Discussion Do you exercise?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shaiole, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Being stuck at home most of the time makes me feel... fatter. Being a little fatter isn't the end of the world. I keep telling myself, I'll probably lose them once I restart commuting to work. But it has been more than 2 years. I feel so out of shape.

Anyone have tips for exercise routines for lazy bums like me. Do you do any routines? I don't exercise before since I didn't feel the need to.

Cream and Cutter Masterson like this.
  2. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go to a gym. Or buy some equipments.

Edit.
    There are some gyms open now. Unless your country has a high case of vitamin C.

Cream and Shaiole like this.
  3. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    plank, 20 squats, 20 push ups and some walk should see you keeping ok shaped body if you do it 3X a day.
    You wont be athletic looking but nor will you be too squiggly if you eat properly.

Shaiole and Silver Snake like this.
  4. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I try to walk the way whenever I can. And I energetically climb stairs on my toes.

5. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and 10 km every day and voila you'll lose your fat....
    And also your hair.... :blobwhistle:

Shaiole likes this.
  6. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    I do workouts as if I am stuck in solitary confinement. My workout space is pretty small. Also routine depends on the person, try to see what works for you. I workout before sleep, to tire myself out. Workout, shower, then sleep.

Shaiole likes this.
  7. myfakeaccount

myfakeaccount Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not an exercise routine but rather a routine to murder people.

8. SASScasm

SASScasm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you know how you stretch when you get up from your desk? search up and add some more moves to it.

Just raise your knees to a level where your thighs are parallel to the ground, like a march. j Do it till you are tired.

Climb stairs when possible. At the bottom of the staircase keep one leg on the second step, bend your knee and stretch.
    do the same on the third steps
    on the fourth step and so on.

Do a squat instead of bending to pick up small things.

keep junk food in a place you need to work to get.(like in shelf so high you need ladders to reach it but keep the ladder in an another room; you'll have to carry it all the way over and then rward yourself)

Keep moving every 1 hr( like turn your chair away from the desk and then bend your knees 5-10 times)

If you can motivate yourself into an exercise routine that would be for the best.

Shy Muffin and Cream like this.
  9. warspite

warspite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My case was opposite to you. I'm too thin and also doesn't engage in any exercises. I look like a tall walking stick but right now, I have zero plans to start an exercise program aaaa I guess I'm not motivated enough but I'll consider it again and move my fcking ass to live a healthy life.

10. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat pat*
    >.>
    For people like this eating more is usually what helps more than any exercise would...

11. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    No no, just unlocks your saitama form.... :blobrofl:

Shaiole likes this.
  12. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a couple of recs in this shameless blog link.

Shaiole likes this.
  13. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    So you want to exercise, but you don't feel like exercising, and you want us to convince you to do something you don't want to do. Alright, I think I got it. I am not surprised most people didn't get the ethos of your message. I was also in the mindset of not exercising because I don't need to, but now I do it because it's fun. Well, it's not fun in the moment, in the moment it's hell, it's fun after, a sort of fulfilling feeling. It feels nice to surpass your prior limits. I become more narcissistic the more visible my abs become, and I feel that this sort of narcissism is healthy.

On the note of health, exercising will lead to eating in a healthy way, and, well, eating healthy and exercising is healthy. It is good to be healthy. Wait, let me try that again, I'm not being very convincing.

Overall, you'll feel better in the long run if you exercise even if you don't have any hard health related reasons to begin doing so. It's like saving money for retirement. Would be cool to splurge on whatever you want, but long run is also good. That is the end of my ted talk.

Cream likes this.
  14. OneeChanKyun

OneeChanKyun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lifting weights while reading light/web novels on pc~

Cream likes this.
  15. warspite

warspite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's exactly the problem aaaaaa. I don't have a big appetite. A few spoons and I'm full. QAQ

16. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed:blobrofl:. I Can probably do like at most 10 push ups. Will probably never become a saitama
    Me discovering for the first time that blog posts exists in Nuf:hmm:
    :blobpopcorn_cool:. I liked how u likened it to saving money for retirement. :blobhero: For the future me i guess

Cream likes this.
  17. Sheila Fett

Sheila Fett New Member

Reading List:
    Link

It is not that important to buy equipment to lose stubborn fat. Here is some exercise which will help you reduce the fat at home if you try seriously.

1. Burpees.
    2. Jump Squats.
    3. Split lunge jumps.
    4. Push-ups.
    5. Mountain Climbers.
    6. Plank up-downs.
    7. Bicycle Crunches.

Cream likes this.
  18. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Was I able to convince you to begin exercising?

19. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I lost about 18kg when I was on a three months (a bit longer even) vegan "lifestyle" diet. I don't do diets, I just randomly decide not to eat certain things and then give those ideas, about not eating, up whenever it suits me. But by vegan I mean really vegan, no eggs, no fish, no milk, no meat, no gelatine filled candies, no milk chocolate (there is vegan chocolate), also at that time, I didn't eat anything with gluten as well (normal vegans can eat but my stomach felt weird, so I didn't).
    Then I got a dog, now I gained some weight back (probably should restart my vegan lifestyle diet), but I definitely move more, at the minimum 5 km a day and usually closer to 10 km walks. Sadly my furry friend gets too happy when I try to do any form of exercise on the carpet, thus when I intend to do say 10 pushups in like one minute and get it over and done with... hahaha, it took me over 20 minutes and both of my arms were scratched and my hair was nibbled on... hmmm I started doing pushups behind closed doors, but it needs to be done quickly or someone will start barking from missing their human too much...

Anyway, I believe (from losing and gaining over 20 kgs three or four times in my not too long life), losing weight is actually not that difficult, all you have to do is decide to do it and then just do it. However I must admit that not everyone has a weird brain like me... So just get a dog nd go out for a walk/run... take it slow, step by step the kilometers add up

Cream and Shaiole like this.
  20. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know. I did start exercise from time to time but easily gives up in a few days...