Recommendations Anime Recommendations

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Rin.rinaaa, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I've been an avid anime fan a few years ago until I just stopped... Like all of a sudden I lost the drive to watch a new anime series. I actually forgot most of the series that I used to watch and love because of so many events that transpired in my life. Just recently, I'm interested in watching something new and refreshing since I was bored watching some of the newly released tv series or movies out there. I recently watched Tokyo Revengers, it has a nice premise and was an okay watch. But do you guys have any recommendations that are similar to that? or something that could get me out of this slump since I really really wanted to get back into the game of watching an anime again like waiting for a new episode to come out or smthn (I used to love that feeling and now it's just gone...). I honestly feel like I'm missing out whenever I talk to my really close otaku friend. So yeahhh any recommendations?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  2. DiCotton

DiCotton Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more of a manga person but I too sometimes deal with slumps. Whenever that happens I try to discover a genre I have been reading the least and just give it a go. That usually works for me.
    Anime-wise I recently got hooked on a lighthearted comedy "Life with an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout". I think it's pretty neat.

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  3. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    You could prolly try watching sonny boy if you haven't done it can geeeet really confusing. The anime is amazing if you're into forming your own interpretations and thinking deeply about weird stuff, which I like lol but it's definitely more on the unrealistically realistic side of anime at some points.

Beastars is good too, I used to have a bad bias towards it cause I was like ew furries (immature but I learned from that <.<) but the story plot in relation to functions/reality of the living patterns of the animals incorporated to the characters is really well done. Just try it if you wanna lmao.

Link click is good too I watched for the opening and ending song stayed for the feels and plot lmaoooo. Have a good day lol.

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  4. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind some that are quite old:
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
    One Punch Man
    Jujutsu Kaisen
    Fire Force
    Soul Eater
    Kimetsu no Yaiba
    Tensura
    Knights and Magic
    Youjo Senki, Black Lagoon, Drifters, Hellsing & Jormungand for those who wants some dark comedies
    Kekkai Sensen
    Log Horizon
    Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?
    Leadale & Bisque Doll (currently on air this season)
    BOFURI
    Gundam: Narrative, Thunderbolt & Iron Blood Orphan for the recent ones & Gundam Build series for the a bit old ones

Heard some good hype for Spy x Family that would play next season

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    MR.Klein likes this.
  6. warspite

warspite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second Beastars because it was so fckng good tho I've only read the manga (cuz I prefer reading). I can't really recommend you anything cuz I kinda forgot those animes that I've watched. I was addicted to it before but now, I'm more inclined to reading stuffs. If you don't mind reading, I can give you some titles.

Edit: Oh I suddenly remembered Code Geass. It was good af if you don't mind mecha. Horimiya for romance (didn't watch the anime but I saw that it was animated well. I've only read the manga). The same goes for Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy x Family, Record of Ragnarok and Hell's Paradise. I also recommend Monster (either anime or the manga), My Dress-Up Darling's doing well too (again, I'm reading the manga tho the anime adaptation looks nice).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  7. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Cautious Hero 10/10 comedy/tragedy
    Shokugeki no Soma is pretty good, but the S04E07 wasn't loading on kissanime and the only other site that has it is animeplanet which keeps buffering. So I watched the dub version on kissanime...I think I had enough cringe for 10 years.

8. Deleted member 343051

Deleted member 343051 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    • Pandora hearts
    • Happy Sugar Life
    • Mahou shoujo madoka magica
    • Mahou shoujo site

9. MR.Klein

MR.Klein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like shounen other than the big four try these
    Black Clover
    Boku no Hero Academia
    Kimetsu No Yaiba

You want something light novelesque
    Re:zero-Starting life in another world
    kumo desu ga, nani ka
    Soul land (a chinese anime adaptation of doulou dalu surprisingly the 3d animation works really well for this story and the anime is also faithful to the light novel)

Dark/mature
    Berserk
    Youjo senki (this one is more comedy than dark, the main character will massacre a city full of innocent civilians but it will make you laugh)
    Attack on titan
    Parasyte

10. littleoctopus

littleoctopus White Lotus Slayer ✦ Villain Sympathizer

Reading List:
    Link
    Black Lagoon

11. hungry_cultivator

hungry_cultivator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any preference in genre?