Forgotten Title Novel with jade finding competition

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by gniniz, Feb 14, 2022.

1. gniniz

gniniz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember very little about this novel, but it has a particular competition where the competitors are supposed to look for the stone with the most valuable piece of jade.

What I do remember about this novel:
    • It is mostly likely a BL, but it might also be BG
    • I'm 90% sure it is a Chinese novel
    • It is probably an interstellar or ancient China setting (so possibly xianxia/xuanhuan), but it might also have a modern setting.
    • The stone MC chose had always been part of the competition for many years, but no one chose it due to the fact that it did not look like it would have anything valuable in it (based on the criterias they have for choosing a stone with jade). So everybody mocked MC when he chose it. But it turns out the stone had a really valuable type of jade.
    • It was probably a really big piece of stone too.
    • MC might be reborn or transmigrated (I'm not very certain of this)
    • I think MC had some sort of cheat that allowed him to know which stones had valuable jade. Either that, or MC had a lot of experience in this aspect.
    I think that's all I remember from this scene. Although I kept saying jade, I cannot rule out that it might be an energy stone instead... Basically, the competitors were looking at stones and trying to find out which stone has the most valuable jade/energy stone in it, and the only way they'll know is by cutting the stone.

If anybody has any idea what novel this is despite the very little information, thank you so much!!! If not, just recommend some BL novels revolving around jade, thank you!

2. neuxxx

neuxxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legendary master’s wife had a scene where test participants had to find the most valuable energy stones or smth

3. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The rock gambling thing is kind of common in CN cultivation novels, I'm pretty sure I saw it in one of those mass-produced "op female modern assassin/doctor reincarnates into ancient cultivation world" manhua. I think it was Peerless Alchemist?

I feel like this actually happened in Reverend Insanity, too.

4. Bunga Kantan

Bunga Kantan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds a lot like My Five Elements Lack You except that it isn't xianxia/xuanhuan. There's a stone selecting competition in it.

5. DhiVhi

DhiVhi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea about the novel you want to find.
    But this is one of danmei that I know which has story about gambling jade Interstellar First Gambling Stone (
    星际第一赌石能源师)

6. Dragonfyre001

Dragonfyre001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I remember this novel but dont remember the title. Pretty sure the novel is BG and the guy chose the biggest rock in the gambling den which was used to support a table. I think the jade found inside was an Emperor Jade or something of the sort but I might be wrong.

7. kohaichi

kohaichi [Drifting in the world of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation of The Businesswoman in School
    - the MC has an ability to sense the whether the stone has jade or sth.
    - but I don't think it's this one :hmm:
    Priceless Baby 101: Bedside Stories
    - am more sure of this one :blob_plusone:
    - the MC is a jeweller or jewellery designer
    - idk why she picked that particular stone but am sure the MC participated in some competition and she picked that one unwanted stone or the stone that doesn't really look valuable and people mocked her for it but in the end she won in that competition, iirc.