How to train your stamina and body?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kaylee, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since covid, and WFH, I dont go out much. Everything is delivery.
    And I become lazy to move.
    Now, my stamina and my breath cannot do with heavy lifting to the point I could lift 10kg stuff but need to rest.

Anyone have way to work out or link to exercise of how to gain your stamina back that you can do without going to the gym?

2. Kodiak

Kodiak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Check on YouTube for at home workouts. They're free, some of them are intense, and most you don't need gym equipment with. Try a few and go with the ones that challenge you.

Kaylee likes this.
  3. ZMThing

ZMThing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do house chores everyday OvO

Kaylee likes this.
  4. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a video by a pretty decent workout guy on youtube. This one in particular is a full body workout that you can do at your own pace for the duration. Do one full set, and if that's all you can do that's fine, just try to up the number of reps you do during the interval, and do it several times a week.

Vanidor likes this.
  5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Get your cat master today!

Shiki, Kaylee, patient and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been doing push up for 2 days, and now my arms are like lead...
    And did try Mr Cat to help me, but he was only willing for couple seconds. The other Ms Cats refuse flat out.

I'll stir from the intense one.
    Damn
    The music is making it pretty intense but somehow I'm getting this 'Yeah! Let's do this!' vibe which I'll hope can go on for weeks.

7. NirvEND

NirvEND That time my NUFfamily started a cult&caused chaos

Reading List:
    Link
    @UsefulAlive24

Yooooo look at these cat supported workouts. Hahaha I'll do some with the fat fluffy one.

8. Grey_Angel

Grey_Angel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about cold showers to regain your resistance? It helped me regain my immunity.

Kaylee likes this.
  9. NirvEND

NirvEND That time my NUFfamily started a cult&caused chaos

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly
    If keeping a workout routine isn't going to work. Then just making things a little more inconvenient for your self might help a bit.

Stock up on less or put what you can further away/harder to reach. Make it so you have to move things to get to others. Park further away for example.

These are like minimums of minimum. They with some portion limits won't make you fit but stay reasonable~

Think grade school gym class. 30 mins or an hour of basic things. Stretches into some simple activities

Kaylee likes this.
  10. yun yun yun

yun yun yun (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 3 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not giving you exercise tips since I also don't but what I've noticed from myself is I got to get up first an move around...
    So far I've only been sleeping, going to class, doing homework, but mostly sleeping which made my body more weary (lack of energy) since my brain prolly thought my other limbs don't need more supply of energy...
    So I say get up, brighten your place, idk what you do but just don't lie down...
    It's to first keep your heart pumping enough energy supply to all parts of your body...

Kaylee likes this.
  11. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Athlean X is good, Zom the Monk linked above. There's also Madfit, she has some apartment friendly workouts and others which are less quiet.

If you want to make up your own exercise routine:
    - Anything that keeps your heartrate up for a long time will help your stamina and breathing
    - Most people don't have the muscles to do singular exercises like pushups for long enough to do the above point, so switching exercises repeatedly works. It lets one set of muscles recover a bit while you do another.
    - Legs are stronger and have more endurance than almost any muscle
    - Abs and calves recover extremely fast compared to other muscles so they are often good to go the next day unless they are painful

Kaylee likes this.
  12. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I did marching band for like 5+ years and now I do a job where im essentially lifting and walking for 8 hours a day.

I also walk all my dogs for 15 minutes each 5 times a day. So that would total to about 3 dogs x 15 minutes = 45 minutes per session x 5.
    So, 225 minutes spent walking dogs every day.

I also do 15 sit ups and 10 pushups 1 hour after waking up.

I dont really eat very healthy tho. I'm like 190 lb but its ok since I'm 6 foot 4.

If you wanna do some quick exercises start doing breathing exercises. You can do them any time of the day. I've been doing dragon breaths every day for the past 7 years.

Kaylee likes this.
  13. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why tf are people recommending you to do pushups and bodyweight exercises lol

You should do some cardio like jumping rope, with or without the rope, or simply some jogging. The intensity doesn't matter. As long as you exercise for around 30 mins, with as many breaks as you want, every other day or whenever you feel like your soreness has gone away, you will recover your lung function much quicker.

Heads up, your cardiovascular health (lung stamina) will take some weeks or even months to fully recover.

Issis and Kaylee like this.
  14. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt you'd do home workouts if you're too lazy to go to the gym. Even if it's cheaper and you can get just a few versatile things to exercise with, in the gym you see other people working hard and you get motivated.
    You don't have to go to the boring gym, sports are fun so join a club.

Your condition though seems terrible if you consider 10kg heavy lifting and need rest. 10 y/o girls can lift 10kg, not making fun of you. So just run/fast walk outside as much as you can, coz at this point you can't even join a sports club or work out in the gym.
    I'm no expert on this, but I'd say go out for 30min two times a day so you don't stress yourself with a hard long workout.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    Kaylee likes this.
  15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know! I was also shocked!
    2 years ago, things didnot go this terrible.
    Maybe because I have asthma, and family gene of heart condition so I dont do heavy exercise much. And with restriction to go out and move the past years made me lazy and lax....I'm entirely to blame.

Gym here is expensive, they all come with membership for at least 6months with so much dollars in it. Alright, another reason I find for myself not to go to gym....

I'm totally rookie for stuff like that. I just try them one by one and see if they suit me or not lol
    Been doing push up and jumping, now my whole body ached.
    So I just do the exercise like running/jumping in place mostly then rest here and there for total of 30min (i hope), choosing the ones without too much intensity in arm and leg for now.

What's dragon breath? Let me google first.

This works fine for me. But I still need to rest after a while, my legs cannot keep up XD

16. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, in my country years ago you could pay membership for min 2x a week, or 3,4, everday with according prices.
    Now here, there is a fucking contract, cards and full time only...
    Yeah asthma isn't really an excuse, I had it as a child but it never stopped me from being one of the best runners in class, or Michael Phelps from getting gold, or Michael the new Karate Kid in Cobra Kai.
    Btw swimming is good for asthma and one of the most difficult cardio all around workout you can find. Maybe paying for a pool might be less expensive than a gym that also has a pool.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022