Spoiler The Crow That’s After Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by podojoaa, Dec 5, 2021.

1. podojoaa

podojoaa reading romance novels to escape from lawyering ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Title: 나를 노리는 까마귀
    Available forms/media: Novel
    Year: 2021
    Author: 배와곰; Bae Wa Gom
    Link to official raws: Naver Link

Synopsis:
    “I’ll gladly welcome Archduke Barthian as my husband.”

Elena Selum got married to the Archduke of the North to avoid the crown prince’s proposal to become her mistress.

However, the attitude of the Archduke greeting Elena as his bride was cold.

“No matter if you were southern, you are now the Barthian Duchess. You’d better stop thinking that you can be as shallow as before.”

The secrets of her beautiful husband were revealed one by one.

Tired of her nightmare-like husband and her harsh life in the north, Elena decides to leave him.

Will she be able to get out of the grip of the Barthian Archduke as she wants?

“There’s only one thing I want from you.”

“I apologize in advance. I refuse to hear anything.”

Theodore, who held on to Elena’s waist, firmly refused.

“Why are you doing this to me? You hated me. My hair, my eyes, my clothes, everything I had and did was detestable– you only hurt me!”

“Elena…”

“Just don’t say that you’ve come to sincerely love me.”

“Then, please forgive my silence now.”

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. podojoaa

podojoaa reading romance novels to escape from lawyering ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    This was also just started by Rain of Snow!
    Seems like they picked up a lot of these "regretful male lead" novels right now.

BTW, the cover kinda reminds of me of those grocery store trashy romance novels... LOL

4. mg534

mg534 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so why does he hate her? or is he just a idiot who hates her for no reason?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  5. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like it or you know the classic mIsUnDERsTandIng Troupe, sad boohoo story? Or he's simply just a misogynist.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2022
  6. imreallyanarwhal

imreallyanarwhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found a site with it up to chapter 4 translated. So far it looks like both, with smidge of hatred of the royal family and a dash of regional prejudice added in, because southerner women are wh*res apparently and is convinced she's pregnant by the Crown Prince or Emperor. *sigh* I wish she would have snapped back when he started slinging those sorts of accusations that at least her sexual partners are human. Or something equally insulting about Northerner stereotypes.

7. HanoriSarah

HanoriSarah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol they kinda like this kind of genre XD

And probably me toooo_O

8. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
  9. rOeV

rOeV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More please

10. Cmdg0524

Cmdg0524 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so bummed out that this was dropped. I was really looking forward to it... hoping someone will kindly put up some spoilers or even decide to pick this up.

tylerdylan18 likes this.
  11. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread? I have read both versions of this series (regular and R19 version) and the last chapters there didn't have any characters named Eric and Elien. The main characters of this story are called Elena and Theodore.

The last paragraphs mention Elena having given birth to a second child with Theodore.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  12. RegisteredToAskAThing

RegisteredToAskAThing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the first child, Theodore's child?
    Any overall summary?
    2nd male leads, ect.

13. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Elena and Theodore have a son named David much earlier in the story, long before they have their "happy ending." They still have a bad marital relationship at that point.

It's unfortunately been a while since I read this series, so I can't provide that many details anymore. If I remember right:

The Emperor once wanted Theodore's father to marry a Southern woman named Karina. Theodore's father was already married to Theodore's mother, so the Emperor annulled their marriage and ordered the father to marry Karina instead. Theodore's mother then committed suicide.

Karina turned out to be a woman who slept around and even tried to seduce Theodore. (Theodore rejected her. He tells Elena on their first night together that it's his first time as well.) Karina also opened their gates to the enemy army and killed Theodore's father. So she caused a lot of grief and is the source of Theodore's intense dislike of Southern women. And Theodore is utterly consumed by a desire for revenge on the royals who wrecked his family and left his people to starve. That's why he spends most of the series being a massive jerk towards his wife Elena, who is a Southern woman like Karina and also spent much time at court near the royal family.

There are no rival love interests in terms of FL or ML having romantic feelings for anyone else. The Crown Prince wants to make Elena his mistress, and initially seems charming when he appears in the story, but Elena knows that he is actually a very cruel person so there are no romantic feelings from Elena's side. However, Elena almost becomes his mistress at one point because she's so desperate to get away from Theodore that she's willing to make a deal with the devil. (In the end, she doesn't sleep with the Crown Prince.)

Later on, Theodore takes part in killing the Crown Prince. The Crown Prince is taunting Theodore that he's planning to abuse Elena, while Theodore is just standing there watching him. The Crown Prince is expecting Theodore to physically attack him, but Theodore says he doesn't have to since the Crown Prince had been drinking poisoned wine during their conversation. So the Crown Prince dies from poison.

Afterwards, Theodore gives Elena evidence that he took part in the killing of the Crown Prince. So if Elena wants to, she can send Theodore to be executed for that murder. (Theodore has entered Regretful Male Lead mode at this stage.) The two reconcile and are acting lovey-dovey towards the end. Elena becomes pregnant again and gives birth to a second child.

Disclaimer: This is all from memory, so I could have misremembered some details....

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  14. LaMuerte

LaMuerte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: