Spoiler I Betray My Dignity / Betrayal of Dignity

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Nov 2, 2021.

1. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Around chapter 75 is when she ran away. It's around chapter 90 when he found her and they reconcile. The novel only has 110 chapters so you can see how the author drew out the pacing having her run away really late and one or so chapter to find her and get her back. It was fluff in the rest of the chapter until 100 when they encounter the prince. And the rest was dealing with him. The novel is popular because of the ML's obsessiveness but otherwise in terms of regret, it wasn't drawn out that long. Even these korean reviews pretty much voiced what I felt, that there was no regret/remorse or apology.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  2. Syalalabla

Syalalabla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I desperately need spoiler and found this and i hate the ml more. Wtf you do that to someone you claimed that you love. Its soo annoying but i hate myself that i cant stop read this. This ml is the same trash as the ml in if i cant be your wife.

3. aloeveraa

aloeveraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thankyou for all the spoilers. i've read up to chapters 22 and im currently in a state where i just want to see the ML breath his last breath.....painfully.

part of me did wonder if the writer would make a great redempt arc for him later (but i doubt it since he's a lost case for my standard at this point), and well...the spoiler didnt dissapoint. he's staying the trash right until the end. would drop this and save myself from the future headaches

4. dearsir

dearsir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not at some of us dropping this because of ML. It the character development for us... we tired of shitty ML :LOL:

It's sad because that cover art is within some of the best I see yet.

5. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    I thinks it’s by delta0.9 (same person who drew “the castle” knovel art)
    U should check her/his ig.That was the moment I realized an art can kill a man

aneliese, Ac03 and zoefleyl like this.
  6. Kyrina

Kyrina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From chapter 77, when Damian interrogating Eliza, his former maid, to track the runaway Chloe.

"When you became aware of her plan, why did you help her, knowing that I wouldn't forgive you?" (Damian)

"Why?" Eliza smiled slightly. Her eyes were red.

"I don't know. If I tell you that is because I am human, will you understand, Duke?" (Eliza)

Hah! Listen to that. Of course, he wouldn't understand, because he was a trash.

Actually, the plot is really good and the character is also written well, except for the redemption arc. FL should've just shot him for real and left him again LOL.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  7. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually laughed so hard when I read this :blobrofl: What happened with the redemption arc? Did she easily forgive him and they both lived happily ever after?

8. Kyrina

Kyrina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, exactly like that. And it only took 10 days for him to court her. :facepalm:
    And he didn't even feel remorse for his past action.

9. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruhhh :blobpopcorn_two: I was expecting him to grovel for a while anyways thanks for the spoiler

athene911 and darkcrystal like this.
  10. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Five new side stories were posted today on Ridibooks.

The side stories are about Chloe and Damian after the main story's ending. The content is pretty lovey-dovey, so I'm guessing that the side stories were probably written to provide readers with an extra bit of fluff after the otherwise fairly abrupt ending to the main story.

In the first story, Chloe and Damian are on a train, drinking and playing a spin-the-bottle game of challenging each other to truthfully answer questions. The questions include:

Q: "Who was the first person you wanted to kiss romantically?"
    Chloe's answer is her childhood friend George; Damian's answer is the goddess of victory painting at the museum.

Q: "What is the most shameful lie you ever told?"
    Chloe's most shameful lie was breaking a vase and keeping quiet even when her sister was blamed for it. Damian's answer: "There are so many that it is difficult to count them..." :blobdevil:

Chloe: "If Damian Ernst von Tisse could make only one wish to God, what would it be?"
    Damian: "To meet you even if you are reborn."

In the third and fourth story, Chloe finally becomes pregnant and eventually gives birth to twins. The twins are named Anna and Declan.

In the last two side stories, the twins are shown at four years old and then at nine years old. In the last chapter, Anna finds an old unsent love letter written by Chloe to Damian, which she delivers to her parents.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  11. taengoo309

taengoo309 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for this! I was confused when I saw this event. I thought, didn’t I already finish reading the entire novel on Ridibooks? Then I proceeded to buying all side stories. Didn’t realize they are new!

aneliese likes this.
  12. Riddhi Agarwal

Riddhi Agarwal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened between ch 32 - 59 spoiler plzzzzz

raisha lionel likes this.
  13. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Duh 90 chapters of emotion and mental abuse then bam, everything were forgiven lol. Is this a farce.

Clauve, treyyy, donaiseiyuu and 3 others like this.
  14. Kyrina

Kyrina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since the last time I read them, but I try to summarize what I remember.

Chloe accidentally heard the marquise confessed her love to Damian and she was hurted by their affair. She went to Gray's place that evening for consolation and only came back at dawn (nothing happened between them). In the morning, the marquise was found dead and the poison was found among Chloe's belonging.

Chloe was arrested. Because she was a duchess, she wasn't detained in prison but in an old monastery. She couldn’t give her alibi that she was with Gray that night, because it would tarnish her reputation and implicated her family, so she kept quiet.

Damian stated that she was with him that night, but his statement was questioned because there was no proof. It was grim situation and most likely Chloe would be found guilty and sentenced to death. But during the trial, he presented new proof which pointed the marquise maid as true culprit and Chloe was freed.

Little she knew that her husband was the one who framed her. The murder case was actually an attempt from the royal family to discredit Damian. It was initially set to look as suicide of a scandalous lover, but he diverted the bullet to Chloe and portrayed it as murder by jealous wife. He did it so he could made her feel indebted to him and gained her trust.

As expected, their relation took new turn after the trial and they finally consummated their marriage. Gray, however, was expelled from the castle and Chloe was angry when she found out. It ended with Damian's love confession. There were sweet moments afterwards. He took her to concert, accompanied her visiting her father, etc. Basically, he gave her the best and supported her family well.

Eventually she was pregnant. Unfortunately, it wasn't best timing. The king had just passed away and the country was in succession chaos. To make it worse, she found documents in Damian's safe which showed that he was behind her father bankruptcy and her murder accusation. She confronted him and had bleeding. The baby was safe but it was unstable pregnancy.

Not long after, there was plague and Chloe was ill. Her condition was worsening day by day and Damian was furious when he knew that she refused to take medicine because it could harm the baby. He forced-fed her the medicine. Can't really blame him for this. It's always difficult to choose which one is prioritized to safe, the baby or the mother.

Chloe was cured but lost her baby. They had big argument when she asked for divorce. She was confined in the castle, while he went to capital for battle of throne. To cope with her grief, she isolated herself in a secluded cabin.

When he returned, he was greeted with the scene of fire burning the cabin where she stayed. Ignoring his own safety, he rushed inside and brought out a charred corpse. He despaired and wailed in agony like injured beast.

I would like to add here that Damian truly loved Chloe, and he knew it clearly from the start. But he needed everything to be within his grasp. He didn't accept failure and he needed to ensure that she would not reject him. Yes, he was undoubtedly a capable ruler, but he was a trash when it comes to human feeling.

And I must say, spoiler cannot portray this novel well enough because the beauty of this story is in the writing. The author did a good job in weaving the plot and fleshing out the character. I can visualize the scenes like watching a movie and keep wondering how it's going to end. It's the sole reason why I rated this highly despite I don't like the male lead and how it ended.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    Inasible, smeilia, EliVesper and 60 others like this.
  15. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The heck, he is a real thrash, just because he truly loved Chloe doesn't make it okay for him to drove her and her family to the edge of the cliff so he could play hero and she has no choice but to rely on him, his every action is what someone who is consumed by hatred and revenge would do. Rather than dominant Alpha, he seem like someone who suffered from inferiority complex, have zero confident that his handsome face and sexy bods could woe a woman so he choose to play a dirty scheme to trap her within his grasp, nah that's not love, it's just an obsession, he rather let the FL be so miserable than get his little 'pride' wounded by simple rejection, his so called love doesn't even overcame his inflated ego, in the end what matter the most to him is HIMSELF.

Desperate, Clauve, Mingxia and 24 others like this.
  16. shamalia

shamalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Yep, i like how the author wrote the story despite i dont really like Damian. The writer did such a good job to make me imagine the scene.

SinfulChibi, halcyonDayz and daviemae like this.
  17. Ilana

Ilana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh Damian suckssssss…. You find out later he marries Chole because during the war he finds gold on their land. She finds out while pregnant.
    There’s side chapters showing that he was entranced by her but instead of saying that he slut-shames her for trying to help wounded soldiers and says she must be desperate for attention because she’s such a beautiful person inside and out other guys are into her and he feels threatened and upset. UGHHHHHHHH i don’t like him. I dropped this halfway through.

18. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly this. It's so annoying that the author didn't even redeem him properly/enough and just gave him a happy ending after toying and cornering a disabled person out of pettiness. Not to mention how convenient that the FL forgave him easily because she's so in love and attracted to him for no discernable or logical reason (and people call that good writing). The only reason readers gave this story great and glowing reviews is because the irredeemable asshole is the ML. If you write this exact same story but with the FL and ML's role reversed everyone would trash this story and bash the FL to death no matter how well-written it is. I mean a lot of FLs already get flak just by slightly hurting the ML's feelings, imagine if they have Damien's personality...people would be frothing in the mouth in anger.

19. Galaxies_pob

Galaxies_pob Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ma bloods are boiling inside d**mit

20. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God. I am all up for a good angst with good redemption arc. But redemption here is so poorly handled. I wanted ML to suffer more consider all the shit he had done. It also doesn't help that fl is prone to his gaslighting and manipulation. One would think that when she ran away and he find her again she would make him crawl and beg but even if she was angry at him she is so easily seduced by him. I cannot forget that this person put her in debt, was ready to make scandal about her sis, married her for gold mine, then also let her suffer in the jail for 15 days so he can act as her savior and make her love him back. He had the audacity to say that I send you to jail cuz I love you. Mot#&rfu@*er :blobcurse: Wish FL's personality was colder and harsher. Or at least she was toxic like ML so I can enjoy this toxic duo. ML in the end suffered but he deserved it, fl did nothing to suffer things he did to her. Also s if he wasn't already annoying author made it fl's duty to rescue him.

Also, I wish I could kill FL's selfish little sister. I hated her alot. Turns out the guy she ran away with is a king and not some gypsy yet she did nothing for her family. I cannot understand how FL can even forgive her for abandoning her debt ridden family and not help them slightest bit yet fl is not angry on her. Her father is also a trash.

I am just going to assume the 4.7 rating on ridi is for writing and plot but not for romance or this piss poor ML.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022