Discussion The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by flamingorangesoof, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Xylade

Xylade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Own advice? You were the one who clearly tries to correct someone's grammar here but fails to follow their own. lol

To be frank, you're a complete and utter moron.

Yes, we can hate all we want and like what we want. Each of us have our own preferences.

Do you really think ruve is the only reason why this story got hated that much? How truly naive. :blob_grin:

Please don't respond to me if you're just going to repeat yourself.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    Taruna, Arye and Turbostop like this.
  2. Nuzlocke

Nuzlocke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they liked to question people's intelligence ;)

I didn't toss the first stone mate, but that doesn't mean I don't bite back lol

Dimension Breaker?! Is that you? You silly goose! Using an alt won't stop me from ignoring you XD

Glad you understand ;)

Nope, I'm pretty sure another reason is the illusion of choice we, as readers, were presented.

And the silly plot they gave us with that duke guy.

You'd know this if you were actually keeping up with the conversation lol.

I asked you this first Dimension Breaker, please don't use another alt to harass me. It's pretty immature, not to mention pathetic.

You should also avoid mimicking a parrot ;)

I won't be responding to you again btw, you've already shown your hand.

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Xylade

Xylade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because you were the one who questioned their intelligence first? XD

You just used some of my previous words but I cant? lol
    Now because of it you somehow identify me as an alt of @Dimension Breaker?
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege. :blobjoy:

Gosh, you didn't get the narrative on what it promised in the beginning and what it delivered in the end? XD

Now you're pathetic here, assuming someone as another's alt.
    As I've said before, don't respond to me if you don't have any other meaningful thing to say. You're the mimicking parrot when you keep repeating on "RuVe ThIs Ruve THat', 'DiFferEnT TL', tImE TravEl'. Really, is that the only thing you can say?? :blobconfused:

I won't respond to you now I know you're as stubborn as a mule. :blob_grin:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    Taruna and Arye like this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, Tia doesn't need to differentiate between them both, though TL2 still did nothing wrong.

It's just better for Tia to keep them both separate, as she'll be forced to spend her life with him, yanno? So... Well, better try looking at things from the good sides at this point. Otherwise she'll just suffer more.

Dimension Breaker likes this.
  5. Xylade

Xylade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I guess that's just for the best. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Dimension Breaker likes this.
  6. Mis Occ

Mis Occ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What @Emile said was clear and concise. I guess peope with low EQ just can't get it?

It's funny how all of your words only revolve around, 'tImE tRaVeL' '2nd Tl ruVe is different blah blah blah'. Your bias is clear and it shows. Ruve is still toxic on the 2nd TL on how he prioritize his own selfishness over Tia's wishes and well being (e.g rejected her oath to become a knight and embarrassed her in front of people, invasion of personal space). But I guess people like you will overlook it. I also fail to understand how some people like the toxic pair of Tia and Ruve when they have no chemistry at all. Even if it is a political marriage, her father had a hidden card he can use to free tia.

I'm gonna agree on what @Xylade said, everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege. LoL

I'm not gonna respond to you after this btw. I think I already know what you're gonna say; blocked.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    Taruna and Arye like this.
  7. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    *IQ

I actually prefer the only non-toxic romantic option, which is the red one.

But to each their own.

My point was that most of the reasons people have for disliking Ruve aren't even valid, or are a consequence of the setting. Clearly tho, you only sped through what I said and ignored a good chunk of it.

Might wanna learn how to spell IQ before calling others stupid, you big silly XD

Nah, you actually had something semi-relevant to say. It might have been completely wrong, but there's no reason to ignore you like I did Dimension Breaker and his alt account, who was only looking for a fight. I'm not going to tolerate a child's attempts at harassment, people get enough of that on Twitter.

You're welcome to ignore me though, I understand why the fact that you misspelled a two letter word, then called someone stupid, might be embarrassing.

I just hope you aren't another alt account.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    AliceShiki likes this.
  8. Mis Occ

Mis Occ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you for real??? Gonna hold my ignore on you for this one message to dispell your ignorance and how your words have no effect on me and only bites you back...

Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to understand and recognize one's own emotions and those of others.

IQ tests measure your ability to solve problems, use logic, and grasp or communicate complex ideas. EQ tests measure your ability to recognize emotion in yourself and others, and to use that awareness to guide your decisions.

Since you can't seem to genuinely understand how many people hated/disliked this story only showed how low your EQ is.

Lets agree for a fact that ruve in 2nd tl is not the same person. Why does he deserve a chance again over any of the other leads who haven't even traumatized the fl in first tl? Why does she have to put in the work to clear his unjustified jealousy towards her when the red haired knight is literally the best guy around? She was traumatized and she had no reason to go back to ruve in the second tl. Just the trauma is a good enough reason. She wasted her second chance to be with a guy who was the source of her trauma. She put in all that work when she didn't have to, got over her trauma so easily when she shouldn't have. This is literally a plot point in Angelic lady. The FL's fiance was mind controlled into arresting her and giving her a bad time in general. In the second tl, she finds out about the existence of this mind control potion. She acknowledges that her fiance is not the same guy from the first TL, and the guy is even making sincere attempts to be with her, but she admits she just can't be with him because of the trauma from the first TL. She always gets those images whenever she's with him and cannot reciprocate his feelings because of that trauma.
    Basically this series downplays the trauma and overplays the influence drugs can have. Sure he is a different person in second TL but she was not obligated to give a second chance to him when she could have been with someone else like Carsein who respects her wishes and only wants the best for her. She knew her feelings were controlled by fate but she herself cheapens her trauma and grief by ultimately staying with ruve.

I hope you'll do some introspection and know why this is hated not just because of the ML but also for the dumb FL.
    That's it, this is my last message for you. Don't embarrass yourself any further. Gonna ignore you back now. If you still didn't understand, may God help your soul.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    Taruna, Leyan, Arye and 1 other person like this.
  9. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    >Claims he'll ignore me
    >Comments anyway

Rent free!

Jokes aside tho, I don't really care about your buzz words. You should have just said empathy and moved on. I understand that a few people had valid reasons for hating this story, but a lot of people don't.

Because of the setting. Don't get me wrong, I disliked that part of the story too. She should have been given actual options, instead the author solidifies the end game pretty early on and that kinda soils the fun.

Angelic Lady's FL was literally given more freedom than Tia by the writer tho, hence why it's different and why I say we were given the illusion of choice.

My point was never about Ruve being a good ML, I was merely mocking the major reasons people dislike him. Appreciate you highlighting the other reasons why he, and by extension the story, is disliked tho, but you could do without more of the parrot impression.

Hope you'll actually follow through with your "threat"/promise tho, it'd be pretty embarrassing of you if, after saying all that, you still came back for more ;)

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't know the meaning of the abbreviation of EQ, how embarrassing, lmao. Speaks volume of your negative braincells.
    I wont be surprised if people here think you are a retarded clown.
    THIS.

Taruna likes this.
  11. friedbanana

friedbanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manhwa only till what chapter... until something the main characters still kids and then I skipped to two last chapters, nothing impresive and I never coming back to read the missing chapters.

Leyan, Nuzlocke and Dimension Breaker like this.
  12. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    True, true. Call it an obsession if she wants. Unrequited love is a thing not to mention the "obsessed" man is end game. I like a man who doesn't demand being love back anytime. It's called respect. And funny how that person dodge the part where I mention Jieun.

exactly! That's the point I'm trying to make to her while she's being down other perfectly fine ML to glorify Ruve. I mean u white wash glorify all u want but don't bring down good loyal ML and call them obsessive for not receiving love or confessing. I mean what's the point of confessing if the answer is no. And why do u have to give ur crush's love if u have a crush on them? They didn't make u have a crush on them

So basically ur arguing that it's an alternative/parallel universe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen similar plots being played out better than this. Like in Two Faced Venerable Emperor, the ML got mind controlled by his master to abuse the FL and abandon her. Afterwards, he felt bad and try to make up for it, but the FL still won't go back with him. Yes, he's the ML, but actually that doesn't mean he have to be the end game. In the end, the FL completely left the ML behind and went to another plane/realm.

Another example is this mpreg BL book(forgot name) but the gong made the shou get abortion and that causes him to die. After his reborn back in time, he tried avoiding the gong. Heck what's better here is that the shou told the gong what happened and gong tried getting forgiveness from shou even if he technically didn't do it it's was another timeline. At least he tried to sincerely apologize and get forgiveness

Taruna and Leyan like this.
  13. comeetomama

comeetomama half emo girl from hell because angels sucks

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol if I was in your shoes @Dimension Breaker I wouldn't even bother to reply. Because there is no way in the hell that for a mature and intelligent person to justify and defend Ruve. You can like him, that's your problem.

But you can't just whitewash him just because he is 'changed'?

When I first read his spouse to be sooooo tragic backstory I was dumbfounded like wtf dude? You made an innocent girls life a living hell just because she was more cabaple than you. And people still try to justify him saying it's a misunderstanding. Lol
    It's really funny

Taruna, Leyan and Dimension Breaker like this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody sane defends Timeline 1 Ruve.

Timeline 2 Ruve didn't do the things you mentioned though, so he is innocent of those crimes and as such, should not be judged through them.

Nuzlocke likes this.
  15. comeetomama

comeetomama half emo girl from hell because angels sucks

Reading List:
    Link
    firstly there are a lot of people who defends him because he was 'duruged' so he cant take full responsibility for his crimes. They say this.
    Also 2nd timeline ruve is still an asshole. There was a quote from novel where workes said "When madam is not here he is like a tyrant only with madam he behaves like a decent beign" or something like that. You understood what i mean. He is still an asshole. If Tia didnt change he would be still the same thrash despise having a decent live.
    i despise people like him. He had everyting and dont come to me saying uwuu he was under such a pressure from early age uwuuuu and only person who showed him love openly died uwuuu.

so what? All people live under pressure he is just a pussy. He disguses me. The way he treats other people is disgusting. He is not a decent human at all. He only changed the way he treats Tia. Still same shit.

16. Screamletter

Screamletter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's so refreshing to see debate here and there abt this webtoon

Nuzlocke likes this.
  17. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many people including my hatred for this garbage story is what making this discussion thread alive :blobhero::blob_grin:

Taruna and comeetomama like this.
  18. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, basically XD
    Absolutely NO ONE is defending TL1 Ruve lol
    A jerk's a jerk XD
    Being unpleasant isn't a crime. It just means you're unpleasant to be around. He's still not comparable to TL1 Ruve, who was a borderline psychopath.
    The only reason Tia hit that bad end was because she didn't call her father "daddy" and act like a dadcon XD
    Seriously, all she had to do was create the "choice"
    If Tia didn't cause a butterfly effect then yes, things would have ended up the same way, but you're giving Ruve WAAAY to much credit lol
    Literally seen worse people treated better, so I guess it's a matter of perspective XD

19. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    I -
    Sigh......

Ikr. I've had a male lead whom father is delusional and mother who doesn't even want to birth him than ended up getting disowned by his dad and absolutely betrayed by the FL. I don't see him complaining. What Ruve went through isn't even half of what some other ppl went through.

This topic never dies lol

Ikr. I've had a male lead whom father is delusional and mother who doesn't even want to birth him than ended up getting disowned and absolutely betrayed by the FL. I don't see him complaining. What Ruve went through isn't even half of what some other ppl went through. Heck Tudor king Edward is also
    Oh hey! A comrade. Expect I like it when the male lead suffers Lol

Ikr. I've had a male lead whom father is delusional and mother who doesn't even want to birth him than ended up getting disowned and absolutely betrayed by the FL. I don't see him complaining. What Ruve went through isn't even half of what some other ppl went through. Heck Tudor king Edward is also
    But this isn't a thread about liking the webtoon, it's clearly tagged as discussion and the op clearly stated they want to see some shitshow

Taruna likes this.
  20. Nuzlocke

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    And he got it XD

Attached Files: