Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Marunalu

Marunalu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG I love this!!!! Ohhh agnes, you may be able to fool a bunch of men who have the awareness of teaspoons when it comes to romance, but you cant fool US! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I also remember when she wanted to make maxi an offical mage in the first monster war, ruth was scolding her, that its to dangerous for maxi, because she still hasnt finished her training and agnes reacts aggressive and even yells at him. Hmmmm, maybe someone was just jealous and thought making maxi an offical wizard, would mean she doesnt need lessons from ruth anymore :D.

Now that I think of it, its truth. The other wizards dont really talk bad about ruth and just ignore him most of the time. The only ones who willingly interact with him (beside maxi) are agnes and ruths uncle. His interactions with his uncle are mostly for comedic relief and you still can see that both care for each other, despite them nagging at each other all the time. They are family, so its understandable why they still interact with each other. But agnes has no real reason to search for interactions with ruth and if she hates him so much, why is she not just ignoring him like all the others and why is she always so aggressive around him, unlike the other wizards? Point is the other wizards dont really seem to hate ruth, they just ignore him. Not agnes though! ;):rolleyes:

GED, Sa12Ben18 and shake65 like this.
  2. amylane1023

amylane1023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agnes looks at maxu.with intense eyes because she wants to know the woman who made riftan jump into the red dragon and why he was eager to go home to her..wondering why is especial to riftan...since she does not know the story of riftan and maxi...she does not understand...maybe she is comparing herself to maxi...

so.lets categorize ruth as bestfriend for life here...ok ruth youve been friendzoned..hehe

3. MissuzCalypse

MissuzCalypse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 127: RUTH is alive ahahhaha. I repeat Ruth is here. And he is with cAlto lollll

love the part where he saw Maxi. Haha

and he is badass for decoding the warlock’s records. Gosh he is so good. Haha love him.

Gist of the episode: Scary as hell. Based on my understanding, they are not going to compete with warlocks aka humans or wizards. They are going to battle against sub-racial monsters with high intelligence. Basically, what Ruth is saying is that the monsters are acting like humans with magic — gosh. So yeah, probably the necromancer looks like a drake with a badass hoodie cape. Just saying haha Scary. And it’s all because of the experiments of the warlocks. :( the warlocks have since passed away. Uhm…. So yeah. And RUTH, our baby, decoded all of that by himself booyah!<

“It literally means, I’ve scoured all the records. All exiled warlocks have long since passed away. The one that caused the Demonic War three years ago, and the one who now wanders the continent and mass produces undead, is a non-human monster.”

As for Maxi, she’s the one talking with Ruth. Her duties are pretty much done. She really badly wanted to go home to Anatol. But she thought that with the weather, they might stay for a few months. Then boom - Ruth came in and spilled all this tea.

Next chapter theory: I’m pretty sure Maxi’s riled up with this information. :( I hope she and Ruth ran to Riftan and discuss these.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  4. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im nervous when Ruth said the radical warlocks conducted various breeding experiments to increase intelligent monsters with powerful magic. And maxi could potentially be pregnant rite now. If yes i hope they wont harm her baby.

5. Flyinghigh79

Flyinghigh79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Riftan is going to get severely hurt due to these monsters. Oh god im nervous!

6. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    I had goosebumps there. Yes, it’s really the warlocks’ fault. I hate them. But the monsters that they created bit them in the back.

The war three years ago was maneuvered by a subracial monster.

Imagine the regeneration capability of these monsters. And Lots of them! I hope to see the look of the necromancer- what type of monster inbred is he? Huhu can they talk though? HAHAHA

ANYWAYS, this is all the more reason why we need the dragon - it’s a heavenly blessing. Those monsters are evil!!! The dragon will help the humans against the evil monsters. Haha arghh.

Mrs_W, shake65 and Sa12Ben18 like this.
  7. samspot8r8s

samspot8r8s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always have ethical questions when they start talking about the monsters in certain ways. I don’t think anyone of this time period would ever turn their back on the teaching of the church, but monsters attending their own religious ceremonies, or being classified as sub-human/highly intelligent makes me low key feel bad about how ruthlessly they’re treated in this story sometimes :blobsweat:

I always wonder about the extent that the author means to explore this, because from all the viewpoints of the characters we’ve seen so far there’s been no questioning of their beliefs in this way

Mrs_W, eidyia, shake65 and 2 others like this.
  8. nilreader

nilreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last time they fought a sub racial monster, they were overpowered (in terms of intelligent planning) by the monsters when they invaded Ethylene City. Im just wondering what kinda risk a battle with many of the subracial, intelligent monsters entails. Lets face it there’s bound to be heavy injuries, maybe death even. I just hope everyone survives and puts an end to wars for awhile

9. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    True. Remember also the monster that whipped Hebby? Imagine lots of those —-Monsters that can cast high-level magic. Hebby only had one deep wound but he was so in pain. He can’t even fight properly. Imagine if one normal knight, not as strong as RDK, gets whipped like that while fighting. Deadly. and there’s an undead… i don’t know anymore. The monsters are going around the continent creating their own army. There are gonna be so many casualties.

I’m never gonna drop the dragon theory. In the Darian story, cmiiw, the heroes including Uigru defended mankind with the help of the dragon. <3

10. kim rabbit

kim rabbit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah. I once wondered how the Warlocks were still alive that long. and there didn't seem to be any chance of them surviving that long, moreover they weren't necessarily married. yes and this is an excellent plot twist. this erases all our assumptions about a conspiracy between warlocks and humans. also with this conflict resolution will be better and faster. it makes sense to finish a book in just 30 chapters.

now the question is whether balto has any involvement in this? or do they actually have their own plans such as military and political aggression that is only carried out by humans?

Mrs_W, Lola_Neres, Angelamem1 and 3 others like this.
  11. Sa12Ben18

Sa12Ben18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's going to be an uphill battle but at the same time we have Maxi here who dealt with the old void Roems in the WT. I think that will be very helpful and I suspect we will see Maxi's spell here that she developed for Riftan. Because this spell is not a forbidden spell yet. She hasn't shown it publicly, only to her teacher, who said that if she shows it, it will be declared forbidden magic.

I suspect they have their own plans. The monster story can bring them all back together now. Especially now that Kuhal has made this discovery. I can imagine that Balto will completely misjudge, possibly together with King Reuben.

12. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I really liked chapter 127. I think this is the biggest plot twist. none of us had guessed it before. I used to wonder why there weren't any clues to the warlocks' physical appearances. there is no scene where one sees it directly with the naked eye. then they are faced with a condition where they have to fight warlocks. finally answered! what a crazy idea for warlocks to baptize monsters to purify their bodies when they die. this is really crazy! imagine, not only making monsters as livestock but also changing them so that they have the same intelligence as humans.

2. Kuahel Leon's intuition is never wrong. kuahel must have felt that something was wrong with what they were dealing with so they had to ask for help. imagine if they are desperate to chase warlocks even though what awaits them is not a warlock but a very strong monster.

3. I also feel concerned about the state of the blizzard. if whedon sent the RDK knights as reinforcements. imagine how hard the journey they have to go. but i love seeing maxi with advanced wizard. I have a hunch that calto and the other wizard remaining in osyria will also participate.

4. Ruth is considered a traitor because Ruth has broken his promise to WT by running away from Nornui. but ruth never once used his powers for evil. Of course there's a payoff for the incredible skills and knowledge that ruth has learned at WT which is not leaking it out and staying at WT. ruth was wrong to have broken a promise and it can't be justified. but i'm thankful that ruth is living his life well and participating on a large scale in this war

13. Maxane calypse

Maxane calypse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How you like someone more than everyone else but still not in a romantic way ?!

overtanned likes this.
  14. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, there are still many questions that the author will explain as the story progresses.

1. If the theory explained by Ruth is true, then when did the monsters manage to escape from the knights? I have 2 estimates here.
    First, they are high-intelligence monsters that haven't been exterminated during the 1st war on Ethlyne. Just then, Maxi dropped an ethylene stone and let the knights know that there was an underground tunnel under the castle where the monsters were hiding. The war ended when the monster commander died from being hit by the rubble. maybe not all the monsters at that time were exterminated and they ran away. remember, they have the same intelligence as humans. it just might happen. My second theory is that they might have escaped during the 2nd war, but I doubt this because the 2nd war was sudden. the monsters were attacked and attacked from different entrances. hard for them to escape. instead of running away, they must have joined the fight with humans, right? I'm more inclined to the first theory,

2. to win against the monsters, they need a good strategy. meanwhile, the kuahel just don't know where their hiding place is. this will be very difficult and stressful.

3. I don't think Balto and the church knew anything about this information that Ruth shared. Richt is only manipulating Arex commanders on the battlefield to weaken Arex's power. but balto still contributed fully in fighting the monsters. If indeed Ruth's theory is true, then there are no more warlocks that can control these monsters if they have been extinct for a long time. this will make balto rejoin the war against monsters.
    I doubt there are warlocks on Balto's side because
    a) the warlocks went into seclusion after disagreements with the wizard. they seem reluctant to live normally with other people. because they maintained their principle of controlling monsters. they can't live with other people if they hold on to that desire.
    b) Balto cooperated with the clergy who had different beliefs with the pope. If they were with the warlocks, it would be better if they were on the pope's side because the new whales weren't old fashioned. so hints about this monster could mean two things, namely it may be related to a political conflict, or indeed have nothing to do with it at all. because I think that only Ruth, Calto and the church will know this information soon.

Looking at that, I assume this monster conflict has nothing to do with political conflict. Sir Uigru's story that unites 7 countries is because of his physical strength in war, not his political power. sir uigru is a knight but not someone who holds political office in my opinion. That's why the strong knights who get the nickname uigru reincarnation because based on their physical strength. if riftan returns to spearhead in defeating monsters this time, riftan will truly bear the title as the reincarnation uigru. Balto wouldn't dare disturb Whedon if they aware of Whedon's war abilities through the Riftan and RDK knights. but the key to the unity of the 7 kingdoms is the pope and the church. If the new pope manages to maintain his power and intimidate the priests who cooperate with balto, then balto will be paralyzed

IraHera, shake65, Amya and 3 others like this.
  15. poppypop

poppypop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well I really love my siblings more than other people but not in a romantinc way for example!

UTOTLove, Cuacksh, shake65 and 4 others like this.
  16. Ames2021

Ames2021 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is kinda weird if there is another large scaled war against the highly intelligent monsters in book 2 considering book 2 is much shorter than book 1 in terms of number of chapters. Like they just ended 2nd war a few weeks before n now they are facing another war again. I cant wait how KSJ will solve the remaining conflicts, it seems theres long way to go but we have around 30-40 chapters left.

neomisa, Sa12Ben18 and MissuzCalypse like this.
  17. kim rabbit

Reading List:
    Link
    If what Ruth says is true, and with Kuahel calling for help, then there's no other way but to fight them. yes it is tiring, especially in a blizzard. imagining them traveling on horseback from Osyria to the place where magic was last seen, I felt sorry for the wizard who were unfamiliar with the battlefield. Even if we remember both war 1 and war 2, nothing lasts for a while. even catching a dragon took three years. I might cry if maxi faced that situation while carrying their baby. but there's no way maxi won't participate in this expedition. even though it's tiring, at least fighting monsters still looks better than the 7 countries split war between humans and friends. maxi and the remaining wizards had not very strong physiques, but their abilities were very useful.

18. MissuzCalypse

Reading List:
    Link
    I also agree. On the brighter side, let’s just look at this upcoming war as the best means to stop the influx of monsters. Let’s end all this monster war stuff, once and for all.

After Riftan and the gang win this war, the couple would now have all the time in the world to live in peace in calypse castle. I mean there would probably some occasional expedition/subjugation but not to this extent. I just want them to frolick and enjoy the spring festival. Huhu

remember the couple’s conversation that they will return to the spring festival together? Huhu AHH! Please I want a side story about this. They’ll go to the spring festival with their kids, blah blah.

side note: I hope sicut vis uploads a picture of the couple on Valentine’s day. Hihi.

nilreader, Sa12Ben18 and Ames2021 like this.
  19. Dynamic Lotus

Dynamic Lotus New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's called platonic love. Like how we love our family and friends

sepheddy, UTOTLove, shake65 and 2 others like this.
  20. DeDe99

DeDe99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just an imagination for the last few chapters

Riftan and Maxi will join the battle and they will play a big role in it. Riftan will stay all the time by Maxi's side to protect her. Maxi will use her magic to end the battle and while she's doing it she will be in danger and Riftan will save her and fight while she's still using the magic. Then when she ends she'll notice that Riftan is injured and he's almost dead so she'll start crying but Riftan tells her that is fine and he's proud of her and he always wanted to die while saving her since he was 12 yo and he tells her how much he loves her and Maxi tells him she loves him too and she also loved him when she was young.
    Then Ruth saves him or maybe Riftan doesn't die because of Ruth's magic from Riftan POV. But he'll be unconscious for days and Maxi takes care of him. He'll be happy and thinks that's not true like when his mom took care of him in Riftan POV and when he wakes up they finally talk about their childhood and their thoughts
    It's just how I imagine the last few chapters