Spoiler I'm Stanning the Prince [Manhwa]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shoshorang, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Queenofmirth

Queenofmirth More than a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only moment I can't think we have an explanation about the old war in the north is in chap 46.
    Empress Adelia is talking to the General Chancellor, thanking him for expanding the territories their crown prince(Rayray) will have to pay attention to.
    To me, it's hard to believe that the Empire took part in those wars to protect itself, it sounds to me more like they have an expansion project.
    Take a look at chap 46. That map that starts the chapter has two things to look at. There are the flames, and by now we know Rayburn himself uses the expression "set frames" to talk about start battles. And there are three "X"s in that map. Three conquers maybe? The north could have once been a country, maybe two countries or more. Or it could be made of just medieval fiefs.

Do you remember once Rayray went to the tree crying and Angela said he didn't have to explain himself and then he said that it had been the first time he had a disagreement with his father? To know that conversation details would change the way people see him as a monster, I can bet on that. Because our prince could once have said to his sister don't get tainted by the underground village. But in the end, it was him that became friends with a girl that had been made a slave.
    Hoya urged Rayray to get outside and see his country, and he could have seen something, he didn't like.

:blobsweat: I couldn't grasp which story you are talking about...

I will add a headcanon here
    The wedding between Angela and Rayburn. A great ceremony with many witnesses.
    After the celebrant confirms the union, they tell the two to kiss (is this a common thing or just my in culture? I don't know.)
    Angela is all red and frozen because they are supposed to kiss and they have a lot of eyes watching.
    Rayburn raises her chin and kisses her. It's supposed to be just a light touch of lips. He wasn't going for anything more than that.
    But Angela... her prince is kissing her! She forgets where they are and kisses him passionately in front of everybody.
    It's Rayburn's time to become embarrassed. The wedding guests become noisy. Some of them think that is indecent, others think that is romantic. But everyone is shaken.
    Angela is the only that is close enough to see Rayburn's red ears.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    eirenne, Mantillis, Bnx and 5 others like this.
  2. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoya on the bridesmaids side with her hand covering her face lol

3. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was looking at pictures of the series and realized we've now had two bed sharing chapters. First season chapter 44 (where rayburn adorably thought of how long he'd be away from Angela) and then chapter 65(Rayburn finally please!!! Realizes he's in love). Makes me wonder how many more scenes like that we will be blessed with

4. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait wasnt Rayburn always the first to realize his feelings from WAY BACK? Chapter 31? When Angela falls asleep on the couch after resolving their childhood misunderstanding then:
    Tapping her head and head butting affectionately and gently while saying "You got my hopes up for nothing. Angela" I SCREAMED AT THAT SCENE.
    Chapter 65 is basically
    Rayburn simp brain goes brrr "I really gotta stop jumping so high with hopes of Angela finally confessing. She's so cute- UGH MY GUT. *hears Rayb... from Angela mumbling* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH- damn it, foiled yet again. There goes my sleep. *admires Angela then stops her punch*... *gets back to admiring Angela and kis-kissies her to his hearts content*
    Snuggles also to his heart's content

Queen of Mirth the Manwha I mentioned is called "Emperor and the Female Knight" It really portrays gender inequality really well and boi the drama. The drama is hella good. And not to mention the Knight, Paulina is absolutely muah. Showstopping, spectacular, the world doesnt deserve her.

5. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See I've always wondered about that too like sir how is she supposed to confess when you always look stoic. I feel like he started to realize he cares about her when she went missing with Frederick but not sure if he realizes it's love. I think after picking up the doll lmao he was ah sh!t it is love. At the same time he needs to give her more concrete evidence that he loves her.

6. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    Angela says she understood how important Rayburn was for her when she ran away from the slavers trades, doesn't she? I don't remember in which chapter it happens though.
    And in chap 31 Angela almost says Rayburn is her first childhood love, but she chickens away and says the first person that I stanned.

And chap 32? The part where Rayburn says "You got my hopes up for nothing"? It is "괜히 혼자 설렜잖아."
    괜히 = In vain, for nothing, without a reason.
    혼자 = by one's self, on one's own.
    설렜잖아.... 설레다, it's a verb, flutter.
    And I don't understand until today if Rayburn was saying...
    Option A) I was excited (because you almost said you loved me) by myself without a real reason (because in the end, you didn't say that.)
    Option B) I was uneasy (because I didn't trust you and I thought you abandoned me) by myself without a real reason (In the end I made myself unhappy for nothing. You weren't the betrayer I thought you were. There was no need I be broken heart all those years. I made that against myself because I'm a fool).
    Was Rayburn sad because his hopes were frustrated or he was sorry because of his past mistakes with Angela?
    Please, please, please, anyone that understands Korean, can explain that to me?[

I don't think Angela needs concrete evidence of his love. That is not what is stopping her. The thing is that she doesn't think she has something to offer in a relationship because she was a slave and he is a prince. So even if Rayburn gives her the evidence, she will still think she is not good enough. Angela needs to see herself in a better light.
    Gosh, the Espelinds need her so much. Hoya and Rayburn need trust in people again, they need to learn other ways to do things because their way won't always work.
    And Rayburn is a dishonored prince with an enemy that doesn't stop to attack. He is also insecure, Is he good enough for her? He couldn't even stay by her side when she exposed the document.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  7. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No your right Angela does need more confidence like honey you saved their asses(Hoya and rayburn) and I feel like he regretted how he acted when she came back into his life. And now all I want is for Angela to grab a fist full of his shirt and kiss him like your my first and only love dingle berry.

8. albedoeh

albedoeh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m rereading again bc I miss this manhwa so much and not me imagining how stinky Rayburn had to be in chapter 65, please the way she says that he’s sweating a lot and all the blood on him and then he just hops on the bed :bloborz:I mean I wouldn’t mind If I were her aswell but-

9. MayaAelins

MayaAelins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the first one. Angela gave him a false hope that's why he was excited/his heart fluttered for no reason.
    설레 is usually mean happiness/expectation or nervousness. But it commonly used in a romantic situation, for example when you met your crush and your heart flutter or you got nervous(설레)

sugarwhale, eirenne, Lemew and 3 others like this.
  10. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much, I'm very grateful!
    :aww::blobsob::aww::aww::blobsob::aww::aww::blobsob::aww::aww:

Meomeo0411 and ISTP23 like this.
  11. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or how Angela smelled after getting off the boat after being in the underground like does it stink down there or nah? I can't imagine she had a bath on the boat probably just changed her clothes. Lol but whatever it was he cuddled her like his life depended on it with they rode the horse together

[I think while Rayburn would be nervous to be a dad he'd be a great one. His baby's always call him dad or daddy and love to snuggle with him (I would snuggle with him too if I didn't think Angela would knife me) just being a great dad, when Angela is breastfeeding he stays up with her so she doesn't feel alone or comforts them when they cry or are tired. Being like yolo in meetings with a kid asleep in his arms and or hanging off him like monkeys. Him and Angela take the kids walking around the territory to give them a normal childhood as possible. The emperor desperately wanting them to call him grandpa and them being lol no it's his Majesty. Rayburn jealous as the kids love their uncle Fred and play with his hair (I just need the siblings to be friends in the end please) and their badass uncle mano and auntie hoya ]

12. sugarwhale

sugarwhale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But Angela has changed her clothes in ship. When she got on the ship in ch51, she is in pink dress with cross ribbon and black bow on her pony tail. But when she arrive Vess, her clothes changed as pink dress with flower decorations. it is unknown how long the trip take, but I think Angela keeps her in the best condition in order to meet her mr right. (Before the boom and those messy it cause)

btw, it is sure that Rayburn is the one need to be considered. Before he come to Vess, he has already ride on the horse from night (ch53) to morning(ch56) (also, unknown how long it take, but at least 12h hours I guess?) he should be already swear before he join the beast hunt.

but it is ok for those love bird, they keep on cuddling for their reunion and ignore all other things

Lemew, Queenofmirth, albedoeh and 3 others like this.
  13. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you guys think after Rayburn refused to hand Angela over to the other knight at the port his men started a discussion over how rayburn acts around Angela? Lol maybe that start a fan club for the two

14. sugarwhale

sugarwhale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think so. they should have a fan club of course! It is necessary to prepare sunglasses and popcorn when stay next to the lovebirds and they have already get the premium seat! And it is rare for Rayburn to show his possessive to Angela and his weak(?) (I mean he sigh and lay his head on Angela’s shoulder after Angela give a hit to him) in front of public

Since the knight have discussed what will they get from the supply ship (they said “is that anything from house epselindo/ empire for us?) I would like to know how they feel when they know Rayburn give up their rest in order to catch his girl in the right timing. LOL

Queenofmirth, Meomeo0411 and ISTP23 like this.
  15. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao I bet Angela had no ideal Rayburn made his knights come sooner (for his wife!). Imagine the knights go up to him not realizing Angela is sitting on the horse with him (because he so huge) and his knights just straight up blurt out um sir? Was there anything for us on the ship?( I don't remember if they know why they left early) but have Rayburn sweating like sh!t I can't tell them I left in a rush to see my scholar (wife!) Early! And Angela being all ears.

16. miawallace

miawallace Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guys does this manhwa has a novel?

ISTP23 likes this.
  17. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as we are aware it's an original work no novel

18. miawallace

miawallace Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh thanks

ISTP23 likes this.
  19. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why it annoys me when I say post with a picture edit of Rayburn Angela and garnet talking about complicated relationship......like no. Even without Angela in the picture Rayburn told garnet he's not interested but she completely ignored that and still thinks he likes her. Idk I feel like it's overlooked bc he's a guy but he plainly said no thanks and his wishes aren't being honored.

20. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    First, wth? Angela-Ray-Garnet? Where did you find that? Say it so I will know that I shouldn't go there.

But I will give you a second explanation of why someone could imagine that other than ignoring Rayburn's healthy boundaries.
    It's fanfic, headcanon. Often, some details of the original work are blurred in favor of the headcanon story. If someone really wants to see a love triangle between the three of them, it doesn't necessarily mean that Rayburn's opinion is being ignored. Maybe it was just modified.

I'm a big fan of understanding the character as intimately as possible and writing fanfic from there. I really am. My biggest pride with my TFOTA fanfics was being praised for representing one of the characters in an almost "canon" way. (So much proud of that!)
    But most fanfics and headcanon are not like that, because they were guided by their own author's desire and free to go to places the canon wouldn't dare to. Probably created because the canon won't supply the desire for that specific plot.

Well, I'm not the guardian of the universal truth, it's just a point of view. But I hope it helps your mind to achieve peace with the issue.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022