World building outline...

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by girisuherman, Feb 17, 2022.

1. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    While I browsing my old HD I found some documents from 2013 that was filled with old novel ideas and I found something interesting... also the grammar is bad even after I attempt to fix it so I just copy-paste it to Grammarly

Also, tell me what did you think? is there is a plot hole?
    Summary:
    in the year 2054 first sign of alien life is a massive space battle that occurred in orbit of Jupiter, almost 1000 ships of various sizes were observed in the battle that took almost a week to finish all that left just a floating wreck in space... 3 months later alien ship orbit earth transmitting data to join the fight or do nothing

Background:
    the outsider or the alien Kt'eth have observed earth from a stone era until now, they are in war with the galactic union and they are losing, the battle on Jupiter is raiding force and they cant defend another wave and if they withdraw earth going to be occupied by a galactic union.

Kt'eth is a technological advance but lack in a population (1) so they compensate it with a very smart VI but unfortunately, it is still too dumb for battle, and at this rate earth solar system going to be frontline in the next 10 year so they decide to uplit human and they going to set up a station to recruit humans as mercenaries to pilot clones (Quantum clone) (2).

they going to pay in standard galactic credits(3) or rare metal, the military send first and after a few months, governments lower military recruitment standards try to make many soldiers as they can. then Kt'eth suddenly offers free citizenship uploading files on the internet that government tries politicking and backfire.

after some political storm, Kt'eth agree to withdraw free citizenship and was allowed to build a city in the pacific ocean, Kt'eth constructs not only a city but also a space elevator, and apparently, the free pass has crashed the market, as 1 GC can exchange for 10kg solid gold and free hospital check-in cause you never sick again(nanomachine). so the government set a ludicrous traffic tax for anyone who wants to pass.

Story plot:
    The protagonist is Jameson Rick an average joe that likes playing Hardcore VR games, one day he gets a job offer to join the Esport team, later on, James met Guran(4) the team sponsor that offers a contract that gives very good pay to play Kt'eth game and say he only need monthly transfer quota.

James sign it and get a small apartment in Kt'eth city also a massive debt to Guran, technically all James needs to do is don't break the law and stay there for 3 years but he decides to register as a mercenary and given standard nanite by Kt'eth, he thinks this just a realistic game(5) and decides to skip the tutorial and drop on the map with the highest pay

let's say James experienced futuristic trench warfare and died eaten alive by an alien parasite then woke up in the emergency room because he didn't turn on pain inhibitor.

(1) side effect rampant genetic argumentation from past era cause Kt'eth is almost different species for each individual also they did try to fix this, unfortunately, it's going take multiple generations for fix fertility to an acceptable level
    (2)Quantum clone is like Schrodinger's cat, the one that contains real body is Anchor and the other is Projector that creates quantum shadow from Anchor, as long Anchor remains intact shadow can be generated again and again as long there is energy (Note create freak accident by opening anchor while projector in operation)
    (3) Galactic credits are a bundle of data that is value rated by rarety and content, for example, earth movie from 2000 to 2050 has a value of 1GC, and instruction how to make Razorhes steel has a value of 40000GC
    Vet'rizl only the can make GC as they owner of FTL network and Galactic credits can uncompressed by special program so data can be read but unfortunately, after uncompressed it can't become GC
    (4)Guran is blackmarket dealer and smuggler, he wanted by many nations because smuggling Kt'teh technology to earth
    (5)when on battle Kt'eth share information for every unit for human comfort the information is filtered displayed as Hud like a game, Minimap, bullet count is default display and hud can be customized

To do list:
    -What is Kt'eth?
    Cat squid snake? very curious also Ambush tunneling predator from a desert planet (expand more later on)
    -What is Vet'rizl?
    Dog-like lizard? or Dragon? like knowledge, Ultra old Empire staying in six solar systems and have 6 ringworld
    -What is galactic union?
    A federation that made from 4 main species as main house and vassal as rest, The Empire in nutshell they want Kt'eth quantum tech
    -make a backstory for galactic union 4 house
    -make shadowy terrors organization that opposes Kt'eth uplift
    -Figuring military structure
    -Make galactic faction and alliance
    -Make weapon tech (done)
    -make spaceship tech(done)
    -Make storyboard(later)
    -do I forget something?

Baldingere likes this.
  2. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Things to think about,
    Since the (good)alien race is fighting the (bad) fellows, why does this matter for earth? Presumably the fellows are going to either enslave or bulldoze earth,
    Were people enslaved before this? if so that means the aliens weren't benign and maybe the fellows are the good ones(which may be an intentional plot twist for all I know)
    Uh, also maybe try and figure out how society/technology might change in 30 years before and after the interference?

To be honest this is still more grammatically correct than the chaos of my own story outlines so don't worry about that, but grammar checks help in the long run for drafts and final chapters.

girisuherman likes this.
  3. Xian Piete

Xian Piete Author of many mediocre stories

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't have a story idea that I can see, just a few pieces of background for a story to live in.

Why should we follow your protagonist? Your protagonist needs to be involved with a story that has a beginning, a middle, and an end. Not just a part of a beginning. Don't concentrate on the fluff that goes on in the background of your story start with your story and add the fluff as needed.

What do I mean? Is it a romance between two star-crossed lovers? Is it a caper crime? Is it a murder mystery? Is it a monomyth? Is it a cops and robbers mob story? There are quite a few things it can be but you need to have this part first.

07-Tail and girisuherman like this.
  4. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you and from species draft, Kt'eth is not a bad guy but they are sorta off-hand also they did indirectly cause multiple civilizations to fall by accident as they are too free in giving knowledge. basically along the species don't extinct its fine if civilization collapse in fact it was like shedding skin for them as Kt'eth government is worse than the earth itself(It holding by using glue and rubberband). as for war, they united to defend territory from an outsider and main outline of this species is "Kt'eth is oddball they don't stumble to the problem but they wait for a problem to reach its tentacle and start solving it" probably because they are ambush predator.

for Galactic Union, it was worse, Capitalism overdrive from note if earth solar-system conquered then everything inside it will categorize as a spoil of war that may be sold, also good idea on technology call influence it somehow almost slip my mind.

No, the earth is still owned by the original government. so what Kt'eth doing is like "Hey we going to make station here, and oh yeah we were at war too so you can join if you want it fine if you don't do anything. also take my wifi password and ask the robot if you have question, Cya"
    Probably you can see why they make some civilization collapse

Umu that is actually my problem, I'm trying to make a story from an incomplete background story. but yes I got the outline now, so basically, it likes a novel "The Gam3" from RRL.... dang I need a storyboard and somehow the ending, Jameson paying a debt to Guran probably can serve as a mid-story objective not a proper ending...

Btw Thanks for feed back, it really help me

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    IReadWhenBoredSoWhat likes this.