Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. covertcookie

covertcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a brief summary:

• [*]Sidina lent Maxi her coat to cover her thin dress. According to Sidina, a maid helped her hide as the couple was staying in an exclusive place reserved for royals and high nobles.
      [*]The two talked about why Maxi was away for quite sometime, why Sidina went secretly and the rumors about the Calypse couple.
      [*]Maxi went out with Sidina to send off her wizard friends.
      [*]Riftan woke up from a deep sleep. He recalls sleeping only for around 2-3 hours for years. Then, he realized his wife was gone and started to panic. When the maid tried to explain his wife's whereabouts, his mind went blank he just went out with an empty head.
      [*]Our boy just ran out frantically searching for his wife, and when one of Maxi's wizard colleagues told him that his wife went to the canal (where the boats are), he ran out without an armor or a coat. When he arrived at the crowded location, a man told him that wizards already left. As he was about to get a horse to chase the boat, he saw Maxi.
      [*]Maxi was surprised to see him. While crying, Riftan told her that she was right that he's only protecting himself. He told his wife that he does not wish to be separated from her again. The couple is crying while in each other's arms.
      [*]The line at the end was quite confusing, but imo, I think Riftan said that even if Maxi will be in trouble as he will be with him, he will not let go. Remember that Riftan thinks that his wife suffered because she's with him so he wants her out away from him and be safe. He already decided to send her away to Nornui, but he realized he can't let her go.
    From the time Riftan woke up, the story was told through his POV.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Ac03, MagnicKris, IraHera and 32 others like this.
  2. YesA17

YesA17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know how to top up 1000 won using happy money in riddi?

3. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the rumors about the calypse couple that Sidina talked about?

4. covertcookie

covertcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rumors about the couple spending an unusually long time in the said luxurious place and Riftan keeping his wife in custody. Apparently, the maids were not even allowed to talk to her or see her face. :ROFLMAO:

5. Safeng

Safeng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This chapter really was one hell of a ride with the mtl. One minute I was laughing at Sidina's remarks, then crying because of Riftan afterwards, and then shocked at that 'gangster' ending. Ah, it's one of those times I wish I understood Korean.

6. chipi

chipi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what Riftan meant in the last sentence of this chapter was "even if it hurts, I’ll still be with you."

7. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naww they are crying n hugging in public i hope Uslyn Hebaron Ruth Eliott Agnes Yurishion n Sejour Aren saw them then teases them like crazy:D

8. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    news of the calypse couple's romance must have easily spread throughout osyria. ha ha.
    at least it is an interesting love story among other heroic stories in wartime.
    and soon we will meet with agnes first.
    but why is royald still there huh? while Sidina and the others have decided to leave because the loot negotiations are not progressing. And why did Sidina go to another area before going to WT?

I also wonder if quahel needs help catching warlocks. did he catch it? or maybe it became a story idea in quahel pov.

what is clear is that there will be no more monsters here. Balto couldn't possibly raise a monster because it required a very remote area from humans, and it was difficult to control it over long distances.

maybe church conflict with warlocks, balto with whedon and other countries will be two separate conflicts

9. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, they found the warlocks' graves in the monster city. I thought they were all extinct and now the paladins are searching again? Very strange. I guess Balto is working with the warlocks together.

Mrs_W and the english writer like this.
  10. MariaDolens

MariaDolens Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading this on Ridy (Redy?) at two timelines. Around chapters 40 and of course (being a sucker for spoilers) the latest ones.

So today I'm reeling that Maxi fell off a cliff and Riftan f*cking jumped off after her. Their cave shenanigans. AND the full frontal/BJ/riftan emotions out today.

And I also found a fking amazing fan fic site that's had me laughing and bawling in equal measure.

Under the Oak Tree has ruined me. I'm supposed to be an objective scientist.

I feel weird. I think I need a 24 hour break.

*Sorry for numerous edits. It's the tears in my eyes! From laughing or crying I don't know.

11. v0rz3

v0rz3 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please tell me what remarks sidina made about maxi and Riftan staying in the room for so long and any other remarks she made that were funny

luliibunny likes this.
  12. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in previous chapter she knows maxi is with riftan but worried that why after 3 days she still hasnt return to their dorm. She wasnt sure if her plans earlier to make Riftan jealous was successful or not and she is worried that Riftan might harm Maxi. She said a week the Calypse couple locked themselves in that room were too much haha.
    In this chapter she said she did try to pass messages to maxi through the maids but the mesages didnt get through. So she had to beg the maids to let her enter their room to find maxi. She heard gossips that even the maids are not allowed to talk n look at maxi’s face because Riftan held her captive. And she said the rooms are actually reserved for royals n nobles to have secret affair but it is unusual that people use the rooms as long as Calypse couple using it haha. She said Anette is so worried about Maxi because Maxi had been heartbroken for Riftan for so many times but if Anette look at Maxi now she will have no reasons to worry anymore.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  13. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    probably the rumor that maxi is being held captive by her husband..

14. MariaDolens

MariaDolens Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They were gossiping Riftan was keeping her captive. He wasn't. It was gossip.

Ac03 likes this.
  15. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am relieve that my own theory of kidnap didn't happen. But yes, the reconciliation part is there, and that is what i am hoping for.
    I hope there will be more deep talk or at least moments for couple before the upcoming war
    I am dying to hear that "i love you" :blob_blush: word
    And i am curious for the people around them react after one week of locking up
    Especially sneaky Sejour Aren or even Hebaron unfiltered mouth would be hilarious in my imagination :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

16. the english writer

the english writer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    UTOT gets us all like this! No kidding, I'm broken. Book 1 was the worst though, oh my days, I couldn't speak properly for days after reading the final chapter.

mj209, MariaDolens and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  17. JethroSkywalker

JethroSkywalker Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi im from the Philippines, and im new here. I was thinking if i can borrow someone's account, like I'm definitely willing to pay. I wanted to read on ridibooks like everyone recommends but I don't have an account. Even if create one, i don't have a passport to confirm my age. i also don't have any credit cards and such. Sorry for being too desperate to read the book. I currently stopped on the Prologue of Book 2 and I can't help but to be frustrated because i can't seem to use all the recommendations sent here :< I want to read it in the right way but I'm lacking out of options. Someone pls help :((

im also looking for discord friends out there to make the communication much easier for me. UTOT is the first korean novel I've read and obviously I'm also new to Ridibooks, Webnovel and such.

... hope someone notices me and help me find a way T^T

18. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys! We are so spoiled. <3 lol Love this video promotion from Manta. It perfectly sums up the things they want to say to each other but couldn’t.

19. JethroSkywalker

JethroSkywalker Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, if UTOT gets a physical copy, a TRANSLATED ONE PLEASE, then im most likely to buy it even im overseas. Just please author don't make me wait for too long 'cause i have a bad habit of forgetting what book didn't i finished reading lol. anyways please somebody help. my frustration just gets stronger everytime im reading all the comments hear like- "I WISH I COULD READ THAT, TOO!" T^T

upppp

20. Mrs_W

Mrs_W Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw did you all understand in the last chapter that Riftan rushed through the city shirtless. And now in their stable reunion still remains shirtless. If that won't stir up the rumour mill even more and draw attention to the Calypse couple I don't know what will :ROFLMAO: I find this disturbingly hot ... Going to #hornyjail bye :barefoot: