Spoiler The Devil Who Breaks My Neck

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Aug 1, 2021.

1. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I reply to you because you gloss over the 1TL Ruve bad deeds as the poison doing, my point is the poison doesn't make him lose his very sanity unlike some puppet under the brainwashing magic, make him more Violence yes, Aristia also got poisoned when she stabbed Ruve before she got executed, she is aware of her action and why she did that, what she didn't understand why she can't hold back her temper that day.

I really don't understand the logic behind this rebirth/reborn thing, say if the ML changes in the new TL because the FL changes (like Aristia who clear the misunderstanding about herself, so The Duke scheme didn't work on 2nd TL Ruve) does that make him different person then? If it was Ruve who turn back the time because before he died he regretted the shit he is done like 'The Emperor who Reverses the Time' and change for the better and the FL fall in love all over again, does that make him different person too? What about Ijekiel, since in this time line, he is not shitty at all, does that make him forgivable? Then what about the Revenge trope, since it was the previous one who is guilty, can you hold someone accountable for something that hasn't happened yet?

2. KindapitiedMielle

KindapitiedMielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't change solely because of Tia, he changed because he wasn't able to be manipulated by the Duke— :facepalm: forget it I'm not doing this with you.

Yes, He's a different person, because 1. He's not done those things to Tia, nor does he do these things when he's raised properly, idk if you've ever learnt of this before but one's surrounding determine their character growing up. :blobunsure:

If you teach a child hate, they'll spout hate. If you teach a child love, they'll give love. But I've already talked about this before and you couldn't understand, so all I'll say is huh-bye, please don't reply to me with any more comebacks because I don't want to fight with you :blobhug:

3. badsanta88

badsanta88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank angel for spoiling the ending. I actually find this ending very nice, he had to suffer until the day he died for what he had done to FL, and Erzen somehow got reincarnated, that's a bonus to me.

Deleted member 282232 likes this.
  4. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was reading the novel and it is revealed that it Ezkeil who made Charles, Hearce's older brother and the Duchess do that. Ohmg! Ezkeil was in love with Herace from a long time and when he got an invitation from her, he broke down. At that time he was just a knight. He loved Herace from his childhood, cause Herace once presented him an embroidered handkerchief which was torn by his stepmother when she came to know her son's fiancée had gifted him something. Anyways, Ezkeil either got a help from a deity or from the devil to take her family and her fiancé's family down. Either he made them do that or reported about them to the Emperor. Here's the MTL :

Episode 27.
    Chapter 4. What I want.
    Forever Medea.
    It's my own witch that I hate and love. Our contract, which was completed by tying our hearts and souls with your betrayal, was shattered in an instant.
    The price of abandoning trust with me will be great. The mercy of the great Rodiva's great maiden, and the magic of the dragon to overcome Buddhism, cannot protect your blood.
    Those whose blood is even a little mixed will forever be gracious to be with my breath and rot and rub from the inside. Just like you did when you turned your back.
    The woman walking along the long corridor could guess the taste from a distance. Black hair in contrast to white marble. Clear blue eyes that look at everything brightly...….
    "Oh..."
    As soon as I saw me, I hated my face because I didn't know what to do. Do you think you know? That I'm deliberately standing here across the garden chasing you coming here.
    Ezekael managed to hide his disappointment to pop out.
    "Long time no see, Kyung."
    Let's pretend we didn't see each other. I pretended to bump into her because I was jealous, but when she said hello first, there was a contradictory wind. Self-supporting with ambivalence, he calmly responded coldly to Herace's greetings.
    "……You've been speaking up and avoiding encountering me, and now you don't even call my name."
    Her face was embarrassed by Ezekael's words. But she couldn't help it either. It was cautious to call him by his name as friendly as before. Rumors of the two were in full swing inside and outside the imperial palace.
    "The commoner and the fiancee of Duke Serpens meet secretly.’
    "Divonne's Herace has a handsome article about her fiance..."….’
    "Young-ae watched the two go out together at the last banquet." I moved secretly.But there are people's eyes everywhere.… It can't be hidden.’
    When Herace clapped her lips because she didn't know what to say, Ezekael came one step forward. I looked down at her forcefully as if a man with a much taller height was taking a picture.
    "Well..."
    "…… I'd like to apologize."
    After swallowing her dry saliva, she was trying to make excuses. Ezekael apologized to her first. Isn't he the man who expressed his disappointment until just before? Herace looked up at him with puzzled eyes.
    "You're in trouble because of me..."… I'll find out who made the rumor."
    Ezekael did not look directly at her. The place where the common brown eyes looked at was around her hand. Herace, who felt sorry for nothing, held his hand first. Come to think of it, it was natural for him. You must have been disappointed because you suddenly changed your name. She smiled softly.
    "No, never mind. It's just that people who don't know the situation are talking. I'm actually sorry. I should have refrained from drinking then.….”
    The color of the eyes that turned into medicine informed Izkael's situation. Originally, he would have had pumpkin eyes just like the Duke of Serpens, but now his eyes were common, featureless brown.
    Thanks to this, no one knew the identity of Izkael, the illegitimate child of the Duke of Serpence, except for the people of the northern city of Serpence. Of course, there were a few high-ranking nobles who knew this, but no one opened their mouths carelessly because the emperor's command to defend himself was so great.
    "I'll change my name here for a while." As you know, Ezekael is part of the Duke Serpens..."Uh!"
    The man suddenly covered her mouth with his big hand and led her behind the pillar. Herace, who was held in the wide arms of the man, opened her eyes wide and blinked, and Ezekael whispered in her ear with a low voice.
    "…… It's better to be careful. I don't know where I can hear it."
    Several nobles were seen passing through the garden close to the corridor. Ezekael did not relax his arm for a long time even after they disappeared. Eventually, Herace knocked on his hand first.
    "Sorry, I'm sorry." I'm just....”
    Herace, who came out of his arms, stuttered and said. Ezekael pulled his mouth while looking at the red ears revealed through his hair. The regret that I couldn't hide came out. He clenched and unfolded Herace's right hand several times.
    "Didn't Charles feel bad about the rumor?"
    "Because he knows everything."
    “…….”
    "Don't dwell too much on rumors." Charles thinks of Kyung as his own brother."
    The voice of Charles' name was natural. Unlike when I called my name, Ezekael slightly crumpled his forehead with a voice without awkwardness.
    Charles... His half-brother was a perfect pair with the woman in front of him. The two have been growing up together since childhood and have continued their smooth engagement. People called them lovers of the century when they saw the two people who looked good together regardless of their appearance or temper.
    What would Charles have been like if he was a bad man? Ezekael depicted a perfect younger brother treating his own fiancee coldly in many ways. If she had another woman...… If you did, would you have shown a little more interest in me? If the world surrounding you was not so perfect, would you have given me another look?
    However, his imagination would never come true. I knew when I saw Charles' eyes. The half-brother was locked because he couldn't be immersed in this woman. To the point where he wouldn't dare to show this ugly jealousy.
    Ezekael doesn't care about rumors right away. In fact, the rumor spread so much that I held back what I wanted to shout, saying I was glad. No matter who looks at it, the foreign object was himself in this relationship. So this heart had to be hidden forever.
    "The duke's wife is so stubborn that it's like this now, but I and Charles want you to come back to Gyeongseong Fortress at least later on. It'll be fun if we get along like when we were young."
    “…….”
    "It's not that far away. When I'm with Charles soon...….”
    My heart dropped a little while ago, overshadowing my resolution. It was a fact that I already knew, but when I heard it directly from Herace, it seemed that someone grabbed my heart and tightened it hard. Ezekael, who barely removed his lips that didn't fall off, said, hiding his trembling.
    "…… I heard the news. "When do you expect the date?"
    "The exact date hasn't come out yet. But I'm expecting it around next spring."
    Herace's face was wide open to what she imagined. Bride of Spring.... It was a word that matched her well, such as flowers.
    The two will swear to love under a round arch decorated with various flowers in a green lawn garden. I will exchange rings and kiss you. And after the veil, she was forever beside Charles...….
    "...Congratulations."
    I couldn't imagine more than that. Ezekael delivered congratulations, ignoring his dizzy vision. Herace's face was clear even in the midst of the spinning world. Unable to bear it, he turned around with a bow.
    "I... Gyeong!"
    Herace called him from behind. I don't want to turn around...…. But the body reacted quickly to Herace's voice. Turning his back again in the meantime, he faced her smiling quietly.
    "I'll send you an invitation." I hope you can come. Of course, it may be uncomfortable, but I and Charles are still hoping to attend."
    The soft voice was faster and sharper than the war arrow. Ezekael clenched his hand in a throbbing pain.
    "Why do you think I'm uncomfortable?"”
    "What?"
    The horse didn't go out beautifully. With an embarrassing face, Herace looked at him and bowed his head. Why aren't you looking at me? Ezekael fell half a step away from her. If I stood close, I thought I would hold Herace's chin with my hands.
    "Oh... Because the duchess and the ball are there's the ball."
    “…….”
    "If you're uncomfortable, you don't have to come. On second thought, I think I asked for something excessive. So...."
    "I'll attend."
    There was something to say to her who was restless. Herace's expression eased when she said something she didn't mean. She put her hands over her chest and bowed slightly.
    "Gam, thank you." Then I'll definitely send you an invitation."
    "If the story is over, I'll go first. "Get home safely."
    "Oh..."
    After greeting each other, he hurried this time without any time for her to hold onto him. The eyes catching up from behind were both happy and painful. The legs moved gradually and quickly. After barely turning the corner of the corridor, he eventually hid under a quiet maple tree.
    With a short breath, Ezekael covered his eyes with his hands. Sitting under the tree like slipping, he felt a heartbeat that was beating fast without a break and bit his teeth tightly.
    "…… god."
    I felt like my world had become dark as dark as dark sight covered by my palm. It wasn't like this when I lost my mother. The emotions that burst into tears contained many things. But the biggest thing was a sense of loss, too.
    Ezekael closed his eyes. Then at the same time, something crouching opened its eyes.
    Gray threads began to crawl out near the man's left chest. Smoke-like and organism-like, it increased in size as soon as it leaked out of the chest. The spider web-like one became wool-like thick and divided into several branches. It was intertwined and entangled, taking the shape of a black cotton ball.
    With sharp thorns, it began to climb over the man's body. After passing through the wide chest, it climbed up the neck and reached the ear, and it split in half and showed a sharp tooth. And I bit Izukael's ear as if swallowing it in one bite.
    "Ugh!"
    In a sudden pain, Ezekael smoothed his ears with his blind hands. As if proving that the pain was false, the ears were intact.
    "Now stars..."
    With a dejected smile, Izekael dropped his hand. However, at the moment, the tinnitus rang long from the inside of the ear and eventually brought about greater anger.
    "Ugh..."
    Beep.
    A strange tinnitus covered all the sounds in the world. At the same time as my head was breaking, I had a fever like blood boiling all over my body. Ezekael bowed and hugged his head. His red eyes gradually changed with blood vessels, and he regained his original golden color, which was covered by medicine.

Somewhere, a chilly wind hit the tree he was leaning against. Then the leaves turned completely red in the meantime. The wind, which was gently hovering around the tree, took off the blood-like autumn leaves one by one and dropped them to the side of the man.
    "I'm the child of Medea."….」
    The last maple settled on the back of the man, and a strange voice penetrated through the tinnitus. I couldn't hear anything, but the voice was too clear.
    "……I can help you."」
    His voice rang as if tapping under Ezekael's chin. He looked forward, wiping off the blood flowing from his ears. An important piece of paper fluttered and touched the tip of my finger.
    "Get out of my way."
    "Ha, but..."….”
    The dead body of a mouse was seen in the corner next to the guard. Ezekael was furious that Herace had been in this disgusting space for more than 10 days. Even though I know that this happened because of me.
    "I just got permission from your Majesty. So if you don't want to die, get out of my way."
    He barely suppressed his hand to the sword and crushed the guard. Only then did the guard stick the key forward to the randomly thrown holy ground. Ezekael took it as if he had taken it away and took it down the stairs.
    "The... The sinner's shock is a little big. Since Orabi was dragged in front of my eyes not too long ago...….”
    When the guard following him looked around and told him, Izkael crumpled his face. The expression she would have made was vividly depicted when the orabi was dragged away.
    "I should've moved faster."’
    Herace's disposition against Oravy Chris was already known. It was himself who made the death penalty for him a deportation sentence.
    "Get away from Herace." He's a child who's now an adult.’
    I saved Chris. That's not why Ezekael liked him. Chris tried to keep his sister and Izkael apart somehow, and Izkael hated him.
    But for Herace, he was the only orabi and a truly cherished family. He was the person who gave her the same affection as her parents on behalf of Marquis Dibon, who abused Herace for bizarre reasons, and his wife, who died early.
    "Did you touch her?"
    When Ezekael walked down the long hallway and asked sparsely, the guard shook his head violently. I swear to the goddess that at least he didn't touch Herace at all.
    "Oh, it's not." You're not a man or a woman. No matter how hard this place is for sinners, a woman who was a nobleman...… No, I can't be careless with you.”
    In fact, it was common for guards to touch a woman who fell as a sinner. In particular, if a criminal entered for an irreversible crime, such as treason, it was common to be executed or slaved without a special name, so it was more likely to suffer something harsh from guards.
    However, in the case of Herace, not only the new duke in front of him, but also the prisoner who ordered the higher man not to touch it. No one could touch her unless the liver came out of the ship.
    "That word should be true. Or I'll cut everyone's breath here, including you."
    It was before the guard nodded. Izekael, who reached his destination, seemed to run quickly, but soon after, he clapped into the dark hallway and heard a key turning sound. The hard iron door opened with the sound of iron scratching.
    Squeak!
    Ezekael ran inside as soon as the door opened. And he ended up watching. A woman sitting against a cold stone wall in a exhausted prison uniform with blank eyes.
    The shackles wrapped around his ankle that seemed to break right away and the impoverished appearance as if he was about to collapse were different from the Herace he knew. The unique beauty that would not fade remained, but her devastated expression made her look like a dried plant.
    "Like this..."….’
    Ezekael remembered her smiling brightly while choosing a veil for the wedding just two weeks ago. Herace's expression that day was so lively that she was blinded by the present.
    He blamed himself for causing this situation. But what's already happened...…. I bothered him, but I had no regrets in his mind. Ezekael carefully approached Herace and called her name.
    "Herace."
    Herace slowly looked up at Izekael, who was just in front of him. As she moved, the shackles wrapped around her ankle made a limp
    "When am I going to die?"”
    It was the voice of someone who had already given up everything. Ezekael clenched his teeth. I didn't want to see this. I didn't mean to give her a hard time. You're the only one...….
    Ezekael, who was trying to make excuses inside, cursed and pressed down his words. Whatever he said, it was what he did. Then you should take responsibility.
    Thinking that I would be hated by Herace, my heart became heavy as if it were being weighed down. He knelt down on one knee while swallowing his dry saliva and faced Herace. The blurred blue eyes were filled with despair.
    "When am I going to die?" My brother was dragged away. Then, I'll definitely be next, right?”
    Herace asked again. It'd be better if you cursed at least. She would have known to some extent. That he is the snitch of this rebellion.
    Ezekael put his hand behind Herace's knee. He said quietly, lifting her up easily.
    "You can't die."
    It was the first time I've come so close to her since I became an adult. I was overwhelmed to think that my light body was in my arms. Yeah. For this, he hurt her. To her, not anyone else.
    Herace didn't rebel much even though she was suddenly hugged by him. Slouching down like a doll with a broken string, she just stuttered his face with blank eyes.
    Ezekael escaped from prison without taking his eyes off Herace. The guards guarding the prison were seen staring sideways at the two while they were frozen, but it didn't matter.
    He bowed his head and whispered firmly to Herace.
    "Herace..."
    “…….”
    "Live. Live. Just live. I'll take care of the rest.”
    Ezekael left the ground hugging Herace harder, who could not draw attention from him. He could have been blinded by the sunlight he hadn't seen in a long time, but Herace received only the right sunlight in the shadow he created.
    Two months later, Ezekael arrived at Serpens Castle with Herace. The maids admired her, dressed in a white dress and dressed up splendidly. However, only tears flowed from Herace's eyes, who would become his new bride.
    Herace hasn't said a word to Ezekael since she married him. More and more people disapproved of her in Serpence's castle as he hit the wall strangely for accepting his proposal without saying a word.
    However, Herace, who was locked in her own room in the castle, repeated embroidery all day long as if all the words had nothing to do with her. Ezekael noticed that it was the least revenge Herace had seen for him.
    "If I were you, I'd be thankful. I'd live on my stomach."… Look at how stiff he is, perhaps because he is from a noble family."
    "I know. You're supposed to be a slave, so you took the position of a duchess..."….’
    "Still, Master Charles wasn't able to do it. Who knew? Whether the duchess, who are brothers and sisters of his Majesty and Dongbok, will participate in the rebellion."
    "It's good that you don't even have a life." Outside, the duke seems to be clamoring after locking up his mother and kicking out his younger brother, but in fact, we know. Duchess... No, I'm a sinner now. Looking at what the sinner has done before, it is surprising that the Duke does not resent His Majesty for not executing the death penalty.’
    The rebels insulted the flag by throwing mud on it
    The power of the word was great. Those who were nicer to Charles and Herace turned their backs cold in an instant.
    However, it also made sense. As soon as it got entangled with that word, I couldn't guarantee the lives of my family as well as hair removal. In addition, it has been only a few months since the crime of treason was revealed. Even those who deeply sympathized did not dare to stand up or sympathize with Herace at a time when the sinner was still dragged out.
    Ezekael was the only one who didn't care about the weight of the word "rebellion." He cracked down on the users' mouths and only looked at Herace's planting. How much he took care of Herace with extreme sincerity, some said it was easy to hide his heart so far.
    "After divon..." No, I buried your father. Tell me whenever you want to see the tombstone.’
    ‘…….’
    "And you, Olabi." Don't worry too much because you're doing well. I'll send someone to let you know sometimes. If your Majesty's anger subsides, it will be difficult within the empire, but you may meet him outside. So....'
    Herace was strangely calm about the death of the Marquis Abiain. As if there was no one like that in the first place. However, when the names of Orabi Chrisna Charles and Princess Ullis were mentioned, she stared at Izkael with a colder face than usual.
    Of course, Ezekael never showed signs of displeasure no matter what face she had. He always treated his wife in a low position. As if he were the one who committed the crime.
    "Hey..."
    It was the same now. Ezekael, who carefully entered Herace's room, tried to call her but stopped. Sitting by the window, Herace fell in love with something and was concentrating without even knowing that he had entered.
    A small hand went up and down. Ezekael noticed that Herace was embroidering, and quietly stood behind her and watched. The sight of the pointed needle sticking into the fabric and coming out again was static, but it was still unique fun.
    Herace's embroidery skills were so good that she had been praised since childhood. She enjoyed embroidery as much as being praised, so those close to Herace were once presented with small objects embroidered on her.
    Ezekael also received a handkerchief with a pretty blue bird as a gift only once. However, Princess Ulys was angry when she found out that Herace, her son's fiancee, presented a handkerchief to Izkael, and the blue bird, which spread its wings on the handkerchief, was torn apart from the hands of the empress and burned. Since then, Izkael has neither heard nor seen that Herace has presented a bluebird to anyone.
    Episode 29.
    "Bluebird..."
    But somehow she was embroidering a blue bird. Ezekael couldn't take his eyes off the almost finished bird.
    The more sophisticated skill than when he was young is vividly drawn as if he would blow a blue bird away immediately. But Herace seemed to be thinking hard about something and soon picked up the scissors.
    Squeak.
    Scissors were stuck in embroidery with a sound that I didn't want to hear. Ezekael's face hardened. Herace tore up the fabric a few more times and put it as if throwing an embroidery frame on the floor. And I turned my head back a little bit, almost invisible.
    "……I hate you."
    After coming to Serpens Castle, Herace spoke to Izkael for the first time. It was a calm voice, but the resentment contained in it was clear.
    "Rebellion is definitely a big sin..."…but…"
    “…….”
    "Even so, you're the one who made Chris and my poor brother do that. Sha... Charles...…, for doing so to the Duchess...….”
    The voice that began to mix crying was full of water. Ezekael was just listening to Herace. But when she put Charles' name on it, his eyes were first but dangerous. Blood vessels that stood out on the arm, including the back of the hand, popped up.
    "I don't know the duke's wife, but Charles was nice to you. Me too... "
    “…….”
    "……I hate you." But I'm the one that you hate the most."
    “…….”
    "I hate myself the most for having you as my savior. No! I hate myself for enduring my life like this!"
    With the shout, the scissors still in my hand went up.
    No one noticed, but Herace occasionally stabbed himself with scissors or needles when he felt disgusted with him after coming to Serpens Castle. Usually, it stopped from slightly poking the tip of his finger, but when Izukael was in place, his emotions were so high that he couldn't control it. The high-pitched hand aimed exactly at the thigh.
    But there was no pain she expected. Ezekael snatched Herace's wrist just before the scissors fell. When the wrist was slightly twisted by the power of the man, the scissors slipped out of the hand.
    Ezekael slowly knelt in front of Herace while looking at the scissors that fell to the floor. With a serious look on his face, he looked nervous as if he had decided something. He slowly raised his arm.
    "Herace."
    When Ezekael called Herace's name and held both hands, Herace struggled and tried. Ezekael patiently waited holding her hand as if wrapping it around.
    In the end, it was Herace who fell tired first. Ezekael slowly opened her mouth, staring at her blue eyes breathing roughly.
    "I have sinned against you. I admit I've troubled you. But...."
    Ezekael continued to make eye contact with Herace and picked up the scissors that fell on the floor. A sharp day sprinkled yegi. Herace stared at Izukael with poisonous eyes and stared at the scissors as if anxious.
    "Please don't hurt you. If you're angry and can't stand it, you'd rather."
    He moved his hands so fast that he couldn't compare with Herace a while ago, blurring his words. The light and sunlight reflected on the metal, and with the sound of tearing the skin, scissors were deep and stuck under the biceps.
    "...Let's do this."
    The area around the shoulders quickly began to get red, and soon blood dripped down along the scissors. Surprised, Herace trembled pale and opened her mouth as if screaming after a long time. Her hand was unknowingly hovering around the injured shoulder of the man.
    "Why... What's wrong with you?"
    "I love you."
    Unlike her, who didn't know what to do, the man's answer was light. When the man said love so easily as if it were natural, Herace looked at him with bizarre eyes. However, even at that gaze, Izekael raised his hand and stroked Herace's cheek. The man's eyes were full of feelings that could not be hidden.
    "I love you, Herace. You're the center of my life."
    Herace shook Ezekael's hand and distorted his expression. This guy is crazy. It must have been crazy. If not...
    She, who was burying her face on her palm, burst into tears that had been pressed so far.
    "If this makes you feel better, I'll always be stabbed. So don't do this again."
    Ezekael carefully wrapped her around and held her in her arms. Unlike a while ago, Herace did not rebel. Instead, she cried louder like a child and dug into his arms. He seemed to be acting like a child as if he needed a corner to lean on.
    The corners of Ezekael's mouth went up long. With his eyes down, he felt as if sweeping the woman's back in his arms more slowly.
    Crying continued for a long time. However, since that day, Herace's words have increased little by little, but slowly, and since Anna entered the castle, she has returned almost as much as before. Ezekael couldn't hide her happy face every time she talked to her first.

So the supposed betrayal of Herace was that, that she met Charles. What Ezkeil saw was definitely the truth. Herace did met Charles when her husband was at the war secretly, they did hugged and sobbed but Herace rejected Charles's confession.

It was then when the devil whispered into Ezkeil's ear that What if the child in her belly isn't yours?

Ezkeil had came from the war to surprise his wife when it was at halt, it took him a day or two to reach, he wanted to meet her and return back again, this was his maddening love for her but ofcourse the seed of doubt was already sowed and taken it's root in his mind, the heart couldn't win over it and the tragedy started.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2021
    Bastian, Irishh, Kyyiiq-q12 and 10 others like this.
  5. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    The Emperor assaulted Herace's mother by threatening to kill her family. This is why Ullyses, Charles's mother and Herace's father rebelled against the injust Emperor who abused his position and assaulted an innocent woman over the years.

With all the shame and humiliation, Herace's mother committed suicide and left her story in a diary which eventually fell into her best friend's hand, Ullyses, and the dirty truth of her brother was out.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2021
    Mi shiru, Bastian, Irishh and 13 others like this.
  6. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    Medea was Ezkeil's mother who was a snow witch, she along with her two siblings used to reside in the mountains and was with 'It', 'It' is the devil in this story, a mythical spirit whom they used to worship.
    While the other sisters were attracted to human world which got them killed due to it, one of the sister was killed by burning alive because she was too beautiful and people used to fight for her so the pope ordered to burn her to death, that pope was also in love with her and she died used to cry thinking about her. After staying with it for years Medea wanted to to go to the human world, as far as MTL is correct, the Serpence family was also the creation of it he created a child and threw it in the human world who grew up to form the Serpene family.

Anyway, Medea goes to human world, saves Michael, Ezkeil's dad who at that time was already married to Ullyses and turned into a human, depite it trying to hold her back, he told it is only him who can love her forever, him who would never go to find any other woman but she didn't listened to him and went with Michael.

Contrary to her thoughts, Michael made her his mistress, he loved her obsessively like his son loved Herace, but he couldn't rise her to a higher position and she tried running away but was caught and was tied to the castle. She hated Ullyses and constantly asked him to kill her, she often fought with the (legal) wife as well but human world wasn't bending to her whim and she got slapped.
    Michael was already anxious but he liked her fighting over him cause it made him thought that she needs him and she bluffed saying she wasn't a human. Once when it was enough for her and she ran away, Michael was standing grimly in her room while the knights were searching for her. It took the possession of Ezkeil's body and told him that he should've believed her when she said she isn't a human and it seems now she got tired of the human she loved - Michael.
    When she was eventually caught, despite her protest she was caged into her mansion and after just a few years she died leaving Ezkeil to suffer from Ullyses abuse. At first, Michael did protected his son but as by the years his health rapidly turned worse, he stopped paying attention. It was at this time Ezkeil fell in love witn Herace (for those read the previous spoilers, I made a mistake, Herace wasn't Emperor's daughter but her mother did go through the abuse by him, Marquis who saw his wife in Herace used to slap her when she didn't acted like her mother, he wanted his wife to remain alive in her - problematic men all over the novel) Anyways, Chris asked Ullyses to save her sister from his father and she did, she brought her to Serpene mansion and Herace being kind used to secretly help Ezkeil and that's how the love was formed.
    Ezkeil was under the protection of the Emperor as Michael threatened to spill the beans about what the Emperor did to Marchioness (she was originally Ullyses maid and he lusted for her but she was married off to Marquis before the crown prince could make her his concubine). After Emperor took Ezkeil under his protection, Michael threw himself in the lake and died.

That's it, I can't read it further.

Oh man! Anna, her maid was Herace's half sister, the nanny was in love with the Marquis and seduced him, he did loved his wife but not enough to throw away the temptation. Anna's wife was obsessed with Marquis and wanted to kill Herace and Chris so that Anna can remain Marquis's only child. It was this guilt which made Anna loyal to Herace.

Anna and Chris were killed by Ian, the crown prince when Ezkeil called them back to the land to make Herace at ease. Ezkeil's greed piled up his sin and he destroyed the woman whom he loved and her family.

Charles was also killed by him in a scuffle when he confronted him for having an affair with Herace. Charles fell down off the cliff and died.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2021
    torte1315, Bastian, Irishh and 13 others like this.
  7. GreenLily

GreenLily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Da*n this novel is dog fire sh*t hahahaha
    i did not even read a single chapter of the novel, only the summary and the reviews and came here to read spoilers and wow what a sh*t storm, it's probably because I did not even read it so I dont feel too attached to Herace and only saw her as another piece of chess in the board.

I think the ending wouldve been better if even if Herace has her memory erased, she wont love him back ever. That would be so good. She got a clean slate, he deluded her to be with him(ok make it a tragedy like that), in pain whenever shes around or touch him PLUS she would never love him again. But boy oh boy, the author is too forgiving to shitty men lol.

Well reading the reviews and spoilers only are fun. Tho the thread got weird by bringing the abandoned empress(again just like other threads with shit ML lead lol).

8. Despaireon

Despaireon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my God... Even if she did have an affair or carried someone elses child I don't think any human regardless of gender deserves such a life. Abuse, torture and even rape. It's fucking terrible and the fact they end up together is even worse. Thought nobody would be worse than Ruve(Abandoned Empress) I was CLEARLY wrong.

9. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but wasnt ML poisoned and thats why he acted that way? from the abandoned empress

10. Despaireon

Despaireon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah and? That isn't an excuse to justify all of the things he did. Someone has to take responsibility

11. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry, but I just wanna state t1 ruve and t2 ruve are different people, but anyways this novel's duke is a walking shitbag with toxic dump as a brain, hardly communicate and investigate properly

question: what happends to the demon child after all this? he just what cursed the guy and poof? dillydallying in hell?

12. Deleted member 282232

Reading List:
    Link
    He vanished.

13. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh, he took part in ruining this family further by letting our MC STAY WITH A TRASHBIN DAMMIT

14. luanara

luanara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry I can't read this spoiler further. It gives me headache and pain. I hope both of them died since that lifetime only brought them pain. Try again next life, yeah?

15. _vouzmevoyez_

_vouzmevoyez_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this first thing in the morning I SWEAR ML IS THE WORST THING EVER. HE'S the REAL DEMON/DEVIL HERE. The emotional stress and anger I felt towards ML, mistress and demon (?) were real!!! Reading this story is pure torture, even the TLs gave up on it (lmao). ML's insecurity, jealousy, and lack of trust to his wife are the root of all FL's problem. He ruined his wife, he killed his child. I hate that FL got revived. They should have just let her dead. She was finally freed from ML and all the pain when she died, but then she lived again. What ML got at the end was merely a punishment. He still have her at the end. But the poor FL, she already lost everything the moment her child died.

16. Annan_Tess

Annan_Tess Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the ending means?

So the devil the mastermind? Ruin him using his own stupidity and insecurity?? I can't this kind of tragedy

17. LaMuerte

LaMuerte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a fan of angst but damn this hurts a lot. More spoiler please:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    Anyway, stop comparing Ruve to Ezekiel. BOTH WERE TRASH!!!

Khloud2003 likes this.
  18. Eloisane

Eloisane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No MTL of this story?:blob_teary:

19. Glutton idiot

Glutton idiot Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck this shit I’m out man

Kasik, Kyyiiq-q12, SamV and 2 others like this.
  20. Bibidia

Bibidia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't be surprised if he did sleep with the mistress, didn't he also make the mistress his duchess? and allow her to insult and degrade FL