.
    • Henry's lifespan dealer tells him that since he's being reborn, some memories of his previous life will be intact. But because babies can't speak, nothing will be revealed.
    • So baby Henry cries, seeing his memories of him and Sarah.
    • Sarah declares that she'll look after and take care of baby Henry from now on.
    • Baby Henry experiences another memory flashback, but with his dad this time.
    • Then Ijun and baby Henry talk. Ijun says that their mom has been having a hard time, but he made a promise with older Henry that he would look after her and everything.
    • Mommy Olivia visits older Henry at the columbarium. She looks at his picture and tells him how much she's cried, how much she misses him, etc. But that she'll try not to do that in the future. And more monologue but I'd rather not ruin her heartbreaking speech with my shitty translations lol
    • Mommy Olivia visits an orphanage. There she encounters Ijun who wants her to meet with baby Henry.
    • The legos that baby Henry was playing with says, "Hyo Chan" which is his Korean name. Basically, revealing to Olivia that he's Henry.
    • Baby Henry hugs her while tearing up and finally utters a word which is "Mo~mmy"
    • Then baby Henry changes to older Henry and he tells Mommy Olivia that he's sorry, asks her to forgive him for everything, and that he loves her.

• It starts off with some Sally and Kisung moments, just about Sally being 4 months pregnant and them telling her parents about it.
    • Then the chapter transitions to Jeremy, our golfer boy, and his dad. Too lazy to read what they're talking about, sorry. But it ends with Jeremy leaving to go practice and the dad having an inner dialogue, saying that he misses his wife and expressing to her how grown up their son (Jeremy) has become.
    • Some douchebags were speeding and hit a pregnant lady, then ran off. (hit-and-run)
    • Since Jeremy was on his way to practice, him and his manager/driver see the lady lying on the street and they quickly bring her to the hospital.
    • Jeremy is on the phone with Sarah, going over some info on the pregnant lady.
    • Sarah says that the pregnant lady has no husband nor family.
    • Hospital staff asks Jeremy if he's the pregnant lady's guardian. Jeremy doesn't really confirm but wants to know what the staff has to say first.
    • The staff tells Jeremy that the baby in her belly is still alive; but as for the mother, it's hard to say. They think that even prior to this incident that the mother's health hasn't been in good condition. So for now, they'll do their best to save the baby.
    • Sarah arrives at the hospital with a letter written by the pregnant lady addressed to her unborn child. (I'll translate only the first half so you get the idea of what she wrote.)
    "To my lovely child,
    Mommy really wants to see your face.
    She wants to hug you even if it's just once.
    But right now, mommy is in a lot of pain.
    So mommy is too afraid that she won't be able to meet you."
    • Jeremy requests if he could see the baby. Then Sarah asks why and reminds him that since he's famous, another misunderstanding can occur. But Jeremy doesn't care because he says that babies need love no matter who it comes from.
    • When the baby held Jeremy's finger, a memory with his own mother flashed in his mind. In short, the memory was of Jeremy as a child and how he can recall everything (example: he claims to recall being in his mother's belly). Then his mother asks him to make a promise with her, which was for him to remember everything even as he gets older. And to not forget about her.
    • Chapter ends with Jeremy saying, "I won't forget... Mom..."

• 2 years have passed.
    • The lifespan dealer came for a visit and notices that Henry has now lost all memories of his previous life.
    • Ijun says that ever since Mommy Olivia adopted Henry, he's been trying not to call him Henry Hyung/Hyo Chan Hyung (=Big Brother Henry/Hyo Chan) :blobjoy:
    • Mommy Olivia graduated.
    • Jeremy and his dad came to congratulate her.
    • Ijun and Henry arrived late because Henry said he didn't want to go (this brat lol)
    • Then we see Sally and Kisung celebrating their daughter's first birthday.
    • Olivia gives a speech at the birthday party.
    • AND THE END

EDIT: @JoJoBread: Yes, he does ^^

4. JoJoBread

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually crying. This is so heartbreaking.
    So in the end Henry ended up losing his old self/memories. You sacrifice so much for your mom, and all those cherished moments between you two are forever gone.

Thank you so very much. Words can't convey how grateful I am to you for taking the time to summarize this. I wish you the best. :bloblove:

edit: if anyone has any other mom/son novel recs that hurt like this, please list. It can even be darker subject matters. As long as it has that painful feeling.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  5. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, i know that he died, but i didn't understand well this part, it's sad, so even it's not really henry, it's still sad for me, i liked this character so much, so all memories are lost, so sad, i really wanted he was alive, i found that really unfair the mother is basically young and sexy

syofiaa likes this.
  6. JoJoBread

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I feel extremely sad for his wife too. If the author truly wanted to make it even more heart breaking. He/she could have made it so Henry's wife continues her life with another person. Henry's mom also ends up marrying golf guy and they have a kid too. Then one day when he is 20 again in the future. Henry's old blonde friend with his kid, his old wife with the son from her new husband, and his mom, and her new son etc.. are all walking together, and he is a stranger walking by them on the street(he looks different than he did in the past because reincarnated and new birth parents and all); and then it suddenly hits him and all his past life memories come flooding back but its too late since life has gone by without him.

syofiaa likes this.
  7. EPITHE11

EPITHE11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's even more sad lol, i prefer the one of the author

syofiaa likes this.
  8. Caveia

Caveia Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Olivia ended up with Jeremy (golf boy)? If not, who did she end up with?

9. newbornleaf

newbornleaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ending is good but I feel bad with other character like Sarah. I saw the raw and I think kid henry has a crush on her lol

Rin.rinaaa and syofiaa like this.
  10. Kawaii Panda

Kawaii Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading this last year. But I want to ask about what Jeremy's reaction knowing that Olivia is Henry's mom?
    I actually ship both of them if it weren't for the fact that they aren't in same generation.:blobcry:
    I take a glimpse in the ending. It's quite bittersweet for me. I almost cried when Henry dies while Olivia and rest mourning for him :bloborz: buuuut when Jeremy and his dad congratulate her in graduation, I happened to see his 'blush' :hmm: tho it's natural?

syofiaa likes this.
  11. GodBird

GodBird New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummm can i ask u? So in the end olivia is not married/dating with someone? And choose to stay single am i right? That's my only question, thanks sorry to bother

12. BluIndigOtome

BluIndigOtome Member

Reading List:
    Link

This may have been discussed already elsewhere, but Mom, I’m Sorry is getting adapted into a donghua by Bilibili.