Spoiler How to Hide the Emperor’s Child/ 황제의 아이를 숨기는 방법

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Deleted member 262282, Jan 12, 2021.

1. ardills

ardills Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's crazy whilst the emperor was known to be a good emperor, a successful one arguably.. he was a bit lacking in his common sense in a human relationship.. this kind of ML is surprisingly rare tho in novels troupe.. but a common one in real world.. he was naturally just oblivious to basic consideration to his partner and was ambiguous whether he's familiar with the term of consideration at all.. so it's still interesting.. that's why I'm looking forward his redemption arc.. how the author would portray his groveling side.. would she be able to make as realistic as his trashy side?

Because truthfully a person who can reflect on their mistake, is kinda rare in rl..

That's why it's still 4.5 out of 5.. no matter how trashy the ml looked like.. after all human is not perfect, and I like to think that he was just imperfect ML which is perfectly what I look for in many novels..

Inasible, Zeref_96, Rin Lee and 7 others like this.
  2. Vallerie_unknown

Vallerie_unknown Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me abt the chronology —when ML found out that the child belonged to him?
    :aww:

_EyeCandy_ likes this.
  3. dunnoperson_

dunnoperson_ was reading your spoiler

Reading List:
    Link
    Good News! The manhwa adaption will be released on February 2022. :blob_pompom:

[​IMG]

4. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having a kid with the ML isn't enough to worthy him being with the FL.
    He treated her like garbage and what's worse from the start he never had any feelings for her. The only reason he returns is because of the grandmother's will. Otherwise, he would have been happy to leave the FL and her child to rot to the fate he bestowed upon her when he divorced her.

This is why "Remarried Empress" is a masterpiece since it flips the script on the shitty ML trope and 2nd ML syndrome.

Xi-hime, DOHere, Yanay and 19 others like this.
  5. Ai_Kei

Ai_Kei Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please just give me a chapter or a spoiler on the emperor's reaction when he finds out the truth

Snow Kang likes this.
  6. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    My friend brought this book off ridi and shared it with me. I thought it would be a usual harlequin novel but no, I actually liked it and it is not boring. I'm finsihed with Volume 1 and so far the story is good. The first thing which made me like this novel is, the Female lead, Estelle/Astelle, actually stopped loving the Emperor, Kaizen, the male protagonist.

Volume 1 starts with the usual story that have been spoiled in the previous pages. Kaizen married Astelle, who lived her whole life trying to be the best partner she can for him. Be it ettiquetes and manners, dancing or hosting balls and other functions to education and decision making, she learned it all for him, ofcourse she was chosen to be the Empress but she didn't do it just because she was going to be the Empress in future. She did all this because she wanted to stand by him strongly and support him with everything that is in her power and hold.

They got married and went with their wedding night because it would be talked about and questions will arise from the nobles if the Emperor didn't celebrated his first night with the Empress. Astelle was actually really happy because to Kaizen really respected her and her boundaries, he took care of her and was delicate with her. She always thought him of him being respectful to her but her image of him shattered the next day. The next day, the former Emperor passed away and the throne went to Kaizen, the first thing he did was to ask Astelle for a divorce. She was stunned, Kaizen was in his office, sorting out his work as he asked her dryly that she didn't loved him right, ofcourse, what she would've said in that moment. She am intelligent lady, understood that Kaizen never wanted to marry her from the beginning. He was never interested in her, all that was only a pretense which he uphold in front of the world. In her monologues, we can actually see how cold he was to her and in Kaizen's pov too but that will be spoiled ahead.
    She smiled bitterly and affirmed that she didn't loved him. She remembered when he told her that he does not want to have children, Astelle offered to take the medicine but he denied and took it himself saying he doesn't want to bother her, she realised that what he was never intending to stretch the marriage with her and it was so because he did not wanted to see any child from her incase. Kaizen himself said that if not for the Empress order he would've cancelled his marriage with her long ago and would not have proceeded with the marriage.

Anyway, the divorce was granted without any delay or problems. Although it wasn't set good with the nobles but when Astelle gave her consent to proceed the divorce in the court, nothing could be done. [If one party had denied the divorce, that would've been tough and would took much longer time to sort, but Astelle's cooperation spared him any trouble] Astelle was kicked out of the house from her father for not fighting for her marriage, Kaizen offered her money (as consolation) but she denied her, and ofcourse Kaizen didn't took any further interest in her and soon forgot about her deal. Astelle quietly went to live in the countryside, as a monk showing his back to the world while the Emperor became busy in his own life and ruling.

to be continued...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2022
  7. Hazel123

Hazel123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler

Ai_Kei and Deleted member 282232 like this.
  8. Tala20

Tala20 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About chapter 87 or 88

"A condition?"

Kaizen blinked a few times, not believing what he had just heard.

"I can give you anything you want. You don't have to put any conditions on it.”

Can you give me anything I want?

It was amazing to be able to say such a thing even at a moment like this.

There was only one thing Astelle wanted.

To leave the capital and return to the East with Theor.

But Kaizen didn't do the one thing she so desperately wanted.

“Let's have a contract marriage. If you are willing to sign the contract, I will set the terms and conditions of the contract clearly.”

Astelle spoke calmly but clearly.

Kaizen clenched his fist at Astelle's words.

He looked at her cold expression for a moment before he asked, "Okay. What is the condition?"

Astelle took a deep breath, then she looked him straight in the eye and said, “Before that, I have something to tell you. It's about Theor."

"I'll bring Theo safely, so don't worry too much."

Kaizen replied before he even heard the explanation.

He knew how much Astelle loved Theor.

Even though he is not his son, Kaizen intends to raise Theor as his own.

However, what Astelle was trying to say was not what Kaizen thought.

“Theor is Your Majesty's son.”

At her words, Kaizen opened his eyes wide.

"What?"

Kaizen couldn't easily understand what he just heard.

No, he did not understand what he just heard.

"What did you just say? Theor is my son?"

In fact, she never wanted to tell him.

But for Theor, Astelle could do anything.

"Yes, that's right, Your Majesty.”

“But how......!”

Kaizen was so confused that he could not speak for a moment.

Actually, Kaizen had also thought that Theor might be his son.

When he found out that Theor was Astelle's child, the first thing that came to his mind was the memory of the first night of their marriage.

The memory of the first night of newlyweds when he formally slept with Astelle.

That night Kaizen took the contraceptive pill.

But he was told that the contraceptive pills sometimes fail.

Could it be that the child was born at that time?

For a while, he had such hope.

He wished Theor was his son.

Every time he imagined that Astelle was pregnant with another man's child, it made his blood boil upside down.

However, Theor's clear blue eyes were conclusive evidence that he was not his son.

Kaizen has been feeling endless pain and anger over the past few days.

But now, it turns out that Theor is his son.

“I happened to meet a good pharmacist and got a prescription for a potion that changes eye color. I change the color of his eyes every day with that potion.”

Astelle continued to explain while looking at the confused Kaizen.

“A potion?"

A potion that changes eye color.

Kaizen had never heard of it.

Suddenly, something flashed through his mind.

The day he took Theor to the hunting lodge in the woods.

Astelle had run through the rain to the hunting lodge at sunset.

At that time, he had been worried about whether Theor had an illness.

“Was it because of that potion that you rushed to the hunting lodge from Maern Castle?”

Kaizen felt as if a fireball was rising in his chest when he saw Astelle standing calmly.

“Why did you hide it?"

Kaizen managed to endure the rising anger and approached Astelle.

"Why didn't you tell me until now!"

It was understandable that Astelle hid Theor's birth and said that he was her nephew, because he was an illegitimate child.

She wouldn't have been able to reveal that she gave birth to an illegitimate child.

But if Theor is his son, Theor is a Prince.

He raised the prince as the son of a dead knight.

Kaizen gritted his teeth.

"If you had a child, you should have told me! I have rights as a father!"

Kaizen was furious.

That she deceived him.

He was also furious with himself for letting her go that way without knowing anything about her.

Astelle, who was hit by his anger, raised her head.

Light green eyes looked up at him.

“What would you have done if you had known then that I was pregnant?"

Memories of six years ago came to mind.

The day he ascended to the throne at the young age of twenty.

At that time, he was in a civil war with the great nobles.

He killed countless people, and he was at risk of countless assassinations.

What would he have done if he had found out that Astelle was pregnant during that bloody and cruel period?

Kaizen knew the answer to that question.

Had he known Astelle was pregnant, he would have tried to get rid of the child.

If it was hard to get rid of the child, he might have tried to kill Astelle.

Astelle said, "My father must have noticed Theor's eyes and knew his identity."

Hearing that, Kaizen immediately turned around and opened the door.

He couldn't accept the current situation, but now there was something important.

"What is Lyndon doing? Send someone to the Duke! Tell Lyndon to bring Theor here. Right Now!"

Kaizen closed the door and entered the drawing-room where Astelle was again.

Astelle was still looking at him.

"So you meant you'd marry me because of Theor, huh?"

It was ridiculous that he was happy for a while to hear that she accepted his proposal.

“Don't you know that I can only take Theor and punish you?"

Kaizen couldn't calm himself down, so he spoke coldly.

But when he spoke like that, his heart ached.

“If you want it, just do it.”

Astelle replied calmly without any hesitation.

"Haha......"

Kaizen laughed helplessly.

He was free to punish Astelle at will.

She might even be imprisoned for hiding a prince.

If it was a few months ago before he met her again, he would definitely have punished her.

But Kaizen himself knew better that he couldn't do that now.

“So, what is that condition?"

Kaizen gritted his teeth and asked.

"Please appoint my brother as the Lord of the West."

“The position has been inherited from the Duke of Reston from generation to generation."

The empire ruled the entire continent.

In the old days when the emperor's authority was weak because the territory was too wide, the emperor's authority did not work in areas far from the capital.

In order to effectively rule the empire, the old emperors divided the land into north, south, east, and west except for the central part where the capital is located.

In addition, the authority to manage the area was delegated to the nobleman with the largest territory in each area.

As the times changed and the emperor's power became stronger, the families that were the Lords of the North, South, and East walked the path of destruction one after another.

However, the Reston family still held the title.

Although the current Duke of Reston lost his post as prime minister, he was still the Lord of the West.

“I am not asking for it forever. Please let Fritz hold the position for three years, no, two years.”

Kaizen noticed why Astelle asked him to give the position to Fritz.

"If my brother receives the title, there will be no difficulty for him to succeed the Duke in the future."

"Is that even possible? The Duke won't back down so easily."

In fact, Kaizen could get rid of the Duke if he wanted to.

If he investigated the attempted assassination, the Duke would be a traitor.

But he didn't or else Astelle would be the daughter of a traitor.

Moreover, if the Duke dies as a traitor, Theor will become the prince of a descendant of a traitorous family.

Such a disgraceful mark will follow him like a label for the rest of his life, even if he becomes emperor.

“Don't worry. I will convince him."

Astelle had the confidence to convince her father.

To be more precise, she will intimidate him, not convince him.

The best intimidation is about the attempted assassination masterminded by the Duke.

But Astelle can never use that card.

If that happens, it will be fatal to her and Theor as well.

But Astelle had another way.

How to threaten his father to hand over the title to her brother, Fritz.

"......okay. I accept that condition. Do as you please.”

As long as the Reston family could be defended and only the Duke of Reston quietly retreated, it would be an advantage for Kaizen as well.

Astelle looked at him for a moment and said,

“......and there is one more condition. I would like to set the contract period to be five years. After that, if I ask for a divorce, please accept it any time."

Kaizen, whose mouth was slightly open, looked at her in disbelief.

He looked like he never imagined that such words would be spoken by Astelle.

“Theor is my son, he will be the Crown Prince.”

Kaizen's voice trembled with anger.

"Still, you're going to get a divorce?”

"Yes, I want you to promise that you will divorce me at any time."

In order to protect Theor's position, Astelle had to maintain the position of empress in the imperial palace.

Still, Astelle wanted to hold the last key to finding freedom.

She would be able to endure the life of the imperial palace only if she had the key in her hand to untie the shackle.

But Kaizen did not understand her heart.

Instantly, sparks lit up in his red eyes.

Kaizen was more furious than when he heard about Theor's birth.

Astelle intends to live as an empress for several years and leave after establishing Theor's position.

"What are you going to do if I don't promise you?"

Light green eyes of unknown depth looked at him again.

“If you do not comply with the conditions, I will refuse the marriage proposal."

“Are you going to leave Theor in the imperial palace?”

Kaizen thought Astelle couldn't do that.

But Astelle answered firmly,

"If you don't comply with my conditions, it can't be helped."

Kaizen clenched his fists tightly.

Her attitude that pushed him away made him suffocate.

But all of this was caused by himself.

It would not have happened if he hadn't abandoned Astelle six years ago.

He knew it was all his own fault.

However, Kaizen did not want to let Astelle go.

Astelle might give up on the two of them and leave, but Kaizen couldn't give up on Astelle.

He closed his eyes tightly.

"......okay. I promise.”

9. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda agree with you here. Also to what I read in the spoiler (that latest chapter 88), if they still continued this loveless marriage and learned earlier that the MC is pregnant, there’s a possibility of killing the child and the MC. Remember that the ML was very new to his position as an emperor and there were many things that he need to prioritise than love such as the stability of the country and looking out for the MC’s traitor father. Its good that he was able to see MC’s true character and not just stick to his previous shallow prejudice when they traveled together. But still I don’t like how he never change his arrogant disposition and pushed the mc on the limelight many times without consideration such as proposing in public without informing her beforehand thus the revelation that the mc has an “illegitimate child”. But on the other hand, I think that him being in the royal family contribute to his arrogance because it is a position naturally handed to him and he was not used to lowering his pride to someone lower to him.

10. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    At first I thought that, however I may be angry on the male lead but it's true that he didn't had any feelings for her. For him, he was forced into this union and was bound in a loveless marriage, I also read about that he gave her compensation (although she declined) was enough, he may have not loved or cared but we can't force feelings can we?
    And oh boy! How wrong I was. He indeed was at fault, he was not only indifferent to her but also disrespectful, now reading the novel, I can't help but want to slap himself.

• Once Kaizen and Astelle went to hunting, Kaizen was agitated and frustrated with her but as he was putting on a show of a good fiancé, he was just slightly sarcastic to her and Astelle did get that and was embarassed. Astelle didn't came in out of her own will, she was pushed to the hunting in the name of being a good finaceé.

Kaizen left Astelle and went to explore further in the forest but he fell into a lake. Astelle saved him luckily after following the sound of the splash. She was bruised because of the pressure of such a healthy man and was ill because they became wet as it was raining. She had a high fever, Kaizen visited her half heartedly and only after exchanging a few words and falsely promising that he will return to see her, went away to never come back, poor Astelle waited and waited but Kaizen never came to visit her again. It was so heartbreaking to read.

Read this chapter for yourself -
    This chapter is after Astelle tried to take Kaizen's permision to send Marquis (grandfather) and Theor back to the countryside in front of all the nobles so he won't reject, but he did, he rejected her coldly with his voice raised and sharp.
    What's going on?"
    Originally, I was going to ask for a favor when the ball was almost over. I was going to ask Kaizen, who got tired and bored, just before he left the ballroom.
    Suddenly, Kaizen applied for a dance unexpectedly, drawing everyone's attention. I can't do this. If you stay here for a long time, you don't know what else will happen.
    Astell just decided to go back with Kaizen's permission right now.
    Astel slowly knelt in front of Kaizen. And I brought up what I had prepared.
    "Your Majesty, my maternal grandfather, Marquis Kalenberg, is very tired of coming a long way together because of me. It's been a while since you've been away from home for a long time.….”
    All the eyes of the people around me were focused on this side.
    Astel continued to talk with tears in his eyes.
    "He's very sick, so he's lying in bed. It breaks my heart to think that it's all because of me."
    With a pathetic expression, he dropped his gaze and shed tears. A drop of tears flowed down my cheek.
    The former Empress, who was kicked out, is crying in front of the emperor because her old maternal grandfather is sick. It was a scene that looked pitiful enough. The nobles watching began to add words one by one.
    "Is the marquis sick?"
    "Oh, my. You must be old..."….”
    Even if they did not live in the capital, most of the nobles were people who had heard of their grandfather's name. Some people said they would send me medicine or something.
    Kaizen, who was looking at him with complicated eyes, approached Astel. He put his hands around Astel's shoulders and raised him up. He comforted me affectionately.
    "Don't blame yourself." Why do you think it's your fault.”
    It was a much more friendly attitude than expected. It was a problem because he was too sweet.
    As the two got too close together, there was a strange atmosphere again.
    Astell pulled back a little and got away from Kaizen. And he didn't miss the opportunity and quickly continued to talk.
    "Fortunately, thanks to your Majesty's care, my grandfather has recovered a lot. I beg you, your Majesty. "Can't you send your grandfather and nephew back to the mansion first?"
    Surprised by what Empress Jeon was trying to say, the people watching lost interest when they saw a trivial request.
    It was a request that could be fully understood. Everyone, of course, thought the emperor would allow it.
    It was already known to those who lived here why Astel followed the emperor's pursuit. Although I don't know the details, it is known that it is related to Queen Hwang's will.
    It doesn't matter if the elderly and children who don't have to be taken back because they're not taken away for sin. In fact, from the emperor's point of view, it was better not to take the two. Even if I take him, he'll just get in the way.
    Everyone thought so and guessed that the emperor would do Astel's favor. The same was true of Astel. So when Kaizen answered firmly, everyone was surprised.
    "No!"
    "What?"
    Astell was surprised and raised his head and asked back.
    Kaizen, who had been affectionately comforting Astel until just now, was as cold as a stone statue. Anger glared in the red eyes facing Astel.
    "No..." Why are you getting angry?’
    "Your Majesty, as well as your grandfather, young Theor also had a fever recently..."….”
    "Yeah, I'm not feeling well either, so I don't have to send them back a long way.”
    Kaizen refuted Astell's words with a tone that seemed to suppress annoyance.
    "As I said before, it's better to go to the capital and see a proper doctor for treatment. "I think it's better to get a doctor and find out about your child's tutor."
    "Your Majesty, but..."
    "Stop."
    Kaizen blocked Astel's words severely as before. A fierce gaze faced Astel.
    "This is an order.”
    He looked determined that he would not allow any refutation.
    “…….”
    Astel shut up with an absurd face. My head cooled down.
    The people watching were also embarrassed. I didn't understand why they didn't give me permission.
    Belian, who I heard right next to me, even wanted to ask Kaizen why he wouldn't let me. However, the emperor looked so bad that no one dared to intervene. Everyone just watched this situation with their mouths closed.
    Kaizen stared at Astel with a strong gaze, then turned around and went out of the banquet hall. Astel had no choice but to watch his back. After the emperor disappeared, people began to comfort Astel, who was standing in a daze.
    "Lady, don't be too disappointed."
    "The marquis will recover."
    "Thank you for taking care of me."
    Astell was roughly comforted by people and then escaped. Si-jong, who came with him, said he would guide him to the annex, but he refused.
    Astel walked along the garden path, stepping on a stone with cold night dew.
    There was a chill in the dark garden. When I inhaled the cold air, my mind felt a little clearer. My heart was still in a state of disarray.
    "No, why?"
    Astel was speechless.
    Why did he get so angry and refuse? I didn't understand what on earth there was something to be so angry about.
    In order to organize the will of Queen Hwang, Astel himself needs to go to the capital, but why do you want to take Grandpa and Theor?
    I expected that there would be a strange reaction if I talked about it when there were only two of us. That's why I chose the ballroom.
    I didn't expect him to force himself to leave even in front of so many people. I thought I would act like an emperor if I had a lot of eyes. I didn't know you would be so stubborn for no reason.
    It was ridiculous and angry. It was so amazing that I had no energy to think about what to do now.
    After walking for a long time, it was near the tea room. Under the moonlight, a light blue roof of tea rooms was visible. Astell took a deep breath to calm down. After leaving the banquet hall and breathing cool air, I felt like I was going to live now.
    Astel relieved his frustration near Dasil, where there was no one for a while.
    From around the evening, I had a headache because I was dressed up and smelled food and alcohol. The smell of grass and trees in the garden made my head feel clearer.
    A sweet scent passed through the tip of my nose in the fresh wind. Astel slowly breathed in and looked up.
    The first thing that caught my eye was the white shining moon. And next to it, I saw white petals covering the black night sky.
    It was acacia. Acacia trees that grew high in the sky were hanging fragrant white flowers on the tea thread.
    The night breeze passed through the feathery light petals. Whenever the calm wind shook the branches, the flowers hanging in layers shook like a landscape. The scent of white acacia quietly permeated the wind.
    Astell wiped away his anger as he saw the pure white flower.
    It was still too early to fall asleep. Maybe Theor is waiting. I couldn't show such anger in front of the child.
    At that moment, I heard a familiar voice next to me.
    "Astelle"
    When I lowered my gaze in surprise, there was a familiar person in the dark shade.
    It was Kaizen. He was standing under the acacia.
    "Let's talk for a second."
    His red eyes under the moonlight were dark black. There was still a blazing anger in the eyes.
    "What do you want to say?"
    The same was true of Astel's anger.
    "That's why you came.”
    Kaizen smiled in vain as he approached Astel.
    "That's why I came here. You said you'd attend the ball to get that permission from me, right?”
    Of course I did. Otherwise, I wouldn't attend a ball.
    Astell immediately realized why Kaizen was angry. Astel himself seems to have hated attending the ball with hidden intentions. Is that why he refused to let Theor and his grandfather go back?
    Even if I knew the answer, I still didn't understand it.
    "You can't do that?"”
    "Ha."
    Kaizen asked as if arguing with a smile.
    "Why is it so important to send your grandfather back?"”
    "Why do you want to take Theor and his grandfather to the capital?" "Why do you want them to go together?"
    Astel, who was hit on the head, asked him a question on the contrary.
    "If you don't take him and the old man, you'll go back as soon as the capital's work is over."
    "Is it weird that I want to go back home?"”
    "It's your house?" You live in the marquis' house!”
    Kaizen was as frustrated and angry as Astel. Unlike Astel, there was a difference that Kaizen was not aware of why he was angry.
    "You want to go back to the marquis' mansion?" How long are you going to live in that house while taking care of the kid?
    Kaizen mentioned Theor to explain the anger of unknown reasons.
    "What if Theor gets older?" What if he gets married and brings his new marquis wife? Are you going to live in that house like a military member?
    He knew that it didn't make sense when he spit it out.
    Astel was so amazing that I couldn't even respond for a while.
    Are you saying that you're angry because you're worried about my future? About 20 years from now?
    "Thank you for worrying so much about my future, Your Majesty. Are you doing this because you don't like me living in your grandfather's house?”
    "Yes, I want you to be in the capital..."…!”
    Kaizen, who was screaming, belatedly realized the mistake and blurred his words.
    Kaizen wanted Astel to live in the capital. I wanted to keep Astel in touch.
    When you return to the capital after this journey, Astel will leave again. At the far eastern end, he goes beyond his sight.
    Maybe we will never meet again in our lives.
    Whenever I remembered that fact, I was angry and went crazy.
    "You want me to live in the capital city?"”
    Astell asked as if he couldn't understand.
    "Why?"
    Kaizen himself wanted to know why. Whenever he was involved in Astel, Kaizen couldn't understand why he was doing this. Ironically, however, as soon as Astel asked that, Kaizen finally found the reason.
    Why he paid so much attention to Astel.
    Why I was so happy to see Astel at the ball, and why I was so distressed every time I imagined him leaving.
    He confessed his mind honestly.
    "I want you to be by my side."
    Astel didn't understand this situation for a while.
    "What did I just hear?"’
    The cold moonlight was shining on the white petals. Near the dark tea room, there was a refreshing scent of dark acacia.
    The two stood side by side in the picturesque night landscape. However, it was a heavy silence between the two.
    "Do you want me to stay by your side again"?
    Kaizen stared at Astel with a shaky look. I didn't know I'd talk like this. I didn't think I could confess affectionately. But in this way...….
    "Okay."
    The moment I said that word, I felt nervous in my heart.
    "I want you to be by my side."
    I didn't express my heart for a long time, but it was a sincere confession to him. However, there was no need to be nervous while waiting for the response.
    Immediately Astel spat out coldly.
    "I don't want to."
    Astel's face, exposed under the moonlight, was pale and cold like a corpse.
    "I don't want to go back. I will never return, especially by your side."
    He was calmly answering, but Astel was feeling like throwing up.
    "You want me to stay by your side"?”
    Ha. That was an amazing sound.
    Perhaps six years ago, I would have felt happiness and joy when I heard that. You must have been so happy that your heart was full. Yeah. There was a moment when I didn't want to leave this man even if I died. At that time, I would rather die than be abandoned by this man.
    I was foolish to love this man sincerely.
    "Your Majesty told me to leave six years ago.”
    I was told to leave by a man I loved all my life. Astel's world collapsed that day.
    When I was told to divorce, I would rather die. However, Kaizen hoped Astel would not die. If Astel dies, Kaizen will be a cold emperor who killed his wife on the first day of his honeymoon. He hoped Astel would just endure humiliation and leave.
    "I accepted the divorce and left without regret because your Majesty wanted it."
    So Astel followed as Kaizen wanted. I gave up my mind about him and left forever enduring humiliation.
    It was ironic. The moment Astel wanted to stay with Kaizen at any cost, Kaizen abandoned him.
    And only now that Astel abandoned all his emotions and became indifferent to him, Kaizen was asking Astel to return to the capital.
    I think it's an amazing situation. Astel said coldly with a smile.
    "Your Majesty may think he can do anything as he wishes, but there are things in the world that can never be reversed."
    Kaizen seems to have sincerely believed that if he paid back Astel now, things would disappear.
    It was surprising that it could be that selfish.
    “…….”
    Kaizen couldn't say anything.
    Astel looked at him, bent his knees and bowed his head with thorough manners.
    "If you don't have anything more to say, I'll leave."
    Astell turned around without regret.
    Kaizen couldn't take his eyes off Astel until he disappeared from sight.
    I mean look how insensitive, disrespectful, shameless and selfish he is, sounds and acts. How can you be ignorant all these years when the people around you were praising you finacé, were you deaf? Even if she was the enemy's daughter, she risked her life for you to save her once, she took care of all your needs and was never once demanding or complained about the times you left her disappointed, how can you now force her into such a situation when she is so vulnerable and has been attacked thrice. (Previously by one of his potential suitor's sister and her mother)

Also read this part and cry, it was so heartbreaking :
    Unlike the foggy garden, the banquet hall where the ball was held was full of people. The sweet sound of music covering the sound of rain and the whispering voice of people. Shining jewels seen between shawls and lace.
    On the ceiling, a huge chandelier shining like starlight sprinkled colorful light on the vast ballroom.
    Astell, a nineteen-year-old, was at the center of it.
    Astel hosted the court's event as the crown prince's fiancee. On that day, he came into the Imperial Palace from dawn to prepare for the ball and conducted the maids and servants without a break.
    It was not until sunset that I applied white powder to my tired face and changed into colorful night clothes brought from the mansion. And he appeared at the ball as a prospective side dish of the court.
    However, the first dance had to be left to someone else. Because Kaizen, who had been hunting, returned later than time.
    Astel waited for about an hour, but Kaizen did not come. The band, which was waiting for the emperor's order to just start, began to play.
    Minuet came out. Kaizen then appeared at the ballroom only after about five dance times.

"Your Highness."

Astell approached Kaizen standing by the window. Looking out of the window silently, he turned around.

"Your Highness, is there something upsetting about you?"'
    "ASTEL."

A smile bloomed on Kaizen's face, who had a little boyish look.
    Kaizen had a blunt personality, but Astel sometimes showed such a friendly appearance.
    Whenever Astel looked back on the past, he wondered if it would have been a little better if he had been cold-hearted from the beginning.
    'Yeah. Much better.'
    Astel would not have loved Kaizen if he had rather expressed his disgust honestly. He would not have devoted his life to vain hope.
    Kaizen smiled affectionately and held Astel's hand.

'No. I'm just tired.'

Astel winked at the maid who followed. As if she had waited, the maid supported the teacup in a small tray. A clear white teacup contained steaming tea.

"I prepared a warm herbal tea in advance because I thought you might be tired."'
    'You're so attentive.'

Kaizen accepted the teacup, praising Astel.

'As you know, I don't like to dance.'

After drinking warm tea, he said to Astell.

'You can go out and have fun. You like things like this.'
    'Thank you for your consideration for me, Your Highness. But I also...….'

I don't like ball games either. I just want to be with your highness as it is.
    But Astel couldn't say that to Kaizen.
    This is because Kaizen's servant ran to the place where the two were. Sijong said something to his ear. Kaizen asked Astel for understanding.

'I think I have to go for a while.'

He let go of Astel's hand and turned around.

"I'll be back." "Please wait for me."
    "Yes, your highness."

Astel was looking at the back of Kaizen, who was moving away.
    If you dance with another man, there will be bad rumors about the behavior of the prince-to-be in society from that night. Kaizen didn't seem to think that far. Or I'm not that interested.
    I was disappointed, but Astell didn't show it and endured it. As always.
    I heard a clear sound of rain from the window.
    The bright lights and dancers of the banquet hall were reflected in the glass window containing the night sky. Cold rainwater flowed down through the colorful light.
    The garden of the night was submerged in the still darkness. The appearance of the misty garden was blurred with light gray.
    Astell stayed at the ballroom until the servants cleaned up the surroundings after the ball. However, even if she waited all night, Kaizen never returned.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2022
  11. YuviellaHart

YuviellaHart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh and here i thought Raymond, the ML for I Won't Accept Your Regret is already bad but now i just discovered a way horrible version of him lmao. This ML is sht.

Lisaa, Jukki, Ariary and 13 others like this.
  12. Ai_Kei

Ai_Kei Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it just because it's interesting and I want to see how the emperor will suffer from her refusals (hopefully there will be a lot)

13. syofiaa

syofiaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou so much for posting this.

If I want to read sad things, then I'll revisit this thread.

I wished there's at least a scene where Theo said he hate the emperor or Astell said she better dead rather than be with him :blobsick::blobsob::blob_teary:.
    What to do, I really hate him for having his way to a happy ending :( he is a scum.

14. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow,I totally love female lead!!

15. adrasteialavien

adrasteialavien Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THE MANHWA IS FINALLY OUT!!!!!

your crush likes this.
  16. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not a fan when the baby look COMPLETELY LIKE ONE PARENT IN THIS TYPE OF SETTING YOU KNOW. Let him think she had a baby with some else or something like that

17. Boohenol

Boohenol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THE AUDACITY???? This mf emperor??????? Imma smack his head omg he is so annoying

Oh yeah the manhwa is out and mind to tell me how to post pictures on reply????

18. Kanatee

Kanatee New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did we get a lot of Theor scenes in the novel? I frankly never held any interest towards the ML. I’m just here for the little boy because he’s cute

BananaChi and Alexaaa_23 like this.
  19. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jukki, syofiaa, _EyeCandy_ and 4 others like this.
  20. Alexaaa_23

Alexaaa_23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I HEARD THIS IS HAVING A MANHWA ADAPTATION.... WHAT A WASTE OF ART.

ANOTHER FL WHO'S GONNA
    END UP W A MF