Spoiler My Second Husband is Desperate and Depressed

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twilight_123, Jan 28, 2022.

1. bananaanna

bananaanna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so from the manhua i got that
    Idk how she got pregnant (wether it was forced or not, but all points towards rape) but the thing is that in the 1st life she had 2 kids. Each of the births were so complicated and she was on the verge of death in every childbirth that it left her profoundly traumatized. She also says that after nearly dying each time she was weaker afterwards. She told her 2nd husband she didnt want to have kids, and acknowledges that separating from 1st husband means she wont see her kids ever again but she says she prefers not seeing them ever again than going through that (can also mean the overall pregnancy was a nightmare) again.

Also!!! On the manhua it shows how she had a baby and was almost dead but concious still, and the 1st husband just came to the room saw the baby's face and also MC's pale face and returned immedeatly to war. like idgaf about MC. Just from that and the fact that 1st husband never spoke to her lets me know that he's trash.

2. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    If only the first husband act differently in the second time line this would’ve be like
    “Honey I’m going on strike”
    Both stories seems to have similar first timelines :hmm::hmm:

3. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, the first TL in Honey I'm going on strike was caused by really bad communication. Both ML and FL didn't try at all. They were extremely poor but ML still tried to give FL whatever she want and he loved his kids as well. If FL got sick, he would've stayed with her. But this husband doesn't seem to care at all when she clearly communicated that MILs are treating her badly, he is like deal with it and didn't even ask the wife who was on verge of dying if she was okay :blobawkward: Just coldly left again and it is heavily implied that there was no consent involved whenever they did it.

He kinda reminds me of FL's Dad from 'I was the real one'. Both treated them badly in first TL and reversed the time, both don't deserve forgiveness :blobunamused:

Ariary, mmem, Mingxia and 50 others like this.
  4. raxellayoo

raxellayoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think so, i see the raw when fl slapped the first husband while they're doing it, idk why, whereas honey im going on a strike, the fl is really submissive and just go with the flow without saying anything

5. Ariawolfgar

Ariawolfgar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also a key point being that Zester thought that Cassia did enjoy the sex, cuz she never told him anything. It’s funny how he reacts in the second time-line when she tell him “dude it hurt. I didn’t like it. You suck” hhahahaha. Now I’m pretty confident she enjoys each round with loving silly hubby. Wheras here we clearly saw the MC slapping her shitty husband and telling him “NO”, but he just continued. Assshole

6. withmedea

withmedea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so her first husband abandoned her to be left with 3 vile MILs and once her finally did come back, assaulted her till she turned 40? there is no redemption there, she even tried reaching out this time and he told her to deal with it…

7. hollymahayato

hollymahayato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww another usual trope. I just hope the MC gets her happy ending in her second life.

8. Macarol

Macarol Click on my signature for a surprise

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  9. joyfuldragon

joyfuldragon Stop re-reading, ur lists are piling up @ me

Reading List:
    Link
    Question. Why is Ian (the second husband) "desperate and depressed"? Is it because he's jealous of the ex-husband?

Mingxia, SkyLisette, Shey_04 and 4 others like this.
  10. Rovvo

Rovvo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 16

- She feels his hard d*ck and starts running away but ML hugs her.
    - He reassures her, tells her not to be nervous, and starts foreplay.
    - She seems to enjoy it.
    - They do it all night long.
    - FL calls him a scammer in the morning and starts insulting him.
    - "Now that I think about it you've only been mean to me, but I'm nice to you"
    - She realizes that he's been accepting her terms and following whatever she says so there must be a reason.
    - "Do you...like me?? But we've only recently met"
    - Ian tells her that at first he liked her face, especially her eyes, then the terms she offered, not wanting a baby, her intelligence, bravery, etc.
    - "I think you'll take good care of this family"
    - "I like when you treat me like a child" lol.
    - He starts going for another round to prove he really likes her but she stops him with excuses about how it's daytime and they have to eat.
    - She can't use the dress the maids prepared for her because she's covered in hickeys.

NotMeeelissa, mmem, Mingxia and 92 others like this.
  11. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 16 seems really good :blob_blush: Send some holy water my way

12. Lucy scarlet

Lucy scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably his father's three wives and I think one of them is his biological mother

Shey_04 and Liliss like this.
  13. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be the only place 3 wives have such a good relationship then! To gang up against the mc!

14. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
    How did she die in the 1st timeline???

Ariary likes this.
  15. Smol fluffball

Smol fluffball Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, that's def a new title

I want to know why the "second husband" is "depressed and desperate" as stated in the title. Is this going to be a serious or cute story? Does anybody have any spoilers on why the first husband is such an ass?

shikirri and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  16. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the way it looked in manhwa she didn’t die. She went to sleep before some big celebration and woke up ~20 years earlier.

bigredqueen and Yume-sama like this.
  17. hjnffnjh

hjnffnjh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

In a firetruck.

18. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the fact that despite having two kids with the shitty 1st husband that still doesn't compel her to stay in that toxic marriage,
    the FL had the sense to be like "fuck him, I am not risking my life to breed his spawn only to be treated like dirt AGAIN in a vicious cycle."
    It kinda shows, how miserable the FL was in the original life when not even her own children were enough to overcome that and her misery was so great that she didn't even have the emotional stamina to bond properly with her kids. She was too broken inside.

This is different from "honey, I am going on strike". the FL and ML in that story were both shitty with communication which led to ALOT of unnecessary misunderstandings and drama on both sides. The ML in that was genuinely clueless. And FL never communicated to him ANYTHING about how she felt and was quick to jump to the wrong conclusions about him.

Also, Cassia didn't have nasty inlaws tormenting her daily, she was generally respected by the servants and people of the area. Unlike the FL in this story, Cassia's greatest happiness was her children. And to her, a life without them would be worse than going through the hardships she went through in the previous life.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    cloerofile, mmem, Lynnx and 43 others like this.
  19. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She even gave her ex husband a chance in this life despite him being the hot garbage that he is. She still sent him that letter and put some faith in him. Glad to know that he was still filth. If he turned back time then he must have known to a certain degree what sort of awful being hr was to her and also how much she suffered in that house from her mothers in law's treatment and yet he still acted that way. Screw him.

20. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What was in the letter?

Geedi likes this.