LCD I Am the Fated Villain

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Hate, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Hate

Hate born

Reading List:
    Link
    Summary:
    Immediately after Gu Changge realized he had transgressed into a fantasy world, the world’s protagonist, and fortune’s chosen, vowed to take revenge on him. Envied by all, he not only has the female lead head over heels for him but he’s also treated as a distinguished guest wherever he goes. Fortunately, Gu Changge’s prestige and power are superior to everyone else’s, so shouldn’t it be easy to trample on a mere fortune’s chosen?

Hold on… There’s a system dedicated to milking and harvesting from the protagonist? Gu Changge smirked. “Seems like even fate wants me to fulfill my destiny as the Villain of this world!”

Novel Updates: Link
    Translators Site:Link

2. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    All the fated ones are idiots.

3. Hate

Hate born

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope the author atleast get a scheming character with a hero system so that it becomes interesting. Been reading 750 chaps and it's still the same routine with MC turning a bit dumb compared to the first hundred chapters.

4. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    As expected, same as the manwha.

5. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I got into this reading the manhwa.
    And then I tried to search where I left off and I find Im not enjoying this as much as the manhwa. More so cause I dont pay attention on whos name is who and just identify the characters by their visuals. Then I just stop and go back to waiting for the manhwa

raziel010 likes this.
  6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Really enjoyed the manhua but after checking the novel it's very apparent that a lot of parts are left out compared to the novel, and in novels like this where plotting and scheming is a big part of the novel, missing out on the characters thoughts and many details worsens the experience a lot.

When reading the manhua it felt a lot more ass-pully but by reading the novel it feels way more calculated.

With that said the visuals from the manhua added a lot as well so the manhua has some upsides as well.

raziel010 likes this.
  7. Daoist Ghoul

Daoist Ghoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand why 3 groups are simultaneously translating it? There are already a lot of gems untranslated

LordofDao likes this.
  8. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    prospect of money, of course.

Random likes this.
  9. LordofDao

LordofDao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the while leaving good novels untranslated and unfinished.

10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Atm at 450+ chapters into the novel and it sort of feels a bit disappointing because MC is too OP and has no opposition/competition.

MC is a decent schemer but the plans aren't really anything mindblowing or anything and even though there's old freaks with higher cultivation than MC their methods are lacking. MC pulls out a lot of "gamebreaking" stuff and MC leaves lots of clues but still nobody realizes anything.

Also even when someone does realize MC is up to bad stuff nobody dares to say anything because of MC's background.

Novel is still a pretty good read as an evil wishfulfillment novel basically. But it's not much in terms of intricate plans and it's very much a one-man-show where basically only MC has any brains, unlike in novels like Daoist Gu where there's lots of people who can think.

Well novels where anyone has any brain at all is a rarity in and of itself I guess so expecting anyone besides MC to have brains is to have too high expectations for your average novel I guess...

Bella94, raziel010 and runsing like this.
  11. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    he's pretty much a true-the-word OP Character. His position is unshakeable. He always have reserve strength. everytime we were shown a new stronger-than-everybody-else character, it turns out he/she still a step below, so much that his 'system help' is slowly but surely becoming abandoned and forgotten plot point.

:blob_plusone:
    a novel can only be as intelligent as its author is.
    still, this is a lot better read than most. mc still schemes and steps over everyone. even love is just a tool for him, he still cares for his harem, just that it isn't really a deep romantic feeling were more used to read.

Bella94, raziel010 and Astaroth like this.
  12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's "true" cultivation being revealed is pretty much the turning point for this. Before then his position seemed to at least be a bit precarious with the risk of being found out.

Honestly how he treats his waifus is pretty strange and inconsistent

On one hand he doesn't mind that some of them know his true identity and even lets the Human Ancestor Palace girl go free & potentially let everyone know.

Meanwhile Su Qingge gets told that he'll kill her if he were to find out that she's the Demonic Art Inheritor

But yeah the novel isn't bad. It's a bit lacking in suspense, since it's not even a question if the MC will ever suffer a setback.

So far the biggest 'setback' (and probably only setback) I've seen was MC's disciple Hongyi/Red Clothed feeding him poison (which he knowingly ate) which slightly hurt his source. And then he absorbed 10 people and is fully recovered in less than a chapter.

Any time MC is slightly surprised it's always in the MC's favor, plans either work as well as he'd thought or they work even better than expected

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    raziel010 likes this.
  13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, feel like Li Qiye archetype is about to get stomped on now.

14. LordofDao

LordofDao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How so?

15. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you opinions on which translator group is doing a better job at readability for this novel?

16. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    first of all, all 3 are pretty much readable, ignoring their botched 'unit'/numbers conversion, while this probably can be contributed to mtl, still the fact that they left it as it is, or entirely missed the point, sucks.

“Yin Mei, it is now late at night, do you want to go back to the mountain gate?”

At this time, Bai Lie looked over at Yin Mei with a hint of expectation and asked.

‘After all, it’s too late at night for Yin Mei to return to the mountain gate, right?;

Yin Mei heard that, and the expression on her face went back to her natural expression with seemingly no abnormality. She shook her head and smiled gently, “I won’t go back tonight. I have a small courtyard in this Ancient City where I can rest.”

Bai Lie was a little disappointed, but he couldn’t force it.

After that, Yin Mei also stayed for a while and then left.

But before leaving, her eyes flashed slightly, and a cheery voice came, saying, “But it’s not that far from here, it’s three hundred miles to the east.”

“Three hundred miles to the east…”

These words made Bai Lie’s eyes burst into flames, and he felt a little joy in his heart.

Could this be Yin Mei’s suggestion to him?

“Yin Mei, it’s already so late at night. Are you still planning to return to the sect?” Suddenly, Bai Lie asked Yin Mei with a look of expectation. It was too late for Yin Mei to choose to return to the sect after all.

Yin Mei already had her usual look on her face and one could not find anything strange with it. She shook her head lightly as she replied with a smile, “I won’t be returning tonight. I’ve got a small courtyard house in this ancient city, so I’ll be resting there.”

Bai Lie was a bit disappointed to hear what she said, but he also could not demand her to be with him tonight. Yin Mei didn’t stay for long and bid her farewell to him. But just when she was about to step out of the pavilion, a light flashed through her eyes and her smiling voice drifted into Bai Lie’s ears, “But it’s not far from here, located only a hundred and fifty meters to the east.”

“Located a hundred and fifty meters to the east…” These words made Bai Lie’s eyes burn with intensity as he felt joy in his heart. Was this Yin Mei giving him the hint to come visit her?

“Yin Mei, it’s getting dark so are you going back to the Heavenly Immortal Dao Palace?”

Bai Lie suddenly asked Yin Mei with an expectant look in his eyes.

After all, Yin Mei couldn’t go back to the Heavenly Immortal Dao Palace in the dead of the night, right?

Yin Mei’s expression and state returned to normal and she showed no abnormality with herself when she heard his words, and said, “I won’t go back tonight; I have a small courtyard in this ancient city, so I will go there for rest.”

Her response disappointed Bai Lie, but he understood that he couldn’t force it.

Yin Mei chatted with him a bit more and then walked away. But before her figure completely disappeared, a glint flashed past her eyes, and an alluring voice floated into Bai Lie’s ears, “My courtyard isn’t too far from here, just three hundred miles to the east.

“Three hundred miles to the east…”

Bai Lie’s eyes lit up and his heart jumped in joy as he wondered if Yin Mei was giving him a hint?

as a comparison, this is from an mtl site
    Yin Mei, the dim light of night is deep tonight, can you also return to the entrance?”
    At this time, Bai Lie a little anticipated suddenly looked to Yin Mei, asked.

After all the big evening, is Yin Mei not possible to return to the entrance again?

Yin Mei hearing this, on the face the facial expression has restored the nature, cannot see exceptionally comes, she shakes the head is smiling gently, „tonight does not go back, in this Ancient City I have a short separation institute, happen to can rest.”

Bai Lie is a little disappointed, but cannot demand.
    Then, Yin Mei does not stay for a long time, says goodbye to depart.
    However before leaving, her pupil light/only flashes slightly, having the happy expression sound to transmit, said, „is also away from here is not far, locates in the east side 300 li (0.5 km).”
    „East side 300 li (0.5 km) place......”

This saying, making the Bai Lie pupil light suddenly flaming, in heart slightly one happy.
    This saying to be could it be Yin Mei to his suggestion?

“尹湄,今晚夜色已深,你还要回山门吗?”

这时,白烈忽然有点期待地看向尹湄,问道。

毕竟大晚上的,尹湄不可能再返回山门吧?

尹湄闻言,脸上神情已经恢复自然,看不出异常来,她摇头轻轻笑着,“今晚不回去了,在这座古城内我有一处小别院,正好可以休息。”

白烈有点失望,但也不能强求。

而后,尹湄也不久留,告辞离去。

不过离开前,她眸光微微一闪,带着笑意的声音传来,道,“不过也距离这里不远, 就在东边三百里处。

“东边三百里处……”

这话,让白烈眸光猛然炽盛起来,心中略微一喜。

这话难道是尹湄对他的暗示吗?

we often hears people complaining things like "authors fails at math", etc, but in reality a significant portion of those 'failures' were probably the translator's/editor's.

17. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    wait this is a novel? i've been reading the web comic version of this for a while now

18. idan

idan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep

19. Epythymy

Epythymy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone tried latest chapters from FWO?

Out of the current 3 versions this was the only one that I enjoyed reading, that was until the tl quality suddenly dropped to mtl level. I didn't read anything since then cause I found other 2 tl versions rather awkward at best too.

Any improvements in later chapters, or it's still unreadable?

3 tl groups fighting over a good novel and all of them are of subpar/mtl quality. This is ridiculous.

20. Dao Soverign

Dao Soverign Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm, I find the FWO version better than the rest. I can keep track of the events better there...