Forgotten Title Fantasy, possibly BL, possibly non-human MC and possibly an ML with noble origins

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Mukkii, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Mukkii

Mukkii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm 80% sure I found the novel somewhere here on Novelupdates, that's why I hope that someone else has read it too.
    If I remember correctly, in its title the word 'monster' is present but I'm not entirely sure. One of its chapters around the 10th one is titled 'Demons' (again, if I remember correctly).
    Unfortunately I've only read a few chapters when I lost my phone and the novel with it too.

About the plot:
    The MC is a child (I don't know whether he was reincarnated or not), who lost his parents early somehow. Then he meets the ML who is a child as well, and they become friends. The ML takes him home and they live together from then on.
    I think the ML's family has some kind of noble rank, because they had a pretty big house.
    A bit later because the MC is not human/has strange magic (something like that) one night the MC's father puts a magical slave mark on him without asking him or his son for consent.
    The MC runs to the ML and they cry together...
    And this is all I can recall about it, but I know that I really liked the story.
    Sorry for being so vague...
    I would be really grateful if you could help me find it.

Have a nice day:)

RiboseSugar and Iruma666 like this.
  2. denisse

denisse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping! And sorry for not be able to help you find this novel :((

3. Iruma666

Iruma666 『 Banana Pudding Enjoyer 』

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series-finder/

:blobpensive:I'm too lazy rn to properly look, but here's a link to the Series Finder.
    There you can put on the tags that you know for sure apply to the novel, and what language it is. Plus you'd know better than I how many chapter you read- which you can then input in the box that says what's the minimum number of chapters.

:blobsalt: Also have you tried looking through your browser history? Google Chrome's and Firefox's browser histories are universal no matter the device as long as its the same account after all. So you can probs look there if it was recent enough :blobsalt:

4. Mukkii

Mukkii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Iruma666, thank you for the tips, but I've tried those already...:(

5. Iruma666

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair. Then I'll search a little ig :blobsalt:

Here are some titles I found using you description as reference. I haven't read them but they seem similar so check it out:

Monster Apartment (Seems translator has taken this down or it's a problem with the website currently - unless you wanna sail the seven seas :blobsmilehappyeyes:): https://www.novelupdates.com/series/monster-apartment/

Monster Inn Rectification Report (this one seems more likely?): https://www.novelupdates.com/series/monster-inn-rectification-report/

Monster (unlikely to be this but it had that title, and was yaoi, so I put it here too): https://www.novelupdates.com/series/monster/

:blobsalt:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  6. Mukkii

Mukkii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Iruma666, thank you for for the links, but unfortunately neither of them is what I am looking for...:(

7. Iruma666

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... I'm stumped cuz I never read this before.

Doesnt have "Monster" in the title but does have Demon in the chapter titles around the 10s: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/his-little-deer-wife-is-very-fierce/

The tags used here are "Shonen ai OR Yaoi" and "Non-humanoid Protagonist", thats it. However you are unsure if the non-humanoid part so take it with a grain of salt: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...i=or&tgi=17199&mtgi=and&sort=sdate&order=desc

Other than that can you say what language it was? And if it was Magic or Cultivation? I'm sorry for not being able to help much..... :sushi_sorry:

8. Mukkii

Mukkii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't be sorry, you are already helping me so much! And it's also possible that I didn't read it on Novelupdates, so please don't worry about it too much.
    Sadly, I couldn't find it on the list you sent me... but at least I found some new novels that look cute and interesting.:)
    It was Magic, I'm sure about that.
    I think it was originally English, not translated. (The names might have been Chinese/Japanese ones though, but I don't remember any names specifically, it's just a feeling).
    I'm cursing my bad memory so much right now!

9. Iruma666

Reading List:
    Link
    Try this one (doesn't have chapter named demon around 10s tho): https://chrysanthemumgarden.com/novel-tl/rin/

Also I made a list of every BL novel on NU with "Monster" in its title (click on the list named "BL with [monster] in the Title"): https://www.novelupdates.com/user/221957/Iruma666/?rl=1

If not Novel Updates, maybe try Scribble Hub or Royal Road? They tend to be places with originally English novels like that. NU has mostly translated stuff lmao (which is what I primarily read haha) :blobmelt:

10. Mukkii

Mukkii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not Rin the Rat.

Wow, thank you for the list! So far I haven't found the novel I am looking for, but I'm only halfway through the list.

I've already asked for help on Royal Road, but nobody has answered yet. And I've looked around on Scribble Hub as well... I'll try asking for help on that forum too.

11. aileeey

aileeey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about this one? "The Icy Hero is Yearning for Love"

12. Mukkii

Mukkii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I know that book (I'm currently reading it), but that's not it...
    Still, thank you for the tip.

aileeey likes this.
  13. aileeey

aileeey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm how about this one? A Real Man Isn’t Afraid of a Little Demon

14. thegodsdespiseme

thegodsdespiseme Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe try 'Picked up by the Protagonist of a Tormented! MC Novel'? It really isn't in the 'Monster' or 'Demons' category but this one is where MC (Reincarnated/Transmigrated, No parents?) and ML meet as kids and live together. Or I think that's what the book is about, it's been a while. It probably isn't it because ML isn't rich and he's dirt poor, but try?

15. Mukkii

Mukkii Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read that novel, and it's not what I'm looking for, but thank you!

Thank you, but I'm not looking for this one...

16. Hebaj22

Hebaj22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *LOOK AROUND*

Iruma666 likes this.